Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,017 members, 7,828,580 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

The Similarity Of Maitaisine & Mazooipob - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Similarity Of Maitaisine & Mazooipob (458 Views)

The Similarity: Shekau & Kanu / The Similarity:kanu And Shekau / Similarity And Difference Between Adolf Hitler And Ojukwu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Similarity Of Maitaisine & Mazooipob by moninuola65: 9:39am On Aug 25, 2017
The founder of the Maitatsine sect, Alhaji Mohammed (Muhammadu) Marwa was not a Nigerian
even if his activities would later lead to the loss of thousands of precious Nigerian lives.
He migrated from the town of Marwa (Maroua) in northern Cameroon to Kano State in 1945.
Maitatsine settled in the warm and hospitable city of Kano, acclimatized and adapted to their ways of life.

Not much was known about his activities in the ancient city of Kano up until the early 1960s when the story changed all of a sudden.

Nnamdi Kanu is UK-Nigeria citizen.
He is the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and the director of Radio Biafra pirate radio station.
Kanu has been in detention in Kuje prison, Abuja, since mid October 2015. However, he has been granted bail on April 25, 2017. Read more: https://www.naij.com/tag/nnamdi-kanu.html
Re: The Similarity Of Maitaisine & Mazooipob by moninuola65: 9:49am On Aug 25, 2017
Maitatsine was just one of the many sects of Islam in northern Nigeria as at that time.
Others included the Shiites Izala (Sheikh Abubakar Gumi’s Jamaat Izalat al-Bida wa Iqamat al-Sunna and the Tariqa.
These other sects are still active and there is a precarious swing of harmony and violence.

However, out of these four main sects Maitatsine stood out as the most radical.
While other sects still cooperated to a reasonable extent with the government, Maitatsine was absolutely against the government and anything that represent constituted authority.
Even the Emir of Kano was not safe from his wrath. He would later be known for his fierce and curse-filled speeches against the Nigerian government.
It was this practice that earned him the nickname Mai Tatsine. That was because he would mount the pulpit and lash out in his red-hot speeches in a not-too-perfect Hausa:

Allah ya tsine maka albarka!

Meaning: May God deprive you of His blessings!

He would continue thus: Whoever uses wristwatches, radios or ride bicycles, Allah ya tsine maka albarka!

In no time, the people of Kano quickly labelled him Mai Tatsine which can be loosely translated to mean ‘he who curses‘, ‘the one with curses’ or ‘the one who curses’.

1 Like

Re: The Similarity Of Maitaisine & Mazooipob by intruxive(m): 9:57am On Aug 25, 2017
sad
Re: The Similarity Of Maitaisine & Mazooipob by moninuola65: 10:24am On Aug 25, 2017
An Igbo friend sent me a video recently, and in that video, Kanu came across as insulting, arrogant, filled with hate and somewhat dishonest about most of the history of the same country whose passport I am sure both he, members of his family and countless followers carry.....
A concern Nigerian
Re: The Similarity Of Maitaisine & Mazooipob by truth4u: 11:27am On Aug 25, 2017
moninuola65:
An Igbo friend sent me a video recently, and in that video, Kanu came across as insulting, arrogant, filled with hate and somewhat dishonest about most of the history of the same country whose passport I am sure both he, members of his family and countless followers carry.....
A concern Nigerian
No Igbo is carrying Nigeria passport willing.... That is why igbos are fighting to actualize Biafra... What don't you diabolically understand

2 Likes

Re: The Similarity Of Maitaisine & Mazooipob by walemoney007(m): 11:47am On Aug 25, 2017
moninuola65:
A concern Nigerian
don't you people get tired of all this useless talk?

1 Like

Re: The Similarity Of Maitaisine & Mazooipob by moninuola65: 12:38pm On Aug 25, 2017
walemoney007:
don't you people get tired of all this useless talk?
how can I get tired of saving lives?

(1) (Reply)

US Lawyers Storm Nigeria To Gather Evidence Against Nigerian Government / ISSUES: Coalition Of Benue South Youth Assembly Affirm The Position Of 2019 Sena / Apc Hijacked Cdhr Lagos Branch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.