Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Tiger Woods Finally Speaks: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tiger Woods Finally Speaks: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' (3346 Views)

Stella Damasus Speaks: “I Owe Doris Simeon No Apologies For Taking Her Husband” / Chidinma Finally Speaks About Her Relationship With Flavour Nabania / D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tiger Woods Finally Speaks: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' by lizfab(f): 7:48pm On Feb 19, 2010
On the 84th day, Tiger Woods finally spoke. He let the world know that he is sorry for what happened, that he will continue to get help for his addiction and that he will not be playing golf anytime soon.

Tiger gave us what appeared to be a previously outlined statement from his PR team, finishing with a plea for people to "believe in me again." His first message was that of sorrow, but the 14-minute statement turned heated when Tiger spoke of rumors that his wife Elin had chased and/or hit him with a golf club: 

"There is one issue I really want to discuss. Some people have speculated that Elin somehow hurt or attacked me on Thanksgiving night. It angers me that people would fabricate a story like that. Elin never hit me that night or any other night. There has never been an episode of domestic violence in our marriage. Ever."

Tiger's mom, Tim Finchem and fellow PGA Tour player and former Stanford teammate Notah Begay III were in attendance, but Elin was not. That didn't stop Tiger from speaking about her most of the time.

Tiger admitted that he is the only one to blame, admitting, "I was unfaithful." He also apologized to his family, friends and fans, and said he thought he played by different rules because of money and fame, but agrees that those "actions were wrong."

Tiger admitted "he has a long way to go," but he is taking steps in the right direction, and said that no matter what people want to know about his marriage, it is going to stay within the family. "Please leave my wife and kids alone," Tiger stated.

As for golf, Tiger said that he will return to golf one day, he just doesn't know when that day will be. He also didn't rule out returning in 2010, but no date was promised. 

All in all it was the statement we expected -- preempted, selective and, in typical Tiger fashion, guarded. Nobody will ever know if Tiger has changed, but it sure sounds like he meant it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil_ball_golf/post/Tiger-Woods-finally-speaks-I-am-deeply-sorry-?urn=golf,220808

Re: Tiger Woods Finally Speaks: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' by SisiKill1: 11:37pm On Feb 19, 2010
Why the heck is he issuing an apology to "People"? He wasn't married to "people". . . "People's" relationship with him starts and ends on the golf course.

Who gives a rat's patootie if he wants to sleep with a billion and one women.?
Re: Tiger Woods Finally Speaks: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' by Dolemite(f): 11:51pm On Feb 19, 2010
Sisi_Kill:

Why the heck is he issuing an apology to "People"? He wasn't married to "people". . . "People's" relationship with him starts and ends on the golf course.

It's for marketing purposes, parents may not buy the tiger woods video game and other mechanise for their kids if they think he's a womaniser. . .
Re: Tiger Woods Finally Speaks: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' by mamagee3(f): 12:37am On Feb 20, 2010
He's just a disgusting, egomaniac fool.
I can't believe he had the guts to speak, he should just go into extinction
cause I don't give two milli cents about him
Re: Tiger Woods Finally Speaks: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' by Kunbee: 11:46am On Feb 20, 2010
He didnt look sincere to me sha undecided undecided
Re: Tiger Woods Finally Speaks: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' by Nobody: 8:20pm On Feb 20, 2010
who cares @ topic
Re: Tiger Woods Finally Speaks: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' by Nobody: 10:13pm On Feb 20, 2010
He didn't owe anyone any apology, except his wife and family. But he made the right decision on many levels by coming out yesterday. Now I just hope people'll finally leave him alone. What he does and what goes on between him and his wife is no one else's business.
Re: Tiger Woods Finally Speaks: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' by hackney(m): 11:19pm On Feb 20, 2010
The man is a seasoned cheater.
And his apology was very tacky as well. so selfish!!!
To have hooked up with that many women while married to a hot chick. shocked sad
If he wasnt caught out he would still be perusing all those strippers and call girls.
Hope he didnt give the wife any nasty thing sha.
the wife should just get half of his billions and start afresh.
Disgustingly dirty life.
What a rat!!!
Re: Tiger Woods Finally Speaks: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' by shilling(f): 6:41am On Feb 22, 2010
hackney:

To have hooked up with that many women while married to a hot chick. shocked sad
If he wasnt caught out he would still be perusing all those strippers and call girls.
Disgustingly dirty life.
What a rat!!!

Exactly!!
Re: Tiger Woods Finally Speaks: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' by Sissy3(f): 7:38am On Feb 22, 2010
he isnt sorry that he cheated. he is just sorry that he got caught sniffing through 12+ womens vagi[i]n[/i]a while feeling "entitled" to them

hes not done cheating. i bet if he can find another woman he would have a covenant with not to spill anything, he would go ahead and cheat once more.
Re: Tiger Woods Finally Speaks: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' by Nobody: 9:41am On Feb 22, 2010
Lol Tiger is ridiculous.

Celebrity, na wa o, so now he's apologising to the public and being all teary eyes to win fans back abi?? Wen he was doing all the kerewa e no kno sai fowl yash go blow?

If i bi e wife, i for slap the living hell outta him while he was giving that apology speech.

Once a cheat always a cheat, I'm disgusted by this man!
Re: Tiger Woods Finally Speaks: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' by pattiano(f): 10:08am On Feb 22, 2010
@[s] Dolemate
Why would he not apologise? At least the word "Sorry" brings a lot of changes into someone's life.

@Hackney
Is there any word like "Cheater" you and Alloy-Emeka Should spare me that word its "Cheat and not Cheater"

@ Dolemate and Hackney
If any of you have not sin before you can then cast stone at Tiger Woods. Nobody is above mistake and i guess that with this mistake he has made and apologised, there will be a turn around for him, atleast people do worst things by sleeping with their best frinds wives. I wonder why his own case is well pronounced, anyway that is the price a celebrity must pay.

We should all learn to FORGIVE and FORGET.[/s]
Re: Tiger Woods Finally Speaks: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' by pattiano(f): 10:12am On Feb 22, 2010
@ Sisi Kill
Why would he not apologise? At least the word "Sorry" brings a lot of changes into someone's life.

@Hackney
Is there any word like "Cheater" you and Alloy-Emeka Should spare me that word its "Cheat and not Cheater"

@ Sisi kill and Hackney
If any of you have not sinned before you can then cast stone at Tiger Woods. Nobody is above mistake and i guess that with this mistake he has made and apologised, there will be a turn around for him, atleast people do worst things by sleeping with their best frinds wives. I wonder why his own case is well pronounced, anyway that is the price a celebrity must pay.

We should all learn to FORGIVE and FORGET.
Re: Tiger Woods Finally Speaks: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' by SisiKill1: 11:20am On Feb 22, 2010
What are you talking about?

Who is casting stones?
Re: Tiger Woods Finally Speaks: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' by spikedcylinder: 11:55am On Feb 22, 2010
His mouth like obo. grin
Re: Tiger Woods Finally Speaks: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' by Nobody: 12:01pm On Feb 22, 2010
spikedcylinder:

His mouth like obo. grin

Correct talk!! Dis guy need to go back into his hiding sport.
Re: Tiger Woods Finally Speaks: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' by Nobody: 1:11pm On Feb 22, 2010
abegi apology was strictly for the cameras. unless the wife is something even dumber than the quintessential dumb blonde - there's no way she could not have known . i mean come on - text messages 15 different women
Re: Tiger Woods Finally Speaks: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 22, 2010
hackney:

Disgustingly dirty life.
What a rat!!!
The guy shouldn't have bothered to stage that piece of crap.
It was just a waste of time.
We don't need to hear him say sorry.
Re: Tiger Woods Finally Speaks: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' by oolateju: 4:44pm On Feb 22, 2010
Lol, The apology is all for the sake of his sponsors.

come to think of it sha, he try small. A naija man will never apologise publicly. for wat? when having a wife and a mistress has become norm. Some wives sabi there husband girlfriends sef.

Oyinbo woman don spoil.
Re: Tiger Woods Finally Speaks: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' by bgees(m): 9:43pm On Feb 22, 2010
the only person that deserves his apology is his wife.
Re: Tiger Woods Finally Speaks: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' by ijawgirl: 3:56am On Feb 23, 2010
SMH! He does not owe me or anyone else an apology. Please take care of your business at home.
Re: Tiger Woods Finally Speaks: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' by MeGaStReEt: 6:57am On Feb 23, 2010
bgees:

the only person that deserves his apology is his wife.

GBAM!
Re: Tiger Woods Finally Speaks: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' by mbulela: 12:31pm On Feb 23, 2010
Tiger Woods' 'speech' was an especially bizarre event as he publically apologized to his fans and even his sponsors, amongst others. He pleaded for fans to try to believe in him again.

Believe in you? Who do you think you are? A god?

Who wants or has that kind of emotional investment in a distant golfer? We don't believe in you and we never have. This isn't an insult. Why would we? We don't know you. We don't expect anything except golf from you. The rest is surely irrelevant to us. You are not that important to almost all of us. We have our own lives going on. We don't hang on your every move.

Tiger may inspire you to play better golf but his job on earth was never to set you an example of how to live your life, even though he was apparently seen by many corporations and indeed by himself, as being exactly that. Wrong. The exact same thing goes for high-profile footballers who are dragged through the press for their 'indiscretions'.

This is part of the industry of hysterical celebrity culture which has made some of the public think such people should be other than mere mortals. In this world they are 'icons' and 'role models' and 'ambassadors' whereas you and I know that they're just Hot blokes with money and endless temptation.
Re: Tiger Woods Finally Speaks: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' by Nobody: 1:29pm On Feb 23, 2010
u forget that its westerners we are talking about here - they that turn celebrities into idols
Re: Tiger Woods Finally Speaks: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' by yemmight(m): 12:25pm On Feb 25, 2010
Why are all of you making so much noise about the guy? Is the guy not human being? Women like you tempted him and almost ruined him. You know how many temptation that guy would have resisted. Even It happend to an ex-american president and the world never came to an end. Afterall the guy openly apologise to the whole world. Just say in one world if u were his wife what would you do? Kill him of leave him? Please.
Re: Tiger Woods Finally Speaks: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' by Seun(m): 1:19pm On Feb 25, 2010
Sisi_Kill:

Exactly.  If he wants to apologize, let him do so on the golf court by winning even more titles.

Dolemite:

It's for marketing purposes, parents may not buy the tiger woods video game and other mechanise for their kids if they think he's a womaniser. . .

I agree, but it may be better if he faces his game and just pretends it all never happened. 
The only way to kill bad press is to replace it with good press; others have done far worse.

Tiger Woods is who he is because of his golf. As long as his game gets better, I'm happy.
Re: Tiger Woods Finally Speaks: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' by horny4u(f): 3:12pm On Feb 25, 2010
I don't want your head on a plate, Tiger!
You are forgiven
Go and never look at a round bum or heavy front again.
Once again you are forgiven :becos you are human even Bill Clinton erred abi its becos only lewinsky came forth,
Re: Tiger Woods Finally Speaks: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' by jamalzox: 3:36pm On Feb 25, 2010
BIG ONE: VERY CREATIVE YOUNG SCRIPT WRITERS WANTED. A 21st century media company in Nigeria requires the skills of very talented script writers.
for more info, please call 08066301946.
THE FUTURE IS NOW.
Re: Tiger Woods Finally Speaks: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' by dalinkwnt(m): 4:21pm On Feb 25, 2010
The boy has bad taste in women.
Re: Tiger Woods Finally Speaks: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' by Wrex(m): 4:56pm On Feb 25, 2010
Abeg,leave this guy alone,every man is a potential flirt
Re: Tiger Woods Finally Speaks: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' by SwtzMinx(f): 5:00pm On Feb 25, 2010
¤yawn*. .does dz real matter?
Re: Tiger Woods Finally Speaks: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' by cruworld(m): 5:35pm On Feb 25, 2010
Dont know why you Good for nothing taking is matter serious, Acting like as if you the best Human, How many times have we seen any Nigerian celebrity apologising for what they did wrong

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lady Gaga Without Make-ups! What A Beautiful Monster / Baba Aluwe’s Son Sunkanmi Set To Wed / Muslim Magazine Publisher Mariam Mohammed Shares Bikini Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.