Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,685 members, 7,851,357 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:42 PM

Nigerian Embassy In Us - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Embassy In Us (662 Views)

The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA / The Deplorable State Of The Nigerian Embassy In Malaysia (see Photos) / Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Embassy In Us by naijatoday: 12:38am On Feb 20, 2010
I want to reissue (get a new one) my Passport.

They are telling me to submit my old passport.

I wanted to find out if they will return the Old passport or are the going to keep it?
Re: Nigerian Embassy In Us by OBLONG(m): 12:43am On Feb 20, 2010
They are going to keep it. It will be useless to you anyways---- if you don't want them to keep it tell them that your passport was stolen and they should issue you a new one.
Re: Nigerian Embassy In Us by omega25red(m): 3:00pm On Feb 20, 2010
they actually gave me mine back but they stampped cancel all over it and this was like 5 or 6 years ago
Re: Nigerian Embassy In Us by snowdrops(m): 1:05am On Feb 21, 2010
omega25red:

they actually gave me mine back but they stampped cancel all over it and this was like 5 or 6 years ago
Re: Nigerian Embassy In Us by naijatoday: 4:32am On Feb 21, 2010
oh!!!! so they will return it?

I want it back because my Visa is on it. I do not mind if they stamp cancel on it.
Re: Nigerian Embassy In Us by omega25red(m): 7:03pm On Feb 21, 2010
if your visa is on it you might not want cancelled stamped on it instead have them give it an extension stamp. If they cancel the passport wont that make your visa void?
Re: Nigerian Embassy In Us by OBLONG(m): 7:21pm On Feb 21, 2010
yes it would--- just get a new passport and report the old one stolen
Re: Nigerian Embassy In Us by naijatoday: 7:29pm On Feb 21, 2010
It cost $385 to report your passport stolen.

I do not want to pay that high cost, but gosh i want my old passport back
Re: Nigerian Embassy In Us by OBLONG(m): 7:33pm On Feb 21, 2010
I still have my old passport and I got a new one for a couple of bucks or so--- they never even asked for me for my old passport, I just applied for a new one

this is new development for me sha.
Re: Nigerian Embassy In Us by naijatoday: 3:25am On Feb 22, 2010
I was going by what they wrote on their website. I guess i will just call them to find out. THANKS.

(1) (Reply)

Job Offer In Kuwait/ Apply Now Deadline 5th Sept / Advice / What Is The Problem With Traveling Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.