Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

The Filthy World Of Nigeria's Drug Lords - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Filthy World Of Nigeria's Drug Lords (7523 Views)

Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common / Imo Killings: Okorocha Is A Filthy Sodomite, One-legged Ritualist – Fani-kayode / FFK Calls Okorocha: "Scum, Ritualist, Filthy, Pig, Cultist, 419er, Sodomite" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Filthy World Of Nigeria's Drug Lords by clemmonce(m): 10:16pm On Aug 25, 2017
The Filthy World of Nigeria's drug lords
One of it’s debilitating manifestation is the recent killing in Ozubulu, Anambra State. The government alone cannot solve the problems of drug trade. Parents and religious leaders must be involved.

drug-smuggling
Most parents no longer ask their children how they got their wealth, because indirectly they pushed them to it. Our religious leaders won’t stop blessing them, because of the inherent largesse in doing so. The church killing is a perfect example but believe me, it’s just the beginning.

In the late 80s and up to late 90s, while we were in our formative years, we had our own share of societal influence. This influence had impacts over our values, thoughts, decision and perception. Our general overview on life were greatly shaped by what we saw, heard and related with every day.

Two major influence that exerted great impacts on us were music and film. Those days, I loved listening to gists. I loved following trends. I listened to latest music and watched films. That period was when Nigeria’s hip hop artistes started making waves. Although, they were not so popular like what obtains nowadays, but they were quite prominent. Plantashion Boyz (where Tu Face emerged), Daddy Shokey, Baba Fryo and other were still struggling for survival; unlike Boyz II Men, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Tony Braxton and other foreign musicians, who were so popular among many Nigerian youths.

One thing you cannot take away from me is my love for originality. This made local musicians and film artists look more attractive to me.

In those days, Sikiru Ayinde Barrister, Wasiu Ayinde Marshall, Abbas Akande Obesere, Adewale Ayuba, Sir Shina Peters and a host of others were the rave of the moment.

Then, we were so obsessed with their performances on stage. Everybody craved being mentioned in the social circle by these musicians. Immediately they were mentioned, they became so popular among the socialites, businessmen, corporate bodies, big girls and students.

I remember those periods with great and mixed nostalgia. You cannot claim to be current, until you know Tulampa (Tula Mania Oko Yetunde of London), Ade Bendel, Salawe Sati Ramoni, Tunde Oginni (Oginni mi Allen), Rotimi Ogedengbe(Ewolewo, O ya bara), Ajala Basiru, Bolaji Basia, Segun Alawaye, Siliki, Lanre Shittu and other criminals and Druglords. They were praised to high heavens by musicians and clerics.

No thanks to Wasiu Ayinde, Obesere, Shina and co.
Lyrics like:
Ade Bendel mi oooo, ololo ooo. Oko Yinka, ololooo! Kinni to loo bummi nkoooo, ab’o ni bunmi mo, o saanu o bunmi….

He praised him to the extent that some of us felt like being like him. Then, secretly, Ade Bendel was my role model. I loved everything about the young Edo man, especially his criminal exploits in drug peddling. The day I heard Ade Bendel bought Lexus and Buick! Oh my God! I felt like turning myself into one of ‘his boys’!

Maurice Ibekwe, who later became a member of the Federal House of Representatives, was another criminal I loved so dearly. You know why? The way Wasiu sang his praises in his record was just captivating: E je ka re’le Maurice, Ibekwe! Ogenne Maurice na nu Nkechi, Odinma….

Bolaji mi Basia mi, Basia mi oo. Oko Abukki mi, Abukki mi oo. Baba alaye t’o se gogo mi, se gogo mi oo. Bolaji mi Basia miiii oooo! Pali pali l’owo mi l’odo Basia ooo. Kii nawo e le’yo l’eyo…Do you even know the meaning of the last part of the rhythm? It means: “Bolaji Basia doesn’t spray me in piecemeal. He sprays me in bundles and bales! And true to it, he sprayed in packs, bundles and bales!

Did you remember what killed Tunde Tulampa? He had a ghastly accident, while rushing home from one of Wasiu’s life performances, in a bid to bringing more money from home to spray. Hmmm…Awa l’awo ti Tula Mania Oko Yetunde of London, gba’bi ma gbabe, gbabe ma gbabi.

How many will I count? Those fraudsters and drug pushers are just too numerous. Lagos Island is the hotspot of drug deal in Nigeria. Lagos Island is a transit point from Asia and South America to Europe and America. Ghana, Republic of Benin and Ivory Coast are their drug routes. Island boys know the route more than the nationals residing in those countries.

They are in active criminal conspiracy with Customs and Immigration officers. You can never track them. It is a cartel you cannot break easily. They are just too sophisticated to be nabbed. They travel to Europe like we travel on a daily interstate basis. Airport and bank officials are not left out in this long chain of criminality.

Those who carry for those big men are the couriers. You carry on an agreed term. You must follow instructions religiously. And if you’re caught, you’re on your own. It is between life and death. You succeed, you’re rich. You fail, you’re doomed. No one cares what happens to you.

They make millions in foreign currencies and billions in naira. The youths are marveled and impressed with their filthy and lush lifestyles. They buy posh cars to oppress. They spend lavishly on alcohol and prostitutes. They live ostentatiously to the admiration of the willing-to-join youths. You must ‘belong’ before you can be integrated into the system. You cannot decipher some codes, if you are not ‘among’.

Many lives have been lost through the illicit trade. Many youths are serving endless terms in foreign prisons. Many are languishing in pains and regrets in incarceration.

One of it’s debilitating manifestation is the recent killing in Ozubulu, Anambra State. The government alone cannot solve the problems of drug trade. Parents and religious leaders must be involved. Most parents no longer ask their children how they got their wealth, because indirectly they pushed them to it. Our religious leaders won’t stop blessing them, because of the inherent largesse in doing so.

The church killing is a perfect example but believe me, it’s just the beginning.
By Adejare Ibrahim, a social commentator writes from Oyo state.

cc mynd44
cc lalasticlala

5 Likes

Re: The Filthy World Of Nigeria's Drug Lords by cristianisraeli: 10:19pm On Aug 25, 2017
clemmonce:
The Filthy World of Nigeria's drug lords
One of it’s debilitating manifestation is the recent killing in Ozubulu, Anambra State. The government alone cannot solve the problems of drug trade. Parents and religious leaders must be involved.

drug-smuggling
Most parents no longer ask their children how they got their wealth, because indirectly they pushed them to it. Our religious leaders won’t stop blessing them, because of the inherent largesse in doing so. The church killing is a perfect example but believe me, it’s just the beginning.

In the late 80s and up to late 90s, while we were in our formative years, we had our own share of societal influence. This influence had impacts over our values, thoughts, decision and perception. Our general overview on life were greatly shaped by what we saw, heard and related with every day.

Two major influence that exerted great impacts on us were music and film. Those days, I loved listening to gists. I loved following trends. I listened to latest music and watched films. That period was when Nigeria’s hip hop artistes started making waves. Although, they were not so popular like what obtains nowadays, but they were quite prominent. Plantashion Boyz (where Tu Face emerged), Daddy Shokey, Baba Fryo and other were still struggling for survival; unlike Boyz II Men, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Tony Braxton and other foreign musicians, who were so popular among many Nigerian youths.

One thing you cannot take away from me is my love for originality. This made local musicians and film artists look more attractive to me.

In those days, Sikiru Ayinde Barrister, Wasiu Ayinde Marshall, Abbas Akande Obesere, Adewale Ayuba, Sir Shina Peters and a host of others were the rave of the moment.

Then, we were so obsessed with their performances on stage. Everybody craved being mentioned in the social circle by these musicians. Immediately they were mentioned, they became so popular among the socialites, businessmen, corporate bodies, big girls and students.

I remember those periods with great and mixed nostalgia. You cannot claim to be current, until you know Tulampa (Tula Mania Oko Yetunde of London), Ade Bendel, Salawe Sati Ramoni, Tunde Oginni (Oginni mi Allen), Rotimi Ogedengbe(Ewolewo, O ya bara), Ajala Basiru, Bolaji Basia, Segun Alawaye, Siliki, Lanre Shittu and other criminals and Druglords. They were praised to high heavens by musicians and clerics.

No thanks to Wasiu Ayinde, Obesere, Shina and co.
Lyrics like:
Ade Bendel mi oooo, ololo ooo. Oko Yinka, ololooo! Kinni to loo bummi nkoooo, ab’o ni bunmi mo, o saanu o bunmi….

He praised him to the extent that some of us felt like being like him. Then, secretly, Ade Bendel was my role model. I loved everything about the young Edo man, especially his criminal exploits in drug peddling. The day I heard Ade Bendel bought Lexus and Buick! Oh my God! I felt like turning myself into one of ‘his boys’!

Maurice Ibekwe, who later became a member of the Federal House of Representatives, was another criminal I loved so dearly. You know why? The way Wasiu sang his praises in his record was just captivating: E je ka re’le Maurice, Ibekwe! Ogenne Maurice na nu Nkechi, Odinma….

Bolaji mi Basia mi, Basia mi oo. Oko Abukki mi, Abukki mi oo. Baba alaye t’o se gogo mi, se gogo mi oo. Bolaji mi Basia miiii oooo! Pali pali l’owo mi l’odo Basia ooo. Kii nawo e le’yo l’eyo…Do you even know the meaning of the last part of the rhythm? It means: “Bolaji Basia doesn’t spray me in piecemeal. He sprays me in bundles and bales! And true to it, he sprayed in packs, bundles and bales!

Did you remember what killed Tunde Tulampa? He had a ghastly accident, while rushing home from one of Wasiu’s life performances, in a bid to bringing more money from home to spray. Hmmm…Awa l’awo ti Tula Mania Oko Yetunde of London, gba’bi ma gbabe, gbabe ma gbabi.

How many will I count? Those fraudsters and drug pushers are just too numerous. Lagos Island is the hotspot of drug deal in Nigeria. Lagos Island is a transit point from Asia and South America to Europe and America. Ghana, Republic of Benin and Ivory Coast are their drug routes. Island boys know the route more than the nationals residing in those countries.

They are in active criminal conspiracy with Customs and Immigration officers. You can never track them. It is a cartel you cannot break easily. They are just too sophisticated to be nabbed. They travel to Europe like we travel on a daily interstate basis. Airport and bank officials are not left out in this long chain of criminality.

Those who carry for those big men are the couriers. You carry on an agreed term. You must follow instructions religiously. And if you’re caught, you’re on your own. It is between life and death. You succeed, you’re rich. You fail, you’re doomed. No one cares what happens to you.

They make millions in foreign currencies and billions in naira. The youths are marveled and impressed with their filthy and lush lifestyles. They buy posh cars to oppress. They spend lavishly on alcohol and prostitutes. They live ostentatiously to the admiration of the willing-to-join youths. You must ‘belong’ before you can be integrated into the system. You cannot decipher some codes, if you are not ‘among’.

Many lives have been lost through the illicit trade. Many youths are serving endless terms in foreign prisons. Many are languishing in pains and regrets in incarceration.

One of it’s debilitating manifestation is the recent killing in Ozubulu, Anambra State. The government alone cannot solve the problems of drug trade. Parents and religious leaders must be involved. Most parents no longer ask their children how they got their wealth, because indirectly they pushed them to it. Our religious leaders won’t stop blessing them, because of the inherent largesse in doing so.

The church killing is a perfect example but believe me, it’s just the beginning.

By Adejare Ibrahim, a social commentator writes from Oyo state.

NICE ONE FROM IBRO
Re: The Filthy World Of Nigeria's Drug Lords by eposho: 10:33pm On Aug 25, 2017
Old boy,.one name is missing.
TOTO ABUGA.
Re: The Filthy World Of Nigeria's Drug Lords by clemmonce(m): 10:34pm On Aug 25, 2017
eposho:
Old boy,.one name is missing. TOTO ABUGA.
who be TOTO ABUGA ?? I no sure say the guy bad well well....
Re: The Filthy World Of Nigeria's Drug Lords by finest0007(m): 10:37pm On Aug 25, 2017
Beautiful piece. It's sad how we glorify these guys including politicians and yahoo Yahoo boys.

1 Like

Re: The Filthy World Of Nigeria's Drug Lords by eposho: 10:49pm On Aug 25, 2017
clemmonce:
who be TOTO ABUGA ?? I no sure say the guy bad well well....
Go and research well,
Toto and satti ramon na don of don.
These two were on wanted list of both emerican/British radar for a long time.
Gbabe.

1 Like

Re: The Filthy World Of Nigeria's Drug Lords by clemmonce(m): 10:51pm On Aug 25, 2017
eposho:
Go and research well, Toto and satti ramon na don of don. These two were on wanted list of both emerican/British radar for a long time. Gbabe.
nah wah oooo... I will definitely do a research on him ......
Re: The Filthy World Of Nigeria's Drug Lords by clemmonce(m): 10:55pm On Aug 25, 2017
finest0007:
Beautiful piece. It's sad how we glorify these guys including politicians and yahoo Yahoo boys.
it is so so surprising how we glorify them in the open. our values and morals are gone..I know someday we will get it right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Filthy World Of Nigeria's Drug Lords by eposho: 10:55pm On Aug 25, 2017
clemmonce:
nah wah oooo... I will definitely do a research on him ......
A lot of mules are still languishing in jail because of these dudes.
Some got fed up and ended olatunjis(TOTOsmiley life on arrival from uk yrs ago.
Omo ko easy.
Re: The Filthy World Of Nigeria's Drug Lords by clemmonce(m): 10:57pm On Aug 25, 2017
eposho:

A lot of mules are still languishing in jail because of these dudes.
Some got fed up and ended olatunjis(TOTOsmiley life on arrival from uk yrs ago.
Omo ko easy.
yeah.. what ever you sow you got to reap it....we need to talk against things like this so the younger generations will learn...
Re: The Filthy World Of Nigeria's Drug Lords by clemmonce(m): 11:01pm On Aug 25, 2017
There is one man that owns a house not too far from my house.... I heard he was duped by Ade Bendel and he died of heart attack..... those guys ehnnnn

1 Like

Re: The Filthy World Of Nigeria's Drug Lords by eposho: 11:02pm On Aug 25, 2017
clemmonce:
yeah.. what ever you sow you got to reap it....we need to talk against things like this so the younger generations will learn...
The live we live have always been btw good and bad. Fast lane/slow lane.
We can talk against it but education eradicate poverty. Good governance reduces the ills In the society without which ko le werk.
Re: The Filthy World Of Nigeria's Drug Lords by clemmonce(m): 11:16pm On Aug 25, 2017
eposho:

The live we live have always been btw good and bad. Fast lane/slow lane.
We can talk against it but education eradicate poverty. Good governance reduces the ills In the society without which ko le werk.
very very true....
Re: The Filthy World Of Nigeria's Drug Lords by MalcoImX: 11:47pm On Aug 25, 2017
I was fond of one song by KWAM 1 where he keeps mentioning one name called 'Siliki,' that I had it recorded the whole cassette.
Those were the days when big guys were content to be called 'oppressors.' Shina Peters it was who popularize the term.
It's a miracle most of us turn them out of our lives with age, but that time we greatly adore the 'oppressors.' Maybe it's because we listen to a lot of Fela's, Okosuns', Onyeka's, Okotie's, American artistes, etc.
Re: The Filthy World Of Nigeria's Drug Lords by eposho: 11:58pm On Aug 25, 2017
To.be frank most of wasui song had diabolical undertones u need a discerning ear to dissect them.
Sun sun laye gba had a diff meaning
There are many songs where he sang abt his initiation into ifa. Like all arabambi songs.
These are not new.
Re: The Filthy World Of Nigeria's Drug Lords by eposho: 12:00am On Aug 26, 2017
To.be frank most of wasui song had diabolical undertones u need a discerning ear to dissect them.
Sun sun laye gba had a diff meaning(cocaine)
There are many songs where he sang abt his initiation into ifa. Like all arabambi songs.
These are not new.
Re: The Filthy World Of Nigeria's Drug Lords by Portgas(m): 12:16am On Aug 26, 2017
cristianisraeli:

NICE ONE FROM IBRO

Na which kind idiot you be sef...

It took me a long time of scrolling to get to the comments only to meet you quoting the entire post.... haba... na only you waka come?

1 Like

Re: The Filthy World Of Nigeria's Drug Lords by cristianisraeli: 12:21am On Aug 26, 2017
Portgas:

Na which kind idiot you be sef...

It took me a long time of scrolling to get to the comments only to meet you quoting the entire post.... haba... na only you waka come?

bastard dummy poo head...ode..e bi like say ur brake fail abi...u better look road b4 u cross..mad bastard..i read everything and i say nice one...e concern u...bloody bastard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Filthy World Of Nigeria's Drug Lords by Ikwokrikwo: 6:43am On Aug 26, 2017
Ibrahim didn't mention Yoruba muslim ritualists who are far worse
Re: The Filthy World Of Nigeria's Drug Lords by Rucheen(m): 7:02am On Aug 26, 2017
What of the beast of burdillon

(1) (Reply)

Insecurity: Police, Community Leaders Have Failed Nigeria, Says Buhari / "Nigerians Work Very Hard, Shows Nigeria Is Bound To Do Well"- Osinbajo In US / ESUTH: Setting The Records Straight - Gerald Orukwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.