Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

How To Set Up, Self-publish & Sell Your Books On Amazon - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Set Up, Self-publish & Sell Your Books On Amazon (720 Views)

Why Don't Mechanical Engineer Graduates Set Up Mechanic Shops / 9 Strategic Ways To Set And Achieve Your Goals / Traditional Or Self-publish: What’s Best For You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Set Up, Self-publish & Sell Your Books On Amazon by microsofttutor(m): 12:06am On Aug 26, 2017
Self-Publishing on amazon and createspace platforms is quite easy but needs some directions especially if you have not published on these platforms before. Every publishing platform has its own challenges including amazon kindle especially in the design and formatting of ecover and manuscript. But a step by step guide simplifies the whole sign up, self-publishing process. I carefully wrote this article as a walk-through guide especially for novice authors and publishers who wish to self-publish their books, be it fiction novels, non fiction books or tutorial books through amazon with some book sales promotion and boosting strategies. The procedure for publishing on amazon kdp and createspace platforms are almost the same. I explained HOW TO SET UP, SELF-PUBLISH & SELL YOUR BOOKS ON CREATESPACE at http://www.microsofttut.com/2017/08/how-to-set-up-self-publish-your-createspace-book.html in one of my tutorial articles.

how to setup and self publish a book on amazon and createspace

Why You should choose amazon kindle and createspace

There are tons of reasons why you should choose amazon kdp and createspace book publishing platforms. The choice solely depends on your end target and objectives. But always bear in mind that the main aim of every Author and publisher is to make a lot of sales as quickly as possible. Amazon is now the most popular and largest online store especially when it comes to book publishing, distribution and sales.

Amazon owns both Kindle and Createspace. Kindle is a series of eReaders and tablets offered by Amazon. They have varieties of devices for book reading which is one of the qualities that makes the platform unique. Along with the Kindle device, a Kindle app is available for every major web browser, smartphone platform and for both Windows and Mac-based computers. All you do is to publish your once through Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) platform and it becomes available through the Kindle app and on any personal computing device.

You can also publish a hard copy of your book with the platform called paperback format which is printed and distributed on customer's demand. Amazon specially created Createspace book publishing platform to concentrate on the printing, binding and distribution of book hard copies to customers and book retailers from book publishing pkatforms. This has helped Amazon kindle and createspace platforms to reach potentially billions of readers around the world.

There are still more reasons why you should self publish on amazon kdp and createspace. I shared some of my reasons for choosing amazon kdp and createspace out of tons of available online book publishing platforms in one of my tutorial articles. Check it out!
Some Pre-Publishing Requirements & Decisions

Before you set off to self-publish on amazon kdp, there are many things I personally advise you to put in place and decide.

Advice: This tutorial article is a bit lengthy because I explained every step bit by bit to make sure you self- published your books easily. It will guide you through your book setup and publishing Process on Amazon. So prepare and relax your mind and then keep a cup of coffee or tea beside you!

Manuscript:

The first thing is your book manuscript. Make sure you have properly formatted and converted it to the format and file extensions that amazon recommends and accepts.

Here are some interior file formats that amazon accepts both for kindle and paperback ebook version:

Word (.doc or .docx)
HTML (.zip, .htm, .html)
ePub
MOBI (.prc)
Rich Text Format (.rtf)
Plain Text (.txt)
Adobe PDF (.pdf)
Kindle Package Format (.kpf)

Click http://www.microsofttut.com/2017/08/guide-to-set-up-self-publish-on-amazon.html to read full article with screen to screen images of the procedure

(1) (Reply)

... / 5 Types Of Toxic People You Should Avoid At All Costs / Content Manager / Copywriter Position Is Opened At Meeklyrics.com.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.