Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,106 members, 7,863,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:03 AM

5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When Driving Around Schools - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When Driving Around Schools (447 Views)

Which Of These 6 Things Is The Scariest When Driving? / 5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When A Tanker Is Involved In An Accident / 5 Safety Flight Tips For First Time Flyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When Driving Around Schools by AutoJoshNG: 11:42am On Aug 26, 2017
The holiday would soon be over and kids would be resuming back to school.Expect to see a large number of them populate the streets around (7AM-9AM) and (1PM-4PM).

We all know how school kids can be sometimes ,especially the public school children,because of their large number (no offense -I attended a public school too na -Great Mayflower Students !).

I would be giving you some tips today on how to ensure your safety and that of the school kids while driving .

1.Slow Down

When I say slow down , I really mean slooow dooown any time you are driving around schools or a road where school kids take often.

2.Be Ready At All Times
Children behave like springs sometimes ,one moment they are here , the next microsecond they are right in front of your car.So you have to be alert,focus and be ready to prevent a mishap.

3.Don’t Park In Front Of Schools

Its really not advisable to park directly in front of schools ,because you are indirectly putting kids in danger .Let me explain.
When you park in front of the school,depending on the way the road is constructed ,you might obstruct the view of kids who are trying to cross over to the other side,they won’t see oncoming vehicles clearly because of their height ,the same goes for oncoming vehicles,they won’t see the kids.
Also, parking your vehicle there sometimes forces them to walk on the major road since you have taken all the space intended to be used as a side walk(once again depending on how the road is constructed).
But I hope you get the picture I am trying to paint .

4.Take Note Of Signs And Flags
Be observant and take note of signs and flags ,most times thats the point where the school children are going to cross the road.Be observant !.

5.Be Careful When Reversing
Every car has blind spots ,some of these cuties are just to short for you to see ,so be extra careful before you reverse.I have experienced such mishap once,thankfully the kid came out just fine.You might not be so lucky.

Kindly share !.Someone would need this .

https://autojosh.com/5-safety-tips-when-driving-around-schools/

By Donald3d

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Any Nairalander In N Cergy Or Il De Paris Region In France / Helpful Guide To Belgium / Viral Hilarious Video Shows How To Escape Paying The Fares At Lekki Toll Gate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.