Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,297 members, 7,853,381 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:32 PM

Why Neymar Can Never Be The Star Even After Messi And Ronaldo. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Neymar Can Never Be The Star Even After Messi And Ronaldo. (643 Views)

Mbappe Tells PSG He Wants To Leave For Real Madrid After Messi Joins Club / Barca Troll Ronaldo & Juventus With This Photo After Messi Scored Them / The Main Reason Why Neymar Left Barcelona For PSG (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Neymar Can Never Be The Star Even After Messi And Ronaldo. by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 26, 2017
For one reason or the other, a lot of people say Messi and Ronaldo will soon be displaced by Neymar. One thing I have noticed about a lot of these people who say this is: they are emotional. They really love Neymar. But they may just have allowed their love for Neymar to cloud their reasoning because Neymar can Never dethrone Messi and Ronaldo.

Right now Neymar is 25 years old while Messi is 30 and Ronaldo 32. It is imperative to lay it bare that in the next three years, Ronaldo will still be the Ballon d'Or favourite alongside Messi as Ronaldo, as we all know, is an alien. Yet by then Neymar will be 28 already. You still think Neymar will still be at his own peak by then? Think again. Messi is 30 now and as an alien and extraterrestrial he still has about 5 years at the very top. By then Neymar will have past his best as he will be 30 already.

Neymar is worth one or two Ballons d'Or though, he cannot be considered their heir with that number of Ballons d'Or as it's not even sure he will win one with Messi and Ronaldo around till the next five years or so.

Remember that Messi won his first Ballon d'Or at the young age of 22 and Ronaldo did at the age of 23. Now, at the age of 32 Ronaldo is the one to win the Ballon d'Or. In addition, Ronaldo and Messi are not showing signs of slowing down. Ronaldo slowed down though last season as his goal tally was not high yet he won the major trophies and this is quite what is needed.

PSG in Ligue 1 is a good team in a weak league. PSG is a smaller team compared to Real Madrid and Barcelona. Ligue 1 is a lower league compared to La Liga. A goal in La Liga is worth more points than a goal in Ligue 1, for instance.
Scoring a considerable number of goals and winning the major trophies boost a player's chances of winning the Ballon d'Or and PSG is simply not a team that can do much help!
Re: Why Neymar Can Never Be The Star Even After Messi And Ronaldo. by eezeribe(m): 1:28pm On Aug 26, 2017
You are right... I remember when Bale was given the same tag of future Ballon d'or hopeful... But it never materialised and my guy is already approaching 30.
As for Neymer,I don't see him dethroning Ronaldo and Messi... I rather see him as a successor because it's only when Ronaldo and Messi slow down in their performances due to age and accumulated fatigue that someone else would be able to win the award.As long as they are still in their usual blazing hot form,the best anyone else could be is third.
Re: Why Neymar Can Never Be The Star Even After Messi And Ronaldo. by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 26, 2017
eezeribe:
You are right... I remember when Bale was given the same tag of future Ballon d'or hopeful... But it never materialised and my guy is already approaching 30.
As for Neymer,I don't see him dethroning Ronaldo and Messi... I rather see him as a successor because it's only when Ronaldo and Messi slow down in their performances due to age and accumulated fatigue that someone else would be able to win the award.As long as they are still in their usual blazing hot form,the best anyone else could be is third.
You are correct with the Bale example.

(1) (Reply)

Video Of Top Footballers You Never Knew Are Muslims / Mcgregor Salutes Clinical Mayweather / How Does Football Transfer Work;

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.