Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,623 members, 7,820,208 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

I Passed Through Hell Fire To Become a Medical Doctor - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Passed Through Hell Fire To Become a Medical Doctor (1896 Views)

Oluebube Okoye, UNIZIK's Best Graduating Student In Pharmacy Is A Medical Doctor / Justin Chukwudi Olewuezi Graduates From Russian University As A Medical Doctor / Ejim Chinazom Judith Graduates As A Medical Doctor In A Wheelchair In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Passed Through Hell Fire To Become a Medical Doctor by Sokere8: 3:13pm On Aug 26, 2017
My name is Dr Ewere Thompson Nosa. I am from the Southern part of Nigeria. I woke up this morning feeling fresh and blessed. I was reminiscing on how I got to this point in life. This is the same guy that was suicidal some years back. Looking at how far I have gone I felt like sharing the story of my life. I hope you get inspired after reading.

Growing up as a child, I was passionate about going to the university. I had dreams of becoming a medical doctor so while in high school, I just couldn’t wait to get done and move to the university. I can recall that when I told my friends back then that I wanted to be a medical doctor, they had laughed at me. As a child, I knew that to become a medical doctor I needed to be intelligent and financially buoyant. Well, I was intelligent and for the finance, I believed my dad was capable of sponsoring me.

Unfortunately, in 2009 after I had completed high school, I lost my precious dad to the cold hands of death. His death was a big blow to my family as everything changed. Yes! Things became really tough for us. I had written JAMB same year so while waiting for an admission into the university, I started up a little shop on the streets where I was repairing phones. Being young, I faced a lot of reproach, rejection and bullying from the streets hoodlums. Sometimes, they would beat me up and collect my money. I can remember a day that some cultist beat me up at my work place because I didn't fix their phone to their specification.

I also faced a lot of disappointments even from my loved ones. Well, that same year, I was fortunate to be granted an admission to study Medicine and Surgery in the University of Port Harcourt. When I received my offer letter I was overjoyed. But when I remembered that I had lost my dad who was supposed to pay my fees, I started crying. Well, God actually provided my fees and I was able to move to school.

I started my first year in medical school in January 2010. I had to travel over 1000 kilometres to Rivers State. A place I knew no one. I got to Uniport without having a place to lay my head and I wasn't having enough money to rent an apartment off campus. Meanwhile the school’s hostel allocation list was yet to be released. So I formed a team with my dear friend, Edafe, and guess what we did? We broke into one of the locked hostels and started staying there.

A week later some guys who once resided there came back from holidays. When they saw us there, they threw away our belongings and sent us back to the streets. I had to separate from Edafe for a while just to look for another place to stay. I begged several persons to accommodate me but none accepted. Later on I met a good Samaritan who accepted to help. He only accepted to keep my luggage while I looked for somewhere else to sleep.

I was happy anyways. So I decided to be sleeping in class rooms. I used to keep my paste, tooth brush, powder, small towel, sponge and soap all in my school bag. In the morning I would go to the nearby hostel to freshen up before going to my friend’s hostel to dress up.

I did this for about 2 weeks until one day the good guy asked me to remove my big bag because it was occupying a considerable portion of his small cubicle. That was how I moved out not knowing where I was taking my luggage to.

I met a senior colleague of mine, when he saw me he was surprised that I had emaciated within few weeks of school resumption. I narrated my challenges to him so he accepted to keep my luggage in his hostel. He even offered to allow me sleep in his cubicle, I was so delighted.

Unfortunately his younger brother who stayed in the same small room with him was not happy to receive me in. I didn’t blame him though as the place was too small for 3 persons to occupy. I begged them to help me keep my luggage then I was sleeping in the classroom.

Two weeks later, they released a list of students that were allocated bed space. Guess what? My name wasn’t among because I wasn’t an indigene. I was so disappointed. With my last cash I had to buy a bed space from one Man O War guy. After which I felt my loitering phase was over. But do you know what happened thereafter? When I was about moving in, I found out the bed space was actually sold to two persons. When I and Edafe confronted the guy who sold the bed space to us, he stood up against us and even beat us up.

We were so helpless. We couldn’t fight back. Who were we to fight a Man O War guy? We were nobody. Meanwhile, the second guy that bought the bed space was another tyrant. In order to avoid having issues with him I decided to sleep and live in the classrooms in Abuja campus while my luggage was kept in that hostel. It wasn't easy as I spent the whole of my first year sleeping and living in classrooms. I had to endure the cold weather and the mosquitoes bites.

Click here to read my full experience in my journey to becoming a medical doctor.
http://www.soniasblog.com/2017/08/nothing-good-comes-easily-2.html

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Passed Through Hell Fire To Become a Medical Doctor by Zimri(m): 4:20pm On Aug 26, 2017
grin

Congratulations though. But some people also passed through Ice while some saw the devil himself.

4 Likes

Re: I Passed Through Hell Fire To Become a Medical Doctor by kennyjam: 5:51pm On Aug 26, 2017
STC.... it's well

1 Like

Re: I Passed Through Hell Fire To Become a Medical Doctor by lastmessenger: 6:05pm On Aug 26, 2017
The motive of the whole story is so that I can click on the shitty blog

2 Likes

Re: I Passed Through Hell Fire To Become a Medical Doctor by Drguzzykola(m): 6:47pm On Aug 26, 2017
lalasticlala ... Fp material ..
Re: I Passed Through Hell Fire To Become a Medical Doctor by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 26, 2017
Congrats!

1 Like

Re: I Passed Through Hell Fire To Become a Medical Doctor by jaychubi: 8:41pm On Aug 26, 2017
Bloggers n lies
Re: I Passed Through Hell Fire To Become a Medical Doctor by Sokere8: 9:22pm On Aug 26, 2017
People like you would recognize lies to be truth and vice versa. If you don't have anything to say why not scroll and pass than to comment.
Re: I Passed Through Hell Fire To Become a Medical Doctor by BornnAgainChild(f): 10:10pm On Aug 26, 2017
Finally na God...Medical well oo
Re: I Passed Through Hell Fire To Become a Medical Doctor by drajjay: 10:38pm On Aug 26, 2017
Congratulations doc
Re: I Passed Through Hell Fire To Become a Medical Doctor by vicmed1(m): 10:42pm On Aug 26, 2017
Congrats doc. You really made it.
Re: I Passed Through Hell Fire To Become a Medical Doctor by Wizklynd23(m): 11:27pm On Aug 26, 2017
eyah sowie but congrats u have made it... By the way I have seen waht this post actually heading to '' just click'' I no go click put the rest of the stories here.......mtcheeew bloggers everywhere formulating beautiful stories to generate traffic in there yeye blog... I no go click
Re: I Passed Through Hell Fire To Become a Medical Doctor by psyco: 10:40pm On May 24, 2020
STFU

(1) (Reply)

Answer This Question And Be 25k Richer / 2019 : 10 Best Courses To Study In Nigeria Universities / Uniabuja Student Points Gun At His Project Supervisor (video / photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.