Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,207 members, 7,811,563 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

Oluebube Okoye, UNIZIK's Best Graduating Student In Pharmacy Is A Medical Doctor - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oluebube Okoye, UNIZIK's Best Graduating Student In Pharmacy Is A Medical Doctor (31421 Views)

Mother Of 3,ezinne Anieto Emerges UNIZIK Best Graduating Student In Pharmacy. / Oluebube Miracle Okoye Broke An Academic Record In UNIZIK College Of Pharmacy / Ahmed Bature, Nigerian Defence Academy Best Graduating Student (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oluebube Okoye, UNIZIK's Best Graduating Student In Pharmacy Is A Medical Doctor by FreeStuffsNG: 6:14am On Dec 02, 2021
STUNNING CONFESSION! I hid my identity as a Medical Doctor for three years, says Okoye, UNIZIK Best Graduating Student in Pharmacy.

Often times, I read for 17 hours daily’

31-Year old medical doctor, Oluebube Okoye stunned everyone recently when he confessed that he had to hide his identity as a medical doctor for three years while in school in order to pursue his passion of reading Pharmacy and becoming a Pharmacist.

Okoye emerged the 2020/2021 overall best graduating student from the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka with a CGPA of 4.87

He was the cynosure of all eyes amongst 118 graduands at the oath taking/induction ceremony organized by the institution in collaboration with the Pharmacists’ Council of Nigeria (PCN) which held at the JUHEL auditorium, Agulu campus of the University recently.

To Okoye, the words of Anette Sandberg, “[b]Passion equals drive, drive equals determination and enough determination equals success” [/b]quite explains his story.

Dr. Okoye, who hails from Ekwulobia town in Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra state, had graduated from the Medical school, College of Health Sciences, Okofia, Nnewi campus of Nnamdi Azikiwe University in 2014, but unlike many who would be fulfilled having attained such envious professional height, he went on to obtain a Direct Entry form to study Pharmacy.

In a chat with this reporter, he revealed that his success in life stems from his resilience and resolve to distinguish himself among his contemporaries. According to him, “The drive was as a result of a need to distinguish myself, to be unique, carve a niche for myself, go through unfamiliar terrain. I just love excellence. It took a lot of discipline, a focused mind, and sheer commitment to achieving goals I set for myself.

“I call myself a product of grace and mercy because it wasn’t easy. I had a very tight schedule while in school. Sleep was a scarce commodity as there were times I’d read for 17 hours in a day. I tell myself that I have no reason for not being the best that I could, irrespective of the fact that I was very busy combining part time job as a medical doctor with academic activities. However, I didn’t see my tight schedules as an excuse for not excelling”, he averred.

On why he decided to read Pharmacy after studying such a prestigious course as Medicine, Okoye revealed that while in medical school, he had always had a likeness for drugs. “I had interest in drugs, I loved Pharmacology while in school. I was fulfilled as a medical doctor, and I am proud to be a doctor in addition to being a Pharmacist”, he noted.

For Okoye, the journey was never rosy as he was faced with lots of disappointments from result to self-doubt. In his words, “There were lots of discouragement from seeing results that were not my expectations. At some point the journey became so tough especially as most of my course mates back in medical school travelled out and were doing astonishingly well, I was questioning my decision in pursuing another degree in Pharmacy.

“Also, I hid my identity as a Medical Doctor within the first 2-3 years of study because of the mindset I had about the cold inter-professional rivalry existing between the medics – doctors, pharmacists, med lab scientists; I was scared of being victimized. But surprisingly when my colleagues and lecturers found out, I got a lot of encouragement, acceptance, respect and honour from them”, Okoye further revealed.

In his valedictory speech, Dr. Okoye expressed appreciation to his family for being supportive especially his elder brother, Chibuike Okoye, whom according to him, is his benefactor. “I had support from family, my elder brother was always there for me, he is my benefactor.

Apart from family’s support, I was doing part time jobs while school was in session and I do full time jobs during holidays”, he said.

He further expressed gratitude to the University and her authorities for the wonderful platform and opportunity to excel and hopes to make Unizik and Nigeria proud on the International stage if presented with the opportunity through scholarship awards.

He also called on the University and well meaning Nigerians to do more in encouraging quality and excellence with more opportunities to excel as such culture will always breed hardwork, motivation and excellence in the University and beyond.

Okoye urged students to work hard and be disciplined in their academic pursuit. In his words, “I encourage students in all sphere to work hard, be disciplined, set a goal for oneself and believe in God and remain focused. I don’t see myself to be super intelligent rather I see myself as being able to mix hard work, dedication, discipline and being focused. I pursue each goal with vigour. I understand the mad rush to make money among youths today but I encourage every young person to make out time to build a solid foundation for yourself for the future. When you get yourself on the right pedestal, the money will come”, he advised.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/stunning-confession-i-hid-my-identity-as-a-medical-doctor-for-three-years-says-okoye-unizik-best-graduating-student-in-pharmacy/

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Oluebube Okoye, UNIZIK's Best Graduating Student In Pharmacy Is A Medical Doctor by Malory: 6:17am On Dec 02, 2021
What a nice story worthy of emulation. Many are here shouting sai baba from morning till night

84 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluebube Okoye, UNIZIK's Best Graduating Student In Pharmacy Is A Medical Doctor by helinues: 6:19am On Dec 02, 2021
The bright mind.

All the best Buddy

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oluebube Okoye, UNIZIK's Best Graduating Student In Pharmacy Is A Medical Doctor by Mixedfruit: 6:19am On Dec 02, 2021
Kudos bro

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluebube Okoye, UNIZIK's Best Graduating Student In Pharmacy Is A Medical Doctor by Malory: 6:23am On Dec 02, 2021
helinues:
The bright mind.

All the best Buddy
A bright mind indeed worthy of emulation instead of wasting time here everyday

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluebube Okoye, UNIZIK's Best Graduating Student In Pharmacy Is A Medical Doctor by helinues: 6:25am On Dec 02, 2021
Malory:
A bright mind indeed worthy of emulation instead of wasting time here everyday

Then you should stop wasting your time on NL.. abi

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Oluebube Okoye, UNIZIK's Best Graduating Student In Pharmacy Is A Medical Doctor by isaiah4life(m): 6:39am On Dec 02, 2021
Na who get sponsor and money dey go for second degree wey him get passion.
If money no dey, you will just ride with Nigeria tides. grin

92 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluebube Okoye, UNIZIK's Best Graduating Student In Pharmacy Is A Medical Doctor by Malory: 6:55am On Dec 02, 2021
helinues:

Then you should stop wasting your time on NL.. abi
I was advising you as a brother but instead of you to grap the message you are thinking otherwise

5 Likes

Re: Oluebube Okoye, UNIZIK's Best Graduating Student In Pharmacy Is A Medical Doctor by FreeStuffsNG: 6:56am On Dec 02, 2021
isaiah4life:
Na who get sponsor and money dey go for second degree wey him get passion.
If money no dey, you will just ride with Nigeria tides. grin
That's not true.
He really sacrificed a lot. He was working full time during the holiday and still had to read for 17 hours a day during school period.

I think it was more expensive for him because of the school he attended. Some universities and state governments support serious students like him. I know a few serious students like him at the University of Lagos (UNILAG) on UNILAG scholarship, a private organisation scholarship and the annual state bursary.

For someone as determined as he is, lack of money will not stop him.He is a go-getter not those who whine and cite excuses as reason for their failure to achieve their life goals.
Excuses are for failures. Start pursuing your dream today.

Congratulations to him on achieving his dream.

This is what that female doctor in PH who had her chain of community pharmacies shut should have done since she wants to practice as a Pharmacist but not yet a Licensed Pharmacist.

He is a focused, disciplined and hardworking youths.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oluebube Okoye, UNIZIK's Best Graduating Student In Pharmacy Is A Medical Doctor by helinues: 6:57am On Dec 02, 2021
Malory:
I was advising you as a brother but instead of to grap the message you are thinking otherwise

Perhaps you need that advice more cos you have no idea about how life has been so beautiful here.

Always grateful sha

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oluebube Okoye, UNIZIK's Best Graduating Student In Pharmacy Is A Medical Doctor by Malory: 6:59am On Dec 02, 2021
helinues:

Perhaps you need that advice more cos you have no idea about how life has been so beautiful here.

Always grateful sha
Life has been beautiful for supporting the atrocities of this despotic regime abi. Karma no de disappoint

4 Likes

Re: Oluebube Okoye, UNIZIK's Best Graduating Student In Pharmacy Is A Medical Doctor by jedisco(m): 7:01am On Dec 02, 2021
Good resolve.... Kudos

1 Like

Re: Oluebube Okoye, UNIZIK's Best Graduating Student In Pharmacy Is A Medical Doctor by helinues: 7:02am On Dec 02, 2021
Malory:
Life has been beautiful for supporting the atrocities of this despotic regime abi. Karma no de disappoint

When you are experiencing real beautiful life, minding one's business is paramount

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oluebube Okoye, UNIZIK's Best Graduating Student In Pharmacy Is A Medical Doctor by Malory: 7:06am On Dec 02, 2021
helinues:

When you are experiencing real beautiful life, minding one's business is paramount
Reverse is the case. No peace for the wicked

3 Likes

Re: Oluebube Okoye, UNIZIK's Best Graduating Student In Pharmacy Is A Medical Doctor by helinues: 7:09am On Dec 02, 2021
Malory:
Reverse is the case. No peace for the wicked

I couldn't agree less at emboldened. Wicked and hatred people can never have peace .

Most especially those who wake up in a beautiful morning with fixation mindset about others

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oluebube Okoye, UNIZIK's Best Graduating Student In Pharmacy Is A Medical Doctor by Malory: 7:11am On Dec 02, 2021
helinues:

I couldn't agree less at emboldened. Wicked and hatred people can never have peace .

Most especially those who wake up in a beautiful morning with fixation mindset about others
A good advice is what mischievous people takes as one having fixation mindset

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oluebube Okoye, UNIZIK's Best Graduating Student In Pharmacy Is A Medical Doctor by Houseofglam7(f): 7:32am On Dec 02, 2021
Oh wow
Re: Oluebube Okoye, UNIZIK's Best Graduating Student In Pharmacy Is A Medical Doctor by 9jaBloke: 8:31am On Dec 02, 2021
Great Giants

Dr. Pharm.� Omo these people no be like fresh graduates

That guy beside him came second

3 Likes

Re: Oluebube Okoye, UNIZIK's Best Graduating Student In Pharmacy Is A Medical Doctor by Fyie: 9:13am On Dec 02, 2021
Re: Oluebube Okoye, UNIZIK's Best Graduating Student In Pharmacy Is A Medical Doctor by Crusadee: 9:14am On Dec 02, 2021
grin
Re: Oluebube Okoye, UNIZIK's Best Graduating Student In Pharmacy Is A Medical Doctor by Optimistguy1969: 9:14am On Dec 02, 2021
"Overaw" best in keeping secret cheesy

1 Like

Re: Oluebube Okoye, UNIZIK's Best Graduating Student In Pharmacy Is A Medical Doctor by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 02, 2021
17 hours daily indeed.
How many hours do we have in a day again?

4 Likes

Re: Oluebube Okoye, UNIZIK's Best Graduating Student In Pharmacy Is A Medical Doctor by lonelydora: 9:16am On Dec 02, 2021
So he thinks Pharmacy is better than Medicine? Pharmacy that will see him sell drugs in Chemist shop?

Which kind passion be that na?

Edited: All those that are quoting me, wetin I do una? Why is my comment paining you people na? Are you guys Pharmacists? It is what it is na.

2 Likes

Re: Oluebube Okoye, UNIZIK's Best Graduating Student In Pharmacy Is A Medical Doctor by Sharon6(f): 9:16am On Dec 02, 2021
Brilliant!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

OAU Students Celebrate Their Costume Day In Style. Photos / UNILAG Students Observe Construction Work On The Lagos-Badagry Expressway / ASUU Strike Update: ASUU’s NEC Meeting To Hold After 7 Days Mouring Of Iyayi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.