Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,984 members, 7,952,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:12 AM

Fierce - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fierce (45114 Views)

My Little Wife Is So Fierce - Feather's Stories / The Fierce War Of Seeking Acceptance And Affection / Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fierce by paulaspearz(f): 7:01am On Sep 20, 2017
Chapter 10

Ehi was in a drunken haze for the next eight weeks. She went through her days like a robot. She hardly ever ate, didn't care about her looks or appearance. Life seem to stop meaning anything to her.

She kept hoping it was just a bad dream, one she would wake up from and find out that her life was still intact but it was not to be. She waited for Cicero to call her and tell her how big a mistake he had made by ending their relationship but he never called. When she got tired of waiting for him to call, she took matters into her own hands.

She tried his line but it was not connecting. It seemed he had changed his number. She called the agency that represented him and also his trainer trying to get his new number but to no avail. The people probably thought she was an obsessed fan or even worse a groupie,the only good thing was that she had been smart enough to give them a false name that couldn't be linked back to her.

With each day passing she kept hoping he would miraculously reach out to her and when that didn't happen, she started to really come in terms with the breakup.

At first,she started to cry and react to little things and then came perpetual sadness and then her perspective on the world started to change. She wanted desperately to reach out to someone but at the same time she couldn't.

She started going through periods where all she wanted to do was sleep, sleep and more sleep. She shut everyone out and spent her days in solitude. When Mani and Christian had tried to find out what was wrong she pretended like she was okay and when they persisted she ignored them until they gave up and let her be.

When she had been told by Simeon that she was to have her first fashion spread, she didn't feel anything. She was numb and couldn't even get herself to pretend like she was happy about it. She would rather be left alone but she knew she couldn't voice it out because this spread equals more publicity and more publicity equals more money and Simeon would not let anything come between him and his dear coins.

On the day of the shoot, she wished she was anywhere but there. They have been shooting since dawn and she was tired to her bones. When they had earlier had a lunch break,she had rejected everything since she had been feeling nauseous and smell of food irritated her.

She managed in her condition to continue the shoot but towards the end she started feeling dizzy. She used every strength she had within her to complete the shoot.

Once it was over. She tried to step away but was blocked by the art director. His name was Stanley, an Irish man that had pale skin with red hair. He was a short and plump man with protruding stomach. He had been making advances towards her for a while now but she had ignored him. She didn't feel like being in a relationship with anyone at the moment and Stanley wasn't really her type. He was notorious for making a pass on every female he works with. His favorite line was telling them how he could make them famous. A lot of women had fallen for the line and their career still hadn't taken off.

She was in no mood for his games today so she ignored him and tried to follow another path. He grabbed her hand and pulled her towards him.

"Where do you think you are going miss?" He said in his annoying voice.

"A place called none of your business. Now excuse me." She said and yanked her hand from his grasp. She gave him a stare down and continued "The next time you touch me again,best believe it would be the last time you make use of your hands... You feel me?" She gave a long hissed and walked past him,she hadn't gone three steps when she blanked out.

She woke up in the hospital to mind blowing news that she was nine weeks pregnant. She had collapsed due to hunger and lack of care for herself. The doctor had kept her for two extra days before discharging her.

In the two days,she had thought hard and well to see if she wanted to keep the pregnancy. She had never wanted kids due to how she was raised and also because she was terrified that if she gives birth,she might turn into her mother. She thought about raising the child. She didn't have enough resources to look after herself and she doubted that she would be able to take care of the child well.

She knew within her that she would be doing the child a huge favour by not bringing him or her into this wicked world but there was this little voice telling her to keep it. After all the child will be her only link to Cicero. While she might not have him in her life,she will always have the child and whatever love she had for him,she would transfer to their child.

At the moment,she made the decision to keep the pregnancy and go out of her way to be the best mom in the world. She wouldn't let her mother's mistake control her life. She was not sure about a lot of things but one thing she knew for certain was that she was nothing like her mother and she intended to make this work. She had no idea how her non existent career would survive this but she was willing to brave out the storm.

All hell broke loose when she went home. Simeon was having none of it and insisted that she had an abortion but for once,she was able to stand her ground and rebuff him.

The next morning she went out to shoot an ad and when she returned later in the evening. She found her things outside and the door was locked. She tried her key but the door wouldn't open. She searched for a note for any explanation but she found none.

She sat on the floor next to her bags,waiting for Simeon to return. After waiting for four hours and there was no sign of him. She picked her bags up and went downstairs to find a cab that will use to Mani's place.

1 Like

Re: Fierce by queenitee(f): 10:41am On Sep 20, 2017
Eeyah, sorry Ehi love
Re: Fierce by biddieluvzyaho(f): 5:32pm On Sep 20, 2017
Oyine,ni feel for Ehi#nice work dearie#more ink to ya pen#
Re: Fierce by paulaspearz(f): 11:41pm On Sep 20, 2017
queenitee:
Eeyah, sorry Ehi love

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Fierce by paulaspearz(f): 11:42pm On Sep 20, 2017
biddieluvzyaho:
Oyine,ni feel for Ehi#nice work dearie#more ink to ya pen#

Thank you
Re: Fierce by Smooth278(m): 11:43pm On Sep 20, 2017
Nice story..... Much appreciated, the characters are lifelike and likeable... Some of em downright horrid and repugnant... Neway enough superlatives, well-done and thanks for sharing.

Thanks to jag for sharing
Re: Fierce by paulaspearz(f): 8:10am On Sep 21, 2017
Smooth278:
Nice story..... Much appreciated, the characters are lifelike and likeable... Some of em downright horrid and repugnant... Neway enough superlatives, well-done and thanks for sharing.

Thanks to jag for sharing

Thank you
Re: Fierce by Ehi07(f): 6:05pm On Sep 21, 2017
Nice story.
Re: Fierce by monalicious(f): 8:32pm On Sep 21, 2017
paulaspearz:

Thank you
Nice story, but u wld gradually lose ur readers if u keep delaying your updates. D story is quite interesting, but I'm losing interest already. D way u reply people's comments tells me u r online often, one episode per day wouldn't be bad at all. I've been following for days now, and all I see is "thank you", etc. My opinion
Re: Fierce by eitsei(m): 8:40pm On Sep 21, 2017
monalicious:

Nice story, but u wld gradually lose ur readers if u keep delaying your updates. D story is quite interesting, but I'm losing interest already. D way u reply people's comments tells me u r online often, one episode per day wouldn't be bad at all. I've been following for days now, and all I see is "thank you", etc. My opinion
I seem to be even forgetting what the story is about again sef, sometimes I had to go and read the previous episodes before I could continue. I have so many stories I follow on nairaland if not because of the interesting story line I hardly read pass the first page of some stories before I lose interest

1 Like

Re: Fierce by paulaspearz(f): 8:42am On Sep 22, 2017
monalicious:

Its easier said than done. You could try writing an episode of anything of your choice and see how it is. If you check the time of most of my replies its either late at night or earlier hours of the morning and that's because that's the time I'm free. Thany you for reading and being patient with the updates.
Re: Fierce by paulaspearz(f): 8:42am On Sep 22, 2017
Ehi07:
Nice story.

Thank you
Re: Fierce by paulaspearz(f): 8:50am On Sep 22, 2017
Chapter 11

Mani lived in a duplex penthouse on fifth avenue at sixty- third which she shared with Christian Caldwell. Ehi wasn't really sure how they met but she knew from stories she had heard from Mani that Christian had a very rich father.

Apparently his mum was dating his father who was married and had thought if she became pregnant he would leave his wife for her but it didn't happened. This in turn made her very angry and she told his wife about the affair and also made sure he paid dearly by demanding for huge child support and other unreasonable financial requests.

Since Mr Caldwell was trying to save his marriage he accepted her terms in order to put everything behind him fast but she wasn't done. She leaked pictures of them to the press. It had caused a media storm since Mr Caldwell and his wife were very respectable people in the society and since his wife never had a child for him it made the matter worse. What his mum wasn't expecting was the backlash she got since she was a black woman trying to come in between a well connected white couple. The media ate her up and brought out things from her past that made her look like an unfit mother. The court didn't sway to the media's tirade and granted her sole custody of Christian but it wasn't for long. A picture was sent to media outlets that showed her snorting cocaine in the presence of her infant son.

Child services stepped in and Mr Caldwell used his connections to gain custody. Things went downhill from there and in three weeks his mum was dead from an apparent suicide. Again the media had a field day,some blamed Mr Caldwell while others blamed it on racism.

Mr Caldwell who felt guilty about how things ended had gone out of his way to become the best father anyone could ask for. Even Mrs Caldwell had taken Christian as a son and was very protective about him. Even though Christian favoured his black side more no one ever made any remark on his skin colour in public. The Caldwells made sure he was never racially profiled and always had him by their side whenever they were attending functions.

Once he had turned eighteen, he moved out of his parents house to the one he is currently residing in. His father owned the building so he wasn't any rent. Christian was now a professional photographer and she guess that's how he met Mani. Tho he had initially wanted a romantic relationship with her,they both came to the conclusion that were better off as friends and somehow they ended up living together and now here she was trying to add herself to the equation.

Ehi took a deep breath and stepped out of the cab. The driver helped her with her luggage and she paid him before bidding him farewell and picking her bags she entered the building. She exchanged pleasantries with the doorman before stepping into the elevator.

She knocked on the door and Christian opened up dressed in his pyjamas looking sleepy but one look at her cleared his eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he retrieved her bags and ushered her in. "Mani, come out its Ehi." He shouted.

"I guess, I mean I am not injured or something." She replied as she sat on the edge of the couch. "I'm just homeless." She continued.

Christian walked over and sat on the edge of the couch opposite her "What do you mean homeless. That Simeon dude threw you out or what?" He asked with concern.

"I wish." She scoffed. "Do you know he changed the lock on the door and left me stranded. He kept my things outside where anyone could just carry them."

"I always told you he was an arse but you wouldn't listen now see. Between tell me that fella paid you everything he owes you before throwing you out?" Mani chipped in, she walked down the stairs to stand beside Ehi.

"Nope,he did not. Even the small savings I had in my bag he took them. The only money I have in this world is the one I gave you to keep for me. I'm so lost I don't know what to do or where to begin." She said as tears started to roll down her eyes.

Mani wrapped her arms on her shoulder and pulled her towards her chest "shhh, don't cry. We will figure this out one way or the other."

Ehi pulled back and looked her in her eyes "I don't think we can figure this one out. I'm pregnant and that's what the whole fight is all about. He wants me to have an abortion and I don't want to."

"Where is the child's father?" Christian asked.

"He dumped me tho he is not aware of the baby and I have tried reaching out to him but to no avail. I don't know what to do. I'm so terrified right now. What if I turn out to be just like my mother? What if I am a bad parent? Maybe I should just carry out the abortion and save everyone the stress and spare an innocent kid from coming into this weekend world and having a foolish mother." She said as she burst into tears while Mani rubbed her back.

"Let's just take one step at a time. Christian and I are here for you. There are two free rooms so you can take one and use the other for a nursery when the baby comes. You are not alone,we got you."

"Yes dear,we got you and I can't wait to meet my new niece or nephew. I will be the best uncle ever."

"Boy shut up. I'm gonna be aunt Mani to the baby and I will be the best no one would even remember your boogie ass. You feel me?"

"Its game on. We will see who the baddest is." He countered.

"Yo,yo, calm down both of you. Its my baby we are talking about. I don't care which of you is the best aunt or uncle I just want my child to grow in a healthy environment and be happy that's all that matters to me."

"Okay we hear you mama to be. Errm, by the way I hope I am going to be the godmother because lord knows I worked hard for that position."

"Oh my goodness, I am done with you Mani. Worked hard for that position how? But if it will help you sleep fine then know the position is yours. I mean there is no way my baby's aunt Mani won't be his or her godmother. You feel me?" She said as her body began to shake with mirth.

"Hope you heard that Uncle Christian." She said in a mocking voice. "Come let me help you get settled. You will sleep in my room tonight then tomorrow we will clean yours." Mani carried some of her things and led the way.

In the second week of April she gave birth to a set of twins. The boy she named Malik and the girl was Theodora. Mani and Christian made it their duty to spoil them silly with gifts and love. They looked just like their father did when he was young. She knew this because she had seen baby pictures of him. She prayed they will grow up to look like her because if they don't then everyone would know who their father is.

She had never told Mani or Christian who her children's father was not because she didn't trust them with the truth but because she knew they will be on the first plan to LA to tell him a piece of their mind and drag him back to New York if she told them. They have asked for his identity but she has kept mute and once they discovered she wasn't going to give them the answer they wanted they let her be.

She spent her days looking after her kids. They seem to be the only reason she lived for. Every minute was with them. She hadn't even bother to work out to shed her post baby weight but somehow it seem to disappear. Mani always teased her tho she admitted she will like her body to snap back like that too after childbirth.

She knew she had to find work fast because she couldn't let Christian and Mani continue to take care of her. She had not work in months and she didn't have an agent anymore and she wondered if she could get a new management. She started working out and eating right so that whenever she gets someone to represent her she will just get back to work.

She celebrated her twentieth birthday with Christian and Mani at a small restaurant. On thier way out she bumped into someone,as she tried to apologized, she realized the person was Sarah who used to be a manicurist for Ms Catherine.

"If it isn't the one and only supermodel I know." She teased.

"I am so sorry, I really didn't see you."

"Its not biggie. You look good by the way."

"Oh my,thank you. You look good yourself."

"Thank you. Forget my manners. This handsome man over here is my fiancé." She said pointing to the man beside who waved at them. "So what's up with you. No one heard a thing from you. Once Ms Catherine died you just seem to disappear. How are things between you and Ci—."

Ehi hurriedly stepped in "I needed to move urgently and right now I am also in a hurry. How bout we chit chat some other time." She walked away without a second glance at Sarah who had a confused look on her face. Mani and Christian both offered apologizes on her behalf and hurriedly left. One look at their face told her they wanted answers for her puzzling behavior but she had intention of telling them anything.

3 Likes

Re: Fierce by queenitee(f): 10:48am On Sep 22, 2017
I love Mani and Christian already
Re: Fierce by heryoub22(m): 12:11pm On Sep 22, 2017
I ran from Behind stories where I couldn't get d remaining chapters. Kudos to this piece of writing. More grease to ur elbow
Re: Fierce by paulaspearz(f): 10:05pm On Sep 22, 2017
queenitee:
I love Mani and Christian already

Me too
Re: Fierce by paulaspearz(f): 10:06pm On Sep 22, 2017
heryoub22:
I ran from Behind stories where I couldn't get d remaining chapters. Kudos to thus piece of writing. More grease to ur elbow

Thank you
Re: Fierce by marvwhite: 12:41am On Sep 23, 2017
(#smiles) following this to the end.
In Ehi's voice "yo feel me?"
Re: Fierce by paulaspearz(f): 10:53am On Sep 23, 2017
marvwhite:
(#smiles) following this to the end.

In Ehi's voice "yo feel me?"

Lawd have mercy I'm done with y'all grin grin grin grin
Re: Fierce by monalicious(f): 11:50am On Sep 23, 2017
paulaspearz:

Its easier said than done. You could try writing an episode of anything of your choice and see how it is. If you check the time of most of my replies its either late at night or earlier hours of the morning and that's because that's the time I'm free. Thany you for reading and being patient with the updates.
It's not a matter of me writing an episode of anything, im not a writer, I wasn't blessed with such gift. You have an audience, don't leave dem hanging, consistency is important.
Re: Fierce by paulaspearz(f): 6:03pm On Sep 24, 2017
Chapter 12

Ehi and Mani stood in a corner discussing with each other. They were guests at the Caldwell's fundraising event. There were a lot of famous people at the party and also strong political figures.
Christian came over to their side with a popular socialite called Trish. There was a time when her face was on every tabloid. She was famous for being famous. She came from a wealthy background and had friends who were celebrities and also only dated rich or famous guys. She had a breakdown some years back from alcohol and too much partying. That seem to be a turning point for her because she went back to school and now has a degree in business management. There have not been any scandal attached to her in a long time now.

"Ehi and Mani,meet my friend Trish and Trish this are the annoying roommates I was telling you about." They waved at her and glared at him "Don't give me that look,you know I am telling the truth." He continued.

"Oh please, you act like you can live without us. Don't believe anything he says. We are everything but annoying." Mani chipped in.

"Oh you don't need to tell me that. I have known Christian long enough to know that you ladies need an award for being able to cope with his annoying self." Trish replied.

"Hell no,I take offence in that. I am the most calm man in this room and also the best friend any of you have." Christian argued.

"Boy please,if you don't wakeup from your daydream I may have to slap you." Ehi said playfully and everyone burst into laughter.

"Okay I give up." He said with his hands in the air in surrender. "Well that aside, the reason I came with this beautiful woman by my side is because Trish here owns an agency. It's a new venture and since both of you are not being represented by anyone at the moment I thought it was wise to introduce you all to each other. And now that my work is done I will leave you all to discuss. Au revoir." He left them to greet other patrons at the event.

"I actually just started the agency. I don't have anyone signed just yet but that's not withstanding I have done my homework and I have contacts that I have already informed about my plans." Trish said in a patronizing voice.

"I guess we will exchange contacts and we will talk about it some other time." Mani replied.

"Sure, that's fine with me. So... here is business card,my private number is written behind. You can call me anytime." She said and handed then a card she just retrieved from her purse.

"Alright we will call you." Mani said and Ehi nodded in agreement.

"Okay,I guess I will see you some other time." She replied and left.

"This is huge Mani. We really don't have a choice,we have to sign with her."

"I know. I am just cautious that's all plus I doubt Christian would introduce her to us if he wasn't certain she she would work her ass off to make our career take off. But we have to consider her past. A lot of people don't take her seriously. And many people are just counting the time until she relapse into her drug habit. I don't know if I want to put my career in a walking time bomb ready to explode at any minute."

"Look who is talking. You always tell me about second chances and how everybody deserve one."

"I know but we have to put different things into consideration. How about we just talk about this later when we have really thought over it."

"Yeah that's good. Where are those waiters when you need them. I need me a drink."

"Hahahaha,girl that makes the two of us."

In April they flew to California for a charity fashion show. Trish had told them earlier that it was going to be televised live.

Ehi was so nervous she oblivious to everything that was happening around her. She had been waiting for a moment like this for a long time but that didn't help calm her nerves. She was so scared of doing something wrong and missing out on other things.

She had not worked for almost two years now. Even tho she rehearsed with Mani,she was scared something would go wrong. The fact that the show will be televised live seem to add more pressure on her.

She took deep breaths trying to calm her nerves. She saw the other models moving towards the director and she dragged herself to join them. They were being given last minute instructions but she had no idea what the lady was saying because she couldn't make out her words.

"I got this,I got this,I got this." She kept mumbling to herself.

Everything was moving fast around her. Next thing she knew it was her turn to walk the runway. She took a deep breath and took a step forward.

First thing she noticed was the crowd. It was way more than she had ever seen. Photographers were clicking away. Cameras were recording. There was this awful music being played in the background.

She was trying to block everything out and focus on her steps. She kept remembering every walking lesson she had ever received. She became conscious of her surrounding again and discover she was already half way down the runway.

She felt a surge of excitement. If she could make it this far then she can definitely finish. One step in front of the other she kept telling herself.

She was almost there she kept reminding herself. This is the life I have always wanted,the reason I left home,the reason I am homeless and the reason I was left by the love of my life. She had no idea were does thoughts were coming from but as soon as she thought of Cicero it became catastrophic for her. She missed a step and she tried to correct it but somehow instead of walking she found herself tumbling across the platform. Somehow she was able to pick herself up and somehow she finished her walk.

Cicero was scrolling through the channels finding something interesting to watch when he stumbled on a fashion show. He wanted to change the channel since starring at the models brought back memories of Ehi. There were days when he wanted to reach out and call out but he chose not. She had chosen to stay in New York what were the chances she would change her mind now. He missed her and wished they had worked things out differently.

As if she was conjured by his thoughts he saw that face he would never forget walking down the runway. He felt so proud of her that he was cheering loudly in his living room. This was what she always wanted and he was happy she had finally made it to the big stage.

One minute she was walking and the next she was stumbling. He got up from his seat and walked closer to the television trying to see if she was okay. And then she stood up and completed her walk like a pro.

He knew how she was feeling at that very moment and wished more than anything he could be there with her to comfort her right now.

Mindlessly he reached out to his cell and dialled her number. It was number he couldn't forget,he had memorized it back when they were dating. The number was no longer functioning he discovered. He felt bad for not being able to console her at that moment.

"Ehi you need to eat something. Crying is not going to change anything." Mani said beside her.

"Please leave me alone."

"You have been crying since last night and what has that done for you? Nothing except making your eyes swollen from too much crying. You are not the first model nor will you be the last. You have to continue living your life my dear friend. There will be other opportunities to redeem yourself." There was a knock at the door and she went to check who it was. It was Christian. "Where is Trish?"

"I don't know. Last time I spoke to her she was with the organizers of the event but that was last night. I have no idea where she currently is." Looking across at Ehi he asked "How is she doing?"

"Bad,she wouldn't stop crying I don't know what to do to cheer her up."

He walked into the room and pulled Ehi up "I know this is the last thing you want to her write now but I got us tickets to coachella and you crying on the bed is not part of it. So go to the bathroom this minute and have yourself cleaned or God as my witness I will carry you on my shoulders to that festival and you will make the news again although this time it will be from looking a mess."

"I'm not in the mood to be around people."

"Do I look like I care. Now off you go to the bathroom." He pushed her in that direction and she sluggishly walked into the bathroom. Soon they heard the shower running. "Thank God" he spoke in a mumble.

"Do you think it will help cheer her up?" He heard Mani asked.

"I don't know but I think its better than leave her here. I will be back in half an hour. You both better be ready or else —"

"Boy get out of here." She cut his sentence short and kicked him in the butt "See your arse in an hour time and nothing less." She closed the door behind him as he stepped out.

2 Likes

Re: Fierce by paulaspearz(f): 6:04pm On Sep 24, 2017
monalicious:

It's not a matter of me writing an episode of anything, im not a writer, I wasn't blessed with such gift. You have an audience, don't leave dem hanging, consistency is important.

Okk now I get you now

1 Like

Re: Fierce by heryoub22(m): 8:48pm On Sep 24, 2017
Keep the ball rolling. Nice work here
Re: Fierce by jasmine2013(f): 9:02pm On Sep 24, 2017
Keep it coming... great job!
Re: Fierce by Ritajovy(f): 9:04pm On Sep 24, 2017
well done following!!!
Re: Fierce by heemah(f): 10:06pm On Sep 24, 2017
Friends like Mani and Christian....
Re: Fierce by queenitee(f): 11:48am On Sep 25, 2017
Poor Ehi
Re: Fierce by paulaspearz(f): 1:53pm On Sep 25, 2017
heryoub22:
Keep the ball rolling. Nice work here

Thank you
Re: Fierce by paulaspearz(f): 1:53pm On Sep 25, 2017
jasmine2013:
Keep it coming... great job!

Thank you
Re: Fierce by paulaspearz(f): 1:54pm On Sep 25, 2017
Ritajovy:
well done
following!!!

Yeah thank u
Re: Fierce by paulaspearz(f): 1:55pm On Sep 25, 2017
heemah:
Friends like Mani and Christian....

shocked shocked shocked cool
Re: Fierce by paulaspearz(f): 1:56pm On Sep 25, 2017
queenitee:
Poor Ehi

Yeahhhhhh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Binyavanga Wainaina Is Dead! HIV Positive Gay Rights Activist And Author Dies / 17 Awosika-a Crime/action Thriller / Continue The (Lola) Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.