Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,127 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Why I’m Against Restructuring Of Nigeria – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I’m Against Restructuring Of Nigeria – Obasanjo (1237 Views)

IPOB Protests Against Restructuring In Port-Harcourt (VIDEO) / Yoruba Youths Kick Against Restructuring. / Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I’m Against Restructuring Of Nigeria – Obasanjo by Seedorffit: 8:50pm On Aug 26, 2017
Why I’m Against Restructuring of Nigeria – Obasanjo
2 Google +0 0 2

Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo has distanced himself from the clamour for the restructuring of Nigeria by some section of Nigerians.
Obasanjo, who faulted the call said what Nigeria needs now is not restructuring of the country but that of individual mentality.
He made his stance known on the sidelines of the African Leadership Forum in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The former President said Nigerians should restructure their minds before calling for restructuring of the country.
Obasanjo said Nigerians’ focus should be on how to include everyone in a nation that is already well endowed.
He said, “We have to restructure our mentality, we have to restructure our minds we have to restructure our understanding of Nigeria, what country do we want and if we decide on what country we want, how do we get that country, all hands on deck.
“How do we get inclusive, how do we get every Nigerian feeling a sense of having a stake in the country.”

Continue reading here

http://www.freshvibesblog.com/2017/08/why-im-against-restructuring-of-nigeria.html?m=1
Re: Why I’m Against Restructuring Of Nigeria – Obasanjo by ritababe(f): 9:22pm On Aug 26, 2017
Na him Sabi, he join destroy Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why I’m Against Restructuring Of Nigeria – Obasanjo by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 9:24pm On Aug 26, 2017
Use less cow of a coward
Re: Why I’m Against Restructuring Of Nigeria – Obasanjo by mars123(m): 9:40pm On Aug 26, 2017
That's why we took our voter cards and voted Muhammadu Buhari March '15 to lead us into a new era. But what we have today is same old same old. We the masses now are powerless in changing the destiny of Nigeria. We can't even fight for our salaries. It is the job of you the leaders to lead the mentality change. No more looting, abuse of power, lawlessness, bribery, corruption, nepotism, etc. If the leaders demand and work tirelessly for a better Nigeria, who am I to fight against it
Re: Why I’m Against Restructuring Of Nigeria – Obasanjo by Seguntimmy(m): 5:32am On Aug 27, 2017
Why won't you be against it? After all been said and done?

Re: Why I’m Against Restructuring Of Nigeria – Obasanjo by Terkimbi01: 5:58am On Aug 27, 2017
Obasanjo is such a disgrace.

1 Like

Re: Why I’m Against Restructuring Of Nigeria – Obasanjo by Izonpikin: 6:03am On Aug 27, 2017
has obasanjo restructured his own wicked mind..worthless and shameless leaders we have...
Re: Why I’m Against Restructuring Of Nigeria – Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 27, 2017
His brain looks like his face that's why he spews rubbish.
Re: Why I’m Against Restructuring Of Nigeria – Obasanjo by Guestlander: 6:45pm On Aug 27, 2017
When the British left they didn't leave and tell us to restructure our mentality. They carefully negotiated our country into a federation which was later bastardized by the military.
It makes no sense to fix what is clearly wrong with Nigeria by simply restructuring our mentality.
Re: Why I’m Against Restructuring Of Nigeria – Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 27, 2017
One of the problems of Nigeria speaking.

Why wont he be against restructuring when the current status quo favors him?

Obasanjo had the chance to 'restart' Nigeria in 1999 and become the Nelson Mandela of Nigeria,but he squandered it with greed,selfishness and political vendetta .

THE SUN MUST SET FORTH AT DAWN

1 Like

Re: Why I’m Against Restructuring Of Nigeria – Obasanjo by Rossikki: 7:16pm On Aug 27, 2017
Guestlander:
When the British left they didn't leave and tell us to restructure our mentality. They carefully negotiated our country into a federation which was later bastardized by the military.
It makes no sense to fix what is clearly wrong with Nigeria by simply restructuring our mentality.

The British RIGGED the independence elections that saw Tafawa Balewa installed as president. Awo and Zik were the real authentic candidates. The British also RIGGED the national census that gave the north higher population. The British began the entire northern hegemony business. The north were not qualified to rule, but rule they did. And they entrenched and consolidated their position up till today. The military 'bastardization' was in response to the original British perfidy, so blame the British for it. Of course I know you won't because oyibos are your gods and masters who can do no wrong.
Re: Why I’m Against Restructuring Of Nigeria – Obasanjo by Oladimejyy(m): 7:20pm On Aug 27, 2017
Re: Why I’m Against Restructuring Of Nigeria – Obasanjo by kettykin: 7:21pm On Aug 27, 2017
Obasanjo Africa's anti Christ and Nigeria's biggest problem speaking his mind. $16b wasted on power project , how will he want restructuring. Billions wasted in subsidy money, NITEL killed and sold for pennies , billions wasted during his tenure on needless sale of oil company assets , refineries, bungled ajaokuta project etc.

Please how do you expect Satan to agree to restructure a kingdom he wrecked
Re: Why I’m Against Restructuring Of Nigeria – Obasanjo by Guestlander: 8:36pm On Aug 27, 2017
Rossikki:

The British RIGGED the independence elections that saw Tafawa Balewa installed as president. Awo and Zik were the real authentic candidates. The British also RIGGED the national census that gave the north higher population. The British began the entire northern hegemony business. The north were not qualified to rule, but rule they did. And they entrenched and consolidated their position up till today. The military 'bastardization' was in response to the original British perfidy, so blame the British for it. Of course I know you won't because oyibos are your gods and masters who can do no wrong.

Oyinbos are my gods? I don't see the relevance of this statement as per what is being discussed. If the independence elections were rigged, how come Tafawa Balewa's party did not win an outright majority? How come the two southern candidates could not form a coalition even though a coalition between them could have given them the government?
Did my British gods also compelled Azikiwe to accept a ceremonial title even when he could have been the head of the government with real powers?
The current constitution of Nigeria is only a federal constitution by name only, federalism ended in 1966 with Ironsi's decree 34.
Even if my "British gods" as you said handed us a lemon, we certainly did not turn it to lemonade but something rather poisonous.
Re: Why I’m Against Restructuring Of Nigeria – Obasanjo by STARGREEN(m): 8:39pm On Aug 27, 2017
His view based on his personal interest first. Take it and let the cat race remain!

(1) (Reply)

Mazi Nnamdu Kanu Didn't Hide - Igbos / IPOB Protest Against AbaGenocide At UN Today - Sahara Reporter (pics, video) / 2019: Federal Government Gives Atiku’s Intels Three Months To Quit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.