Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,273 members, 7,818,930 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Olamide: "I Dropped Out Of TASUED When My Parents Could Not Pay My School Fees" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Olamide: "I Dropped Out Of TASUED When My Parents Could Not Pay My School Fees" (31636 Views)

Taiwo Ajai-Lycett: I Was Robbed & Raped At 65, Dropped Out At 16, Widowed At 52 / Why I Dropped Out Of School For Project Fame - Chidinma Ekile / Olamide: "I Made My Lagos Nawa Album In 48 Hours" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olamide: "I Dropped Out Of TASUED When My Parents Could Not Pay My School Fees" by YomzzyDBlogger: 10:27am On Aug 27, 2017
[img]https://1.bp..com/-VhNyAtNwp8E/WaKQDCROmVI/AAAAAAAADWw/uylVYZWicscXYfKzetaPaA-_xCQ0VtJPQCLcBGAs/s320/21107530_111652336217848_8576740954977861632_n.jpg[/img]

Popular hip-hop act and YBNL boss, Olamide Adedeji, also known as Badoo has said that he dropped out of school but he was able to make it in life by discovering his talent and through dint of hard work.

He also identified discipline, commitment and being focused as catalysts for achievements in life.

Olamide said these on Friday when he went as a special guest of honour at the Summer camp organised by the Ogun State government at Akin Ogunpoola Model College, Akinale in Ewekoro Local Government Area of the state.

The musician said he was determined to succeed in life against all odds, given the stark reality that his parents were poor, and were not able to pay his school fees at the higher institution.

He said, “I am from Ogun State here, I do not joke with my culture and language, in fact, I came from a poor background. I had to drop out of Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijagun, Ijebu Ode, when it was getting difficult for my parents to pay my school fees.

“However with doggedness, perseverance and hard work I was able to find myself where I am today.”

He urged the pupils at the camp to always dare to be different and avoid unnecessary peer pressure.

Earlier in his brief introduction of the guest to the campers, the state Governor Senator Ibikunle Amosun advised the young boys and girls to be diligent, hardworking and be consistent in whatever they do.

Governor Amosun who was represented by the State Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Otunba Dayo Adeneye advised them to strive for the best in their academic pursuit.

While he told the youngsters to extend the knowledge gained at the camp to their kith and kins, the governor promised that his administration remained committed to the development of education.

He said the sector would remain paramount in the scheme of things in the state.

Source: http://www.yomzzyblog.com/2017/08/i-dropped-out-at-tasued-when-my-parents.html?m=1

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olamide: "I Dropped Out Of TASUED When My Parents Could Not Pay My School Fees" by thesicilian: 10:36am On Aug 27, 2017
You can go back now if you're really interested in formal education.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olamide: "I Dropped Out Of TASUED When My Parents Could Not Pay My School Fees" by Zeze06(m): 10:45am On Aug 27, 2017
; smiley
God bless your hustle...

Its sweeter to narrate the "grass" when you have reached the "grace", than to narrate from " grass", how it was in the "grace"....

89 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Olamide: "I Dropped Out Of TASUED When My Parents Could Not Pay My School Fees" by swiz123(m): 11:02am On Aug 27, 2017
You are an icon to many Mr... I respect you

2 Likes

Re: Olamide: "I Dropped Out Of TASUED When My Parents Could Not Pay My School Fees" by olawaletimi(m): 11:24am On Aug 27, 2017
This is Motivational, your present situation should not limit your success.

9 Likes

Re: Olamide: "I Dropped Out Of TASUED When My Parents Could Not Pay My School Fees" by YomzzyDBlogger: 2:48pm On Aug 27, 2017
Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Olamide: "I Dropped Out Of TASUED When My Parents Could Not Pay My School Fees" by somrecords(m): 5:48pm On Aug 27, 2017
grin grin grin

Naija my country....
Some times i wonder if people think anymore

An educational gathering, we no see person wey make am from education to come inspire up coming ones..

Na person we drop out when things been hard... And no gree go back when e better....

Only amadioha know the true impact him speech get on our innocent pikin them....

Anyway make i go back inside bar lite my next cigarette, grove to "wo - olamide"

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Olamide: "I Dropped Out Of TASUED When My Parents Could Not Pay My School Fees" by 9jvirgin(m): 5:48pm On Aug 27, 2017
It's never too late.

1 Like

Re: Olamide: "I Dropped Out Of TASUED When My Parents Could Not Pay My School Fees" by boldking(m): 5:49pm On Aug 27, 2017
ask him what year?

1 Like

Re: Olamide: "I Dropped Out Of TASUED When My Parents Could Not Pay My School Fees" by enemyofprogress: 5:49pm On Aug 27, 2017
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

3 Likes

Re: Olamide: "I Dropped Out Of TASUED When My Parents Could Not Pay My School Fees" by Addy003(m): 5:50pm On Aug 27, 2017
Wo, go and sit somewhere

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olamide: "I Dropped Out Of TASUED When My Parents Could Not Pay My School Fees" by sirusX(m): 5:50pm On Aug 27, 2017
Hope they won't desire to drop out of school too after they receive that kain motivational speech cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Olamide: "I Dropped Out Of TASUED When My Parents Could Not Pay My School Fees" by youngerikina40(m): 5:51pm On Aug 27, 2017
For u to be an iconic

First of all go down low

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olamide: "I Dropped Out Of TASUED When My Parents Could Not Pay My School Fees" by OgaBOSS419: 5:51pm On Aug 27, 2017
So Make We Fry Beans Abi... Tory Tory Torrrrrrryyyyyyyy

1 Like

Re: Olamide: "I Dropped Out Of TASUED When My Parents Could Not Pay My School Fees" by DrholuwaTOBI(m): 5:52pm On Aug 27, 2017
OK... So should I drop too?

2 Likes

Re: Olamide: "I Dropped Out Of TASUED When My Parents Could Not Pay My School Fees" by Jeezuzpick(m): 5:53pm On Aug 27, 2017
"Story for the gods!"

2 Likes

Re: Olamide: "I Dropped Out Of TASUED When My Parents Could Not Pay My School Fees" by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 27, 2017
Yoruba tout!!!
dullard who can't speak simple and correct English
pon pon music
senseless gigolo

Sense fall on u!!!

1 Like

Re: Olamide: "I Dropped Out Of TASUED When My Parents Could Not Pay My School Fees" by tellwisdom: 5:54pm On Aug 27, 2017
Which record label is Tasued? sad

8 Likes

Re: Olamide: "I Dropped Out Of TASUED When My Parents Could Not Pay My School Fees" by Celino(f): 5:54pm On Aug 27, 2017
Front Page...... cheesy
Re: Olamide: "I Dropped Out Of TASUED When My Parents Could Not Pay My School Fees" by SalamRushdie: 5:55pm On Aug 27, 2017
good thing he can go back now just fro formality and to shut up those shallow Nigerians that think a man without a degree is sub human

3 Likes

Re: Olamide: "I Dropped Out Of TASUED When My Parents Could Not Pay My School Fees" by MrGreenMavro: 5:56pm On Aug 27, 2017
grin

so can you please go back to TASUED to complete your schooling? and sure your lecturers miss you

4 Likes

Re: Olamide: "I Dropped Out Of TASUED When My Parents Could Not Pay My School Fees" by oshe11: 5:56pm On Aug 27, 2017
wo... vemuda!
Re: Olamide: "I Dropped Out Of TASUED When My Parents Could Not Pay My School Fees" by Olasco93: 5:56pm On Aug 27, 2017
Everyone has a story to tell.
Re: Olamide: "I Dropped Out Of TASUED When My Parents Could Not Pay My School Fees" by Divay22(f): 5:56pm On Aug 27, 2017
WO master
Re: Olamide: "I Dropped Out Of TASUED When My Parents Could Not Pay My School Fees" by yomalex(m): 5:57pm On Aug 27, 2017
okay
Re: Olamide: "I Dropped Out Of TASUED When My Parents Could Not Pay My School Fees" by Divay22(f): 5:57pm On Aug 27, 2017
tellwisdom:
Which record label is Tasued? sad
lol... it's a school bro, a school cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Olamide: "I Dropped Out Of TASUED When My Parents Could Not Pay My School Fees" by Niyeal(m): 5:57pm On Aug 27, 2017
Thumb up my nigga
Re: Olamide: "I Dropped Out Of TASUED When My Parents Could Not Pay My School Fees" by Hashimyussufamao(m): 6:03pm On Aug 27, 2017
buh now u can pay d whole professor at d same tasued. #thats life!! #one day i will also be great and u!

1 Like

Re: Olamide: "I Dropped Out Of TASUED When My Parents Could Not Pay My School Fees" by holluwai(m): 6:06pm On Aug 27, 2017
Story for the _Gods

1 Like

Re: Olamide: "I Dropped Out Of TASUED When My Parents Could Not Pay My School Fees" by raski04(m): 6:10pm On Aug 27, 2017
Evaberry:
Yoruba tout!!!

pon pon music

senseless gigolo

Sense fall on u!!!
so your own meaning of education is speaking English?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olamide: "I Dropped Out Of TASUED When My Parents Could Not Pay My School Fees" by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 27, 2017
Evaberry:
Yoruba tout!!!
pon pon music
senseless gigolo

Sense fall on u!!!
You never still talk wetin this guy do you.. So. Mean.

1 Like

Re: Olamide: "I Dropped Out Of TASUED When My Parents Could Not Pay My School Fees" by lailo: 6:12pm On Aug 27, 2017
but u get money to do music at coded tunes studio?kwontinue

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Omotola Jalade-ekeinde Shares Lovely Pictures / Rihanna Spotted Listening To Wizkid Ojuelegba Song (video) / Money Rains As Young Millionaires Celebrate Alexreports And Wife (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.