Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,203 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock (31310 Views)

Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives / The Oba Of Benin's Palace Before 1897 British Destruction - PIC / Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock by yeyeboi(m): 3:01pm On Aug 27, 2017
Ok
Re: Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock by daroz(m): 3:04pm On Aug 27, 2017
Eziokwu1:

The Oba of Jujuland better keep his dirty hands off Igbo oil producing communities in the above highlighted states. angry
I dont know what is wrong with some Igbo people , Ondo and Lagos are oil producing states and they chose to stay away from this, but our pepo chose follow them like say .
Why are most Igbo guys stupid ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock by AreaFada2: 3:08pm On Aug 27, 2017
adisabarber:
So Oba of Benin too will embark on thank you visits. grin
Where are all those Benin people that were criticizing Ooni for doing same? Some of them even said Oba no dey comot for palace.
Go back to topics posted over a year ago.

In there I corrected many that his departed father visited my town & I still vividly remember him in my relative's palace during the thank you visit. He began it in Bendel State of then.

The current Oba has already done a tour of Benin-speaking areas of Edo State.

I also pointed out that his father visited up to Sokoto. He visited every part of Nigeria. The late Oba was particularly intrigued by the royal court practices in Owo/Olowo Royal Palace, how close to Benin Royal palace practices they were. I also wrote that I had several relatives in his entourage back then. I was a kid but I remember everything. Even the Oba's car, attire, ocassion, etc. Perhaps re-enforced by pictures taken then.

Oba Erediauwa even included some details of the nationwide thank you visit in his autobiography "I Remain, Sir, Your Obedient Servant".

I also confidently said that the current Oba would do same in good time.
Just because a Benin person says something on social media does not mean he knows the facts.

There have also been topics about how the crown prince does not see the Oba. I also rubbished that assertion. I gave a clear example how Oba Akenzua (reigned 1933 to 1979), the King's College Lagos educated crown prince then was secretary to his own father Oba Eweka II (reigned 1914 to 1933). Akenzua personally read the manuscript of Chief Dr. Jacob Egharevba's "A Short History of Benin" to his father before it was published in the early 1930s. He could not have done so if both were forbidden to see.

What really happens is that once the first son is invested as crown prince (Edaiken n'Uselu) upon attaining maturity, he's then required to officially move into Edaiken Palace at Uselu, a village just outside ancient Benin Walls & Moats, but today actually has grown to be contiguous with Benin.

Seek the right information from reliable sources.

6 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock by Eziokwu1: 3:09pm On Aug 27, 2017
daroz:

Why are most Igbo guys stupid ?

No be your fault.

The people that made oba of bini that produces 2 teaspoon of oil chairman over communities in states that produce millions of barrels of crude oil are the ones I blame.
Re: Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock by OlujobaSamuel: 3:11pm On Aug 27, 2017
oba on tour.
as much as we love to respect our cultural heritage, the traditional stool is now inferior to political stool in nigeria of today.
irrespective of the esteem attached to any traditional ruler, a commissioner for local govt and chieftaincy title has power to rubbish such stool even if na the king nominate am.
oba, enjoy your tour jare.
btw, ajimobi don scatter tinz for ibadan, constituted authority himself.
If you are a king in any state of nigeria, kindly respect yourself, dont mess with an idiot like constituted authority.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock by daroz(m): 3:13pm On Aug 27, 2017
Eziokwu1:

No be your fault.

The people that made oba of bini that produces 2 teaspoon of oil chairman over communities in states that produce millions of barrels of crude oil are the ones I blame.
Oya, go and use your head to hit the nearest available pillar.

Infact, no be your fault too, you Igbos don't have any respect or regards for your traditional rulers, that's if you even have one.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock by OlujobaSamuel: 3:17pm On Aug 27, 2017
AreaFada2:

In there I corrected many that his departed father visited my town & I still vividly remember him in my relative's palace during the thank you visit. He began it in Bendel State of then. He has already done tour of Benin-speaking areas of Edo State.
I also pointed out that he visited up to Sokoto. He visited every part of Nigeria. The Oba was particularly intrigued by the royal court practices in Owo Royal Palace, how close to Benin Royal palace practices it was. I also made it clear that I had several relatives in his entourage. I was a kid but I remember everything. Even the Oba's car, attire, ocassion. Perhaps re-enforced by picture taken then.

Just because a Benin person says something on social media does not mean he knows the fact.

There have been topics about how the crown prince does not see the Oba. I also rubbished that assertion. I gave a clear example how Oba Akenzua (reigned 1933 to 1979), the King's College Lagos educated crown prince then was secretary to his his father Oba Eweka II (reigned 1914 to 1933). Akenzua personally read the manuscript of Jacob Egharevba's "A Short History of Benin" to his father before it was published in the early 1930s. He could not have done so if both were forbidden to see. What happens is that once the first son is invested as crown prince (Edaiken n'Uselu) upon attaining maturity, he's then required to officially move into Edaiken Palace at Uselu, a village just outside ancient Benin Walls & Moats, but today actually has grown to be contiguous with Benin.

no mind dem jare, na pride and itk dey kill us for dis nation, my papa house beta pass your own even with no evidence, and you are not even allowed to demand for proof, hence, dey demand for your head like that of John.
Re: Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock by martineverest(m): 3:22pm On Aug 27, 2017
adisabarber:
So Oba of Benin too will embark on thank you visits. grin
Where are all those Benin people that were criticizing Ooni for doing same? Some of them even said Oba no dey comot for palace.
have u seen him going to Abuja or u just read he will..... Oba will only send his chiefs to Abuja

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock by martineverest(m): 3:23pm On Aug 27, 2017
oyienootieno:
See what the white has reduced us to. A whole Oba heading to Aso rock to report like a cry baby.
he will only send his chiefs as representatives

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock by martineverest(m): 3:24pm On Aug 27, 2017
evansjeff:
do you know the difference between a "Thank you” visit and attending a birthday of a 4 year old?
don't be deceived by the news... Oba will only send his chiefs
Re: Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock by spartan117(m): 3:49pm On Aug 27, 2017
Eziokwu1:

The Oba of Jujuland better keep his dirty hands off Igbo oil producing communities in the above highlighted states. angry
I dont know what is wrong with some Igbo people , Ondo and Lagos are oil producing states and they chose to stay away from this, but our pepo chose follow them like say .
Re: Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock by Barfibassey(m): 3:56pm On Aug 27, 2017
Eziokwu1:

when did rivers state and delta became an igbo state? E be like ur fraudoversabi don dey bite you.
Re: Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock by kode12: 4:24pm On Aug 27, 2017
oyienootieno:
See what the white has reduced us to. A whole Oba heading to Aso rock to report like a cry baby.
Read the article. He is going to Abuja on a thank you visit. No one can question a king about protocol in his own palace.
Re: Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock by oyienootieno: 4:36pm On Aug 27, 2017
evansjeff:
do you have senses at all? If yes, will you kebuse if it ? Idi.ot, rushing to spew trash without knowing what the news is all about.

You are a white man ass licker
Re: Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock by Flamezreal(m): 4:54pm On Aug 27, 2017
OlujobaSamuel:
oba on tour.
as much as we love to respect our cultural heritage, the traditional stool is now inferior to political stool in nigeria of today.
irrespective of the esteem attached to any traditional ruler, a commissioner for local govt and chieftaincy title has power to rubbish such stool even if na the king nominate am.
oba, enjoy your tour jare.
btw, ajimobi don scatter tinz for ibadan, constituted authority himself.
If you are a king in any state of nigeria, kindly respect yourself, dont mess with an idiot like constituted authority.
This got me laughing grin grin grin
Re: Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock by iamtardey: 5:00pm On Aug 27, 2017
life ambassador lipsrsealed
Re: Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock by godchildjayboy(m): 5:04pm On Aug 27, 2017
May you continue to live long my Oba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock by odigbosky(m): 5:44pm On Aug 27, 2017
Oba Erediauwa did the same thing after he was coronated.....i think it was even 3 years after his coronation he started his thank yoi visit and i watched one of the videos where he gave a speech in one of the emir's palace. who says the oba doesn't leave his palace....did he not launch his book in Lagos ( Oba Erediauwa ) infact he even attended one of his daughter's wedding in a church...i think the eldest daughter or so...although it was the first time and probably his last before he transcended. The difference with our monarch is that you will not see him in pple's marriages or occasions....he barely even attends coronation of other first class kings. There is no harm if he embarks on a thank you visit...he has already done that in Edo state and when he is done with that of this country that would probably be his last tour to somewhere else outside his palace trust me except maybe Holy Arousa or circumstance calls for it.......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock by VickyRotex(f): 6:06pm On Aug 27, 2017
enemyofprogress:
This is one of the very few obas that I respect in Nigeria and not all those ones galvanising up and down and dinning/winning with all these criminals called politicians.

Vickyrotex is my food ready?

As your cook abi? Quit smoking whatever it is you're smoking. Aint good for your health.
Re: Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock by cy4cent(f): 6:10pm On Aug 27, 2017
HungerBAD:
HungerBAD and OBA of Benin Thread is 5&6.

Make i read first.

Much respect to the Benin Monarchy.

Lol. You are here again.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock by HungerBAD: 6:26pm On Aug 27, 2017
cy4cent:

Lol. You are here again.

LOL.

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock by enemyofprogress: 6:32pm On Aug 27, 2017
VickyRotex:

As your cook abi? Quit smoking whatever it is you're smoking. Aint good for your health.
as olowo ori mi
Re: Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock by VickyRotex(f): 6:51pm On Aug 27, 2017
enemyofprogress:
as olowo ori mi

Go and sleep angry
Re: Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock by aigbecity2000: 7:09pm On Aug 27, 2017
Long Live The OBA OF BENIN
Omo N'Oba The Great

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock by Mcreloaded(m): 7:14pm On Aug 27, 2017
Oba no dey go transfer
Who knows maybe am wrong
Oba gha tor kpere! Ise !!!
Re: Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock by enemyofprogress: 7:19pm On Aug 27, 2017
VickyRotex:

Go and sleep angry
not without you by my side
Re: Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock by billyG(m): 8:15pm On Aug 27, 2017
oyienootieno:
king pass king oo!we hav emperor 4 asorock.
Re: Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock by odigbosky(m): 11:14am On Aug 28, 2017
AreaFada2:

In there I corrected many that his departed father visited my town & I still vividly remember him in my relative's palace during the thank you visit. He began it in Bendel State of then.

The current Oba has already done a tour of Benin-speaking areas of Edo State.

I also pointed out that his father visited up to Sokoto. He visited every part of Nigeria. The late Oba was particularly intrigued by the royal court practices in Owo/Olowo Royal Palace, how close to Benin Royal palace practices they were. I also wrote that I had several relatives in his entourage back then. I was a kid but I remember everything. Even the Oba's car, attire, ocassion, etc. Perhaps re-enforced by pictures taken then.

Oba Erediauwa even included some details of the nationwide thank you visit in his autobiography "I Remain, Sir, Your Obedient Servant".

Just because a Benin person says something on social media does not mean he knows the facts.

There have also been topics about how the crown prince does not see the Oba. I also rubbished that assertion. I gave a clear example how Oba Akenzua (reigned 1933 to 1979), the King's College Lagos educated crown prince then was secretary to his own father Oba Eweka II (reigned 1914 to 1933). Akenzua personally read the manuscript of Chief Dr. Jacob Egharevba's "A Short History of Benin" to his father before it was published in the early 1930s. He could not have done so if both were forbidden to see.

What really happens is that once the first son is invested as crown prince (Edaiken n'Uselu) upon attaining maturity, he's then required to officially move into Edaiken Palace at Uselu, a village just outside ancient Benin Walls & Moats, but today actually has grown to be contiguous with Benin.

Thank you bros.....not only the Benin speaking area but the other areas...was it not on this same nairaland that his majesty's visit to edo north was posted when the first rain of the year fell in that region. He visited my place Ekpoma 2 months ago for the same reason and i even watched the video when our enijies ascribed the appearance of the sun and moon side by side in the day time to his visit and the onojie of opoji reaffirmed the position of HRM as the father of all edo monarchs and our onojie promised HRM that it wouldn't rain and God willing it didn't.
Re: Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock by AreaFada2: 4:10pm On Aug 28, 2017
odigbosky:

Thank you bros.....not only the Benin speaking area but the other areas...[b]was it not on this same nairaland that his majesty's visit to edo north was posted when the first rain of the year fell in that region. He visited my place Ekpoma 2 months [/b]ago for the same reason and i even watched the video when our enijies ascribed the appearance of the sun and moon side by side in the day time to his visit and the onojie of opoji reaffirmed the position of HRM as the father of all edo monarchs and our onojie promised HRM that it wouldn't rain and God willing it didn't.

Oh thanks. I did not even know that he has travelled that far already.

A large number of Benin monarchs over the centuries had Esan mothers.

Not today have those pretty ladies from that zone been highly desirable for marriage. cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat / Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 / Igbo Or Ibo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.