Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,062 members, 7,825,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

The Truth - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Truth (1491 Views)

The Truth About Web Designers In Nigeria / The Truth About Blogging For Money! / The Truth About Unlimited Web Hosting Space (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth by Nobody: 6:51pm On Feb 20, 2010
Feel quite annoyed and offended the way some webmasters here talk and comment on posts and their treads.

They newbies and buddies feel incompetent and discouraged.\

You hear them talk about shits like Ajax, core this and core that language, and how they can do this and that and so on. I think that sucks. And should be discontinued.

Lets be truthful, what we all need to know to be masters are few, HTML, PHP, JAVASCRIPT, CSS, and SQL or any other database, and the newbie is good to go.

When i mean knowledge of this shits i mean basic knowledge. Even the so called Ajax we shout about its all Javascript and Xml HTMl with xmlhttp request.

So lets face fact, we all are learning and no one is perfect, intimidating anyone is not so nice.

Even facebook was driven with only one different shit and that is facebook script, and that why their script doesnt work like javascript.

Use of JSON, AJAX, AND ALL WEB 2.0 MASHUPS MUST FOLLOW CONVENTION.

And their use is not needed all za time.

Lets say the truth!!!
Re: The Truth by Akebulan: 7:32pm On Feb 20, 2010
Donpuzo:

Lets be truthful, what we all need to know to be masters are few, HTML, PHP, JAVASCRIPT, CSS, and SQL or any other database, and the newbie is good to go.
Lets say the truth!!!

CSS? Javawhaaa? undecided
You guys make me feel so stupid embarassed
Re: The Truth by Nobody: 1:29am On Feb 21, 2010
. . .drinking garri with epa. . .
Re: The Truth by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 25, 2010
@Akebulan. Wetin u mean? @DHTML. You are mouthed
Re: The Truth by Nobody: 12:13am On Feb 26, 2010
. . .using chewing stick to commoth garri 4 my maut. . .
Re: The Truth by dodo10: 7:01pm On Feb 26, 2010
@donpuzo dont mind what they say
won ti ma jabo ju
this year i dey this forum for them
keep going.i dey your side
Re: The Truth by Nobody: 9:00pm On Mar 01, 2010
Thanks Dodo, i feel ur mind set, E dey vex me too, but since i be busy man, if i see their shit, i go just open wamp server and php designer and start coding my ass out!!!
Re: The Truth by quadrillio(m): 11:30am On Mar 03, 2010
whatever you I say can and will be used against you me in d court of Nairaland.

waka pass,

- SAFE
Re: The Truth by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 03, 2010
in shot short, the truth is that don puzzo is not annoyed with some web newbies webmasters here?
Re: The Truth by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 03, 2010
Hmmm kinda lost was hoping to see the The Truth behind Nigeria Conspiracy here. he he he just kidding the basic is enough to get u thru even the so called Ajax i have never used xml with it i prefer sticking to XHR(xmlhttp blah blah blah request), people just like to intimidate people here but even nairaland removes any code u put here as tutorial so let's face Webmaster and Programming section in NL is screwed there's a big brain drain yet u see Stupid comments in the romance and Sex Section Oga ooo.bye am off to bash the Gay/Homos in the Romance section,
Re: The Truth by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 03, 2010
Lol, you guys are funny, But i dey humble ohh, nobody fit make me annoyed or intimidate me,

pcguru, you are right,
Re: The Truth by BidzaMoyo(m): 6:40pm On Mar 07, 2010
@ Donpuzo

You are right. The more experienced publishers should make it easier for the newbies. Personally the simpler that better, probably that's why I enjoy the movie Forest Gump so much.

And Donpuzo I will PM you one of my websites. Maybe I need a taste of my own medicine smiley
Re: The Truth by Nobody: 6:48pm On Mar 07, 2010
No shit my guy. As long has i am not busy then with coding cause thats what is engrossing me now.

My medicine no sweet ohhhh DHTML can confirm that!!!
Re: The Truth by Nobody: 6:03am On Mar 08, 2010
Donpuzo:

No poo my guy. As long has i am not busy then with coding cause thats what is engrossing me now.

My medicine no sweet ohhhh DHTML can confirm that!!!
. . .i laff in japanese
Re: The Truth by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 08, 2010
if u like laugh in Togo.

Anyway wats up na. How codes dey treat you. I know sey u be born coder.
Re: The Truth by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 08, 2010
Ok. Truth number 2.

Another major trend in Nairaland is newbies giving too much accolades to some dudes they think are the God's here.

I really don't think things should go that way. Many of this peeps its cause of lack of self confidence. I have known and is still exposed to many of nland users (Big shots) secrets toward coding and web development.

In real term, many of the newbies may be better off in this stuff that the so called big ones.

Ok lets face it, i have followed some new nlanders and some that just recently started posting in Webmaster section and their sites are more stunning.

Off nland what can we offer each other. When i needed coding help for marknollis.com i pinged Dual and he sent me the lie of code, i improved upon to form marknollis login facility.

Thats how you know the real ones.

Since then, me i have founded my own framework and skill of coding vatualy any kinda application from shopping cart, to smart games and even a powerful forum.

It's all good, lets face the Truth and stop _cloning others and trying to be boyssssssssssssss.
Re: The Truth by Nobody: 7:26am On Mar 09, 2010
na wa o. this thread will end if a law court eventually evenshually. please am i guilty? let me start gathering money to pay my attorney (hbabe from sexuality section)
Re: The Truth by Afam(m): 8:28am On Mar 09, 2010
@topic,

Are you marketing your skills or complaining about something because I cannot understand you on this issue.

Learn to speak for yourself as no one authorized you to speak for others and as such there is no way you can correctly represent the views of those you even claim to be representing.

I will advise you to spend more time developing useful applications for those that need them instead of all these personality based comments. Those who took this route missed their destinations completely and hope you won't miss yours.

It is only in Nigeria that I believe we have more internet software experts than real software experts as even though you get to read from many bragging about what they can do the reality is that the vast majority cannot even transform a basic business process based on discussion into a working software meant to solve or transform a business problem or process.
Re: The Truth by Nobody: 12:05pm On Mar 09, 2010
@Afam. Its less busy peeps that try to raise beefs where non exist. If you feel there are more mouth experts that actual guru's i think you should rethink, cause its not all that are good that enjoy showcasing their skills in dead forums.

Since you are a moderator, i don't expect anything less, i think it came just the way it is, and maybe you may meet your waterloo, after spending a lot of time and years protecting the heritage of a forum rather than improving your personal skill. (Yawatide also did so).

My friend, i hope you don't take all this personal also, just an advise, as i am never offended. Don't think i was.

@DHTML i been want make e die na, since me self i don pass that stage. But someone resurrected it, while sniffing through nland archives.
Re: The Truth by Afam(m): 12:33pm On Mar 09, 2010
Donpuzo:

@Afam. Its less busy peeps that try to raise beefs where non exist. If you feel there are more mouth experts that actual guru's i think you should rethink, cause its not all that are good that enjoy showcasing their skills in dead forums.

You seem to be confused here. I am responding to your post so don't bring in other people showcasing their skills logic here.

Donpuzo:

Since you are a moderator, i don't expect anything less, i think it came just the way it is, and maybe you may meet your waterloo, after spending a lot of time and years protecting the heritage of a forum rather than improving your personal skill. (Yawatide also did so).

More confusion. Who told you I am a moderator? I am not, have never been and will never be on this forum. When it comes to my skills trust me with the way you process information and comprehend issues I can assure you that even if I stopped developing software and give you 5 good years you will not come close to what I know and what I do in that area.

You must train your mind to think in a logical manner devoid of unnecessary sentiments.

Donpuzo:

My friend, i hope you don't take all this personal also, just an advise, as i am never offended. Don't think i was.

You do not qualify to advise me because you are not eve sure of what you are saying.
Re: The Truth by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 09, 2010
Maybe my mind went moribund after a certain stage, due to drinking of hennesy. While you keep saying shits and self appraising your self claim of software development knowledge, in comparison with mine.

Anyway whatever, i never started posting in web master section to compete with anyone, more or less you.

Think i do think as a programmer, when its time to program and talk like a human, when posting on human issues.

Why don't you start by developing a software that can alter the mind set of people like me. I think i am not close to you but i am 20 years past. And if you don't stop approaching issues in the same vane you think i do, the Waterloo advise may as well become a reality before a twinkle of an eye.
Re: The Truth by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 09, 2010
As a former moderator of this webmaster board (before i stepped aside), i hereby lock this thread now! by the remnant power in me!

************************************************ Thread padlocked ******************************************
Re: The Truth by Afam(m): 10:19pm On Mar 09, 2010
Donpuzo:

Maybe my mind went moribund after a certain stage, due to drinking of hennesy. While you keep saying shits and self appraising your self claim of software development knowledge, in comparison with mine.

Anyway whatever, i never started posting in web master section to compete with anyone, more or less you.

Think i do think as a programmer, when its time to program and talk like a human, when posting on human issues.

Why don't you start by developing a software that can alter the mind set of people like me. I think i am not close to you but i am 20 years past. And if you don't stop approaching issues in the same vane you think i do, the Waterloo advise may as well become a reality before a twinkle of an eye.

Your comments are neither here nor there. Not that your rantings matter though, just thought you needed to be reminded about reality. Good to see your posts becoming more humble.
Re: The Truth by Nobody: 10:25pm On Mar 09, 2010
Afam:

Your comments are neither here nor there. Not that your rantings matter though, just thought you needed to be reminded about reality. Good to see your posts becoming more humble.
well. . .he is actually making sense, the guilty ppl know themselves. and oh, i forgot to lock the thread properly
Re: The Truth by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 09, 2010
@Afam. I humble na. The guilty people know themselves like my paddy talk.

I no get time for talk this and that. Beef no be my practice and not with a low level programmer like you. Like comparing Java and coldfusion.

Abeg even the php wey just reply above me self get chance pass ne.
Re: The Truth by Nobody: 10:37pm On Mar 09, 2010
Donpuzo:

@Afam. I humble na. The guilty people know themselves like my paddy talk.

I no get time for talk this and that. Beef no be my practice and not with a low level programmer like you. Like comparing Java and coldfusion.

Abeg even the php wey just reply above me self get chance pass ne.

Aho, so don p, you are a high level programmer abi? u get class oh!
Re: The Truth by Afam(m): 10:39pm On Mar 09, 2010
*dhtml:

well. . .he is actually making sense, the guilty ppl know themselves. and oh, i forgot to lock the thread properly

Can you state in simple clear terms the sense he is making because all I see here is blaming others for not knowing enough and those that think like him supporting him?

Who are the guilty people and what exactly are they guilty of? And try to lock the thread properly if you must. Sometimes we are too busy chasing shadows and in the process forgetting things and making mistakes.
Re: The Truth by Nobody: 10:41pm On Mar 09, 2010
Afam:

Can you state in simple clear terms the sense he is making because all I see here is blaming others for not knowing enough and those that think like him supporting him?

Who are the guilty people and what exactly are they guilty of? And try to lock the thread properly if you must. Sometimes we are too busy chasing shadows and in the process forgetting things and making mistakes.
Actually, this thread is not meant for everyone. but i do understand what the dude is saying. And it is not like i am supporting him.
Chasing shadows eh - that is very interesting. Actually, there is no need to padlock thread (even if i can). FLB - [b]F[/b]i [b]L[/b]e [b]B[/b]e !
Re: The Truth by Nobody: 10:49pm On Mar 09, 2010
I know just enough to do what i do well.
Re: The Truth by TechPros(m): 1:38am On Mar 10, 2010
are u guys this idle cos my 24 hrs is really not enough for me.
@ Donpuzo
I will say this again, u have a long way to go cos u re still far from what u are staging ur self as.
Re: The Truth by Nobody: 1:44am On Mar 10, 2010
@Techpros,. I see how far you have gone, too far that no link in your site works!!!

http://www.tenggroup.net
Re: The Truth by Nobody: 2:08am On Mar 10, 2010
*dhtml:

Aho, so don p, you are a high level programmer abi? u get class oh!

Lol, no be like so jare. Just that this peeps are taking things too personal here. And i don't seem too comfortable with that. I no blame them na, na c++ i blame, if sey e gree me well like Java, and php, i for no dey even get time reply their shit.

@Techpros. You remain the most retard among the association of retards. Saw ur website i waon laugh die. Before i been fear ohhh, i say ahhh maybe na one guru like dhtml i dey chalange, but when i saw that shit men. I get hope sey if i no read any ebook again, i go render sites better that u.

Honestly, i no see reason to dey compare my self with you self.

@DHTML, no vex say i dey talk rude ohhhh, i just hate being chalanged, and worse still from no bodies.

@Donpuzo. The vinno tinto mix with Hennesy and Barleys no dey work like before ohhh, better go add 501 join am.

Let them dey make do with paraga and Alomo bitters.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Does It Cost To Open A Website For A Company? / Help To Integrate Whois Domain Details To Website / Namecheap August 2013 Coupon Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.