Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,851 members, 7,841,213 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

The Truth - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Truth (1493 Views)

The Truth About Web Designers In Nigeria / The Truth About Blogging For Money! / The Truth About Unlimited Web Hosting Space (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth by Nobody: 6:31am On Mar 10, 2010
Donpuzo:

Feel quite annoyed and offended the way some webmasters here talk and comment on posts and their treads.

They newbies and buddies feel incompetent and discouraged.\

You hear them talk about shits like Ajax, core this and core that language, and how they can do this and that and so on. I think that sucks. And should be discontinued.

Lets be truthful, what we all need to know to be masters are few, HTML, PHP, JAVASCRIPT, CSS, and SQL or any other database, and the newbie is good to go.

When i mean knowledge of this shits i mean basic knowledge. Even the so called Ajax we shout about its all Javascript and Xml HTMl with xmlhttp request.

So lets face fact, we all are learning and no one is perfect, intimidating anyone is not so nice.

Even facebook was driven with only one different poo and that is facebook script, and that why their script doesnt work like javascript.

Use of JSON, AJAX, AND ALL WEB 2.0 MASHUPS MUST FOLLOW CONVENTION.

And their use is not needed all za time.

Lets say the truth!!!
Did you know that, the combo stated above sounds very much like me. Because if you take a look at this thread and my link below, well, that completes the combo.

Anyway, dont forget to check out my ajax/json chat - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=214542.0
Re: The Truth by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 10, 2010
@dhtml. Do you know the amount of info, am getting from that road map, you drew some one year ago.

Many of us don't even know that little infos are neccesary, they expect me to be coding my butt out for nland newbies, while they stand there and say. Why didn't you use Ajax to do this and that.

Men i have outgrown that!!! I now code for money.
Re: The Truth by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 10, 2010
i code for money as well. However, i always try to help out my brodas and sistas whenever i can. Anyway, like i always say,
it is not compulsory that you make use of ajax or javascript here and there. but it is good to be equipped so that if anybody
brings any work, and describe all the details, all you will need do is calculate their prizes instead of thinking, can i do this, can
i not do that. . .it is good to know these technologies so that you will not get disgraced by some clients.
Re: The Truth by Nobody: 2:32pm On Mar 10, 2010
You are right ohhhh. God no go make me ever tell client say "Sorry, i can't do such a site."

I will update my skill more, just that, when one keep getting much clients, picking an ebook to learn new languages will seem meaningless, although its is quintessential.
Re: The Truth by Nobody: 3:42pm On Mar 10, 2010
The last website i worked on was just a simple html file. The client already had it all laid out in ms word with graphics and all. All i needed
do was tell dreamweaver to give me a simple template, and i just did copy and paste, and uploaded it.
but sometimes it is not as easy as that. but whatever, it is best to be prepared. Because some clients will point to a website and tell you
they want such feature - mind you, the clients dont know if it is flash, flex, ajax, jQuery or whatever, just that they know what they want. gbam
Re: The Truth by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 10, 2010
hmmm. Thats a bunch of chalange, mostly if na one kind thing wey man no sabi.
Re: The Truth by c7(m): 9:25pm On Mar 10, 2010
Why all this bragging abt what u knw or nt?
Can someone comment change what u knws? NO!
While spending time here comparing what u knws and nt,why dont we think abt what we can do better to develope Nigeria ICT?
Re: The Truth by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 10, 2010
c++, you are right. Its really an unneccesary debate.

But if u check you will see, that it was not my intention.
Re: The Truth by Nobody: 6:03pm On Mar 12, 2010
@dhtml would love to contact you can u mail me plsĀ  segunlala@yahoo.com
Re: The Truth by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 12, 2010
you can try mailin me on support@.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Does It Cost To Open A Website For A Company? / Planning On Quitting And Going Freelance / Did You Make Any Money Online In 2011? Tell Us How You Did It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.