Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer - Agriculture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer (58958 Views)

My Watermelon Farming Experience / My Poultry Farming Experience! / My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 29, 2017
strangelandd:
We i asked various framer managers for their birds seller connect, they were unwilling to give up that information for free. So what do I do, pay for the connect and next time i want to buy the birds i have direct access to the connect. I think that makes sense.

Sir, did you try chi farms? They are the most reliable around now and i'm 90% sure the middlemen got the chicks from them...

1 Like

Re: My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer by strangelandd: 1:37pm On Aug 29, 2017
26/08/17 = 18 eggs
27/08/17 = 26 eggs
28/08/17 = 1 crate 5 eggs

Highlights from excel analysis:
We have had our first income by selling our first 3 crates
1% of the birds have started laying (its still early days)
0% mortality rate

6 Likes

Re: My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer by XBen24: 3:50pm On Aug 29, 2017
You have been doing a great job.

There are a lot to learn here. Kudos!

1 Like

Re: My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer by takenadoh: 5:25pm On Aug 29, 2017
strangelandd:
26/08/17 = 18 eggs
27/08/17 = 26 eggs

0% mortality rate

From your spreadsheet you are selling at 550 per crate which is 50 naira less than I estimated in my previous calculation, you'll need to do smth about the 16 bags daily for feeds and another thing i noticed is that your 7.5 million seem to be fixed which shouldn't be the case, except you added the cost for feed over a period or time to arrive at that figure if not it is suppose to fluctuate.

Well done.
Re: My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer by guiddoti: 5:25pm On Aug 29, 2017
strangelandd:
26/08/17 = 18 eggs
27/08/17 = 26 eggs

0% mortality rate
Thanks for sharing your farm timeline. It's an encouragement to those of us who have no idea of farming business. God bless your farm.

2 Likes

Re: My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer by guiddoti: 5:40pm On Aug 29, 2017
deji17:

Nice. Would you mind sharing your experience about how you raised Capital?

Really?

1 Like

Re: My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer by deji17: 5:48pm On Aug 29, 2017
guiddoti:
Really?

What do you mean by really?
Re: My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer by Oluwapresley(m): 6:23pm On Aug 29, 2017
Chinks:
what some of us failed to understand is that, this man spent some cash on what he shouldn't have spent on. For instance, debeaking, vaccination, etc because he paid those who did all that for him which ordinarily, he ought to have carried out himself if only he has the skills. If he had raised the birds from DOC, I bet, he would have saved more money.
You want to debeak 3500 birds? lol

3 Likes

Re: My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer by tosinfalade(m): 6:38pm On Aug 29, 2017
I am quite interested in this sir, please keep us updated. but can anyone give a breakdown of expenses if u start with DOC? thanks
Re: My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer by takenadoh: 7:00pm On Aug 29, 2017
Oluwapresley:

You want to debeak 3500 birds? lol

Wondering why they talking

It cost just 14 k for 3500 birds.
I go pay 20k to aviod the stress sef

3 Likes

Re: My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer by Oluwapresley(m): 7:27pm On Aug 29, 2017
takenadoh:

Wondering why they talking

It cost just 14 k for 3500 birds.
I go pay 20k to aviod the stress sef

I'm still laughing at the thought of it.
Ordinary 1000 birds at 1.5kg is work. Smh. people just want to talk, even if whatever they are saying doesn't make any atom of sense.
Thanks, brosmiley

6 Likes

Re: My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer by Imoy(m): 7:39pm On Aug 29, 2017
Nukualofa:
send me pm lemme connect you with my friend

pls also send me his number tru my email
hez4life@yahoo.com

thanks
Re: My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer by Nukualofa: 7:43pm On Aug 29, 2017
Imoy:

pls also send me his number tru my email
hez4life@yahoo.com

thanks
send me a pm. Where are you located?
Re: My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer by Imoy(m): 8:05pm On Aug 29, 2017
Nukualofa:
send me a pm. Where are you located?

presently in Kaduna, but would be in Asaba tmrw Godwilling
Re: My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer by Nukualofa: 8:11pm On Aug 29, 2017
Imoy:

presently in Kaduna, but would be in Asaba tmrw Godwilling
the guy is in Kaduna. Try to meet him
Re: My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer by Imoy(m): 8:20pm On Aug 29, 2017
Nukualofa:
the guy is in Kaduna. Try to meet him

I sent u a pm pls reply or better still can I have ur email?

my fine number is 08066354196, u can WhatsApp me let's chat
Re: My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer by sonnie10: 8:52pm On Aug 29, 2017
takenadoh:

From your spreadsheet you are selling at 550 per crate which is 50 naira less than I estimated in my previous calculation, you'll need to do smth about the 16 bags daily for feeds and another thing i noticed is that your 7.5 million seem to be fixed which shouldn't be the case, except you added the cost for feed over a period or time to arrive at that figure if not it is suppose to fluctuate.

Well done.

Good observations. I was going to ask the same question. Still waiting for response
Re: My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer by strangelandd: 10:32pm On Aug 29, 2017
Good question and observations. The eggs sold for N550 because there were pullet eggs instead of the current price agreed with our distributor N820 (This price could change). To your question I budget for my expenses four weekly in advance (feeding, generator, meds, salary and potential miscellaneous cost) So if you stick to the trend you would see the expenses column increase every 4 weeks while the income increase everyday as sales are made daily. I hope this answers your question.

takenadoh:

Well done.

2 Likes

Re: My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer by monchazfarms: 12:07am On Aug 30, 2017
rockheartbenny:

Please I think I have suddenly got interest in this business... I want a full guide on a start up with say 2-3m outside rent. I stay in Abia state.
Someone help

My farm is at Asa (close to 144 batallion),come and see things for yourself.
Re: My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer by monchazfarms: 12:24am On Aug 30, 2017
takenadoh:

Well done.

At this point,feed is constant.They're eating 115g per bird.
Re: My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer by paranod123(m): 1:18am On Aug 30, 2017
Yes This is what am looking to start Can i Tap from your experience and where are you base Thanks in Advance
Re: My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer by jjbest123(m): 6:11am On Aug 30, 2017
idreezbaba:

I am a 300level student of the prestigious university Obafemi Awolowo University.. I wouldn't deny the fact that we hardly engage in practical in our country.. Our lecturers are only concerned with us cramming and pouring it back to them.. but even after all this I wouldn't still say I am wasting my five years in school.. The knowledge I will have after these five years can't be compared to someone who is just doing agric to survive In this hard economy
Theory without practice...agriculture is practical not only theory.
Re: My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer by Aizenosa(m): 7:55am On Aug 30, 2017
supersystemsng:
You invested 7.5 Million in poultry? Am i seeing well? Why invest 7.5M in poultry bro?

Because you will reap nothing less than x3 if managed properly.

2 Likes

Re: My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer by Aizenosa(m): 7:59am On Aug 30, 2017
sirugos:
bros its a lie. There is possibility that u can not get a complete nutrient needed for the maximum production of the birds.

When you mill or make your own food you save a lot of money and get the right constituents of food, meet your vet and discuss extensively with him on the formulation and if you want to invest into your own feed production you can see a machine fabricator and get your personal mill.

2 Likes

Re: My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer by Aizenosa(m): 8:04am On Aug 30, 2017
strangelandd:
Good question and observations. The eggs sold for N550 because there were pullet eggs instead of the current price agreed with our distributor N820 (This price could change). To your question I budget for my expenses four weekly in advance (feeding, generator, meds, salary and potential miscellaneous cost) So if you stick to the trend you would see the expenses column increase every 4 weeks while the income increase everyday as sales are made daily. I hope this answers your question.

In Benin I sell a crate of egg for #850 - #870 wholesale and #1000 retail.
Re: My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer by kunlesufyan(m): 8:54am On Aug 30, 2017
BonetEzra:
Your effort will not go in vain in Jesus name
Greatest Abusite!!!

1 Like

Re: My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer by takenadoh: 9:11am On Aug 30, 2017
strangelandd:

yes it does, Thank you very much and I wish you good success.
PERSONALLY I have a feeling you'll do good
Re: My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer by okeyfermod(m): 9:31am On Aug 30, 2017
same goes for Enugu, 900 for small eggs, 1000 for large eggs. i wonder

Aizenosa:

In Benin I sell a crate of egg for #850 - #870 wholesale and #1000 retail.
Re: My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer by okeyfermod(m): 9:38am On Aug 30, 2017
OP, That 7mil plus no be expenses ohh, na your start up capital ( also asset). cause if you label it as expense, you will not declare any profit till you recoup every last kobo of it . it is your asset, money that cannot be retrieved as long as the business stays open. Even if you sell of the beds when they are done laying, its still that money you will use to restock.

strangelandd:
26/08/17 = 18 eggs
27/08/17 = 26 eggs

0% mortality rate

1 Like

Re: My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer by strangelandd: 12:49pm On Aug 30, 2017
That is a very good point and you are absolutely right. I have revise my spreadsheet and removed the “asset” cost of the birds (N4,900,000) at the end of their laying life they would be sold for meat and get this money back or close to it or use to restock.

okeyfermod:
OP, That 7mil plus no be expenses ohh, na your start up capital ( also asset). cause if you label it as expense, you will not declare any profit till you recoup every last kobo of it . it is your asset, money that cannot be retrieved as long as the business stays open. Even if you sell of the beds when they are done laying, its still that money you will use to restock.

1 Like

Re: My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer by strangelandd: 12:58pm On Aug 30, 2017
29/08/17 = 6 crate 14 eggs
Sold 7 crates @ N700 *see spreadsheet also we selling at a low price because the eggs are pullet the selling price would increase as eggs mature.
Guys so I have removed to cost of buying the birds (N4,900,000) from my expenses because they are assets as pointed out by okeyfermod and we would recover that at the end of the laying life.
Also, I have added my expenses for the next four weeks up until 26/09/17 (bird feeding, generator, meds, salary and potential miscellaneous cost)

Sold 7 crates
5.54% of the birds have started laying (its still early days)
0% mortality rate

3 Likes

Re: My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer by eddyline(m): 4:05pm On Aug 30, 2017
lammie21:

you are spot on bro... I used close to 1.8m to construct a Layer Pen that could accommodate up to 2,000 layer birds including battery cage water nipple system...then bought 1,000 point of cage pullets at the rate of 900naira per one. Mind you bro, that was even before economic recession started. what about now that price of materials has increased. Poultry, especially Layer birds is very risky. I wish OP all the best...I've learnt my lessons tho.
care to share some of the lessons you learnt? Just so that we can make adjustments where necessary

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Man Who Built Barn With 440 Yam Tubers Gets Chieftaincy Title (Photos) / How to Build A Grasscutter Cage / Grasscutter Farming In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.