Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,376 members, 7,836,532 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

There Is No Such Thing Called "Moralist"(part One) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Is No Such Thing Called "Moralist"(part One) (510 Views)

There Is No Such Thing As 'Death'. We Just Transit. / Is There Such Thing As Paradise? / There Is No Such Thing As "Fallen Angels" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is No Such Thing Called "Moralist"(part One) by oluwafemi1993: 3:31pm On Aug 27, 2017
IF GOD DOES NOT EXIST, THERE iS NO REASON TO BE MORAL.....(Part one).
Yeah, before you start shooting those arrows, please read through and answer these questions
What is the standard of Moral?
Who initiated MORAL?
What is wrong or right; is it what I believe or what you believe or what majority believe?
If it is an offence to disagree with what you or everyone believe, then is it not an offence to punish me on my RIGHT to believe what I hold to be right?
Don't get confused, what I am trying to say is that there is nothing like a MORALIST. What is wrong or right can only be defined by GOD and GOD alone.

Why?
Because No one was born with a knowledge of what is right or wrong.we were all told as we grew up even the first man.

To be continued......
#Eternalexcellency
Re: There Is No Such Thing Called "Moralist"(part One) by oluwafemi1993: 3:36pm On Aug 27, 2017
Well, let hear your comments
Re: There Is No Such Thing Called "Moralist"(part One) by 0temAtum: 3:45pm On Aug 27, 2017
Morality has nothing to do with godliness. A moral person will not kill for others as Yahweh and Allah did. So that makes a moralist different from a godly person who will kill for his god. A moral person isn't jealous like yahweh d jealous god. A moral person isn't a terrorist like Yahweh and Allah.

The definition of a moralist is someone who is moral, regardless of whether he is religious or not. Morality is better than godliness.
Re: There Is No Such Thing Called "Moralist"(part One) by oluwafemi1993: 7:01am On Aug 28, 2017
0temAtum:
Morality has nothing to do with godliness. A moral person will not kill for others as Yahweh and Allah did. So that makes a moralist different from a godly person who will kill for his god. A moral person isn't jealous like yahweh d jealous god. A moral person isn't a terrorist like Yahweh and Allah.

The definition of a moralist is someone who is moral, regardless of whether he is religious or not. Morality is better than godliness.
ok, I understand your view but if I kill and I believe it is morally right, who will judge me if what I did was wrong or right and on what basis of "moral"?
Re: There Is No Such Thing Called "Moralist"(part One) by 0temAtum: 7:30am On Aug 28, 2017
oluwafemi1993:
ok, I understand your view but if I kill and I believe it is morally right, who will judge me if what I did was wrong or right and on what basis of "moral"?
check your dictionary for the meaning of morality.
Re: There Is No Such Thing Called "Moralist"(part One) by oluwafemi1993: 8:17am On Aug 28, 2017
0temAtum:
yes I have but can you tell me the origin of morality?
Re: There Is No Such Thing Called "Moralist"(part One) by hopefulLandlord: 8:42am On Aug 28, 2017
oluwafemi1993:
yes I have but can you tell me the origin of morality?
please, tell us the origin of morality
Re: There Is No Such Thing Called "Moralist"(part One) by oluwafemi1993: 8:59am On Aug 28, 2017
0temAtum:
yes I have but can you tell me who originated it
Re: There Is No Such Thing Called "Moralist"(part One) by 0temAtum: 10:29am On Aug 28, 2017
oluwafemi1993:
yes I have but can you tell me who originated it
we humans originated it for a better running of the affairs of humanity and the world. Thanks to our early philosophers who spoke often about it.
Re: There Is No Such Thing Called "Moralist"(part One) by oluwafemi1993: 1:22pm On Aug 28, 2017
Hmm philosophers indeed
So, how do we know they are right since they are also human beings like us. We can also prove that what they hold to be wrong may be right.
For example, I can justify that what I do in this scenario is right
"A close friend of my need a pint of blood to live. Then, I went to a blood bank and steal the blood for him."
So can't I disagree with those philosophers that stealing is morally right.
So I have autonomy to decide on my own. I don't need their permission

(1) (Reply)

Statue Of Virgin Mary Remains Intact After House Fire / What's The Solution For People Having This Challenge? / Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.