Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Is It True That A Cat's Saliva Can Cause Permanent Blindness? - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Is It True That A Cat's Saliva Can Cause Permanent Blindness? (26747 Views)

I Have A Cat For Adoption / How Dangerous Is Your Dog's Saliva? / Cat Refuses To Leave The Grave Site Of Its Owner In Malaysia (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It True That A Cat's Saliva Can Cause Permanent Blindness? by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 05, 2018
Open let me just tell you the truth.. These things are going to grow strong, swift and crafty in the next 2 weeks, and they will terrorize ur life... This Nigerian bred of cats are really winches.... Kill them or else your compound is their new home, they will bring friends, give birth, cry all night, climb your roof, sneak into your kitchen and neatly steal your meat... They are thieves, savages.. You have been warned... P. S they may look cute now but next 2 weeks is war time.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It True That A Cat's Saliva Can Cause Permanent Blindness? by pupsyd: 8:14am On Jul 05, 2018
@Op please I need a cat
Re: Is It True That A Cat's Saliva Can Cause Permanent Blindness? by 8stargeneral: 8:16am On Jul 05, 2018
U for just try approach am to knw weda d saliva fit blind ur eyes,do d experiment den u tell us what happened next shocked
Re: Is It True That A Cat's Saliva Can Cause Permanent Blindness? by mamaafrik(m): 8:19am On Jul 05, 2018
buy D-D force insecticide mix it with fish or akara(it is extremely poisonous to u too) like 1/2 lacacera bottle cover den put it with her vicinity,she go eat die
Re: Is It True That A Cat's Saliva Can Cause Permanent Blindness? by ikorodureporta: 8:24am On Jul 05, 2018
Person ask question since aug 2017, na now mod dey epp am, wey eim fit don blind sef cheesy

e b like say una jst won talk abt PUSSY this morning smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It True That A Cat's Saliva Can Cause Permanent Blindness? by OlujobaSamuel: 8:26am On Jul 05, 2018
this mods sef, since Aug, 2017, its almost another Aug and you just dey move am go fp, what if dey don spit enter the guy eye and e don go blind, how e go see this post on fp na?

6 Likes

Re: Is It True That A Cat's Saliva Can Cause Permanent Blindness? by OlujobaSamuel: 8:27am On Jul 05, 2018
this mods sef, since Aug, 2017, its almost another Aug and you just dey move am go fp, what if dey don spit enter the guy eye and e don go blind, how e go see this post on fp na?
btw, na my own kitten be this

5 Likes

Re: Is It True That A Cat's Saliva Can Cause Permanent Blindness? by Sheusheu: 8:35am On Jul 05, 2018
Swargu:
Open let me just tell you the truth.. These things are going to grow strong, swift and crafty in the next 2 weeks, and they will terrorize ur life... This Nigerian bred of cats are really winches.... Kill them or else your compound is their new home, they will bring friends, give birth, cry all night, climb your roof, sneak into your kitchen and neatly steal your meat... They are thieves, savages.. You have been warned... P. S they may look cute now but next 2 weeks is war time.
I like this Comment lol

7 Likes

Re: Is It True That A Cat's Saliva Can Cause Permanent Blindness? by wyzoe: 8:37am On Jul 05, 2018
superemmy:
It's, a popular saying in Nigeria that a Cat's Spit can cause permanent Blindness or acidic injury to the skin. How true is this?
Has there been anything to prove or disprove this statement.

I really need some clarification on this. A stray cat jus gave birth to newborns in my compound. I don't know how to approach the situation.
Hope I don't get blinding spit too.

Please don't kill them. Feed them if possible and I'll send you a cookie.

Cats are harmless

2 Likes

Re: Is It True That A Cat's Saliva Can Cause Permanent Blindness? by lazeal: 8:43am On Jul 05, 2018
superemmy:
It's, a popular saying in Nigeria that a Cat's Spit can cause permanent Blindness or acidic injury to the skin. How true is this?

I really need some clarification on this. A stray cat jus gave birth to newborns in my compound. I don't know how to approach the situation.
JUST WEAR GLASSES WHEN YOU WANNA APPROACH THEM... OR A MASK... SIMPLE. IF U GET BLIND, BROS, oyo ooo

2 Likes

Re: Is It True That A Cat's Saliva Can Cause Permanent Blindness? by Neofingerz: 8:49am On Jul 05, 2018
boobooslim:
Hi I need a kitten if you're selling please.
that will naw turn to tiger later abi?
like brother luku and mukaila always say that year
Re: Is It True That A Cat's Saliva Can Cause Permanent Blindness? by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 05, 2018
superemmy:

It must be a false information
Re: Is It True That A Cat's Saliva Can Cause Permanent Blindness? by olowobaba10: 9:17am On Jul 05, 2018
dingbang:
Its saliva please
IT'S SALIVA OR SPITTLE
Re: Is It True That A Cat's Saliva Can Cause Permanent Blindness? by Lanretoye(m): 9:23am On Jul 05, 2018
boobooslim:
no kitten,na cat dey.or is kitten the past tense of cat?
Re: Is It True That A Cat's Saliva Can Cause Permanent Blindness? by skales67(m): 9:37am On Jul 05, 2018
[s]
Swargu:
[/s]

Re: Is It True That A Cat's Saliva Can Cause Permanent Blindness? by newbie2018: 9:43am On Jul 05, 2018
superemmy:

Infact there was one of them that cried like a human baby yesternight. If no be say I man enough small one kine fear wan catch me. I haven't approached them yet that's why I wantrd to know if they're so dangerous, they could attack me with spit or something.

Anyways I'll try capture and sell off

do not DIY... I remember during my childhood days in PH, we kidnapped a kitten and hid it in a basket... Lo and behold our house was invaded by cats of various colours and species... I have never seen so much cats in my life in one place over a 100cats came to the rescue of their kitten. (that's how I grew a phobia for cats)

I suggest you leave it go the experts ,they are hard to kill and stray cats could be aggressive just like every mother to her offspring
Re: Is It True That A Cat's Saliva Can Cause Permanent Blindness? by Fordzzy(m): 9:56am On Jul 05, 2018
Heard if ur Diet ain't right...u'll lose both eyes and even go cripple undecided undecided
Re: Is It True That A Cat's Saliva Can Cause Permanent Blindness? by kennyclassic: 10:08am On Jul 05, 2018
We used to have cats; even with all the hissing sounds they make when provoked there has never been an incident where they spit venom like that of a snake. Stroke or caress their body and they’ll even lick � your hand.
Re: Is It True That A Cat's Saliva Can Cause Permanent Blindness? by HomeOfMe(f): 10:39am On Jul 05, 2018
superemmy:

Maybe is probably best I leave them and mind my business or I kill them because I have not slept for 3 days now with the constant meow meow...

God its exhausting. I'm a light sleeper undecided
Do you know apple cider vinegar? They sell it in big markets and mall. They don't like the smell at all. Just get cotton wool,soak as much cotton wool as you can with the ACV and drop several of them around where they come around;under the stairs if you live in a common compound where the gates are usually wide open. The smell of the vinegar repells them. They also hate the smell of raw onions and garlic.
Re: Is It True That A Cat's Saliva Can Cause Permanent Blindness? by spiritedtete: 10:59am On Jul 05, 2018
Travel to istanbul.... cats are like... normal chicken walking freely in Nigeria. They are everywhere.
Re: Is It True That A Cat's Saliva Can Cause Permanent Blindness? by encryptjay(m): 12:02pm On Jul 05, 2018
Swargu:
Lmao!
What a post grin
Na true sha. Can't forget a time one cat infiltrated our house and kept crying like a baby then one night, I saw a shadow walking boldly as in with confidence, I thought it was a cheetah grin
Dogs anything cos the mode of operation of cats is on another level.

2 Likes

Re: Is It True That A Cat's Saliva Can Cause Permanent Blindness? by Antina(f): 12:25pm On Jul 05, 2018
lazeal:
JUST WEAR GLASSES WHEN YOU WANNA APPROACH THEM... OR A MASK... SIMPLE. IF U GET BLIND, BROS, oyo ooo

Oyo ke!! cheesy grin

They don't spit at people! Says a vet doctor that treated mine when he was injured.
Re: Is It True That A Cat's Saliva Can Cause Permanent Blindness? by Antina(f): 12:29pm On Jul 05, 2018
kennyclassic:
We used to have cats; even with all the hissing sounds they make when provoked there has never been an incident where they spit venom like that of a snake. Stroke or caress their body and they’ll even lick � your hand.

Correct grin

1 Like

Re: Is It True That A Cat's Saliva Can Cause Permanent Blindness? by Yeecar(m): 12:41pm On Jul 05, 2018
superemmy:

I will like to buy the kitten from you... Preferably the female.
Re: Is It True That A Cat's Saliva Can Cause Permanent Blindness? by LordofNaija: 1:07pm On Jul 05, 2018
boobooslim:
Haunti how will you need another kitten when you have one between your legs. Ayam not hondastanding undecided
Re: Is It True That A Cat's Saliva Can Cause Permanent Blindness? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 05, 2018
encryptjay:

Lmao!
What a post grin
Na true sha. Can't forget a time one cat infiltrated our house and kept crying like a baby then one night, I saw a shadow walking boldly as in with confidence, I thought it was a cheetah grin
Dogs anything cos the mode of operation of cats is on another level.
Cats are so skilled, they are like seal team. Infiltrate and exfiltrate without getting noticed... And they are big thieves.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That A Cat's Saliva Can Cause Permanent Blindness? by consultancy: 1:33pm On Jul 05, 2018
stubbornman:

You already got a kitten between your legs...take care of that first!!!
shocked

2 Likes

Re: Is It True That A Cat's Saliva Can Cause Permanent Blindness? by encryptjay(m): 4:27pm On Jul 05, 2018
Swargu:

Cats are so skilled, they are like seal team. Infiltrate and exfiltrate without getting noticed... And they are big thieves.
Yup, quite a smart bunch.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That A Cat's Saliva Can Cause Permanent Blindness? by Tgirl03: 4:24pm On Jan 23, 2019
Cats can get aggressive but only when provoked. That’s why uve hardly heard incidents of cats unlike canines. Anyway here’s my baby Nana. If ur a cat lover I’m looking for a family for her.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That A Cat's Saliva Can Cause Permanent Blindness? by Cynophilepetts(m): 9:37pm On Jan 23, 2019
kyella:
ur pet is beautiful.. she look just like ours.. kim

Exactly, I breed cats too,very interesting pet to own

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woah, Turns Out Cats Can Be Loving Parents Too! (pics) / Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named Dog Buhari Appears In Court (Pics) / Buhari Dog Owner Released After Three-day Imprisonment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.