Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV (46625 Views)

Abba Kyari Reacts To N29.9m Bribe Allegation / Buhari Has Approved N10billion To Rebuild All Affected Nigerian Communities- VP / Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV by Princedapace(m): 8:42am On Aug 29, 2017
Mcowubaba:

No,
We all have Jobs, the weren't forced or coerced to Join the Nigerian Police Force.
The are paid monthly salary and allowances depending on their respective ranks by the Federal government.

The 7k we paid them was just extra money for staying around us, we paid their boss 200k!!

7k a week for 4 policeman, that's 7*4=28K
28K * 4 weeks= 112k.
112k + 200k= 312,000
Thats the money we paid for Police services in a month undecided
We also fed this policemen: morning, afternoon and Night
We also bought fuel Into their hilux, every 2 days, fuel of 3-5K on average.

So Oga, what exactly are you talking about?

Make we bankrupt ourselves because say we need extra Police services, after all no be their work, isn't it why the are paid by the Federal Government

You say the risk their lifes for 1K, as if they are normal civilians, forgetting their Job is to risk their lifes in terms of security, for the Populace
Stop the emotional blackmail

I'm a medical professional, I sometimes come across very infectious dxs nd delicate situations, I also risk my life, so Kilode?

And I'm not paid like most Nigerian Senators who do nothing

So attack your govt and not the poor policemen on duty.. Nigerians must learn to channel their anger against their real enemies who are in government..

1 Like

Re: Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV by iamchybs(m): 8:43am On Aug 29, 2017
As if the police isn't the ambassador of corruption in Nigeria
Re: Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV by Codes151(m): 8:44am On Aug 29, 2017
titigafar:
Let the truth be told, the police collect money from Banks and big firms for providing police protection. Shikena!
yimu
Re: Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV by mamatwiny(f): 8:48am On Aug 29, 2017
Did it start today?

It is not APC or PDP issue.

Everything in police has price. I had a police officer friend many years back, she told me there is fixed price for inter state transfer, another for intra state, also there is price for different locations depending on the activity level of the location.

There is even price to get Asp rank if you get higher degree and want to be converted. At the same time, u have to be sure of your source, cos some will just collect your money and eat, nothing will happen.

Then if you are a female officer in a station with a randy oga; Dpo and rest , you must be submitting your kpekus at his orders,else, you will find it hot . you will be posted to the most violent locations, very remote location or accused at will.

Tell me why commissioner of police will not collect money from criminal and let them escape when he has monthly target to meet?

I think there should be an effective whistle blowing mechanism so that the police themselves will speak up.

7 Likes

Re: Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 29, 2017
egbabiekperemo1:

U go sweet to kidnap�
You mumu eh!. cheesy grin

Be very careful of the kind of comments you make 'cause you could be traced with this account and arrested.

2 Likes

Re: Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV by Dare2Try(m): 8:50am On Aug 29, 2017
Waiting concern with police, with my bingo, roger and tiger are doing a very great job guarding the compound, I can't spend my money on licence criminals, never

3 Likes

Re: Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV by cymontempler: 8:52am On Aug 29, 2017
Nigerian police cannot locate a police officer going on AWOL since 2010. Yet he is able to take post of ADC yet still go into public politics to become a senator.

Only to bring up charges in 2017, All because things have gone bad between him and IG on probing the police force leadership.

Shame on police PRO defending corruption. Disgusting!!!

Shame on IG.

Shame on Senator.

4 Likes

Re: Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 29, 2017
This is no news na. I have said it here before. Getting promoted in NPF na bidding process. 250k is the least!

4 Likes

Re: Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV by oluwashegunfunm(m): 8:55am On Aug 29, 2017
GavelSlam:

Who dash you?

How many times have we seen your pictures here on Nairaland.

Abeg no make me laugh.
why do you need to see his pictures ? Ariwo koni music .. ask God to bless you instead of you hating who you don't know

1 Like

Re: Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV by deafeyez: 8:55am On Aug 29, 2017
hatchy:
For you to be posted to states like Rivers and Lagos you must cough out 50 million to the IGP because this states are high yield for corruption with many companies and VIP's that needs police protection.

The Nigeria police stinks to the high haven and need total cleansing and sanitization

The police is your friend grin
Re: Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV by Jelal0007(m): 8:56am On Aug 29, 2017
Ratello:

RECEIVE A BRAND NEW BRAIN....Is the IG not serving under this APC government?
And that makes the IG an APC member? And how is the APC as a party responsible 4d actions of the IG? Like I said,receive Brain. Quit displaying such attitude on NL.
Re: Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV by smileyoo: 8:59am On Aug 29, 2017
police and apc 're twin brothers in lies. i salute the courage of this senator, his allegations is just an open-secrets. what is news here is the huge amounts involved, and going to few pockets. yet these 're the main instruments in the so-called fights against corruption, but they themselves 're still neck-deep in corruption. just watch how this govt 'll not take any action over this serious allegations of corruptions going on, under their watch in such a vital organ as the police. jokers in power.

2 Likes

Re: Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV by nairanaira12: 9:00am On Aug 29, 2017
hooged:
Interesting, but this senator is confused

Watch the video again. He is not confused
Re: Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV by buffalowings: 9:00am On Aug 29, 2017
IPOBrep:
hehehehehe

same people.

my company pay 65k per mopol for the 4 officers in my office.

there is also admin charge.

shameless PPRO saying the criminal senator is trying to tarnish the good reputation of the police as if they ever had any

aputel:
At the last floor of Kam Salem Obalende Lagos is a Yoruba boy ,yellow in complexion and has been glued to the same seat underperforming as PA to the OC of the FIB , he is into all manners of dirty job from debts to anything . If you report any case of debts or fraud ,the guy will deduct 10% as police charges . He told a friend of mine that the police normally charge 50k per Mopol for any outing apart from the admin charges and other under the table bribe. That was before the coming of this IG of police . I am not sure if the reform has touched that area .
But in other formations I have not established that .

I don't see anything bad in getting companies to pay for the use of security operatives. They are into the business to make profit ,the profit is not coming into the coffee of government except the meagre tax and companies will even cheat in the declaration of tax returns .
The mistake we are making is that security is in short supply and the area has been overstressed with all sorts of requests and need. In the develop countries most of the request taken to the police are handle by Private Investigator.

When someone is declared missing ,you will commit tens of armed guards and vehicles on search mission . All this are handled by Private sectors operatives and you pay for their services.

Securing an event as well as providing security for the corporate executive is the work of Executive Protection Services and you pay heavily ,thus freeing up the regular police to attend to more national issues.
Nothing bad in paying for security​ if it goes to the Government coffer,but the police should always direct person issues or investigation and security to the private investigator to ease the burden .

Hmm,corroborated allegations

God why am I a nigerian grin

1 Like

Re: Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV by kellyjoesteve: 9:02am On Aug 29, 2017
i hate to say this but believe me at this point this country is really not working, why because the next I.G will be worse.

For your Businesss idea, and management,
job-tips, available loans and important of insurance check
my signature.
Re: Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV by xpool(m): 9:02am On Aug 29, 2017
Ratello:
I can wager that by 2019 APC's level of corruption would have dwarfed PDP's 16 years no doubt.
I have soft spot for PDP, yet this issue cuts across political alignments.
Nigeria is corruption itself APC, PDP, APGA and every sector in Nigeria is too corrupt.

It is no news, the police is the apex of corruption, from employment, redeployment, transfers, postings, promotions etc.
Every posting including case assignment and road blocks are reflections of bribery.
That is not limited to police, it is in ministries, agencies, schools. But we know all these, they are not hidden.
Even if you remove The IGP, the AIG/DIG that will take over has been doing the same bribery taking and giving, and will continue.

The senator that is talking, how did he get to senate, plenty money exchanged hands.
The last police recruitment and all public recruitment, he and other top politicians were given slots.

Until we start using only merit as standard of employment, we will never get there.
The easiest people to bribe are Nigerian police and Nigerian polticians, if you doubt me try it today.

4 Likes

Re: Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV by claremont(m): 9:02am On Aug 29, 2017
This was a very poorly conducted interview. This interview is supposedly meant to discuss the corruption allegation against the police, but the interviewer spent more time pursuing the police viewpoint that the senator is a deserter. It's extremely laughable for the police PRO to suggest that the police isn't corrupt, everyone in Nigeria knows the the police is one of the most corrupt institutions in Nigeria. The PRO should have simply acknowledged the high levels of corruption in the police, and he should have spoken about what the police is doing to address it.

1 Like

Re: Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV by buffalowings: 9:06am On Aug 29, 2017
Mcowubaba:

No,
We all have Jobs, the weren't forced or coerced to Join the Nigerian Police Force.
The are paid monthly salary and allowances depending on their respective ranks by the Federal government.

The 7k we paid them was just extra money for staying around us, we paid their boss 200k!!

7k a week for 4 policeman, that's 7*4=28K
28K * 4 weeks= 112k.
112k + 200k= 312,000
Thats the money we paid for Police services in a month undecided
We also fed this policemen: morning, afternoon and Night
We also bought fuel Into their hilux, every 2 days, fuel of 3-5K on average.

So Oga, what exactly are you talking about?

Make we bankrupt ourselves because say we need extra Police services, after all no be their work, isn't it why the are paid by the Federal Government

You say the risk their lifes for 1K, as if they are normal civilians, forgetting their Job is to risk their lifes in terms of security, for the Populace
Stop the emotional blackmail

I'm a medical professional, I sometimes come across very infectious dxs nd delicate situations, I also risk my life, so Kilode?

And I'm not paid like most Nigerian Senators who do nothing
No chill

1 Like

Re: Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV by bignero: 9:06am On Aug 29, 2017
Ratello:

RECEIVE A BRAND NEW BRAIN....Is the IG not serving under this APC government?
Re: Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 29, 2017
Nigeria lost it when public servants started owning big houses their salaries can't afford, cars car loan at their level can't afford and training their wards in schools their annual savings from their salaries can't afford.

Until we right these wrongs, we will continue to be enmeshed in grand corruption of unimaginable quantum.

Civil & public servants shouldn't drive cars they can't afford not even as gifts from their spouses, children or anyone for that matter. Civil and public servants financial activities should be closely monitored. They are public servants and as long as they work for the government, they are answerable to that government. With the advent of BVN, this can be achieved.

But hey! This is Nigeria where the head is fantastically corrupt, measures like this will never see the light of the day.

Drops mic

4 Likes

Re: Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 29, 2017
Ratello:
I can wager that by 2019 this APC's government level of corruption would have dwarfed PDP's 16 years no doubt.

Once read where someone prophesied this years ago and was wondering if could ever come to pass.
Na wa o

Expand your Business online with a Website of your own. N20k only. Check my signature for details.

1 Like

Re: Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV by ogunladeabiodun: 9:21am On Aug 29, 2017
IPOBrep:
hehehehehe

same people.

my company pay 65k per mopol for the 4 officers in my office.

there is also admin charge.

shameless PPRO saying the criminal senator is trying to tarnish the good reputation of the police as if they ever had any
in fact' i know it that private institution pay for Mopol attachee from experience.
Re: Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV by Fhowe: 9:21am On Aug 29, 2017
claremont:
This was a very poorly conducted interview. This interview is supposedly meant to discuss the corruption allegation against the police, but the interviewer spent more time pursuing the police viewpoint that the senator is a deserter. It's extremely laughable for the police PRO to suggest that the police isn't corrupt, everyone in Nigeria knows the the police is one of the most corrupt institutions in Nigeria. The PRO should have simply acknowledged the high levels of corruption in the police, and he should have spoken about what the police is doing to address it.
I thought I was the only one that noticed it very unprofessional conduct from the presenter looks more like he has decide to take sides the letter was read it was issued 2014 but made reference of the December 2010 date so wetin the busybody wan hear again this is a known fact in Nigeria .Also I want to know why this major transporters are not stopped or checked for routine stops they have thousands of buses plying different routes in the country and this buses go on checked the policemen can't even caution the drivers when they decide to purposely go against driving rules hence can use one way and all that it is easy to transport illegal stuffs from one place to the other if you use this transport people and a lot of criminals are taking advantage of all this things
Re: Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV by Ratello: 9:23am On Aug 29, 2017
xpool:

I have soft spot for PDP, yet this issue cuts across political alignments.
Nigeria is corruption itself APC, PDP, APGA and every sector in Nigeria is too corrupt.

It is no news, the police is the apex of corruption, from employment, redeployment, transfers, postings, promotions etc.
Every posting including case assignment and road blocks are reflections of bribery.
That is not limited to police, it is in ministries, agencies, schools. But we know all these, they are not hidden.
Even if you remove The IGP, the AIG/DIG that will take over has been doing the same bribery taking and giving, and will continue.

The senator that is talking, how did he get to senate, plenty money exchanged hands.
The last police recruitment and all public recruitment, he and other top politicians were given slots.

Until we start using only merit as standard of employment, we will never get there.
The easiest people to bribe are Nigerian police and Nigerian polticians, if you doubt me try it today.
Apt! You said it all my bro. Its too unfortunate that our so-called "Fathers" messed this good Country up.

2 Likes

Re: Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV by MaziOmenuko: 9:25am On Aug 29, 2017
Billyonaire:
I pay 300k every month to the 2 policemen at my gate. What is that nonsense policeman talking nonsense lies ? Even my Estate, aside my own policemen, we pay 1.5m every month for the mopols and we give them 150 naira for each bullet they fire every other night.

This APC government is the worst.

logarithm4:
can i work for you? i realy need a job

That's how you people fall for scam. Once someone subscribes mtn 150mb for N100 and types shit as having police guards paid N300k per month you start salivating.

1 Like

Re: Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV by nairanaira12: 9:25am On Aug 29, 2017
Desyner:
They risk their lives for job of N1k a day.

If you have any sense at all, you will realise that the focus here is not about how much they are paid; it is about the PPRO denying that they ever get paid by private individuals and companies Seeking police services. So, stop acting like a blind idiot

4 Likes

Re: Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 29, 2017
Billyonaire:
I pay 300k every month to the 2 policemen at my gate. What is that nonsense policeman talking nonsense lies ? Even my Estate, aside my own policemen, we pay 1.5m every month for the mopols and we give them 150 naira for each bullet they fire every other night.

This APC government is the worst.

2 Likes

Re: Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV by zlatan(m): 9:30am On Aug 29, 2017
Re: Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 29, 2017
kimbraa:
You mumu eh!. cheesy grin

Be very careful of the kind of comments you make 'cause you could be traced with this account and arrested.

In Nigeria?

Only a dingbat will be caught like that...
Re: Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV by Abee79(m): 9:33am On Aug 29, 2017
greatermax77:
Every point in this news is the truth, the whole truth & nothing but the truth.

1 Like

Re: Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV by emi14: 9:34am On Aug 29, 2017
Ask IGP about Evans the kidnapper
Re: Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV by okenwaa(m): 9:35am On Aug 29, 2017
They mumu zoo have bigger problems than IPOB

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abdullahi Babangida Muhammed Tears PDP Membership Card OBJ Way / Osun Governorship Election Rerun Holds In These Polling Units / Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.