Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

A True Event - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A True Event (760 Views)

Hon. Patrick Nathan Ifon: A True Personality / Is This The Best Way To Identify A True Nigerian? / Is President Buhari A Dictator Or A True Democrat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A True Event by dapsxy(m): 9:19am On Aug 28, 2017
Few days ago i travelled for an exam in the next state, I have a 2.2 in Biochemistry from a well know university in Nigeria, a four years course ended to span for seven years with ASUU and internal strikes to the point they had to merge a set with mine, they merge 2008 set with 2009 and I was 2008 set, anyways, I have this desire to study medicine, it has been my plan since the beginning, am not driven by the money part but with the desire to fulfill in life, this was why I had to travel to the next state for an entry exam PostUTME even though I applied as a DE candidate.

I had to call a friend that I will be staying with him for a day or two so I can get to the exam venue before the exam starts which is 9:00am on a Thursday, I visit the school campus on Wednesday to know what I will be needing and if any material is available to get it and prepare myself even more though Jamb sold us Last Days at Forcados High School and told DE candidate that their post-utme will come from there which to my surprise it wasn't not even a paragraph from the book (500 naira scam), as I was saying, I stayed with this my friend who is now going fine, have his own place, using a good phone (big boys life) and I use Nokia 206 feature phone worth 5k. I was reading like around 2:00am while he was busy trying to scam someone which made me thought of the song by 9ice wire, and ask myself if am actually lazy to want to study further and am 29 years old.

To cut the long story short, in the exam hall which was CBT based, we were given 20minutes to answer 50 questions which contains 3 passage to read, math, physics, biology, and chemistry with calculations. No last days at forcados high school, I knew there would be physics, math and the likes but never thought 20minutes and never thought it would be unfair. And if you must know have been looking for a job pending the time I will be getting an admission, I also learned fashion design during my NYSC service year, anywhere I seek a job mostly at a fashion firm they demand nothing less than 5 years experience, without even testing if am good.

The story goes on and on, which begs the question, Am I Lazy or was it my environment or do i want to much?

(1) (Reply)

This Is D Pix Of A Corper Dat Said He N His Gang Will Kill Me Wen I Come To Lago / Avoid Displaying Phones When Stuck In Traffic / FUTO VC At War With Host Community Eziobodo Yet Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.