Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,846 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Men Are Also Goldiggers - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men Are Also Goldiggers (2534 Views)

Men Are Loved On The Basis Of How Well They Can Provide. / PATERNITY FRAUD: 30% Of Nigerian Men Are Fathering Children That Aren’t Theirs? / "Men Are Totally Useless" - Lady Tells Man Who Advised Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Are Also Goldiggers by Ishilove: 1:25pm On Aug 28, 2017
So who says men can't be goldiggers? I got this off very popular relationship counselor's Facebook wall. The stories are real so this is not a case of tales by moonlight.

Madam I need your personal advice if need be please. My friend told me to send my story to you that she too is single and don't know what to advise me. My wedding is last Saturday of next month. I am very heavy, reason I didn't wed on time was because my senior brothers stays abroad, so they put it in a way it will Favour all of them to return home. I am the only girl amongst 4 boys. I am from a wealthy home though. I saw a chat last two months in my husbands phone because he has paid my bride price, I still live with my parents because my husbands place isn't that comfortable for me. I am AS and always sick , so my father asked me to come stay with them. My father has a house he wants to Give us on the wedding day and some properties with money, but he wants it to be in the presence of my elder brothers. One thing about my parents is that , they don't choose who we will Marry, all they care about is our happiness. This my husband is working in a bank but a front desk person.

I am very worried mummy Cynthia because I came across his chats with his eldest married sister, they are 4 too in their family, their parents are still alive and healthy, in the chats, the woman was telling him to love me and show me care' that it will make my people open doors for him and trust him the more. That he should not forget their family house needs to be placed in good care and a new house built for their parents. That he is married to the daughter of a rich man and should not disappoint her. That he should make sure he doesn't not do anything to ruin this chance .

So as I was going down the chats, I came across where he asked her, how is Chinwe? She told him he shouldn't ask of her again, that he should concentrate on me and produce successful results for her. That Chinwe should go find another man and marry, that he should not keep contacts with her again. That she too needs money to boost her restaurant business. So I read where she told him, better behave well, that her brothers abroad hasn't seen him for the first time, so he should mind what he says when they ask him questions??

The issue is that I courted him for 9 months and got pregnant, so I told my mother about the pregnancy because my husband told me to not abort his child, that he will marry me. So when my mother told my daddy, he was angry but later accepted and they came and paid my bride price.

I told my mother about it, and she said I should over look all those things, that she likes his calm nature and the rest. My mother said is just a sister advising a brother to behave well. My mother is seriously preparing for the wedding and buying ashoebi and the rest. She is traveling on Wednesday to go bring my wedding gown and come back together with my brothers' but in my heart, I am scared. How can I marry and live with such a person please. Those chats has been lingering into my head, I was planning to tell my dad to employ him into our company after marriage, should I or should I leave him to his bank work? Is he real madam Cynthia I am 27 years old, he is 34 years. Advise me please !

1 Like

Re: Men Are Also Goldiggers by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:27pm On Aug 28, 2017
off course men are also goldiggers, why do you think this sugar mummy scam is so rampant?!?!

men are just as desperate as women, when it comes to money, but sadly we only focus on women who are openly asking for money in dating.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Are Also Goldiggers by eezeribe(m): 1:28pm On Aug 28, 2017
Yes... But for every one male gold digger,there are one thousand female gold diggers...
Mathematically =1:1000

8 Likes

Re: Men Are Also Goldiggers by Kusibe77(m): 1:28pm On Aug 28, 2017
lemme korkor park. And modify later.

Ok modified: has he ever ask for money, or help, or financial favour — they dated for nine month no sign, or small hint of 'gold digging'.

Lemme come and be going, this talking to myself iyaf do.
Re: Men Are Also Goldiggers by eezeribe(m): 1:30pm On Aug 28, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
off course men are also goldiggers, why do you think this sugar mummy scam is so rampant?!?!

men are just as desperate as women, when it comes to money, but sadly we only focus on women who are openly asking for money in dating.

Gold digging for most male gold diggers is the last resort...
Gold digging for all female gold diggers is the first resort...
I mean... Gold digging is a natural gift for women,all she needs do is to harness her talent when she feels like(I also commend the morally upright few,who decide not to use this talent)
Even Eve in the garden of Eden,left all the dull looking fruits and went for the most beautiful,even though it was forbidden.

4 Likes

Re: Men Are Also Goldiggers by eezeribe(m): 1:37pm On Aug 28, 2017
Kusibe77:
lemme korkor park. And modify later
You have to buy ticket to enter the park... Just 50 naira.

2 Likes

Re: Men Are Also Goldiggers by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:38pm On Aug 28, 2017
eezeribe:

Gold digging for most male gold diggers is the last resort...
Gold digging for all female gold diggers is the first resort...
I mean... Gold digging is a natural gift for women,all she needs do is to harness her talent when she feels like.
Even Eve in the garden of Eden,left all the dull looking fruits and went for the most beautiful,even though it was forbidden.

i disagree... a broke lazy desperate useless guy (or gal) would be goldigging from the get go. just because women have used their sexuality to defraud men for ages, doesnt mean men are any different.

4 Likes

Re: Men Are Also Goldiggers by eezeribe(m): 1:40pm On Aug 28, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

i disagree... a broke lazy desperate useless guy (or gal) would be goldigging from the get go. just because women have used their sexuality to defraud men for ages, doesnt mean men are any different.

OK,at least we both agree on the fact that women have used their sexuality to defraud men for ages.
Re: Men Are Also Goldiggers by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:44pm On Aug 28, 2017
eezeribe:

OK,at least we both agree on the fact that women and men have used their sexuality to defraud men people for ages.

FIXED

6 Likes

Re: Men Are Also Goldiggers by sgtponzihater1(m): 1:45pm On Aug 28, 2017
Men are also gold diggers, yes, there is nothing mutually exclusive in this world, but for every gold digging man, there are 500 gold digging women. Do the maths.

Sgt Ponzi Hater.

1 Like

Re: Men Are Also Goldiggers by Acidosis(m): 2:29pm On Aug 28, 2017
There are more male gold diggers

#fact

2 Likes

Re: Men Are Also Goldiggers by xynerise: 2:47pm On Aug 28, 2017
Acidosis:

#fact

Fact without source and statistics?

Guy, calm down grin

Gold digging is a 50-50 affair but just that it is obvious among girls or can I say guys do theirs codedly.
Re: Men Are Also Goldiggers by raumdeuter: 2:54pm On Aug 28, 2017
But far less than female
Re: Men Are Also Goldiggers by Maduawuchukwu(m): 3:26pm On Aug 28, 2017
How can a normal person say that men gold dig as much as women? Gold-digging for men is rare and seen as abominable but for women it is normal and accepted by society that is why we here of men marrying below their class but rarely hear that of women.
Re: Men Are Also Goldiggers by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:19pm On Aug 28, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:
How can a normal person say that men gold dig as much as women? Gold-digging for men is rare and seen as abominable but for women it is normal and accepted by society that is why we here of men marrying below their class but rarely hear that of women.

@bold part
isnt this because of men's misplaced ego/pride that has them gladly fukcing their richer partner, but (god forbids) never to marry such woman.

4 Likes

Re: Men Are Also Goldiggers by uboma(m): 4:27pm On Aug 28, 2017
raumdeuter:
But far less than female

why do you think this?

come to Abuja and see young men who are lazy to work but choose to depend on handouts they receive from their older female partners.
Re: Men Are Also Goldiggers by armadeo(m): 5:16pm On Aug 28, 2017
Gold digging is a human trait. Though it's more common with women because its a man's world any how you look at it. A successful woman has to put up with more compared to men.

the woman should be careful though. Sounds like a hungry family wants to pounce. It's easier to spend money than make it. At least the guy has a job.
Re: Men Are Also Goldiggers by Vivly(f): 6:03pm On Aug 28, 2017
I know deep down in that Lady's heart, she knew the man loved her for her family's wealth.
I can imagine him bragging about her to his sister "All her brothers are abroad". LMAO
Feminist 2 Male Goldhunters 0

4 Likes

Re: Men Are Also Goldiggers by sisisioge: 6:51pm On Aug 28, 2017
Chai! Water don pass her garri o. She should just tell her dad. A bride price can be returned and the baby kept. I can imagine how clouded her mom's vision is right now by the impending party. She better listen to her intuition... Its mostly right.

May God keep walking tampons and douche bags away from me. Ndi Ara!

2 Likes

Re: Men Are Also Goldiggers by raumdeuter: 7:16pm On Aug 28, 2017
uboma:

why do you think this?

come to Abuja and see young men who are lazy to work but choose to depend on handouts they receive from their older female partners.

I need to come to Abuja to see gold digging males, you don't need to visit Abuja to see female gold diggers they are every where in every village.

Why do you think any Ibo, Hausa Yoruba man who goes to village for Xmas from Lagos or abroad gets bombarded by babes

In fact no need to wait til Xmas. This evening drive your fine car or borrow a friends car to any female hostel near you and watch how many girls will come to talk to you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Are Also Goldiggers by EfemenaXY: 9:12pm On Aug 28, 2017
Acidosis:

#fact

Abeg explain further cheesy

1 Like

Re: Men Are Also Goldiggers by adebayo201: 9:26pm On Aug 28, 2017
raumdeuter:

I need to come to Abuja to see gold digging males, you don't need to visit Abuja to see female gold diggers they are every where in every village.

Why do you think any Ibo, Hausa Yoruba man who goes to village for Xmas from Lagos or abroad gets bombarded by babes

In fact no need to wait til Xmas. This evening drive your fine car or borrow a friends car to any female hostel near you and watch how many girls will come to talk to you
Dayo!!! Experience full baba head no wonder you're bald grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Men Are Also Goldiggers by Acidosis(m): 9:29pm On Aug 28, 2017
EfemenaXY:

Abeg explain further cheesy

It is easier for a lady to turn down a guy who has lots of money to offer, than a guy to turn down a lady with lots of money.

Many guys will give up anything and everything, including a 10 year relationship, to be with a "loaded" girl.

Men are seriously digging, we don't get to see them all the time because the kind of gold they dig is scarce. Many of these "loaded" ladies are already taken; reason a lot of men opt for the oldies (sugar mama), black or white.

8 Likes

Re: Men Are Also Goldiggers by Acidosis(m): 9:32pm On Aug 28, 2017
xynerise:

Fact without source and statistics?

Guy, calm down grin

Gold digging is a 50-50 affair but just that it is obvious among girls or can I say guys do theirs codedly.

grin grin
Re: Men Are Also Goldiggers by eyinjuege: 11:04pm On Aug 28, 2017
It's a differnt thing if it was only the guy that was trying to gold dig. That would have still being manageable, at least he's the father of her child, he's left his ex girlfriend and they may still build something of the marriage.
However, for his whole family to want to gold dig and scoop of the largess, the marriage can never work because their expections will always be cut short.
When will the young man build his own house before thinking of his parents?
When will he build his own business before thinking of any sister?

1 Like

Re: Men Are Also Goldiggers by cococandy(f): 12:15am On Aug 29, 2017
Not news. At least to me
Re: Men Are Also Goldiggers by Ishilove: 1:40am On Aug 29, 2017
sisisioge:
Chai! Water don pass her garri o. She should just tell her dad. A bride price can be returned and the baby kept. I can imagine how clouded her mom's vision is right now by the impending party. She better listen to her intuition... Its mostly right.

Lol. Amen to that
Re: Men Are Also Goldiggers by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 29, 2017
Interesting...More people should see this
Re: Men Are Also Goldiggers by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 29, 2017
sisisioge:

Which one be walking tampons biko omalicha...?

I agree with your position..100%
Re: Men Are Also Goldiggers by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 29, 2017
wawu
Re: Men Are Also Goldiggers by MostSoughtAfte(f): 7:48pm On Aug 29, 2017
My dear ditch that guy! He's a gold digger nd a drifter. Believe me, u can t be happy in such marriage because dat guy is going to drift u off all ur family wealth.... Sit ur mum nd dad down nd talk to dem dnt kip it to ursef. I understand dat ur mum might want u to get married maybe because of d pregnancy (which might look like a thing of shame to dem), ur age nd d fear dat u might nt easily get a man dat will marry u with a child, bt dat doesn't matter wat matter most is ur happiness. What if he marries u, drift u off ur family wealth, which is his aim so to speak, nd then leaves u later, wnt u still be single nd unhappy?..such marriage cannot guarantee u happiness its better to be single nd happy and wait for a man dar will love u genuinely dan b married nd live in misery.... The economy is soo unfavourable, a lot of pple are looking fr a way to escape hardship via any means, so u nid to be wise.. Plan with ur family, put him to a serious test nd see him fail...
Re: Men Are Also Goldiggers by gbegemaster(m): 3:12pm On Aug 31, 2017
Ishilove:
So who says men can't be goldiggers? I got this off very popular relationship counselor's Facebook wall. The stories are real so this is not a case of tales by moonlight.
At no time has it been said that men cannot be gold diggers.

After all some men just wake up and decide that they want to become women. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Signs That You Are Not A Pretender / Real Pictures That Look Fake / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.