Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,060 members, 7,835,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Nigeria Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices… Find Out Why - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices… Find Out Why (597 Views)

BREAKING: Pantami Orders Termination Of Cash Payments In NIPOST Offices Nationwi / Financial Crimes: Those Indicted Abroad Won’t Sneak To Nigeria – Immigration CG / Nigerian Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices… Find Out Why by premium9ja(m): 5:11pm On Aug 28, 2017
As part of efforts to eliminate corruption, the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) has banned cash payments for passport processing. Below are important information to applicants in regards to payments, passport processing and more.

The Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) has banned cash payments for passport processing as part of its efforts to eliminate corruption at all passport offices nationwide.‎

NIS spokesperson, Sunday James, disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Monday in Abuja.
He‎ said the Comptroller General of the NIS, Muhammad Babandede, directed that all payments for passport processing must be done online and through designated banks‎.‎

He said the NIS boss, in a circular, directed‎ all passport control officers not to allow cash payments in any of the passport premises.

“All payments in respect to passport processing are to be done by applicants through banks to generate application ID and reference number on the NIS portal and not through an individual or touts,” Mr. James said.

This followed reports exposing entrenched corruption at passport offices, where immigration officials connive with touts to rip off applicants.

According to him, the NIS CG has also ordered an‎ investigation into allegations of passport racketeering at some passport offices in Lagos with a view to sanitizing the system.‎

Mr. James, therefore, urged passport applicants to ensure that all categories of Nigerian passports fees were done online.
‎“Passport applicants are therefore strongly advised to visit the NIS website www.immigration.gov.ng to confirm the approved fees for all categories of Nigerian passports and age groups before making payments,” he added.

He said the management of all passport offices has been directed to paste all information required at the premises to guide applicants in line with the executive orders.

He urged Nigerians to direct any complaint or inquiries to 07080607900 and the email address nis.servicom@nigeriaimmigration.gov.ng.

The spokesperson advised applicants against patronizing touts or agents‎ in order to ensure efficient service delivery.

The NIS boss had vowed to stamp out corruption in the operations of the NIS as part of efforts to reposition the service and ensure efficient service delivery.
(NAN)

http://www.premium9ja.com/2017/08/nigeria-immigration-bans-cash-payments.html

Cc:
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

Re: Nigeria Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices… Find Out Why by bedspread: 5:14pm On Aug 28, 2017
Nigerian inmigration , LAGOS AND ABUJA ARE MORE CORRUPT THAN NIGERIAN POLICE....

The officers more especially in Abuja work as if they are not paid Salaries..

A good Effort by the Comptroller General... but I advice that stricter measures be put in place to ensure citizens pay the official price.

To be sincere, I don't even know the official price of the Nigerian passport and I doubt if majority of Nigerians know...

Comptroller general also use your office to ensure the officers are promoted when due and prompt payment of salary.... Because the manner your officers charge for passport, I begin to wonder if they are paid salaries.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices… Find Out Why by lightheart(m): 5:16pm On Aug 28, 2017
Awesome!
Re: Nigeria Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices… Find Out Why by SalamRushdie: 5:17pm On Aug 28, 2017
It's actually can't stop the corruption at passport offices because all that would happen is that the officers will recieve Ur payment and help you make the payments at the banks themselves generate the application ID and keep the change, anyone who wants to pay in the bank by himself will keep getting his data capture date shifted and shifted for almost six months

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices… Find Out Why by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 28, 2017
good move. i remember when i wanted to apply for international passport last year. even the gateman was trying to collect the money from me promising to do it cheaper for me. those guys are making so much money, i dont even think they touch their salaries. nobody everybody want to die ontop immigration recruitment
Re: Nigeria Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices… Find Out Why by ITbomb(m): 5:31pm On Aug 28, 2017
Go pay for bank nah , come and wait for your passport for 2 months
Re: Nigeria Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices… Find Out Why by temodent(m): 5:38pm On Aug 28, 2017
This is simply fighting corruption with half measure. In the first instance it has always been bank payment so what is new. If he is serious, he should simply set a timeline that once payment has been made and all necessary documents submitted capturing should be done at a particular timeline followed by collections timeline and once the timelines are not met, a report should be made to a responsive line. If that can be done then we would know the Comptroller General is really serious.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Tell Buhari That Anyone Who Comes To Arrest Me Will Die – Nnamdi Kanu / Biafra: Former NANS Aspirant Narrates His Ordeal With Nigeria Police / Thief Caught And "Stoned" To Death In Onitsha - Watch Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.