Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,632 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

“new Obas Pose No Threat To The Authority Of The Olubadan” – Afobaje Affirms - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / “new Obas Pose No Threat To The Authority Of The Olubadan” – Afobaje Affirms (497 Views)

Obi Is No Threat To APC, One Kano LG Gives Us More Votes Than South-east / They Pose No Harm. / Big Python Killed In Lagos Today, Lagosians Pose With It (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“new Obas Pose No Threat To The Authority Of The Olubadan” – Afobaje Affirms by abegner: 12:38pm On Aug 29, 2017
The head of Afobaje family in Ibadan land, Chief Wahab Popoola, has said that the 21 new Obas, who were installed on Sunday, are like ‘honorary’ kings.
He explained that no special rites were performed on them as the white paper that led to the installation was explicit about it.
Throwing his weight behind the decision of the state government, the Afobaje who is also regarded as the Oluwo, noted that the new kings posed no threat to the authority of the Olubadan.
In an interview with Punch, he said that instead of performing the rites that were always done before an Olubadan would be crowned, the new kings only required his blessing because they were “honorary kings.”
Because They Are ‘Honorary’ Obas
He said, “I did what I had to do during the enthronement of the kings. I blessed them as the Oluwo Afobaje of Ibadan land. There are no special rites performed because they are like honorary kings. The White Paper that established the kings is explicit enough. The governor did this to change the status of the high chiefs and the baales. There is nothing to it more than that.”
Popoola added that the white paper stated that any of the new kings that disrespected the Olubadan would be punished.
“The White Paper, which I have seen, stated clearly that the Olubadan is the highest ranking king in Ibadan and that any of the new kings that disrespects him shall be sanctioned. This means that the power and the authority of the Olubadan are not tampered with,” he stated.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

IS Commander Arrested In Kano / Ace Photographer, Jide Odukoya, Shares Adorable Photo With His Twin Boys / Heartbreaking Photos From The Funeral Of The Couple And Their 3 Children Poison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.