Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB (56679 Views)

Chisom Chukwuneke Is Dead. Got 7 A1s In WASSCE (Obituary, Photos) / Meet Kondu Paul Sopriye Who Got 9 A1s In WAEC And Scored 330 In JAMB / Meet Okorogheye Orisheneye David, 15-Year-Old Who Scored 9 A's In WAEC, 332 JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB by hahn(m): 7:23pm On Aug 29, 2017
GoldNiagara:

We know how the millions are made. Powder, baby factory, kidnapping, rituals ati be be lo.

God keep exposing them criminals.

What about hausas who have never been to school before but make millions selling cows and goats? Or Yorubas in NURTW? undecided
Re: Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB by NairalandSARS: 7:24pm On Aug 29, 2017
omohayek:

If you believe physics, chemistry, and facility with the English language are mere matters of memorization, all that indicates is that you were very poorly educated indeed, which is no doubt why you think what this girl has accomplished is such a trivial thing: you don't have the intellectual wherewithal to even begin to recognize the magnitude of her accomplishments.

Dude, physics, use of english, chemistry exams require simple memorization.
Don't say what you don't know.

Aren't you suppose to know(memorize) the synonyms, antonyms, meanings of words. Aren't you suppose to memorize the stress pattern in words or figures of speech. Or do you think you need intelligence for that?
How about knowing the formulas used to calculate for answers in physics, chemistry or maths.
Nigerian exams only tests your memorization skills. If you want an exam that measures intellectual capacity, try the SAT.
Re: Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB by alfsalami: 7:26pm On Aug 29, 2017
15 yrs and by our outdated policy she's not qualify for our university as under 16, how shameful a policy when at graduation employers look out for if possible under 20graduates !
Re: Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB by deenee: 7:27pm On Aug 29, 2017
neonly:
Make dis girl teach buhari now

Epic..hahahahahaha
Re: Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB by hector: 8:02pm On Aug 29, 2017
omohayek:

You do realize she's accomplished all this at the age of 15, right? How many 15-year olds do you know of who have managed anything close to this? And besides, since when did maths, further maths, physics and chemistry all become a matter of mere memorization? Is it mere memorization that enabled her to achieve a JAMB score of 305 at age 15?

Frankly, I smell envy in your comments.

And u think memory work is cheap? You think biology is cheap? How come only the best brains make it in medicine of which biology is the bedrock? You need high level of memory work to succeed in any topnotch field. Even computer engineers memorize a lot of details, numbers and algorithms to make it in their day to day work. Grow up and stop promoting ignorance here..
Re: Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB by hector: 8:05pm On Aug 29, 2017
NairalandSARS:

15 years is the normal time to take WASSCE. .
305? Why didn't she score 370+ or 400? Chemistry, use of english, physics, biology all need you to memorize facts and formulas, nothing more. I am not impressed.

so what subjects is she supposed to write to prove her intelligence to u
Re: Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB by Daxyd4realzy(m): 8:13pm On Aug 29, 2017
Evaberry:
This wouldn't ensure her being successful in life!

Too many poor intelligent men/women are in this society

Why are you hating on the young girl? That you are poor and intelligent doesn't mean everyone will be like you.
Quit being an hater.

1 Like

Re: Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB by coolexz7(m): 8:24pm On Aug 29, 2017
Jamb score: 305!!!!

Meanwhile some peepz are still struggling with the 120- jamb cut off mark....
Re: Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB by SceneOne: 8:30pm On Aug 29, 2017
Na wah.. and there are some that scored 120 out of 400.
Re: Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB by lereinter(m): 8:43pm On Aug 29, 2017
rare gem
Jehovah bless u
Re: Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB by BCRCentre: 8:45pm On Aug 29, 2017
God will raise sponsors for you girl. You deserve more.
Re: Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB by delpee(f): 9:04pm On Aug 29, 2017
She should apply for scholarship after sitting for SAT.

Congrats to her. Go girl! God bless you much more.
Re: Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB by omohayek: 10:32pm On Aug 29, 2017
hector:

And u think memory work is cheap? You think biology is cheap? How come only the best brains make it in medicine of which biology is the bedrock? You need high level of memory work to succeed in any topnotch field. Even computer engineers memorize a lot of details, numbers and algorithms to make it in their day to day work. Grow up and stop promoting ignorance here..
And here we have another "special needs" type who presumes to write about things he knows nothing of. What do you suppose I do for a living, exactly? I have forgotten more about computer engineering and biology than you will ever learn in your lifetime, arsewipe.
Re: Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB by Bondesniger(m): 10:59pm On Aug 29, 2017
were are these big men who show themselves come to her aid and make Nigeria proud
Re: Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB by Nobody: 11:13pm On Aug 29, 2017
hahn:
Thumbs up. cheesy

Unfortunately the real world is not run by A1s smiley
This post made my night.Well said!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB by mofewilkie(m): 7:07am On Aug 30, 2017
NairalandSARS:

most of the subjects in WASSCE tests memory not one's intellectuall capacity, unlike the GRE and SAT. So I don't see why people are making noise about she going to harvard.
My point is that she has not shown that she has the intellectual capacity to study in harvard.

Chairman have you written the SAT and GRE.

GRE is for Graduates (applying for masters or doctorate) grin

You're just talking.

Even the SAT is still maths, english, chemistry etc. depending on what tests you decide to take and/or the course you are applying for.

Basically SAT just tests competence in Secondary School subjects (not rocket science) under the American curriculum.
From what i've seen with a lot of my friends, the SAT exam is not a big deal. I wrote IGCSE and it was NOT hard because I prepared.

Just prepare adequately. That girl got 304 in JAMB; if she applies herself just like she did for her waec and JAMB, she will be capable of going through Harvard.
Re: Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB by mooa404(m): 7:08am On Aug 30, 2017
This is interesting. Your choice of higher institution shall be granted.
Let me ask, is she the daughter or relative of Bishop D. Abioye? Because whoever knows that man will agree with me that he's a genius also.
Congrats my girl.
Re: Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB by mofewilkie(m): 7:13am On Aug 30, 2017
NairalandSARS:

Dude, physics, use of english, chemistry exams require simple memorization.
Don't say what you don't know.

Aren't you suppose to know(memorize) the synonyms, antonyms, meanings of words. Aren't you suppose to memorize the stress pattern in words or figures of speech. Or do you think you need intelligence for that?
How about knowing the formulas used to calculate for answers in physics, chemistry or maths.
Nigerian exams only tests your memorization skills. If you want an exam that measures intellectual capacity, try the SAT.

Bros I've written enough IQ tests. Some things from memory will still help you.

If you have an application (SAT) question on volume and surface area, is it not the FORMULAE you MEMORIZED that you'll use?

Sit down
Re: Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB by GentlemanAyo(m): 8:39am On Aug 30, 2017
And some people were shouting on a thread because of one girl that made 9 As but couldn't make up to 270 in her UTME. I observed the way they were abusing other tribes for a girl that doesn't know they exist, I guess it is their first time of recording 9 As. A boy I know had 8 As and 1 B2 with 291 in UTME , no noise was made. Woo congrats ni ti e omo daada, I wish you success in all your endeavors. Really, real success don't make noise.

1 Like

Re: Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB by greatman247(m): 9:01am On Aug 30, 2017
neonly:
Make dis girl teach buhari now

You no get sense at all. Wetin concern Buhari for this post now? And shey them tell you say na only brilliance them dey take become president? If NA so why you wey dey brilliant never even become governor? Ode.
Re: Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB by GoldNiagara(m): 9:29am On Aug 30, 2017
hahn:

What about hausas who have never been to school before but make millions selling cows and goats? Or Yorubas in NURTW? undecided

Goat and cow herding is not a crime as well as being an officer of nurtw a registered organization . We can't say same for your people.

1 Like

Re: Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB by hahn(m): 10:17am On Aug 30, 2017
GoldNiagara:

Goat and cow herding is not a crime as well as being an officer of nurtw a registered organization . We can't say same for your people.

Oh dear

I forgot this is nairaland. The home of tribalism

Seun, well done on such a great achievement undecided
Re: Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB by GoldNiagara(m): 11:00am On Aug 30, 2017
hahn:

Oh dear

I forgot this is nairaland. The home of tribalism

Seun, well done on such a great achievement undecided

Wanna pull a skedaddle on me. This is nairaland, our sensitivity to tribalism is at optimum, thanks to your guys. We will display it on and off line.Besides I am not SEUN, refer your query to him directly.
Re: Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB by hahn(m): 11:09am On Aug 30, 2017
GoldNiagara:

Wanna pull a skedaddle on me. This is nairaland, our sensitivity to tribalism is at optimum, thanks to your guys. We will display it on and off line.Besides I am not SEUN, refer your query to him directly.

Lol. You are even here since you cannot tell that by typing his name he will receive it on his mentions

Well, I am not even Ibo and I have no time for such pettiness

1 Like

Re: Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB by M3A16(m): 11:14am On Aug 30, 2017
What a brilliant brain, this is one of the potentials for the next generation that God has deposited into this country that if she is not being snatched by the potential hungry white countries..This country with chronic disease of wastefulness....This young lad worths being celebrated.....CONGRATS

1 Like

Re: Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB by GoldNiagara(m): 12:19pm On Aug 30, 2017
hahn:

Lol. You are even here since you cannot tell that by typing his name he will receive it on his mentions

Well, I am not even Ibo and I have no time for such pettiness

Epe le! Who asked you for yaa tribe! Please bug off!
Re: Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB by NairalandSARS: 12:27pm On Aug 30, 2017
mofewilkie:

Bros I've written enough IQ tests. Some things from memory will still help you.

If you have an application (SAT) question on volume and surface area, is it not the FORMULAE you MEMORIZED that you'll use?

Sit down

Online Iq tests? Hahaha
Re: Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB by babasolution: 12:52am On Aug 31, 2017
my problem is were are the boys?? mike zuckerberg,bill gates are men,africa needs brilliant boys,i think the problem of africa is lack of super genius men,we need boys making this kinds of results
Re: Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB by baum1: 11:35pm On Nov 26, 2017
NairalandSARS:

15 years is the normal time to take WASSCE. .
305? Why didn't she score 370+ or 400? Chemistry, use of english, physics, biology all need you to memorize facts and formulas, nothing more. I am not impressed.

Wait guy, 15 years normal age? Is this a joke? Are you discounting this impressive academic achievement? Is this a joke or are you serious? Am I dreaming? Please respond to this here..

You also said cramming can achieve this. Really? Just really? Wow, you must be super intelligent and have this achievement beneath you for you to not be super impressed by the outstandingly excellent academic achievement of this young girl.

The way I see you, your WAEC must be 9A1, UME 379 and University GPA 4.98...

Kai, some of us that finish secondary school at 17/18/19 must have been abnormal, according to your very high standards. I hope to read from you here.

1 Like

Re: Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB by baum1: 11:36pm On Nov 26, 2017
babasolution:
my problem is were are the boys?? mike zuckerberg,bill gates are men,africa needs brilliant boys,i think the problem of africa is lack of super genius men,we need boys making this kinds of results

Lol, there are boys doing that. Some are just late bloomers and discover themselves at the university where they then go ahead to make school-beating, impressive GPAs like the ones we see nowadays
Re: Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB by NairalandSARS: 9:13am On Nov 27, 2017
baum1:

Wait guy, 15 years normal age? Is this a joke? Are you discounting this impressive academic achievement? Is this a joke or are you serious? Am I dreaming? Please respond to this here..

You also said cramming can achieve this. Really? Just really? Wow, you must be super intelligent and have this achievement beneath you for you to not be super impressed by the outstandingly excellent academic achievement of this young girl.

The way I see you, your WAEC must be 9A1, UME 379 and University GPA 4.98...

Kai, some of us that finish secondary school at 17/18/19 must have been abnormal, according to your very high standards. I hope to read from you here.
Lol.
Well, I didn't finish secondary school. Stopped at SS1 and then took "GCE". But from my experience at junior WAEC, GCE, and jamb I can say that exams test only Memory for facts and formulas.
Re: Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB by Martinez19(m): 12:40pm On Jan 05, 2018
Oluwaseyi00:
Brilliant chap...

Above all, accept Christ into your life so as not to die without fulfilment....

Nigeria is terrific with mystical powers.
mechionu gi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See What Kenyan Student Did When He Was Given A Difficult Math Question In Exam / 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate / 18 Pictures That Describe Having The Worst Roommates At University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.