Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,964 members, 7,821,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Joshua Usoro, Dancer Fails Trying To Break Guinness Dance World Record - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Joshua Usoro, Dancer Fails Trying To Break Guinness Dance World Record (42153 Views)

Bobrisky Fails To Meet EFCC Bail Conditions / Davido Fails His Fans In Jos For Not Coming To His Show, People Reacts. PHOTOS / Odumewu Debbie 'Pinki Debbie' To Break Guinness World Record For Longest Dance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joshua Usoro, Dancer Fails Trying To Break Guinness Dance World Record by celebsnestblawg(m): 2:49pm On Aug 29, 2017
[size=8pt][/size]

Nigerian dancer, Joshua Usoro set out five days ago to break the world record for ‘Longest Dance Marathon by an Individual’ but on Monday afternoon, his attempt ended abruptly.

The 25 year old, Usoro, who is a graduate of Covenant University, who sought to enter into the Guinness Book of World Records and was set to break the record currently held by Kalamandalam Hemaleth, says he will give it another shot in the future.

The Indian set the record in 2010 record after dancing for 123 hours and 15 minutes in a session tagged ‘Mohiniyattam’.

It took her six days to set the record.

Usoro was only able to achieve a dance marathon of 63 hrs 15 minutes.

A statement by his management read;

“We are deeply sorry for the late post on updates #JasonGWR. We announce the stop to the attempt of longest dance marathon by an individual due to unforeseen circumstance. To all of our sponsors and supporters, we really appreciate the indulgence,” 

Usoro, while thanking everyone who supported him, said;

“I am so happy and sincerely grateful, the love was unbelievable. I did this for passion and to inspire someone to push beyond despite fear or doubt, give a shot.

Life is beautiful and it’s an honor to have shared such a wonderful experience with you all.

“Just want to say a big thank you to all my partners for the love and support, my team and to everyone. Will attempt it again. I love you so much. I am very much healthy and resting.”

Usoro’s dance marathon, which held at the Circle Mall in Lekki, Lagos, was attended by ace dancer Kafayat Shafau.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYmFMhAsnAI

source>> https://www.celebsnest.com.ng/sad-nigerian-dancers-attempt-break-guinness-dance-world-record-fails/

you can catch Joshua on Instagram on @iam9jason

2 Likes

Re: Joshua Usoro, Dancer Fails Trying To Break Guinness Dance World Record by kingxsamz(m): 2:50pm On Aug 29, 2017
eyah

2 Likes

Re: Joshua Usoro, Dancer Fails Trying To Break Guinness Dance World Record by celebsnestblawg(m): 2:53pm On Aug 29, 2017
cc MissyB3, cc Fynestboi, cc lalasticlala , cc Mynd44

2 Likes

Re: Joshua Usoro, Dancer Fails Trying To Break Guinness Dance World Record by Kowor(f): 2:59pm On Aug 29, 2017
60 hours is no joke. I doubt if I can dance for five mins. grin

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Joshua Usoro, Dancer Fails Trying To Break Guinness Dance World Record by celebsnestblawg(m): 3:06pm On Aug 29, 2017
Kowor:
60 hours is no joke. I doubt if I can dance for five mins. grin

Me?? common 20 mins and I go drink 2 bags of pure water grin

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Joshua Usoro, Dancer Fails Trying To Break Guinness Dance World Record by Jephz(m): 3:08pm On Aug 29, 2017
wasted energy.....e good Sha .. as he no enter Guinness world record... he enter nairaland

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Joshua Usoro, Dancer Fails Trying To Break Guinness Dance World Record by Seguntimmy(m): 3:23pm On Aug 29, 2017
The guy try o, Dance? Me? I can't dance for 10minutes since I'm always the one to play the talking drum for people to dance, so I'm ain't used to dancing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joshua Usoro, Dancer Fails Trying To Break Guinness Dance World Record by AkProsper(m): 4:47pm On Aug 29, 2017
More than 2 days. that's a lot on energy.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joshua Usoro, Dancer Fails Trying To Break Guinness Dance World Record by firstclassmumu: 5:17pm On Aug 29, 2017
Wow

2 Likes

Re: Joshua Usoro, Dancer Fails Trying To Break Guinness Dance World Record by soberdrunk(m): 5:17pm On Aug 29, 2017
Una get luck say nor be sponsor, both management oooo, Jason oo, him trainer oooo and well wishers, all of them for dance the full "124 hours" to break the record or face better problem! after investing 'hard earned' money and making mouth, you will now release one weak ass statement and excuse for not breaking record angry angry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joshua Usoro, Dancer Fails Trying To Break Guinness Dance World Record by shotin(m): 5:18pm On Aug 29, 2017
60 hours non stop... omo d guy try ooooo... shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Joshua Usoro, Dancer Fails Trying To Break Guinness Dance World Record by nairavsdollars(f): 5:18pm On Aug 29, 2017
He will blame the witches in his village now
Re: Joshua Usoro, Dancer Fails Trying To Break Guinness Dance World Record by blackbeau1(f): 5:19pm On Aug 29, 2017
Erm dancing for 123 hours? That's scary

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joshua Usoro, Dancer Fails Trying To Break Guinness Dance World Record by olamil34(m): 5:19pm On Aug 29, 2017
no be everybody go make record grin
Re: Joshua Usoro, Dancer Fails Trying To Break Guinness Dance World Record by MurderEnglish(m): 5:20pm On Aug 29, 2017
dance? undecided

1 Like

Re: Joshua Usoro, Dancer Fails Trying To Break Guinness Dance World Record by ibroh22(m): 5:20pm On Aug 29, 2017
eeyaahh, sad story
Re: Joshua Usoro, Dancer Fails Trying To Break Guinness Dance World Record by winkmart: 5:20pm On Aug 29, 2017
He's popular now

1 Like

Re: Joshua Usoro, Dancer Fails Trying To Break Guinness Dance World Record by dust144(m): 5:20pm On Aug 29, 2017
Well done my brother, next time you will break it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joshua Usoro, Dancer Fails Trying To Break Guinness Dance World Record by austinoeze(m): 5:21pm On Aug 29, 2017
Lol... Nice try though
Re: Joshua Usoro, Dancer Fails Trying To Break Guinness Dance World Record by adisabarber(m): 5:21pm On Aug 29, 2017
Maybe he dey dance dey jump upandan. Na sense person go take dance to break that record.

12 Likes

Re: Joshua Usoro, Dancer Fails Trying To Break Guinness Dance World Record by kittykollinxx(m): 5:21pm On Aug 29, 2017
nice try
Re: Joshua Usoro, Dancer Fails Trying To Break Guinness Dance World Record by Simeony007(m): 5:21pm On Aug 29, 2017
H
Re: Joshua Usoro, Dancer Fails Trying To Break Guinness Dance World Record by Valindazz(m): 5:22pm On Aug 29, 2017
Madness... Onye ala
Re: Joshua Usoro, Dancer Fails Trying To Break Guinness Dance World Record by sonnie10: 5:22pm On Aug 29, 2017
It's not by eating bean and bread
Re: Joshua Usoro, Dancer Fails Trying To Break Guinness Dance World Record by AustineCJ: 5:22pm On Aug 29, 2017
The guy try,am proud of him......he gave it a shot,he might not have achieved the desired record but his willingness to give it a short might be his break through.

6 Likes

Re: Joshua Usoro, Dancer Fails Trying To Break Guinness Dance World Record by anonym0us: 5:22pm On Aug 29, 2017
na lie
Re: Joshua Usoro, Dancer Fails Trying To Break Guinness Dance World Record by Doctorphil: 5:23pm On Aug 29, 2017
He failed too bad.... He can't be like me
Re: Joshua Usoro, Dancer Fails Trying To Break Guinness Dance World Record by Icon79(m): 5:25pm On Aug 29, 2017
He wanted to set one of those stupid and baseless world records. Guinness destroyed their reputations once they started creating "Guinness World Record" for everything imaginable

O pari

2 Likes

Re: Joshua Usoro, Dancer Fails Trying To Break Guinness Dance World Record by KingsleyBJ(m): 5:25pm On Aug 29, 2017
Hi

1 Like

Re: Joshua Usoro, Dancer Fails Trying To Break Guinness Dance World Record by dalhjana: 5:25pm On Aug 29, 2017
Jephz:
wasted energy.....e good Sha .. as he no enter Guinness world record... he enter nairaland
you are a wicked sombori..ah!

1 Like

Re: Joshua Usoro, Dancer Fails Trying To Break Guinness Dance World Record by jy2kbeyond(m): 5:25pm On Aug 29, 2017
Calm down guys... The record is held by an indian and I doubt anyone can break it. Indians can dance while fxxking. I fear indians. grin

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kiss Daniel Busted For Rocking A Fake Louis Vuitton Shirt (photo) / My Spine Is Messed Up - Peruzzi Asks For Prayers / 2baba Threatens Brymo With N2bn Defamation Suit (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.