Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,014 members, 7,817,987 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 30/08/17 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 30/08/17 (796 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 30/08/2022 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 30/08/18 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 30/08/18 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 30/08/17 by dallyemmy: 4:34pm On Aug 29, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: WEDNESDAY 30TH AUGUST 2017

THEME: SURE AVENUES TO COMFORT      

Memorise:

For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope. Romans 15:4

Read:  Romans 15:4-5

15:4 For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.

15:5 Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus,

We are blessed to have a God that does not desert those who belong to Him. In Hebrew 13:5, God promised never to leave nor forsake His own. The divine presence of the Great Shepherd strengthens His sheep, so much so that they entertain no fear. If you are His sheep, He is always with you; even when you cannot feel Him. Do you know that in those moments when it appears as if God has gone on a journey, He is much more around you than you can imagine? When He promised to be with us always, He was not joking (Matthew 28:20). Are you a sheep of the Great Shepherd? Are you feeling lonely or does it appear that God has forsaken you? He has not. He is right there by your side. He can hear your voice and your whisper. He can even hear your unvoiced wishes, and He will answer you. However, do everything to remain His sheep. Remain within His fold and shun every temptation to stray to the left or right.

If Jesus is the shepherd of your soul, you will not lack comfort because He has promised to comfort you through His rod and staff (Psalm 23:4). No one can make it through this pilgrim’s way without the comfort of the Great Shepherd. One way we receive comfort today, as followers of Jesus Christ, is through the Holy Spirit. Hence, John 14:16 says,

“And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever.”

When you go through loss or experience some very painful situations, you need the comfort of the Spirit to restore you to a state of peace. The Holy Spirit is so good at this. If however you create a gulf between yourself and the Holy Spirit, how would you then be comforted in the time of need? From experience, the comfort you get from fellow human beings is grossly inadequate. Why? At best, man’s attempt at comforting you may satisfy mainly physical needs, but the comfort of the Holy Spirit can reach out to all areas of need, particularly the realm of the soul. Another way of accessing real soothing comfort is from the word of God. Romans 15:4 says that this kind of comfort does not only deal with the unrest in your heart, but also gives you hope. This is one reason why you should never be far from the Bible. The word of God inspires hope. If you feel hopeless, check yourself; you may find out that God’s word is scarce in your heart. Are you feeling hopeless or in need of comfort? Reach out for God’s word today.

Key Point:

One crucial time you need the comfort of the Holy Spirit is when you are passing through a wilderness experience.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Chronicle 22-24
Ezekiel 33:10-20

PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 16: GOD GIVE US CHRISTIAN HOMES

1. God give us Christian homes!
Homes where the Bible is loved and taught,
Homes where the Master’s will is sought,
Homes crowned with beauty Your love has wrought;
God give us Christian homes;
God give us Christian homes!

2. God give us Christian homes!
Homes where the father is true and strong,
Homes that are free from the blight of wrong,
Homes that are joyous with love and song;
3. God give us Christian homes!
Homes where the mother, in caring quest,
Strives to show others Your way is best,
Homes where the Lord is an honored guest;

4.  God give us Christian homes!
Homes where the children are led to know
Christ in His beauty who loves them so,
Homes where the altar fires burn and glow;

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 30/08/17 by dupsai(f): 5:55am On Aug 30, 2017
Prayer Points on Today's Open Heavens: (Wednesday, August 30th, 2017) - SURE AVENUES TO COMFORT

1.Thank you, Father, for the hope, comfort and patience, that the revelation of your word, has brought to my life.

2.Thank you, Father, for your promise, never to leave nor forsake me, no matter, the situation, that l may find myself.

3.Father, in anyway, l have fallen short of your glory, please, have mercy and forgive me, in Jesus' name.

4.Father, give me the grace, to abide in you, forever, in Jesus' name.

5.Father, let every plan of Satan to take me away from you, back into the world, be frustrated, in Jesus' name.

6.Father, fill me afresh to the brim with your comforter, the Holy Spirit, in Jesus' name.

7.Father, let your rod and staff always, be a source of comfort and guidance to me, instead of pain, in Jesus' name.

8.Father, in the face of life's challenges, help me to find comfort, peace and hope, in your word, in Jesus' name.

9.Father, do not allow your word to depart from my mouth; empower me to meditate day and night, therein, in Jesus' name.

10.Father, let every spirit of journey weariness, and discouragement, in my life, be consumed by your fire, in Jesus' name.

11.Father, renew my hope in you, and give me the strength and power, that will see me through, to my journey's end, in Jesus' name.

12.Your Personal petitions.
( Philippians 4:6)
13.In Jesus' name I pray.
(John 14:13-14; 15:16)
14.Thank you Father for answered prayers.
(1 Thessalonians 5:18).
#GodBlessOurNation

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 30/08/17 by Ibukunore06: 6:44pm On Aug 30, 2017
��� *LET US PRAY* ���

.. _*WEDNESDAY, August 30, 2017*_

*PRAYER POINTS* :- _SURE AVENUES TO COMFORT._

1. *THANKSGIVINGS* .

2. *INTERCESSIONS/SUPPLICATIONS.*

3. *PRAYERS FROM OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL.*

----- Father, i thank you because *YOU ARE THE GOD OF ALL COMFORT.*

*_---- Father, I thank you for saving me and for the salvation of my soul....._*

*_---- Father, I thank you for the grace to be alive today......_*

----- *_Father, please grant unto me comfort and rest on every side, in Jesus’ Name.._*

----- *_Father, in Your mercy and Love, please be merciful unto me......_*

----- *_Everlasting Father, from today onward, please let Your Holy spirit be my companion, in Jesus' Name........_*

----- *_Father, please grant unto me the grace not to grief the Holy Spirit at any point in time, in Jesus' Name........_*

----- *_Father, in Your Power, please let Your word of comfort come alive in my life today, in Jesus' Name........_*

----- *_Father, in Your Love, please turn every hopeless situation in my life around, in Jesus' Name........_*

4. *PERSONAL PRAYERS REQUESTS:*
-- (John 16:23 - 24,
-- LUKE 18:1,
-- MATT 7:7 - cool......

---- FATHER, I thank you for the answers, for in *JESUS MERCIFUL* Name I have Prayed.....

(1) (Reply)

What Could Be The Highest Degree Of Human Wickedness / I Was Dead But Came Back To Life, Come In. / Assemblies Of God Church Crisis: Bishop Emmah Isong Prophecy No 56 Fulfilled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.