Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,993 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Find Yourself First, Before You Find A Job- Nimi Princewill - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Find Yourself First, Before You Find A Job- Nimi Princewill (7416 Views)

When Did You Get A Job Offer After An Interview? / How To Turn A Rejection Into A Job Opportunity / I Just Got A Job At Royal Exchange Plc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Find Yourself First, Before You Find A Job- Nimi Princewill by PsychedeliQ: 6:14pm On Aug 29, 2017
Find Yourself First, Before You Find A Job- Nimi Princewill

The economy only gets better on paper. The list of bills to pay are growing longer, and the influx of income—relatively thinner. We can't deny the fact that a nine-to-five job, can come in quite handy now than ever.

However, aside from the customary routine of trying to stay alive, finding employment, making money, starting a family and raising cool kids, everybody wants a 'little extra something' out of life. Not everyone necessarily wants to be great or "change the world" like the crazy egocentric maniacs do, but every person craves to be more useful with their hidden genius or natural creative gifts.

The unemployment rate, increases almost as often as we turn on the news. Hence, people are literally cut out for just about anything that brings income, in order to stay "gainfully" employed. But while we settle for less on momentary jobs, a lot of us don't seem to find the required satisfaction that motivates us to be more productive. The privilege of changing our jobs, still doesn't do the trick, as we eventually grow tired of the new job the same way we did with the previous one. If you feel this way about your work, then you're certainly on the right track because you deserve a lot more. So, why settle for less?

You can't be fulfilled in your job, if you're slowly drowning in the wrong profession! If you aren't passionate about your line of work, or can't see yourself clinging to it on a long term, then you might have chosen the wrong career path. How much of your 'hidden genius' have you discovered? How much of your natural creative abilities are directly connected to your current job? None? Very well, then; finding a new job to tolerate, should be the least of your concerns right now.

Often times, the extra fulfillment we seek for in life is tied to our passions—and how well we pursue them—with the help of our natural gifts. It's our passion for something that keeps us going, even when the pay isn't exactly right, or when we encounter toxic discouraging moments. When we fail to crack open our minds to discover what our true identity and passions really are, we continue to be the unhappy employees who help our bosses achieve their dreams, while we remain miserable from continual complains—even though we could be employers of labor ourselves. Why bury your life's worth just to be enslaved by a regular job that's driving you insane, when such valuable time can be invested in a craft you're gifted in and passionate about?

Find something you're good at, and work twice as hard developing yourself on it—even if you have to intern for free! Market your skills, give every opportunity a shot, and take up a job that's wired into your newfound passion. “If you wanna make money, stick with what you know and love,” Donald Trump once tweeted. Well, Mr. Trump did stick with his love for business—and a rare gift of attracting hatred from women, look where it got him...

Princewill.nimi@yahoo.com

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Find Yourself First, Before You Find A Job- Nimi Princewill by pautex: 8:57am On Aug 30, 2017
Nice write up. I'm motivated to keep moving... what a soothing relief at a time when all hope were lost, thanks.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Find Yourself First, Before You Find A Job- Nimi Princewill by Pearly255(f): 8:57am On Aug 30, 2017
FTC smiley
Re: Find Yourself First, Before You Find A Job- Nimi Princewill by Heromaniaa: 8:58am On Aug 30, 2017
Sure
Re: Find Yourself First, Before You Find A Job- Nimi Princewill by Nostradamu(m): 9:00am On Aug 30, 2017
Learning
Re: Find Yourself First, Before You Find A Job- Nimi Princewill by charlydamianpat(m): 9:02am On Aug 30, 2017
true talk
Re: Find Yourself First, Before You Find A Job- Nimi Princewill by jashar(f): 9:03am On Aug 30, 2017
ermm....

but you can sometimes find yourself while you're working.... working reveals the clearer picture to you. Like me, it wasn't until I started working that I knew i couldn't do some particular jobs. Before then, I wouldn't have minded, but now ehn, i mind big time...

also, working makes you embrace life's reality....

but don't lose sight of your big picture, no experience is a waste...

5 Likes

Re: Find Yourself First, Before You Find A Job- Nimi Princewill by davidodiba(m): 9:04am On Aug 30, 2017
Good one
Re: Find Yourself First, Before You Find A Job- Nimi Princewill by whytejoseph57(m): 9:04am On Aug 30, 2017
true talk bro
Re: Find Yourself First, Before You Find A Job- Nimi Princewill by NENigeria(m): 9:07am On Aug 30, 2017
Word
Re: Find Yourself First, Before You Find A Job- Nimi Princewill by pautex: 9:13am On Aug 30, 2017
Pearly255:
FTC smiley
who dash you
Re: Find Yourself First, Before You Find A Job- Nimi Princewill by kalu61(m): 9:18am On Aug 30, 2017
Awesome.l just finished service 3 months ago and have a passion to continue my M.Sc by October but a pending teaching job in a private school;taking 3 or more subject and spending 8hrs a day wether in class or not,has got me thinking.

2 Likes

Re: Find Yourself First, Before You Find A Job- Nimi Princewill by Drienzia: 9:21am On Aug 30, 2017
kalu61:
Awesome.l just finished service 3 months ago and have a passion to continue my M.Sc by October but a pending teaching job in a private school;taking 3 or more subject and spending 8hrs a day wether in class or not,has got me thinking.
who ask u

1 Like

Re: Find Yourself First, Before You Find A Job- Nimi Princewill by sunbbo(m): 9:23am On Aug 30, 2017
Good one OP,

In other news see 5 Secrets To Pass Your Next Interview Successfully.

An interview provides the opportunity for the prospective employer to get to know you as a person and to verify that the skills and experiences stated in your resume are true. Assume that all the interviewees will have the necessary job qualifications. It’s how you handle yourself during the interview that makes the difference that will result in a job offer. Find the 5 Secrets to pass your next job interview as follows:

1.) PREPARE: RESEARCH IS IMPORTANT

Research the organization. Find out as much as you can about their accomplishments so you know what they do and what they care most about. Punctuality is critical so check the location in advance. Whether you drive or take public transit, do a “test-run” at the same time of day as the appointment.

2.) DRESS WELL FOR THE INTERVIEW

Dress appropriately and wear clothing that both fits well and is comfortable. Wear a suit in an interview in a business office. For less conservative environments, slacks and a nice shirt work well for both men and women, or women can wear a skirt and blouse or a dress. A safe rule is to dress to fit into the setting, not stand out in it.

https://www.nairaland.com/4021386/5-secrets-pass-next-interview
Re: Find Yourself First, Before You Find A Job- Nimi Princewill by Lukonline(m): 9:27am On Aug 30, 2017
I'm motivated
Re: Find Yourself First, Before You Find A Job- Nimi Princewill by oluwadeeboi(m): 9:45am On Aug 30, 2017
Find yourself, learn a trade. Join Acabado cakes beginners class this Monday. Call 09075000101 now

Re: Find Yourself First, Before You Find A Job- Nimi Princewill by Chinny5(f): 9:55am On Aug 30, 2017
Thanks
Re: Find Yourself First, Before You Find A Job- Nimi Princewill by siegfried99(m): 10:13am On Aug 30, 2017
Nice thread
Re: Find Yourself First, Before You Find A Job- Nimi Princewill by Pearly255(f): 10:32am On Aug 30, 2017
pautex:

who dash you

tongue tongue tongue
Re: Find Yourself First, Before You Find A Job- Nimi Princewill by Thobiy(m): 10:34am On Aug 30, 2017
When we fail to crack open our minds to discover what our true identity and passions really are, we continue to be the unhappy employees who help our bosses achieve their dreams, while we remain miserable from continual complains—even though we could be employers of labor ourselves. Why bury your life's worth just to be enslaved by a regular job that's driving you insane, when such valuable time can be invested in a craft you're gifted in and passionate about? I love this
Re: Find Yourself First, Before You Find A Job- Nimi Princewill by Chubhie: 11:16am On Aug 30, 2017
When you discover self, Deals chase you. Never underestimate your true capabilities.

Discover and stay true to yourself cos that's where your power lies.
Re: Find Yourself First, Before You Find A Job- Nimi Princewill by Sleyanya1(m): 11:21am On Aug 30, 2017
Lovely Write up, that's why I'd never give up on my Artistic skills even though I studied Geology.

Nice one op
Re: Find Yourself First, Before You Find A Job- Nimi Princewill by bravesoul247(m): 11:27am On Aug 30, 2017
Lovely piece. I hope we find ourselves one day.
Re: Find Yourself First, Before You Find A Job- Nimi Princewill by IdeyFindWife: 11:28am On Aug 30, 2017
Best way to go!

You strategically acquire needed experience, grow a good profile and resource base while gaining personal fulfillment,along the way.

Won't work for those who've found their life's purpose in lounging around lazily while marstub.ating over tribal issues and fighting needless e-wars however, they rarely see sense in anything else but their mindless bickerings.
Re: Find Yourself First, Before You Find A Job- Nimi Princewill by peeberry2(m): 11:57am On Aug 30, 2017
Hello nairalanders. Am a fresh graduate from the Federal University of Benin ( Bsc Ed).Am awaiting NYSC But before then I need something Doing. Am in need of any job that can earn me some cash bfor service. I currently based in Delta state. Am hardworking, honest and respectful... pls help a brother out..tnx God bless.
Re: Find Yourself First, Before You Find A Job- Nimi Princewill by orisa37: 12:38pm On Aug 30, 2017
Yes!!!
There's National Health Service Scheme in Europe.
Africans and especially Nigerian Employers should have some Medical Examination Reports of job seekers coming to them.
With just a Driving License in England, you can be trusted to have good skills to be Prime Minister and your medical report is available through NHS.
Re: Find Yourself First, Before You Find A Job- Nimi Princewill by orisa37: 1:03pm On Aug 30, 2017
In a Recession, when you are not sick, but jobless, get out there and wash Ditches or be a cleaner. In Recessions and in Europe, when Business collapse, many MDs get out for menial jobs. In Nigeria, Corruption has made many of us Bastards.
Re: Find Yourself First, Before You Find A Job- Nimi Princewill by Kayceenaz(m): 1:15pm On Aug 30, 2017
PsychedeliQ:
Find Yourself First, Before You Find A Job- Nimi Princewill

The economy only gets better on paper. The list of bills to pay are growing longer, and the influx of income—relatively thinner. We can't deny the fact that a nine-to-five job, can come in quite handy now than ever.

However, aside from the customary routine of trying to stay alive, finding employment, making money, starting a family and raising cool kids, everybody wants a 'little extra something' out of life. Not everyone necessarily wants to be great or "change the world" like the crazy egocentric maniacs do, but every person craves to be more useful with their hidden genius or natural creative gifts.

The unemployment rate, increases almost as often as we turn on the news. Hence, people are literally cut out for just about anything that brings income, in order to stay "gainfully" employed. But while we settle for less on momentary jobs, a lot of us don't seem to find the required satisfaction that motivates us to be more productive. The privilege of changing our jobs, still doesn't do the trick, as we eventually grow tired of the new job the same way we did with the previous one. If you feel this way about your work, then you're certainly on the right track because you deserve a lot more. So, why settle for less?

You can't be fulfilled in your job, if you're slowly drowning in the wrong profession! If you aren't passionate about your line of work, or can't see yourself clinging to it on a long term, then you might have chosen the wrong career path. How much of your 'hidden genius' have you discovered? How much of your natural creative abilities are directly connected to your current job? None? Very well, then; finding a new job to tolerate, should be the least of your concerns right now.

Often times, the extra fulfillment we seek for in life is tied to our passions—and how well we pursue them—with the help of our natural gifts. It's our passion for something that keeps us going, even when the pay isn't exactly right, or when we encounter toxic discouraging moments. When we fail to crack open our minds to discover what our true identity and passions really are, we continue to be the unhappy employees who help our bosses achieve their dreams, while we remain miserable from continual complains—even though we could be employers of labor ourselves. Why bury your life's worth just to be enslaved by a regular job that's driving you insane, when such valuable time can be invested in a craft you're gifted in and passionate about?

Find something you're good at, and work twice as hard developing yourself on it—even if you have to intern for free! Market your skills, give every opportunity a shot, and take up a job that's wired into your newfound passion. “If you wanna make money, stick with what you know and love,” Donald Trump once tweeted. Well, Mr. Trump did stick with his love for business—and a rare gift of attracting hatred from women, look where it got him...

Princewill.nimi@yahoo.com

Dear friend, I laud your emphasis of hinging one's career on one's strengths so as to be concurrently productive and fulfilled (I've written an article on that subject, too). But I disagree with your assertion "Not everyone necessarily wants to be great or "change the world" like the crazy egocentric maniacs do..." Placing side by side a personal strong and self-optimizing desire to be great in order to bring about a wholesome global change with lunacy, egocentrism, and obsession is misplaced. It reeks of an error in reasoning; a hasty generalization. The implication of that statement is that great acts which have changed the world were spearheaded by "crazy egocentric maniacs." It follows that Nelson Mandela, Mother Theresa, Martin Luther King, who are widely acclaimed for their great deeds, fall under this category. Doesn't that sound absurd, given the sane and altruistic contributions (racial equality and alleviation of poverty) they made to enable a better world?

Desiring greatness and its manifestion through necessitating a change (a positive one) is good and often leads to the rousing of a person's potentials and aptitude. Hence, there is no necessary link between a great man or woman and "crazy egocentric maniac."

1 Like

Re: Find Yourself First, Before You Find A Job- Nimi Princewill by steve6: 1:24pm On Aug 30, 2017
Absolutely true !
Re: Find Yourself First, Before You Find A Job- Nimi Princewill by Monday5(m): 3:54pm On Aug 30, 2017
Drienzia:
who ask u
I tire ooo
Re: Find Yourself First, Before You Find A Job- Nimi Princewill by DanielGb(m): 5:32pm On Aug 30, 2017
I am always the most important factor. My happiness is my greatest desire. I seek it always.

Everyone should do too.
Re: Find Yourself First, Before You Find A Job- Nimi Princewill by ChocolateBunny: 9:54pm On Aug 30, 2017
oluwadeeboi:
Find yourself, learn a trade. Join Acabado cakes beginners class this Monday. Call 09075000101 now
How much fr training

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

_ / Managers, Professionals And Skill Jobs Abroad / Human Capacity Development Consultants (HCDC) Ltd. Job Recruitment (8 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.