Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,867 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

The Fate Of The Twins (dedicated To The Sexually Abused, The Adopted And Twins) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Fate Of The Twins (dedicated To The Sexually Abused, The Adopted And Twins) (1331 Views)

The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) / Twist Of Fate. / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fate Of The Twins (dedicated To The Sexually Abused, The Adopted And Twins) by Victoroduogu(m): 6:51pm On Aug 29, 2017
The fate of the twins Charlotte and Charles(Dedicated to the sexually abused, the adopted and twins in our world)

Episode 1
Dad came home happy from work. He had bought a red wine and my favourite cookie and as he handed them to me I hugged him as if someone was about to grab him from me.It was two days yo my 20th birthday.Although I am slim,fair and graced with a pointed nose,it awes me the way dad sweeps me off the ground just the way he did eighteen years back when I was two.Thanks dad I said amidst loud laughter.I am deeply grateful dad,I said.You are the best dad ever and I couldn't have asked The Almighty for another better than you because you are the best.My dearest Charlotte I am proud of you he said looking straight into my eyes as if he was seeing all of my thought. At twenty,you are a certified banker.You were the best in our geopolitical zone when you did your West African Examination Council in Nigeria and here in India you graduated second best in your college and best in your department. You have a scholarship to do your masters in the United Kingdom come three months today due to your exceptional performance. You have been like a mother and wife to me since the Philips' road contractors brought me here four years ago leaving mum and your twin Charles back in Nigeria. I wish I could live with you forever. Tell me my dearest ,"Will you marry me"?Dad you know what? I am not going to play a second fiddle after mum besides you have no ring. When you come kneeling with your ring,I will consider your proposal .He laughed heatedly showing his gapped-teeth which I admire so much.Charlotte,please do not forget dad after walking down the aisle with the luckiest guy in the universe.Your dowry is gonna be scary for this guy that will want to take away my princess.Pardon my drifting, the contract officially ended today and I was handsomely paid even beyond my expectations. I trust your competence dad, I said.Thanks mummy,we will be leaving for Nigeria a day after your birthday but then there is a game I want us to play.We shall not inform Charles and mum about our coming back.This your brains dad never get exhausted of funny thinking but the game seems promising and I love it,I replied.
Re: The Fate Of The Twins (dedicated To The Sexually Abused, The Adopted And Twins) by Victoroduogu(m): 10:06pm On Aug 30, 2017
Episode 2

It was a fun filled night.I made fried rice with chicken and salad for super.Dad fed me like a baby at the dining, just the way a mum will feed her first baby and of course I have always been his baby.He told me stories about his growing up till I told him I was feeling sleepy.He accompanied me to my bedroom and wished me a blissful night.Catch your handsome face in the brightness of tomorrow morning I said and closed my door.I dreamt that night getting married to an Indian friend of mine and dad cried while handing me over to my husband Dr Sudih Pal.My 20th birthday was the best since I was born.Dad and I went to a popular hill in India with the sandwich I made and a home made mixed fruit juice. We played and took some shots.That night dad gave me a box filled with different types of clothes both Indian and Nigerian made, the book Mastery which I had been searching for nearly a year and to no avail, written by Robert Greene and then a touch-screen apple laptop.Blue has been my dad's
favourite colour, so I gave him the blue suit I had bought for him.My friends came around and gave me gifts to my bewildment.I would miss them and India at large.

Thanks for reading to this point, your comments and criticism.

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of The Twins (dedicated To The Sexually Abused, The Adopted And Twins) by tijehi(f): 8:23am On Aug 31, 2017
Jam packed story....every conversation is 'packed together'. Please separate the convo's

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of The Twins (dedicated To The Sexually Abused, The Adopted And Twins) by mclawcoker(f): 6:40pm On Aug 31, 2017
Next Episode please

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of The Twins (dedicated To The Sexually Abused, The Adopted And Twins) by Victoroduogu(m): 9:41am On Sep 01, 2017
tijehi thanks for the correction and also I do paragraph but after posting the is not paragraphed. Mclawcoker thanks much for reading, update is coming soonest
Re: The Fate Of The Twins (dedicated To The Sexually Abused, The Adopted And Twins) by Victoroduogu(m): 10:17am On Sep 01, 2017
Episode 3

During our first year in secondary school, dad and mum called us on the night of 10th November that year.The short and long of the story was that we were adopted. I was on dad's laps and Charles on mum's.Every one was crying.Our biological parents had died in a plane crash on their way back from a conference in Uganda.We were two.Three months after the burial, the family decided to set us for adoption. A family friend to our family Engineer Stephen and his wife who is a banker adopted us.They had lived as a couple without conceiving for twelve years.They loved us and treated us more good than maybe even our parents would have done. I have been dad's favourite and mum,Charles. They promised to do their best to make us happy and not feel much as orphans.To the best of my knowledge they have kept their promise. That night we slept on their bed with them ,cuddled.

I always perform well academically than Charles but Charles has more good looks than me.I came out the best in our geopolitical zone in West African Examination Certificate with straight As while Charles made eight Cs and failed mathematics.Dad got a contract in India that was to last for years.Mum was the assistant manager in the first bank branch where she was working. Dad decided to take me along leaving Charles to resit his exams while staying with mum.Ever since I left for India,I never heard from my twin. Mum told me a year after that he passed and was admitted to study anatomy in the University of Calabar. I always imagine what Charles would look like and could not wait to see him and play with him the way we played till India separated us.I felt sad about my leaving India. I was missing my friends and course mates but I was glad I was going to see mum after four years and more importantly Charles.

Happy reading to this point,comments and critics are welcome.Other episodes are on the way.
Re: The Fate Of The Twins (dedicated To The Sexually Abused, The Adopted And Twins) by Victoroduogu(m): 5:45pm On Sep 02, 2017
Episode 4

I was exhausted and worked out but was glad I was home. Indeed East or West home is the best. At exactly 9:05pm I opened the door leaving dad behind who was to get the box we forgot at the airport. The house seemed to have fallen silent. I could neither see mum nor Charles. I checked the parlour, kitchen and sitting room to no avail. With the last of my strength, I walked wearily into Charles room.My excitement was gradually metamorphosing into sadness that I walked into Charles room without knocking. Dad had given us the order at ten to Knock before entering another's room inspite of the fact we are twins.That was the least of my concern now.

I blinked severally to ensure I was in touch with reality and not lost in a wonder land.Charles was sitting in a wheel chair. He looked pale and thin as if he had a terminal illness at it's last stage.He was in tears and I needed no soothsayer to tell me that my own Charles has been through a whole lot.Mum was in her night wear and was hitting Charles all over,kicks and slaps landed on him.He used his hand to wade off some of them that he was oblivious of my presence. Mum's tummy was protruded surprisingly. Who could have gotten her pregnant? She passed out seeing me,she must have been deadly surprised to her marrows.In tears I ran to Charles and held him so tightly as he cried endlessly. Please my sis do not leave me,he cried. I am sorry brother but I am back to stay.After about twenty minutes ,he related to me all what has been happening trembling in my weary hands.
After you and dad left,everything went down hill.Mum made passes at me which I ignored initially.She persisted, coming to my room all the time since I decided to be staying in my room.One day I called her to order and that set my woes on track.She slapped me,telling me she made me and I must submit to her.I either dance to her music else she would make my life a living hell she said and left.Like you know, we know none of our relatives and have lived with only mum and dad all our lives.I thought I could handle this but even when it was beyond me I knew not who to tell.One day in my room at night,mum came to my room with a knife. I was half asleep and before I was fully awake ,she has overpowered me.I never wanted to injure her so that night, she raped me.After about a week, she came again to my room this time in the afternoon. I so ran backwards that before I got the reason she stopped chasing me,I was in the air heading for destruction. I woke up in Dr Sudih Pal's hospital. She had lied that I was playing with a friend.That was how I started using wheelchair. The doc told me when we spoke one on one that he wondered if I can still perform as a man.
Since that fateful day,I have never had erections unknown to mum.In my wheelchair ,mum did not give up.She most times starved me and beat me up just the way you saw her doing.Before then I had resat my exams and took postume.I got admitted to study medical rehabilitation in the University of Calabar. Mum refused my going to school and here am I useless and hopeless. I did not know how to contact dad nor you.I had no phone nor your new numbers.She is carrying my child. Believe me, all what I told you is nothing but the truth. I felt goose bumps all over. The air was stifling but I managed to spurt out "Charles,I believe you.Cry no more. I am here for you".
Re: The Fate Of The Twins (dedicated To The Sexually Abused, The Adopted And Twins) by Victoroduogu(m): 10:36pm On Sep 03, 2017
Episode 5

I went to the kitchen and came back with a knife.Charles,seeing me screamed. Although my body especially my hand trembled,I could not comprehend my mum's wickedness and this toughened me.Charles ,begged me in tears not to do what I shall forever regret.I shall avenge this wicked act Charles and gladly rot in jail. I poured mum water from the stainless cup on the table.She woke up and there I stood in front of her with a knife. She was about kneeling when I pushed her back.I am sorry my daughter ,please forgive me she said.There is no room for forgiveness in my heart now. I rather forgive the devil than you you.You did all what you did to my brother because you adopted him.I raised the knife.Please Charlotte, you are about destroying an innocent baby and my first child ever,Charles cried in pains.With my eyes closed, I stabbed mum five times shouting "Charles please forgive me".Dad came in.Seeing what was happening,he fell backward .He hit his head on the wall.His blood flowed and joined mum's under Charles foot as I watched. I ran to my lovely dad but it was too late.There was no pulse. I fell on his body.Hearing a sharp cry of pain ,I turned. Charles had used the knife from mum,on his tummy. I ran to him.I held his head,"I am sorry my sis,I cannot live to see you bear the consequence of your avenge ,my revenge.I have to join our biological parents in the other world.They can never be this callous".Charles head fell off my hands and dangling backwards in his wheelchair.

The room seemed to have been painted with blood. The air was stifling, my head spinned. I felt I was dying. My life ended while I still breath.It was the beginning of the end.I ran out of the house and felt ghosts haunting me.The last thing I remember was a navy blue Mercedes benz that hit me in front of our house.I woke up hours later in the hospital my brother was admitted when he fell off our house.In a flash,I recalled vividly all that took place.Now,I have no family. I never knew my biological parents and now my second patents are dead.My twin brother that we both slept in same womb at the same time for nine months and came out same day to face the world had left me alone.I needed no soothsayer to inform me I would not go the US again.I had nowhere and no one to run to.Tears streamed down my cheek.I could not predict the next second.Death stared at me.I waited on the hospital bed for the consequence of my avenge, my brother's revenge.I have killed ,disobeying one of the commandments but I struggled with myself for my conscience to justify my actions.

The End
Happy reading great people.Your comments and critics are always welcome

(1) (Reply)

7 DAYS (the Past Came Haunting) S01 / Premium Grammarly Accounts Available! For 1 Year. / Love On Trial.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.