Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,049 members, 7,818,156 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Could You Give Me One Piece Of Significant Evidence Of A God? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Could You Give Me One Piece Of Significant Evidence Of A God? (12924 Views)

How Significant Is Good Friday? / "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola / Chicken With Four Legs: Evidence Of Juju? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could You Give Me One Piece Of Significant Evidence Of A God? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 07, 2010
dmxqo:

Simply proof. The hierachy of being. Plant > animal > humans > smthing. That something which is greater than human (not withstanding its features and quality) is God. Man cannot be d highest because man can't control smthings e.g nature. Also, it cant be infinite since it is serial.
Definitely man couldnt av claimed to be d highest when he doesnt even av answers to all things happening in his environment.
Re: Could You Give Me One Piece Of Significant Evidence Of A God? by viaro: 7:11pm On Mar 07, 2010
toba:

Viaro we re saying samething.I mean as a theist i must provide proof for my theism&an atheist must do same simple.

Beautiful. That's just it.

Without wanting to be tedious, this line in yours is an example of what I mean by the need for us to 'determine the kind of postulations and claims that are being made' ~

If i said shade is a girl & u say shade is not.The 2 of us must prove our contradictory statements with facts to a logical point

I agree only in part. Let's arrange them again:

Proposition: what gender is 'Shade'?
       (a)  +ive:  {Shade is a girl}
       (b)  -ive:   {Shade is not a girl}

But here is the problem in 'universals': there's a third position that we have to consider ~

Proposition: what gender is 'Shade'?
       (a)  + :   {Shade is a girl}
       (b)  -  :   {Shade is not a girl}
       (c)  ¬  :   {Shade is a boy}

What has happened? Simple: the example above all tend to be argued on unnecessary 'discreets'; that is, they have narrowed the elements around 'Shade' as if their own particular values for 'Shade' are "the only possible positions" to take. Initially, neither (a) nor (b) thought that (c) was also possible - but at the end of the day, there's another position (d) that says ~

"both (a) and (c) are correct without necessarily implying that (b) is wrong".

Phew. Steady on now. . . let me show you why (d) is more sensible.

The proposition (d) has tried to consider all positions [(a) and (b) and (c) for all possible values of 'Shade']. After doing so, he (d) recognizes that within certain "domains", (a) could be correct; and within another "domain", (c) is also correct. Now, why is (b) not necessarily wrong? Simple: it all depends on which "domain" (b) is referring to between (a) and (c).

So, let me set them in simple terms:

(a) is correct for {Shade is a girl} if the 'domain' is in the Nigerian context

(c) is correct for {Shade is a boy} if the 'domain' is in the American (USA) context

now  (b) could be correct and wrong at the same time!

How is that possible for (b)?? Thanks for asking. grin  Here's how:

iff (b) has reference within the 'domain' of (a), then (b) may be wrong!

iff (b) has reference within the 'domain' of (c), then (b) may be correct!

Why is this so? Well, it is because "Shade" has reference as a name for girls in Nigeria; but the same "Shade" has reference as a name for boys in the USA! So which ever side (b) may have been referring to, it will determine where the evaluation stands for the same (b).

As regards the positing that "Shade" is a boy's name in the USA, please see the website 'NamePlayground' - it gives this summary:

Shade is represented in the Top 1000 exclusively as a boys' name.
             Total* Population in Top 1000: 41 (100.00% male, 0.00% female)
             . . . . . . . . . . . . .
             Popularity of the name Shade for Girls
             — None. —

So, as you can see, the name "Shade" has absolutely no values as a girl's name in the context of the American culture; whereas, it is "exclusively" used as a boy's name.

So, toba. . . that is the nature of 'propositional logic'. One cannot just have two "absolutes" of a positive or negative claim as regards one proposition. No. These are the steps:

*  You have first to determine the kind of proposition made;
          *  and then determine what type of approach to apply in 'logical proof',
          *  and then see which side of the proposition is saying what
          *  before drawing any inferences or conclusions.

In your example of "Shade", we first have to ask: is it a question on "universals"? And what we have found is that ~

- both (a) and (c) and (d) are all correct;

- but (b) may be both correct and wrong at the same time
          as long as we determine which domain it applies.

I hope this would prove helpful. wink
Re: Could You Give Me One Piece Of Significant Evidence Of A God? by DeepSight(m): 7:28pm On Mar 07, 2010
^^^ The foregoing would not be useful if the "Shade" referred to is a specific human being.

In the context of this debate the "God" referred to is specific and has certain pre-defined attributes E.g: Omniscience, omnipotence, pre and post existence (Eternal) etc.

This propositional logic would therefore be of no use in terms of this discourse.

Religion has defined God in terms of perceptions historically and culturally passed down.

In my view it is this definition of "God" and particularly the need, if any, to "worship" it, that the atheist validly demands proof of.

Because if God were simply stated to be "The universe" (poor, in my opinion) or "whatever caused things to exist" (such as an impersonal principle of duality spawning outwards in those terms to create positive and negative quantities) - and the requirement to "bow down" and worship was thereby eliminated: then i doubt that any atheist would demand proof for such.

But when you define God as an Old Man sitting in the sky who has a Jewish son called Jesus (who is also God), and who delights in a painful and unjust world or who will send people to hell for not belonging to a particular religion then I stand with the Atheist in stating clearly that no such God exists and that this can only be a contrivance of the imagination or st.upidity of mankind.

In short, Russell's Tea pot is about as likely as such a God; and you darn better produce the proof if you expect people to believe in such tall tales.

Though frankly people have believed worse.
Re: Could You Give Me One Piece Of Significant Evidence Of A God? by viaro: 8:52pm On Mar 07, 2010
Deep Sight:

^^^ The foregoing would not be useful if the "Shade" referred to is a specific human being.

Your remark is absolutely irrelevant, because no one here is talking about "a specific human being". What toba has posited was clear: "If i said shade is a girl", and that is a simple propositional statement in epistemic logic. You only react suddenly without prior thought and end up displaying irrelevance to what has gone before. Please try to read carefully and consider issues before you respond. Thanks.

In the context of this debate the "God" referred to is specific and has certain pre-defined attributes E.g: Omniscience, omnipotence, pre and post existence (Eternal) etc.

It is not "specific" merely by attributes. For any number of 'gods' (which is not a specific 'God') could also be said to have those 'certain predefined attributes' - and yet we know that the worldviews espousing such 'god(s)/God'  are not intoning any specific deity that answers to ALL. This is where the problem of 'universals' come up, and that is why the informed atheists generally asks the question: "which one of the millions of gods should we then focus on?" It doesn't matter that any number of gods out of the millions is/are given any pre-defined attributes - for atheism, the question goes deeper than that. . . much more deeper than that.

This propositional logic would therefore be of no use in terms of this discourse.

You absolutely have no understanding in the faintest about what "propositional logic" is. Go and find out - it may help.

Religion has defined God in terms of perceptions historically and culturally passed down.

Which 'religion'? Which 'God' has been defined? Not all worldviews deem themselves to be a 'religion'; and not all worldviews use the term 'God' in the same reference to mean the same thing. Your postulations are far too broad and have no specifics.

In my view it is this definition of "God" and particularly the need, if any, to "worship" it, that the atheist validly demands proof of.

No. Thrice remakably wrong. Any atheist here may nod his/her head just to amuse you on that statement; but like I said earlier, "for atheism, the question goes deeper than that". The question of worship is one of the least concerns of an atheist. There are bigger questions that the atheist asks today: it is not merely about definitions here and there, but about the ultimate question of existence. 'How do we know that God exists' is the core question - and rather not such questions as 'what is the definition of God'? There are atheists to whom the word 'god' is no problem at all, for in their own philosophy of ideas they use the word loosely. The example of Einstein who appeals to Spinoza's 'god' is a ready reference: it simple comes down to god being nature.

Because if God were simply stated to be "The universe" (poor, in my opinion) or "whatever caused things to exist" (such as an impersonal principle of duality spawning outwards in those terms to create positive and negative quantities) - and the requirement to "bow down" and worship was thereby eliminated: then i doubt that any atheist would demand proof for such.

That is simply because the postulations of any such 'impersonal principle' would be meaningless to the atheistic mind. The 'impersonal principle' could be any reference to any number of naturalistic principle without reference to the question of 'God' or 'worship'. wink

But when you define God as an Old Man sitting in the sky who has a Jewish son called Jesus (who is also God), and who delights in a painful and unjust world or who will send people to hell for not belonging to a particular religion then I stand with the Atheist in stating clearly that no such God exists and that this can only be a contrivance of the imagination or st.upidity of mankind.

Perhaps your god 'delights' in such a painful world - and that is why deism is quite a laugh in serious discourses.

In short, Russell's Tea pot is about as likely as such a God; and you darn better produce the proof if you expect people to believe in such tall tales.

lol, when someone like you could postulate Russell's teapot to be 'as likely as such a God', you inadvertently knock out any refernece to your own worldview. None of the appealer's to Russell's teapot ever believe in its existence - NONE. That is why your own proof for your own OOI falls within the purview of such a sterile fallacy. If you stand face to face to posit anything for your own 'god'  what 'proof' would you give other than a mathematically suicidal tale? I would be very interested in that proof of yours - without appeal to anyone else. Stand and let's talk about that.

Though frankly people have believed worse.

Yes, if you consider your OOI. wink
Re: Could You Give Me One Piece Of Significant Evidence Of A God? by thehomer: 9:26pm On Mar 07, 2010
toba:

vivid information is perceived&felt with immediate experience.God gave us wind which is felt with immediate experience

You've still not said anything. Wind is air in motion which is felt due to its impact on the skin.

toba:

thehomer.The data provided by God is d wind&air

Please explain.

toba:

Im sure dis questn is a rhetoric,u should av directed it to your self.U would recall my asking u on d previous page if 'information could come from non information' you said yes&gave an eg of data&climate which viaro flawed completly.Your response presumes your knowing what non information is.Asking again will make me assume dat atheists are confused folks dat knows d TRUTH but ignorantly want to avoid it

No it's not a rhetorical question.
It seems that I do not know what [b]you [/b]mean by "non-information" since you disagree with my definition of non-information you could simply provide yours for clarification.
Re: Could You Give Me One Piece Of Significant Evidence Of A God? by DeepSight(m): 9:29pm On Mar 07, 2010
viaro:

. . . and that is why deism is quite a laugh in serious discourses.

Really? What would you consider "serious?"

Let's look at two sets of beliefs; and see which emerges as more "Serious"

SET 1. - Christianity

A. God Exists.

B. He has  Jewish Son

C. The Jewish Son was born by a woman who did not copulate prior to that

D. The Jewish son is God

E. The Jewish son was judicially sentenced and murdered by the Romans

F. That murder results in mankind being redeemed - if they will embrace the Jewish son

G. Those who do not embrace the Jewish son will go to a place of Torment called Hell

SET 2. - Deism

A. God Exists.

B. God is the Supreme Deity and created all that exists.

C. The purposes of God can be discerned from his creation – nature.

D. Reason and rationalism are useful tools in understanding existence

E. The purpose of creation is Harmony.

So! I leave it to the objective reader to determine which worldview looks “Serious!”
Re: Could You Give Me One Piece Of Significant Evidence Of A God? by ayettymama(f): 9:31pm On Mar 07, 2010
the fool has saith in his heart that there is no God

smh
Re: Could You Give Me One Piece Of Significant Evidence Of A God? by thehomer: 9:35pm On Mar 07, 2010
@ viaro
So please tell me what "non-information" is with examples.

Since you understand your subject so well, what are your postulates about God other than his being a metaphysical entity.

You're also yet to tell us what your metaphysical God does here on earth.
Before you start speaking of reducing him to the physical, you should remember that he reduced himself to the physical by e.g performing miracles, commissioning people to write his "words" and allowing so many inconsistencies in his "words".

And you're yet to present your evidence whether by logic or metaphysics or any other means.
Re: Could You Give Me One Piece Of Significant Evidence Of A God? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Mar 07, 2010
thehomer:

You've still not said anything. Wind is air in motion which is felt due to its impact on the skin.

Who do u think is behind d force controlling d wind that is being felt&where do u think it comes from or goes to?
Re: Could You Give Me One Piece Of Significant Evidence Of A God? by DeepSight(m): 9:47pm On Mar 07, 2010
thehomer:

And you're yet to present your evidence whether by logic or metaphysics or any other means.

Yep. . .10 pages and running. . . and beyond stating that it's a metaphysical subject, not a single tot has he offered. . .that's his style, bear with him - long talk, big grammar and zero substance. Not so much as ONE SINGLE LOGICAL ARGUMENT for God's existence.

@ thehomer -

Come have a look at this video and see if it offers you some substantive thought on the logical and necessary existence of God.

I refer to the third video in the third post of this thread -

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-409321.0.html
Re: Could You Give Me One Piece Of Significant Evidence Of A God? by thehomer: 9:51pm On Mar 07, 2010
toba:

Who do u think is behind d force controlling d wind that is being felt&where do u think it comes from or goes to?

Wind is generated by various occurrences e.g difference in temperature, terrain variability, rotation of the earth etc.
Re: Could You Give Me One Piece Of Significant Evidence Of A God? by viaro: 9:57pm On Mar 07, 2010
Deep Sight:

Really? What would you consider "serious?"

Let's look at two sets of beliefs; and see which emerges as more "Serious"

SET 1. - Christianity

A. God Exists.

B. He has  Jewish Son

D. The Jewish son is God

F. That murder results in mankind being redeemed - if they will embrace the Jewish son

G. Those who do not embrace the Jewish son will go to a place of Torment called Hell

SET 2. - Deism

A. God Exists.

B. God is the Supreme Deity and created all that exists.

C. The purposes of God can be discerned from his creation – nature.

D. Reason and rationalism are useful tools in understanding existence

E. The purpose of creation is Harmony.

So! I leave it to the objective reader to determine which worldview looks “Serious!”

Dude, this thread is not about deism. There is a thread you opened on your deism - you should have posted it there and spew all the garbage you wanted to. Even here, your postulations are quite skewed when it comes to epistemic logic: that was what I wanted you to sort out.

Let me sort a the basic nature of propositional logic by reminding you of what I stated earlier:

*  You have first to determine the kind of proposition made;
         *  and then determine what type of approach to apply in 'logical proof',
         *  and then see which side of the proposition is saying what
         *  before drawing any inferences or conclusions.

Of course, you did not even consider your laughable comparison - it could hardly stand to make a pass mark in any introductory class for logic. To jumble anything together and make them elements of 'propositional logic' is quite simply the biggest laugh going. grin

So, with particular examples to show whether or not you have the faintest clue of propositional logic in philosophy, let's outline just two from what you compared:

A: God Exists.

This is a basic question on 'universals' - so it does not matter which particular worldview questions that proposition as a metaphysical question. Whether deism, theism, pantheism, etc., it is a proposition of a 'universal' rather than a comparison of charts on particular modes of beliefs or systems of beliefs. This is the reason why your bragado about epistemic logic is a fantasy - an absolute laugh indeed. You just don't have a clue about the basics of logic and are just yapping about. wink

B:  God is the Supreme Deity and created all that exists.

Is that an "exclusive" of deism? You make me laugh. What propositional logic is being postulated in 'B' above - that deism lays claim to 'B' but Christianity does not? You really need to go see a psychiatrist. grin

Besides, the question is not between 'deism' and Christianity. Even if we allow for your comparison, you have posited two elementals that are on a logical fallacy. Christianity is one type of theism; and deism is not a 'type' of the deistic worldview (such as DeepSight's deism, luciferan deism, dark deism, or pandeism). . . unless you wnat to deny there are different types of deism.

You actually have no background understanding of logic, dude. It might help if you tried to school up a bit before you display any bragado and become a further laugh.
Re: Could You Give Me One Piece Of Significant Evidence Of A God? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 07, 2010
thehomer:

Wind is generated by various occurrences e.g difference in temperature, terrain variability, rotation of the earth etc.
Indeed.Now tell me where the wind blows from&where it blows to.
Re: Could You Give Me One Piece Of Significant Evidence Of A God? by viaro: 10:04pm On Mar 07, 2010
thehomer:

@ viaro
So please tell me what "non-information" is with examples.

Since you understand your subject so well, what are your postulates about God other than his being a metaphysical entity.

You're also yet to tell us what your metaphysical God does here on earth.
Before you start speaking of reducing him to the physical, you should remember that he reduced himself to the physical by e.g performing miracles, commissioning people to write his "words" and allowing so many inconsistencies in his "words".

Hello thehomer,

I'm sorry that your discussion has not yielded any fruit and that was why I let you be. Instead of going round in circles between propositions, I would rather discuss with others and grasp some substance from theirs.

If, on the other hand you would oblige me my request, I would be most glad to engage you. I cannot be repeating my request and only coming back to see your non-compliance.

As for the information bit, I can't think of information coming from non-information. Since you were quick to shout a confident "yes" to toba's question, I took you up on that just out of interest to see how you come up with any - ANY - such examples for your affirmation. So far, all the examples you have proffered have not stood for your own arguments, I'm afraid.

So, when and as you may oblige me my request, then I shall be glad to further this discussion with you.

Cheers.
Re: Could You Give Me One Piece Of Significant Evidence Of A God? by DeepSight(m): 10:06pm On Mar 07, 2010
viaro:

Dude, this thread is not about deism. There is a thread you opened on your deism - you should have posted it there and spew all the garbage you wanted to. Even here, your postulations are quite skewed when it comes to epistemic logic: that was what I wanted you to sort out.

Let me sort a the basic nature of propositional logic by reminding you of what I stated earlier:

*  You have first to determine the kind of proposition made;
         *  and then determine what type of approach to apply in 'logical proof',
         *  and then see which side of the proposition is saying what
         *  before drawing any inferences or conclusions.

Of course, you did not even consider your laughable comparison - it could hardly stand to make a pass mark in any introductory class for logic. To jumble anything together and make them elements of 'propositional logic' is quite simply the biggest laugh going. grin

So, with particular examples to show whether or not you have the faintest clue of propositional logic in philosophy, let's outline just two from what you compared:

A: God Exists.

This is a basic question on 'universals' - so it does not matter which particular worldview questions that proposition as a metaphysical question. Whether deism, theism, pantheism, etc., it is a proposition of a 'universal' rather than a comparison of charts on particular modes of beliefs or systems of beliefs. This is the reason why your bragado about epistemic logic is a fantasy - an absolute laugh indeed. You just don't have a clue about the basics of logic and are just yapping about. wink

B:  God is the Supreme Deity and created all that exists.

Is that an "exclusive" of deism? You make me laugh. What propositional logic is being postulated in 'B' above - that deism lays claim to 'B' but Christianity does not? You really need to go see a psychiatrist. grin

Besides, the question is not between 'deism' and Christianity. Even if we allow for your comparison, you have posited two elementals that are on a logical fallacy. Christianity is one type of theism; and deism is not a 'type' of the deistic worldview (such as DeepSight's deism, luciferan deism, dark deism, or pandeism). . . unless you wnat to deny there are different types of deism.

You actually have no background understanding of logic, dude. It might help if you tried to school up a bit before you display any bragado and become a further laugh.

Hey, why the long story? Did i tell you i was into propsitional logic? Did i tell you i was using such?

You made a simple statement. You stated that Deism is a laugh in serious discourses.

I set out the essentials of Christianity and the essentials of Deism.

I left it at that for peeps to judge which worldview looked more ridiculous.

Was that too much for you to handle?
Re: Could You Give Me One Piece Of Significant Evidence Of A God? by viaro: 10:12pm On Mar 07, 2010
Deep Sight:

Yep. . .10 pages and running. . . and beyond stating that it's a metaphysical subject, not a single tot has he offered. . .that's his style, bear with him - long talk, big grammar and zero substance. Not so much as ONE SINGLE LOGICAL ARGUMENT for God's existence.

Rabid twerps like you just jump to conclusions where they have never ever first considered what discussions have been held previously. Not even here in your bragado have you tried to show any understanding of any point of philosophy. NONE. I actually sympathise with you plight . . .  because the bold in your quote is precisely what happens when you try to dribble and hoodwink the public reader on your deistic OOI.

Where have you ever proffered any sensible substance for your own OOI after several pages and running from thread to thread on the same subject?  Of course, there's none - rather, you only post long redundancies between collapsible "singularities". . to mathematically suicidal "infinities". . . to "nothingness" craftily and magically becoming "somethingness". Dude, please stay on . . you're the best laugh I ever came across! grin
Re: Could You Give Me One Piece Of Significant Evidence Of A God? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Mar 07, 2010
Enough deepsight&viaro pls show some respect&lets maintain d topic of discussion
Re: Could You Give Me One Piece Of Significant Evidence Of A God? by viaro: 10:19pm On Mar 07, 2010
Deep Sight:

Hey, why the long story? Did i tell you i was into propsitional logic? Did i tell you i was using such?

Are you BLIND? Did I not clearly mention "propositional logic" in my reply to toba before you vroomed into a discourse that was no concern of yours? Next time come with the same idiocy and then ask in hindsight what was going on - you've never done anything better anyways.

You made a simple statement. You stated that Deism is a laugh in serious discourses.

I did - and if you were blind, it is little wonder that you failed to consider what was going on before you entered with your bragado.

I set out the essentials of Christianity and the essentials of Deism.

Which was a fallacy - and I explained how. Want me to repost it or you want to again affirm you're too blind to see it?

I left it at that for peeps to judge which worldview looked more ridiculous.

I spared you on that but only set it plainly for anyone to see why your adventures are quite misplaced. What warranted all that silliness from you following my reply to toba? Just what? You reply without your thinking cap and you get what comes to you. Next time you want to be such an idiot, pick someone else that will easily allow you get away with your duplicity.

Was that too much for you to handle?

Did it look like I could not handle my subject?  cheesy
Re: Could You Give Me One Piece Of Significant Evidence Of A God? by viaro: 10:20pm On Mar 07, 2010
toba:

Enough deepsight&viaro pls show some respect&lets maintain d topic of discussion

I am willing to do so if DeepSight can learn to respect himself. If he cannot, I won't take trash from him. Enough of his idiocy.
Re: Could You Give Me One Piece Of Significant Evidence Of A God? by thehomer: 10:22pm On Mar 07, 2010
viaro:

Hello thehomer,

I'm sorry that your discussion has not yielded any fruit and that was why I let you be. Instead of going round in circles between propositions, I would rather discuss with others and grasp some substance from theirs.

If, on the other hand you would oblige me my request, I would be most glad to engage you. I cannot be repeating my request and only coming back to see your non-compliance.

As for the information bit, I can't think of information coming from non-information. Since you were quick to shout a confident "yes" to toba's question, I took you up on that just out of interest to see how you come up with any - ANY - such examples for your affirmation. So far, all the examples you have proffered have not stood for your own arguments, I'm afraid.

So, when and as you may oblige me my request, then I shall be glad to further this discussion with you.

Cheers.

You still did not answer any of the questions I asked. I asked what "non-information" was because our definitions may be different. This would have led to some understanding but you just said information could not arise from it. Well what is it?

And you've simply not answered any of my questions despite the fact that I answered several of yours.
So good luck to you and your belief in the belief of a Christian miracle working physical and metaphysical God.
Re: Could You Give Me One Piece Of Significant Evidence Of A God? by DeepSight(m): 10:22pm On Mar 07, 2010
viaro:

I am willing to do so if DeepSight can learn to respect himself. If he cannot, I won't take trash from him. Enough of his idiocy.

Wow. All this just because the essentials of your religion are pointed out -

Viz:

SET 1. - Christianity

A. God Exists.

B. He has  Jewish Son

D. The Jewish son is God

Looks silly, don't it?  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Could You Give Me One Piece Of Significant Evidence Of A God? by viaro: 10:24pm On Mar 07, 2010
thehomer:

You still did not answer any of the questions I asked. I asked what "non-information" was because our definitions may be different. This would have led to some understanding but you just said information could not arise from it. Well what is it?

And you've simply not answered any of my questions despite the fact that I answered several of yours.
So good luck to you and your belief in the belief of a Christian miracle working physical and metaphysical God.

I have addressed so many of your assertions in this thread. It is time you started addressing questions from others. Not once in countless repetitions have you obliged the one request I made; and if you cannot do so, I won't take any notice of your calls to discuss this subject until you do so.
Re: Could You Give Me One Piece Of Significant Evidence Of A God? by viaro: 10:25pm On Mar 07, 2010
Deep Sight:

Viz:

SET 1. - Christianity

A. God Exists.

B. He has Jewish Son

D. The Jewish son is God

Looks silly, don't it? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

And where is your logic in all that? Repeating yourself after having been addressed is quite a childish game to play - and I don't really have any hopes you would act grown up. So enjoy. wink
Re: Could You Give Me One Piece Of Significant Evidence Of A God? by DeepSight(m): 10:29pm On Mar 07, 2010
Yep, looks silly, dont it?

Jewish man is dead so now we can all have eternal life.

Wow!
Re: Could You Give Me One Piece Of Significant Evidence Of A God? by noetic16(m): 10:37pm On Mar 07, 2010
Deep Sight:

Viz:

SET 1. - Christianity

A. God Exists.

B. He has  Jewish Son

D. The Jewish son is God

Looks silly, don't it?  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1. 1 corth 1:18 states that the gospel is silly to those who perish. . . . , the silliness of the above is not a new thing.

2. do u think that man and all that is in existence is in perfect harmony with  its creator? if yes. . why?.
if no. . . why not?

3. would I be wrong to trace your position (as to the silliness of the gospel) to your preconceived notions. perhaps u assumed that if the world needed redemption it should be by simple spiritual grace (at the discretion of the creator) without the need for a human sacrifice like Jesus. . . or perhaps u do not see the need for a human salvation at all.
what ever your preconceived notions are (that serve as a basis for your belief in the silliness of the xtian gospel) would it not totally contradict your ontological belief in God, to assume that u have a better idea than  God? since deism accepts the existence of God. . .how then do u explain your ability to have better plans than Him?

4. can u think of a seventh organ necessary for man to survive on this planet.   why do u think the creator did not create this organ?
Re: Could You Give Me One Piece Of Significant Evidence Of A God? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 07, 2010
viaro:

I have addressed so many of your assertions in this thread. It is time you started addressing questions from others. Not once in countless repetitions have you obliged the one request I made; and if you cannot do so, I won't take any notice of your calls to discuss this subject until you do so.
thats exactly what i told u about d dude&atheists in general.They av no logical proof of their claim of Gods non existence.Chating with atheists makes no sense&thats what d dude has displayed on this thread.He couldnt point out an evidence showing Gods non existence.
Re: Could You Give Me One Piece Of Significant Evidence Of A God? by viaro: 11:10pm On Mar 07, 2010
toba:

thats exactly what i told u about d dude&atheists in general.They av no logical proof of their claim of Gods non existence.Chating with atheists makes no sense&thats what d dude has displayed on this thread.He couldnt point out an evidence showing Gods non existence.

Well, please forgive me, my brother. I made a terrible mistake thinking he would be different and reasonable, since not all atheists are stereotypical of most others (I've spoken with quite a few who're sensible). I just regret not having listened to you guys earlier, even after odunni remarked about the same thing.  undecided
Re: Could You Give Me One Piece Of Significant Evidence Of A God? by noetic16(m): 6:45pm On Mar 08, 2010
where is deepsight?
Re: Could You Give Me One Piece Of Significant Evidence Of A God? by noetic16(m): 7:11pm On Mar 09, 2010
noetic16:

where is deepsight?
Re: Could You Give Me One Piece Of Significant Evidence Of A God? by DeepSight(m): 4:10pm On Mar 10, 2010
noetic16:

1. 1 corth 1:18 states that the gospel is silly to those who perish. . . . , the silliness of the above is not a new thing.

This can equally be used to defend the Hindu idea that cows are divine, no?

That idea sounds silly to the non-Hindu. . . perhaps we can conclude that the Hindu “gospel” is “silly” to you who will perish? ? ? ?

2. do u think that man and all that is in existence is in perfect harmony with its creator? if yes. . why?.
if no. . . why not?

No: man is clearly not in perfect harmony with the purposes of the creator, in my view.

I believe that the reason is simply man’s exercise of his freewill in a negative direction.

Nevertheless I am shortly opening a thread on what may really be considered harmony. Do you think there is harmony in the wild?

3. would I be wrong to trace your position (as to the silliness of the gospel) to your preconceived notions. perhaps u assumed that if the world needed redemption it should be by simple spiritual grace (at the discretion of the creator) without the need for a human sacrifice like Jesus. . .

Well there you have it. . . you have plainly said – “the need for a HUMAN SACRIFICE” –

Do you believe God to be a ritualist who is into human sacrifices? ? ? ? ?

what ever your preconceived notions are (that serve as a basis for your belief in the silliness of the xtian gospel) would it not totally contradict your ontological belief in God, to assume that u have a better idea than God? since deism accepts the existence of God. . .how then do u explain your ability to have better plans than Him?

I can be certain that human sacrifice is not a plan that would emanate from God.

4. can u think of a seventh organ necessary for man to survive on this planet. why do u think the creator did not create this organ?

I can think of no such organ. And this proves the point that the creator has set his laws in motion and made a perfect creation which works according to his laws.

One of such laws is the law of Karma – which Jesus himself affirmed in saying “verily verily I say unto you, whatsoever a man sows, the same shall he reap.”

It is thus impossible that God would violate his own perfect laws by bringing someone else to reap the evil that man has sown through a human sacrifice.

Barbaric ain’t it?
Re: Could You Give Me One Piece Of Significant Evidence Of A God? by noetic16(m): 8:23pm On Mar 10, 2010
uhmn. . .quite evasive IMO
Re: Could You Give Me One Piece Of Significant Evidence Of A God? by viaro: 9:59pm On Mar 10, 2010
noetic16:

uhmn. . .quite evasive IMO

I don't think you should've expected anything better.

Deep Sight:

This can equally be used to defend the Hindu idea that cows are divine, no?

Do Hindus quote Biblical verses to preach any idea in Hinduism?

That idea sounds silly to the non-Hindu. . . perhaps we can conclude that the Hindu “gospel” is “silly” to you who will perish? ? ? ?

Where has a Hindu told you anything about their escatology on matters of "gospel" or "perish" based on any verse of the Bible?

One of such laws is the law of Karma – which Jesus himself affirmed in saying “verily verily I say unto you, whatsoever a man sows, the same shall he reap.”

First of all, the passage you're trying misquote is found in Paul's epistle of Galatians 6:7 - "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." That was not a direct quote of Jesus - so adding your own "verily verily I say unto you" to make it appear or sound exegetically Biblical is dubious on your part. That expression {"Verily, verily, I say unto thee"} is peculiarly the style employed in John's Gospel - that was why I could quickly sort you out on that, and prolly why you just dribbled that twist of yours and left no direct reference! Dude, please play it easy with your misquotes.

Second, Jesus never "affirmed" the law of karma in any verse of the Gospel. None. Karma itself is regarded as "a belief in Hinduism and Buddhism that the way you behaved in past lives affects your present life, and the way you behave in this life will affect your future lives" [MacMillan English Dictionary]; and the likely misquote attributing it to Christ's affirmation could be sourced from various people who just argue this notion for granted and never show you where in the Bible such a quote {"verily verily I say unto you . . ."} is to be found for your Karma (see this example of the Vedanta Society of Southern California).

We have debated this whole garboil about reincarnation ideologies and factually demonstrated that the idea of ascribing karma or reincarnation to Christ is a farce. Especially so is the case when you are trying to gull the public with misquotes that you do not reference. What verse in the Bible (apart from Paul's Gal. 6:7) has Jesus Himself "affirming" your idea by this quote: "verily verily I say unto you, whatsoever a man sows, the same shall he reap"?? Where is that verse showing that it was "Jesus Himself" stating what you ascribed to Him?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Pastor Lazarus Muoka Storms Osun State For A 1day Heavenly Encounter. / The Story Of Moses: Bible And Quran' Be The Judge / The Many Mistakes Of Apostle Paul's Teachings: Mistake No. 7 Correction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.