Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

World Igbo Congress Admitted To UN Body - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Igbo Congress Admitted To UN Body (2344 Views)

Igbo Congress Blasts Buhari, Wants Miyetti Allah Declared Terrorist Organisation / Nnamdi Kanu Solicit For Guns To Fight Nigeria At World Igbo Congress / Peter Obi Arrives Late To World Igbo Congress. See What He Did Next (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Igbo Congress Admitted To UN Body by Erotik(m): 7:05pm On Aug 29, 2017
The World Igbo Congress (WIC), a non-governmental organisation (NGO), has been admitted into the United Nations’ EEconomic and Social Council (COSOC).
Acho Orabuchi, the Media Director of WIC, announced this in a statement in New York on Tuesday.
The statement said WIC’s admission took place during a regular session of the world body in Geneva on Tuesday.

“The world body unanimously voted to ratify the admission of WIC into the ECOSOC of the UN on a Special Consultative Status,’’ it said.
Article 71 of the UN Charter opened the door, providing for suitable arrangements for consultation with NGOs.

To be eligible for consultative status, an NGO must have been in existence for at least two years and must have an established headquarters.
Being in existence means being officially registered with the appropriate government authorities as an NGO or non-profit body.

Also, for an NGO to gain this status, it must have, among others, a democratically-adopted constitution and authority to speak for its members.
It must also have a representative structure, appropriate mechanisms of accountability and democratic and transparent decision-making processes.
The basic resources of the organisation must be derived, in the main part, from contributions of the national affiliates or other components or from individual members.

“With the status, the body now has the opportunity to take advantage of the economic development programmes of several UN agencies that partner with NGOs under the ECOSOC arrangement,” WIC said in the statement.

It added that WIC would utilise the resources of the UN organs that deal with social issues, which would help the group deal with Igbo social and economic issues.

The statement said the Committee on Non-Governmental Organisations (NGO) had in February recommended the admission of WIC.

It stated Anthony Ejiofor, the Executive Director of WIC, received calls on the admission of WIC from both Geneva and New York.

According to the body, leaders of the Committee on NGO indicated in the calls that they had been monitoring WIC activities.

It added that the callers to Mr. Ejiofor assured WIC that they would help the organisation make the most use of its new status.

The statement also quoted the Chairman of WIC, Joe Eto, as describing the admission as “definitely a rare feat”.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/entertainment/93639-world_igbo_congress_admitted_to_un_body.html

7 Likes

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted To UN Body by mesoprogress(m): 7:11pm On Aug 29, 2017
Good development. One day, I hope we have an Igbo nation comprising of true Igbo sons and daughters.

I care less about biafra

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted To UN Body by zionmade1: 7:14pm On Aug 29, 2017
Good that the world is recognizing Igbos. Wen Joseph's brothers sold him they didnt know they expedited his journey to greatness

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted To UN Body by SaiNigeria: 7:17pm On Aug 29, 2017
When will they admit the Arewa youths

OPC nko

There's a huge difference between being local and international Player.

The reason Abiola declared himself president in the local Orile village

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted To UN Body by Udo8(m): 7:21pm On Aug 29, 2017
Proudly igbo cool cool

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted To UN Body by bedspread: 7:26pm On Aug 29, 2017
THE REJECTED STONE IS NOW THE CHIEF CORNER STONE....

NAIRALANDERS, I AM A BLESSING TO THIS FORUM

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted To UN Body by Ojiofor: 7:29pm On Aug 29, 2017
Congratulations to WIC.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted To UN Body by Built2last: 7:30pm On Aug 29, 2017
Go in and press the right buttons.deploy the power of deplomacy and negotiation till we get there.

The struggle is good when its approached from all fronts but violence

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted To UN Body by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 29, 2017
cc
Markfemi2
oladeebo
Omenka
Omenkalives
T8ksy
T9ksy
Alcatraz005
ngeneukwenu
Erotik:
The World Igbo Congress (WIC), a non-governmental organisation (NGO), has been admitted into the United Nations’ EEconomic and Social Council (COSOC).
Acho Orabuchi, the Media Director of WIC, announced this in a statement in New York on Tuesday.
The statement said WIC’s admission took place during a regular session of the world body in Geneva on Tuesday.

“The world body unanimously voted to ratify the admission of WIC into the ECOSOC of the UN on a Special Consultative Status,’’ it said.
Article 71 of the UN Charter opened the door, providing for suitable arrangements for consultation with NGOs.

To be eligible for consultative status, an NGO must have been in existence for at least two years and must have an established headquarters.
Being in existence means being officially registered with the appropriate government authorities as an NGO or non-profit body.

Also, for an NGO to gain this status, it must have, among others, a democratically-adopted constitution and authority to speak for its members.
It must also have a representative structure, appropriate mechanisms of accountability and democratic and transparent decision-making processes.
The basic resources of the organisation must be derived, in the main part, from contributions of the national affiliates or other components or from individual members.

“With the status, the body now has the opportunity to take advantage of the economic development programmes of several UN agencies that partner with NGOs under the ECOSOC arrangement,” WIC said in the statement.

It added that WIC would utilise the resources of the UN organs that deal with social issues, which would help the group deal with Igbo social and economic issues.

The statement said the Committee on Non-Governmental Organisations (NGO) had in February recommended the admission of WIC.

It stated Anthony Ejiofor, the Executive Director of WIC, received calls on the admission of WIC from both Geneva and New York.

According to the body, leaders of the Committee on NGO indicated in the calls that they had been monitoring WIC activities.

It added that the callers to Mr. Ejiofor assured WIC that they would help the organisation make the most use of its new status.

The statement also quoted the Chairman of WIC, Joe Eto, as describing the admission as “definitely a rare feat”.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/entertainment/93639-world_igbo_congress_admitted_to_un_body.html

2 Likes

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted To UN Body by mpianya39(m): 7:40pm On Aug 29, 2017
Proudly nwafor igbo cool cool cool

Perfect decision kiss kiss kiss

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted To UN Body by kenny987(f): 7:42pm On Aug 29, 2017
Beautiful development. We will continue to grow from strength to strength.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted To UN Body by mpianya39(m): 7:44pm On Aug 29, 2017
SaiNigeria:

OPC nko

You mean the greatest son of the falling hydraulic soup angle grin grin grin

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted To UN Body by DIFY20(f): 7:58pm On Aug 29, 2017
Hope afonjas are seeing this

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted To UN Body by oilyngbati(m): 8:01pm On Aug 29, 2017
When I say afon, what sayeth thou? grin

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted To UN Body by IgboticGirl(f): 8:05pm On Aug 29, 2017
Children of hate and envy will soon come now to measure dick with igbos

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted To UN Body by IgboticGirl(f): 8:06pm On Aug 29, 2017
I don't want to hear anything like Biafra here oooo

2 Likes

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted To UN Body by kenny987(f): 8:07pm On Aug 29, 2017
oilyngbati:

ja, ja, ja!!! Or is it njo now? grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted To UN Body by kenny987(f): 8:08pm On Aug 29, 2017
IgboticGirl:
I don't want to hear anything like Biafra here oooo

Na u start am na, who send u?

3 Likes

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted To UN Body by Nonaira1: 8:10pm On Aug 29, 2017
SaiNigeria:

OPC nko

Jeez!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I keep wondering why I can't avoid this forum. I can see it's because of the laugh I get here.

Nwoke you have bad mouth ooo.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted To UN Body by Dillusionist(m): 8:10pm On Aug 29, 2017
good development. ..keep it going, ,the sun shall rise again

4 Likes

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted To UN Body by Dillusionist(m): 8:12pm On Aug 29, 2017
SaiNigeria:

OPC nko

hahahahahahahhahahaha..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted To UN Body by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 29, 2017
Igbo nile, kwenu!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted To UN Body by Osucoward: 8:17pm On Aug 29, 2017
oilyngbati:
mpianya39:

You mean the greatest son of the falling hydraulic soup angle grin grin grin

If you reply these children of hate very well, they'll run to the mods to delete your posts.

No time for Biafran cowards....

Did Arewa or OPC file to join the UN Body?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted To UN Body by Basic123: 8:18pm On Aug 29, 2017
They created a thread for themselves and have shouted Afonja 10 times already.

yIGBOs and fear of Afonja are

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted To UN Body by MalcoImX: 8:18pm On Aug 29, 2017
It's now an achievement for an NGO to be admitted into a UN body.
Any NGO is eligible, even market women's associations.

3 Likes

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted To UN Body by Osucoward: 8:22pm On Aug 29, 2017
Basic123:
They created a thread for themselves and shouted Afonja 10 times already.

yIGBOs and fear of Afonja are

Don't mind them.

When Yorubas reply them with the same toxicity, they run to the mods for deliverance or start acting like victims.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted To UN Body by Tkester: 8:40pm On Aug 29, 2017
Congrats to Afonjas, see what your envy has caused.

1 Like

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted To UN Body by Osucoward: 8:43pm On Aug 29, 2017
Tkester:
Congrats to Afonjas, see what your envy has caused.

Which envy? These ipod clowns are funny as hell.

1 Like

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted To UN Body by SaiNigeria: 8:44pm On Aug 29, 2017
Nonaira1:

Jeez!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I keep wondering why I can't avoid this forum. I can see it's because of the laugh I get here.

Nwoke you have bad mouth ooo.

But I no lie na..... MKO read his declaration speech and at same time peeping through the window in Orile

8 Likes

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted To UN Body by DabuIIIT: 8:53pm On Aug 29, 2017
oilyngbati:
thou sayeth ja... lolss grin grin

1 Like

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted To UN Body by DabuIIIT: 8:57pm On Aug 29, 2017
Basic123:
They created a thread for themselves and shouted Afonja 10 times already.

yIGBOs and fear afonja
Osucoward:

Don't mind them.

When Yorubas reply them with the same toxicity, they run to the mods for deliverance or start acting like victims.
Osucoward:

Which envy? These ipod clowns are funny as hell.
grin

2 Likes

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted To UN Body by DocHMD: 9:04pm On Aug 29, 2017
SaiNigeria:

But I no lie na..... MKO read his declaration speech and at same time peeping through the window in Orile

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Terrorism: IPOBLOGIC Apologises To Nigerians / How Orji Uzor Kalu Outsmarted APC / Why Are Nigerians Not Celebrating Buhari's Win Like They Did In 2015?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.