Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

For The Ladies: How Your Parents’ Decisions Could Keep You Unmarried - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For The Ladies: How Your Parents’ Decisions Could Keep You Unmarried (575 Views)

How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? / What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? / How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

For The Ladies: How Your Parents’ Decisions Could Keep You Unmarried by wealthyhrt: 10:26pm On Aug 29, 2017
Parents have important roles in the life of a child of which one of such major roles include providing direction and guidelines to enable the child grow without having to make too many mistakes in life. The importance of providing direction for a child can never be over emphasized but I think that some parents cross their “boundaries” in this aspect, especially, when it comes to choosing a career and a life partner. Do not get me wrong. It is not bad for a caring parent to advise her children on the need to choose responsible partners considering the fact that marriage is a lifetime decision. In the same vein, helping a child choose a career path as a parent is an important role but I am more interested in the marriage aspect.

Parents decisions could be limiting

A family friend told us how her parents insisted that she must marry a man from the same state and village. Funny enough, some guys have come into her life but she wouldn’t give them room as soon as she discovers that they are not from the same state. Very soon she will be in her early thirties and her parents are admonishing her to be patient although, sometimes they ask her when she would be going to her husband’s house.
The real life story above is also a major challenge in Africa, most especially Nigeria where most parents would want to run the lives of their children from childhood till death do them part. Sometimes parents take undue advantage of their children’s obedience and respect to place them on some level of bondage that is not even biblical but solely selfish. I asked the lady in the above story a few question and I found out that she has an elder sister that got married to a man who was not from the same state. So my question became; why would your parents want to use you to try their village men? Sounds funny, but it’s true.
Some parents have ended some relationships with potentials for great marital success simply because of selfish reasons like;
“He does not work in a big company”,
“He does not have a house or car”,
“He is not in a particular type of occupation”,
“He is not from a particular state or village”. Etch.
When your parents give a full specification of the kind of man you must end up with, that could be a way of unintentionally placing a limitation on you as you age with grace because you could finally meet up with the specification and please them, only to discover that you have only lived for your parents or even fallen into the hands of a “wrong” man after waiting that long.

A Simple Advise

Never allow yourself to be used as a controlled experiment for testing husband specifications. Take responsibility for your life, ask all possible questions, pray and ask God for direction (if you believe in God) before taking decisions. Let your parents understand your personality, your passion and drive. Try to be independent too. It helps.

for more visit
https://mimiykesblog..com/2017/08/for-ladies-how-your-parents-decisions.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For The Ladies: How Your Parents’ Decisions Could Keep You Unmarried by felixinfinity(m): 5:34am On Aug 30, 2017
A family friend told us how her parents insisted that she must marry a man from the same state and village. Funny enough, some guys have come into her life but she wouldn’t give them room as soon as she discovers that they are not from the same state. Very soon she will be in her early thirties and her parents are admonishing her to be patient although, sometimes they ask her when she would be going to her husband’s house.
The real life story above is also a major challenge in Africa, most especially Nigeria where most parents would want to run the lives of their children from childhood till death do them part. Sometimes parents take undue advantage of their children’s obedience and respect to place them on some level of bondage that is not even biblical but solely selfish. I asked the lady in the above story a few question and I found out that she has an elder sister that got married to a man who was not from the same state. So my question became; why would your parents want to use you to try their village men? Sounds funny, but it’s true.
Some parents have ended some relationships with potentials for great marital success simply because of selfish reasons like;
“He does not work in a big company”,
“He does not have a house or car”,
“He is not in a particular type of occupation”,
“He is not from a particular state or village”. Etch.
When your parents give a full specification of the kind of man you must end up with, that could be a way of unintentionally placing a limitation on you as you age with grace because you could finally meet up with the specification and please the ake responsibility for your life, ask all possible questions, pray and ask God for direction (if you believe in God) before taking decisions. Let your parents understand your personality, your passion and drive. Try to be independent too. It helps.

for more visit
[url]https://mimiykesblog..com/2017/08/for-ladies-how-your-parents-decisions.html[/u

(1) (Reply)

Father Makes His Toddler Carry Two Heavy Shopping Bags In New Cute Video / Sister Stands In As Best Man For Brother's Wedding / BEATSPILL BY DR. DRE NOW ON SPECIAL PRICE THIS DECEMBER. (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.