Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,371 members, 7,822,749 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities (39371 Views)

List Of Art Courses You Can Study Without Literature In English / 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics / See List Of Science Courses To Study Without Chemistry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by cheezy4real(m): 7:56am On Aug 31, 2017
hausadreturn:
I doubt o.
Wouldnt be bad if he rewrites though.

He can write GCE
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by CharleyBright(m): 7:57am On Aug 31, 2017
Courses for Dullards.
Thread for Dull brains.

1 Like

Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by daddyrich: 7:58am On Aug 31, 2017
Add this to the list, Buharism
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by missystephen: 8:01am On Aug 31, 2017
I read Mass Communication @ ABSU Mathematics was compulsory, I don't know about now, but that was in 2002. I still came face to face with Statistics as a Mass Comm student, so get your facts right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by jnizzle(m): 8:01am On Aug 31, 2017
Pls remove mass communication frm the list oh.... in oou ago iwoye u do maths and stats in 100 ND 200level.
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 31, 2017
just like english is compulsary to all, likewise maths and unfortunately not the regular general maths but the one we call further maths.
the more reason engineering boys are respected in the university as they solve the problem for those that ran away from maths in secondary sch. dont be deceived try your hands on further maths. meanwhile OP which course of study did you attempt in the university?
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by oglalasioux(m): 8:08am On Aug 31, 2017
It's delusion to think anyone can do without mathematics. Even illiterate village women use maths when cooking
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by profmsboi(m): 8:09am On Aug 31, 2017
Political Science ke

For OAU, SSC 105 is a compulsory course for all Political Science students, and it's Mathematics

1 Like

Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by Benekruku(m): 8:11am On Aug 31, 2017
legalweb:
This days, it does not matter what you study as long as you have connections you will still get a good job.

Bitter truth!
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by ekems2017(f): 8:11am On Aug 31, 2017
There is a course for all social science courses called Maths for social science and it's compulsory. So psychology, criminology, peace and conflict studies and other social science courses you mentioned are offering maths. And it's a lecturer from maths and statistic dept that takes the course. It's a core math.

What about Research method used In writing project? Is it not math?
Maths is compulsory for all.

3 Likes

Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by HIScraziness(m): 8:13am On Aug 31, 2017
Lol... Zoology, really? Zoology students do mats 101/102 and also offer statistics in 200 level.
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by stewatt(m): 8:14am On Aug 31, 2017
I'm a political science student and we do mathematics actually..

1 Like

Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by zulex880: 8:14am On Aug 31, 2017
maxiuc:
Econometrics is really showed me oba

Regretted going for Economics

Nonsense
Nonsense
N
Still regretting why i picked economics, Mehn calculations dey show me pepper here i swear if i had known would have deployed to Pol science in my year one
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by Obozi: 8:18am On Aug 31, 2017
tochivitus:
why would some one wanna skip mathematics? for me it's the best thing that has ever happened to education, technical when you understand mathematics other subject becomes walk over. It still remains my favourite, no much grammar no much note copying just write the formula and solve simply
My guy till you die you will never apply your knowledge of mathematics
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by olutoscene(m): 8:20am On Aug 31, 2017
mayorchelsea:
My alma mata ,beta by far(Unilorin)won't consider you for admission without credit pass in English and Mathematics irrespective of your course,I stand to be corrected though.For clarity,can I advise someone with a pass in mathematics to go pick up Unilorin post-utme form for security and criminology studies?

I am also an alumnus of unilorin. faculty of arts courses don't require credit in maths. just a pass is good to go
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by Yhemit(m): 8:26am On Aug 31, 2017
OP you're wrong

faculty of social sciences generally do SSC 105, SSC 106 ( 100 level) and also SSC 201, SSC 202 (200 level) respectively.

mathematics is even like USE OF ENGLISH in all federal university's in nigeria.
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by Ejegbleje(m): 8:28am On Aug 31, 2017

Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by Asokobieke: 8:28am On Aug 31, 2017
Psychology: Some schools do maths (OaU), some dont (UNN...i heard from someone).
>
In Oau, you'll do maths in psychology in the 1st and 2nd semesters of your 100 level, and then statistics in the 1st and 2nd semesters of your 200 level.

The above is the truth about OAU.
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by Yhemit(m): 8:29am On Aug 31, 2017
zulex880:

Still regretting why i picked economics, Mehn calculations dey show me pepper here i swear if i had known would have deployed to Pol science in my year one

lol... you must be bad in ordinary SSC, while some people are busy smiling with MTH. grin
zulex880:

lol... you must be bad in ordinary SSC, while some people are busy smiling with MTH.
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by Agozie48: 8:37am On Aug 31, 2017
In Political Science there is mathematics : Statistics For Social Sciences
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 31, 2017
Dude better comot psychology for there... The one way, two way anova , t-test, factorial design, correlation and regression analysis, probability, simultaneous equation, venn diagram wey wey we dey do na English nw angry

1 Like

Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 31, 2017
galaciousbabe:
Are u people sure? I thought maths 101 is compulsory.
no nah.its not compulsory
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by Fourwinds: 8:43am On Aug 31, 2017
Obozi:
you are a liar... unconciously you apply maths in your day to day activities... some people play smart but I see dullness in them simply because those around such individual do not see the principle of maths in play

I doubt if you know how to play Chess game.... this can be alluding to Game of thrones.... the Starks are quick to anger but slow in mind that was why they suffered so much

1 Like

Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by attention007(m): 8:51am On Aug 31, 2017
There's no way you can run away from mathematics, even if you refrain from using it in your courses it will always be needed in your everyday life. And I think people who are afraid of mathematics are afraid of life itself.
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by tochivitus(m): 8:56am On Aug 31, 2017
Obozi:

we don't share the same dreams and aspiration Bro, am ain't a mathematician am an economist, and thus both courses are interwoven, and you can only say this because your a Nigerian or because you under informed, ask Einstein when you see him
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by makahlj2: 8:58am On Aug 31, 2017
Criminology should require mathematics.
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by ArinzeAnthony03: 8:59am On Aug 31, 2017
Remove Psychology from the list... In UNN, we do Maths, though not that much but statistics Is sure... If you don't have brain for maths it will be difficult to have brain for that because both are almost but not the same.. .you have to think in same direction in both
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by buchilino(m): 8:59am On Aug 31, 2017
CALL ME OLD FASHION, BUT I THOUGHT SOCIAL STUDIES WAS A PRIMARY SCHOOL SUBJECT.
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by Syphonn(m): 9:04am On Aug 31, 2017
The University of Port Harcourt hereby invites candidates who chose the University as First and/or Second choice in the 2017 Unified Matriculation Examination (UTME) and obtained a minimum score of 180, to apply for Screening Exercise for admission into the University.

The University shall not admit candidates into Geology in the 2017/2018 session. Candidates who chose Geology as their programme of study are hereby informed that they could be admitted into other/related areas of study, subject to acceptable performance. They are to contact JAMB for change of course or change of Institution for admission into Geology. The Schedule of the Screening Exercise is as indicated below:

READ MORE AT www.busygisting.com
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by Tiopii: 9:05am On Aug 31, 2017
In most Universities ,you must have atleast c6 in both maths n Eng , before you can be considered for admission..
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by girl4rmspace(f): 9:13am On Aug 31, 2017
iceboy4752:
I love this. Mathematics has sworn to be my arch enemy since I was in Primary School.

Lol very funny

1 Like

Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by Pwhitelaw(m): 9:45am On Aug 31, 2017
How you Wan take skip statistics if you Wan do psychology... Big lie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

After Four Years In The University, No Certificate From Two Siblings / 2019 Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship Test :::Verification of Winners:: / NDU Student Laments As Rat "Chops" Her 30k Inside A Saving Box In Amassoma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.