Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,516 members, 7,819,860 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities (39310 Views)

List Of Art Courses You Can Study Without Literature In English / 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics / See List Of Science Courses To Study Without Chemistry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by unwanaabasi(m): 10:26am On Aug 31, 2017
hausadreturn:
I doubt o.
Wouldnt be bad if he rewrites though.
Most of the courses you read under agric faculty does not need physics so go for it
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by unwanaabasi(m): 10:27am On Aug 31, 2017
Manueleee:
that is nice. my younger brother could not secure a good grade in physics. so is their any science course that can go without physics?
Most of the courses you read under agric faculty does not need physics so go for it
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by Kunlesina: 10:45am On Aug 31, 2017
Humm.In most Nigerian university you need Mathematics to study law.
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by Kunlesina: 10:45am On Aug 31, 2017
Humm.In most Nigerian university you need Mathematics to study law. The information is not accurate .
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by hausadreturn(m): 10:53am On Aug 31, 2017
unwanaabasi:

I think it'll need, especially for 100 level.
or do u have an idea of any course in particular?
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by ogbonti: 11:08am On Aug 31, 2017
There is maths in political science, except statistics is not part of maths, you will do at least 2 core courses that are statistics based.
....chi-square, confidence ratio, all that.. political science is a science because of the math in a combination of history, sociology, economics, psychology and philosophy..... all these put together with maths is political science!
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 31, 2017
ogbonti:
There is maths in political science, except statistics is not part of maths, you will do at least 2 core courses that are statistics based.
....chi-square, confidence ratio, all that.. political science is a science because of the math in a combination of history, sociology, economics, psychology and philosophy..... all these put together with maths is political science!
political science is social science... Not science
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by hausadreturn(m): 11:11am On Aug 31, 2017
HIScraziness:
Lol... Zoology, really? Zoology students do mats 101/102 and also offer statistics in 200 level.
Oh....i always thought it was mth 105 rather than 101
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by barbwire2(m): 11:47am On Aug 31, 2017
No think am o. There is plenty mathematics in Agriculture, from maths 101, to further maths, statistics, survey , even some engineering aspects too. grin
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by akaahs(m): 12:00pm On Aug 31, 2017
Op come u can't study mass communication without doing a little bit of maths in form of statistics.
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by dajan03: 12:05pm On Aug 31, 2017
in unijos we do statistics in political science in yur 100 level 1st and 2nd semester also 200 level 1st and 2nd semester. I swear this OP na sunday school yu attend
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by dajan03: 12:07pm On Aug 31, 2017
samyomz:
political science is social science... Not science
science is broad now. social science is just an aspect of it
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by ImaIma1(f): 12:08pm On Aug 31, 2017
galaciousbabe:
Are u people sure? I thought maths 101 is compulsory.

Only English 101 is compulsory
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 31, 2017
dajan03:
science is broad now. social science is just an aspect of it
political system is too broad and subjective to be a science.. Political science is more of humanities than science
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by ReubenE(m): 12:10pm On Aug 31, 2017
MyMouth:
Maths is needed in pol. Sci. You do statistics in pol. Sci from ur 100 level to 300 level.
Thank you jare'
I even did Politimetrics in my second year with annoying mathematics
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by MOSICATED5(m): 12:10pm On Aug 31, 2017
Well I studied Agricultural science I did pure maths in 100l and biostatistics from 200L to 500L
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by Paulagada: 12:18pm On Aug 31, 2017
social studies and psychology have statistics. in social studies, it is called social statistics.
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by ehinmowo: 12:20pm On Aug 31, 2017
Bt u will do maths in most of the courses listed wen u eventually enter UNI
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by Sfateema(f): 12:58pm On Aug 31, 2017
Manueleee:
that is nice. my younger brother could not secure a good grade in physics. so is their any science course that can go without physics?

Archaeology and Anthropology in UI do not require physics
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by colourSd: 1:04pm On Aug 31, 2017
In LASU, if u are in 100 level, u must pass maths in ur first semester and 2nd semester.
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by dapoalabi91: 1:16pm On Aug 31, 2017
….WHILE WAITING ON ASUU

I remember being a university student a couple of years back and the news comes to you that ASUU is going on strike. At first you don’t feel perplexed because you have no idea how long it will last and many students even see it as an opportunity to take a rest from the academic rigour. Not until months start counting and it starts getting boring by the day especially for those who go back home. They begin to pray that ASUU should call off the strike. But you could be always sure that it will take at least four months before your prayers get answered; well, I said four month because that’s the shortest ASUU strike I experienced as an undergraduate.
So while this strike is on, you don’t have to sit down there and relax or keep praying that the strike be called off. We both know those people don’t care about the youths. And an Adage says when two elephants fight the ground bears the brunt. Their children are outside the country studying; trying to secure for them a better future, so they don’t care. the best you can do for yourself is to take your life is in your hands. Take the bold step and do something rather than waiting.

Well, I will quickly share few tips with you on what to do while waiting on ASUU.
1. [b][/b]Get Certified.
2. [b][/b]Get an Internship placement
3. [b][/b]Get a vocational Skill.
Let me start with the first, Get Certified; See, certification is the only way out of joblessness and the best time to get certified is now. I’ll tell you why; many certification institutes have discount for students which means you have to take advantage of it; because once you graduate the discount umbrella covers you no more. Secondly, why procrastinate? If you have the means why not do it now instead of getting a new phone. The perfect time is always now, you might never get the same opportunity you have now again. There are a lot of certification you can get; I’ll mention a few; Oil and Gas certifications like General and Advance HSE, NEBOSH and OSHA certifications will make you a prospect. These certifications are very important and they haven take a lot of people out of the labour market. They are relevant in almost any industry or sector and if you think that your course of study will rob you the opportunity to work in your desired industry, well, I have a good news for you; there are oil and gas short courses that will avail you this opportunity.
Another important certification I will mention is I.T certification; you can get a certification in networking or programming while you wait on ASUU. This will not only give you an edge in the labour market it will also make you a potential entrepreneur. Well, I used the word ‘potential’ because not everybody realise this and not everyone have the desire to become entrepreneurs. Getting I.T skills have the highest possibility of making you an entrepreneur. What more can I say? GET CERTIFIED!! CERTIFICATION IS THE WAY!!

Second point is; Get an Internship placement; this might be a little bit hard in this country especially for those who do not have uncles and aunties in these organisations, but it should stop you from trying. Write a letter to as many of them that you have mapped out and will be willing to work at, send you CV along side, let them know you would be willing to intern in their organisation without getting paid. Of course, you shouldn’t be after the pay now, you should be after the experience and the opportunity that comes with it. Learning comes before earning you are still in your learning stage. And if you have few certifications already, it will boost your CV and increase your chances of getting the internship placement that is why I made the getting certification the chief point.

Well, the third one; Get a vocation skill is also important especially for those with the entrepreneur mind set. As a lady you might want to get some fashion designing, makeup or catering skills, there are several others though. And as a guy you might want to learn how to fix computers and phones or some computer software skills depending on your passion, you might even try the so-called ‘feminine’ skills I mention earlier or hair dressing. The trend is changing as men are becoming very successful in the line of businesses that was once believed to be feminine. Most women prefer the male touch to female. I bet these skills would certainly help you when you least expect.

written by Dapo Alabi
Oiltrain.org

2 Likes

Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by simplekalu88(m): 1:19pm On Aug 31, 2017
you will do maths and Econs in pol sci.
I did Econs and accounting in Unizik as a law student in my yr 1 and yrv3 respectively.
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by win2kwire: 1:22pm On Aug 31, 2017
Nigerians have been studying useless courses making majority of Nigerian graduates nothing more than educated-illiterates!

Follow the global trend, what the hell is mass comm and where in the world is this competitive?
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by 1metre: 1:24pm On Aug 31, 2017
giftedheart1:
what is philosophy doing on that list?
philosophy is life
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by Ezi39: 1:41pm On Aug 31, 2017
Those behind the post are misleading the public. I graduated from UI where Mathematics was needed for me to peruse a career in Social studies.
It has always been 5 credits including English and Mathematics plus 3 others that are relevant to your area of discipline.
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 31, 2017
I pity anyone who runs to Uni to study Nursing because of OP self fabricated write up. please bear in mind that you will definitely study math 101 in year one, Statistics in 3rd, 4th and 5th year and non is less than 3 credit units
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by vanhelsing1(m): 2:22pm On Aug 31, 2017
are u sure dis OP attended a university?? wat hapens to MAths 101?
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by yemzzy22(m): 2:26pm On Aug 31, 2017
Is there any course by chance with f9 or d7 in English in this Nigeria that university will admit you to me is only some private school any idea please
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by raphaeladeyele: 2:32pm On Aug 31, 2017
Na lai u talk
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by DonMekino(m): 2:34pm On Aug 31, 2017
Manueleee:

Geology
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by DonMekino(m): 2:34pm On Aug 31, 2017
Manueleee:

Geology
Geography
Re: 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities by tunary(m): 2:43pm On Aug 31, 2017
tochivitus:
why would some one wanna skip mathematics? for me it's the best thing that has ever happened to education, technical when you understand mathematics other subject becomes walk over. It still remains my favourite, no much grammar no much note copying just write the formula and solve simply
it is easier said than done

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Check Out This Warning From Unilag Cleaners / The Onitsha Students Representing Nigeria At World Pitch Academic Competition US / Winifred Hyacinth: UNIZIK Medical Graduate Gets 12 Awards At Induction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.