Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,038 members, 7,828,642 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 (34788 Views)

Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 / NAIJA NEWSPAPERS: Today's Punch Newspaper Headlines [3rd June, 2017]. / Africa's Week In Pictures: 26 May - 1 June 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 by Basic123: 6:33pm On Aug 30, 2017
Arysexy:

U r not talking to a new person. Where haven't I been to in osun?

Ede, ipetumodu, ife, modakeke, ilesa, omifunfun, Oshogbo, lagare, etc.

If what I have seen is your development, then u need to move out of osun to have a change of mentality
Going by your logic,no state is developed in Nigeria.We are talking of relative development here.Compare the osun state capital city and major town pre-Aregbesola to their present state.A non partisan individuals will know that the difference is clear and that earned him second term.A native of osun state,which i'm,will appreciate that better anyway.

I agreed aregbesola fvcked up big time on salary issues!
Re: Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 by Mcanie: 6:37pm On Aug 30, 2017
Because our polithievecians will embezzle it .
mrvitalis:
This is actually very small to run a state

Imagine my state imo with over 3million people with 17bn in 6 months ??

If every individual is taxed 5k a month that's 15bn every month and with that we will get our desired development and we will have reason to hold our governors accountable

But no we decide to spend far more to achieve nothing

A typical car owner in Nigeria will spend 400k a years averagely to maintain his cars

But as him to pay a tax of 10k a month for road maintaince that will save his car he will protest

We have over 11 million cars in Nigeria ...if on average each pays 10k every month that's 110bm that's over 1.2 trillion on road maintaince

Say federal government takes 30% and states 70% of what you contribute tell me why we would have bad roads

1 Like

Re: Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 by Basic123: 6:37pm On Aug 30, 2017
Ekinematics:

And by quoting me you are satisfied that I'll be pained, hoping I'm ibo.
Your yoloba brain will always malfunction, because it's always thinking of skull mining grin
well,your judgement must have been impaired because you've been preoccupied with what might have been happening to your mo.ther and sis.ter presently in a motel in ibadan or ikire,osun state.cheesy,just go check themgrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ2UzZrgwxg
you may try and locate this policeman,he will show you where they aregrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 by donJ2(m): 7:09pm On Aug 30, 2017
234ng44uk:
And yet, the growths and development in Lagos evelopes that of all the big revenue collectors put together.

U mean the big revenue collectors that were once the capital of the country?... If Lagos wasn't the capital bfr, it's only the seaports that woulda made it more developed than ogun state
Re: Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 by critic9ja: 7:36pm On Aug 30, 2017
mrvitalis:

If every individual is taxed 5k a month that's 15bn every month and with that we will get our desired development and we will have reason to hold our governors accountable

A typical car owner in Nigeria will spend 400k a years averagely to maintain his cars

But as him to pay a tax of 10k a month for road maintaince that will save his car he will protest

We have over 11 million cars in Nigeria ...if on average each pays 10k every month that's 110bm that's over 1.2 trillion on road maintaince

Say federal government takes 30% and states 70% of what you contribute tell me why we would have bad roads

this post is stupid and crap. so all of us using golf 2 will also be paying 10k monthly, all the micras, vanagon boys in Lagos, after all the daily extortions? if you cannot make the life of an average man better, leave it as it is. because you are lucky you feel you can afford it, every other person should be paying it too. fvool!
Re: Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 by B2mario(m): 7:36pm On Aug 30, 2017
EmeeNaka:
Osun and Cross River get serious wahala
Nigeria needs restructuring, I wonder how a right thinking government will secede 170 oil wells from cross river state to Akwa ibom that has more than 100,000 oil wells. Some LGAs in Akwa ibom, Rivers and Delta should be given to nearby states so as balance wealth distribution. there's wide margin.
Re: Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 by Akuneshiobike(m): 7:37pm On Aug 30, 2017
Osun and Cross River get serious gwege!
Re: Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 by EmeeNaka: 7:41pm On Aug 30, 2017
B2mario:

Nigeria needs restructuring, I wonder how a right thinking government will secede 170 oil wells from cross river state to Akwa ibom that has more than 100,000 oil wells. Some LGAs in Akwa ibom, Rivers and Delta should be given to nearby states so as balance wealth distribution. there's wide margin.
Giving resource rich local govt to another state to balance wealth distribution is a wrong advice. Do you expect River state to cede a local govt to Kebbi state so as to balance wealth distribution?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 30, 2017
Basic123:

well,your judgement must have been impaired because you've been preoccupied with what might have been happening to your mo.ther and sis.ter presently in a motel in ibadan or ikire,osun state.cheesy,just go check themgrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ2UzZrgwxg
you may try and locate this policeman,he will show you where they aregrin

I'll leave that 4d Ibos to reply you while I sit back and watch your stupidity as it graduates to psychosis.

1 Like

Re: Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 by Basic123: 9:04pm On Aug 30, 2017
Ekinematics:

I'll leave that 4d Ibos to reply you while I sit back and watch your stupidity as it graduates to psychosis.
You mean nnamdi kanu stupidity and psychosis?

If you are angry,direct your anger to him.Abi,you still transfer the aggression to Afonjas as usualgrin
Re: Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 by jconsulting(f): 9:13pm On Aug 30, 2017
So is it Buhari​ that is responsible for hardship in the states now, we nigerians as no get sense, instead to blame Governorz for killing the state we focus on FG as if they​ owe states their allocation

1 Like

Re: Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 by NSK4U(m): 9:16pm On Aug 30, 2017
mmmmm.......

Do your Registration and Training for all INTERNATIONAL EXAMS including TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT, SAT1, GRE, PTE, SAT2. @

GLOBAL VISION INTERNATIONAL
EDUCATION & TRAVELS.

We accept ZERO DEPOSIT { ie Get your VISA to America, Canada, France, UK, etc from us before you pay} from our clients that wish to go on vacation, work, or visit any of the aforementioned countries and more. for further info, call/whatsap us via 08145705687.
Re: Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 by ebikels: 10:21pm On Aug 30, 2017
Bayelsa state have been unfortunate with GOVERNORS from 1999. A faulty foundation was laid and the house has now been built on that same foundation.
It's only a matter of time before it collapses.

Bayelsa state ordinarily will have no business with poverty given the allocation that has come in from 1999 but no, the reverse is the case.
What a shame.
PassingShot:
So, what business do some of the rich states have with owing salaries?

Bayelsa, is a typical example of a FAILED STATE if we compare her level of development to her income.

Is this also as a result of FG or failure to restructure?

Re: Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 by Darligold(m): 10:26pm On Aug 30, 2017
mrvitalis:

what about the internaly generated revenue is 4 times the statutory allocation.

Re: Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 by Adek15(m): 11:20pm On Aug 30, 2017
mrvitalis:

It's easy to eat money from natural resources but once money come out from you pocket every month would you vote for them an who eats it's even idiots your brother ?
i don't understand your last statement really but do you really believe we have been voting for our candidate of choice?
Re: Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 by Desyner: 1:11am On Aug 31, 2017
mrvitalis:

How can acar owner pay 10k/month (120k pa) as road tax alone? Use what God gave you.

1 Like

Re: Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 by MasterKim: 3:54am On Aug 31, 2017
globemoney:

How about state of osun with over 80% income deducted? If Bayelsa is a failed state what do we call state of osun? Afonjas and hypocrisy, propaganda, being silly, mischief are 5 and 6
So, he's automatically afonja because he said bayelsa is a failed state?
Ur brain is leaking

1 Like

Re: Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 by loswhite(m): 5:38am On Aug 31, 2017
mrvitalis:

you are a big fool.... so we should be tax 5k so these useless leaders can loot it right? Your family must be a politician. If u cannot be accountable for the 17 billion hw then will u be accountable for the 5k tax? The problem of Nigeria is not more money for the government or state governors or should I call them emperors...the problem is they have only one vision which is looting
Re: Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 by mrvitalis(m): 8:12am On Aug 31, 2017
Desyner:
How can acar owner pay 10k/month (120k pa) as road tax alone? Use what God gave you.

But you can fix your shock for 80k , do maintaince for 400k
Re: Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 by DabuIIIT: 8:42am On Aug 31, 2017
PassingShot:
So, what business do some of the rich states have with owing salaries?

Bayelsa, is a typical example of a FAILED STATE if we compare her level of development to her income.

Is this also as a result of FG or failure to restructure?

this one will 4eva have eyes on SE SS states buh will never see his gutter Benue state and its wheelBIRO allocating gov,gabriel atom ant abi na ortom.. grin

Re: Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 by Hier(m): 9:51am On Aug 31, 2017
diana158:
dont really think so, though population might be one of the criteria. what comes out of a state like VAT(value added tax), crude oil etc. influences the sharing higher

well, their IGR shouldn't be used as a basis, its a country where one benefit from the other, my opinion sha. thanks for the warm response,

can I ask you question before we part, are you born again? I love you that's why am asking
Re: Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 by jpphilips(m): 12:54pm On Aug 31, 2017
PrecisionFx:

lmfao, why do yorubas either refuse to reason or believe others are stupidd².

U are the one that does not know that Onne Port was converted to a naval base by obasanjos regime.

So the oil n gas industry is not a commercial sector

""maybe you don't really know why cross river, rivers and delta ports are inland waterways hub"" - are u sure that ur well

Yorubas? are you suffering from acute mental imbalance or you were r@ped by kanu's dog?
Which obasanjo's regime converted FOT and FLT onne to a naval base? I can see you are struggling through secondary school, get the fvck off the internet and go study for your Jamb.
Who cursed Nigeria with all these m0r0ns?
Re: Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 by jpphilips(m): 1:11pm On Aug 31, 2017
PrecisionFx:

I wish nairaland shows the true age of its posters.

Before Gowon tampered with Nigeria's economic system, the governor of every region controlled the natural resources @ it's disposal n paid back 30% to FG n kept 70% to run their regions.

This system is used by America, Spain, England, etc. Every reasonable nation wit humans within actually run such a system.

Let me warn you, once you feature on my mention, I expect a response of human value not beer parlour gossips and anecdotes, I am allergic to ignorance, it gives me rashes and eye problems, if you do not have the right education to speak on some issues, just help yourself and nairaland internet space by shutting up.

Now;

Show me the law Gowon used to change the sharing formula of the federation account to 70/30% like you claimed?
Who told you the US and the UK don't pay federal allocations or because they use a different name for it means they don't do it? Or because they pay annually unlike ours that is paid monthly?

I don't get it, do you even know the problems this dumb proposal of urs caused in the US that led to their adopting a system similar to ours in the 70's?
I don't get it, you sit in a beer parlour, freestyle with lunatics, come to the internet and defeacate your ignorance, I have no respect for folks who misinform the public. It may not be your fault that you are ignorant but when you don't have your facts, shut the fvck up!!

1 Like

Re: Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 by jpphilips(m): 1:12pm On Aug 31, 2017
Kennywills7:

There is a reason why people clamour for resource control, so figure out. Thanks

What has resource control got to do with states making investments?
Re: Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 by jstbeinhonest(m): 1:31pm On Aug 31, 2017
PrecisionFx:

lmfao, why do yorubas either refuse to reason or believe others are stupidd².

U are the one that does not know that Onne Port was converted to a naval base by obasanjos regime.

So the oil n gas industry is not a commercial sector

""maybe you don't really know why cross river, rivers and delta ports are inland waterways hub"" - are u sure that ur well

Lmao, over 50 words yet zero sense. We're are in trouble in this country.
Re: Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 by Kennywills7(m): 1:47pm On Aug 31, 2017
jpphilips:

What has resource control got to do with states making investments?
If u look/read my previous post I made no mention of investment, I only wrote about collecting of money monthly from fg in form of allocation. So what am actually trying to say is that whatever d fg realizes "be it from naturally resources or otherwise" should be publish, state by state, so that we know how much leaves each state monthly and how much is return to such a state in form of allocation.
The other part I wrote about the bad leaders in my state, no matter how much they get from fg, it will always be looted by the "emperors" (government officials), however that won't stop us for clamouring for resource control.
Re: Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 31, 2017
jpphilips:

Yorubas? are you suffering from acute mental imbalance or you were r@ped by kanu's dog?
Which obasanjo's regime converted FOT and FLT onne to a naval base? I can see you are struggling through secondary school, get the fvck off the internet and go study for your Jamb.
Who cursed Nigeria with all these m0r0ns?

Naturally, yirubas seat on their brown roof republic n analyse the whole Nigeria. I'm sure u have never left the SW in ur life.

OBJ converted Onne port to a naval base.
Don't make noise online, the only way to verify this is to take a short trip to rivers state, then visit the Port n see things for urself.
Re: Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 by jpphilips(m): 2:11pm On Aug 31, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Naturally, yirubas seat on their brown roof republic n analyse the whole Nigeria. I'm sure u have never left the SW in ur life.

OBJ converted Onne port to a naval base.
Don't make noise online, the only way to verify this is to take a short trip to rivers state, then visit the Port n see things for urself.

You are a glorified Bingo!! now run back to your cage!! Nigeria has a naval college at Onne quite a distance from the FOT and FLT used as oil and gas free trade zones.
Re: Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 31, 2017
jpphilips:

Let me warn you, once you feature on my mention, I expect a response of human value not beer parlour gossips and anecdotes, I am allergic to ignorance, it gives me rashes and eye problems, if you do not have the right education to speak on some issues, just help yourself and nairaland internet space by shutting up.

Now;

Show me the law Gowon used to change the sharing formula of the federation account to 70/30% like you claimed?
Who told you the US and the UK don't pay federal allocations or because they use a different name for it means they don't do it? Or because they pay annually unlike ours that is paid monthly?

I don't get it, do you even know the problems this dumb proposal of urs caused in the US that led to their adopting a system similar to ours in the 70's?
I don't get it, you sit in a beer parlour, freestyle with lunatics, come to the internet and defeacate your ignorance, I have no respect for folks who misinform the public. It may not be your fault that you are ignorant but when you don't have your facts, shut the fvck up!!

A nyash originated reply from someone who knows nothing n forces himself to appear cool.

In every nation who have sense n who practice democracy, states or regions control their resources n pay a given percentage to the FG. Stop exposing ur stupidity online, the ones u have done in brown roof beer palour is more than enough.

Go n read up, depending on other peoples resources for survival has placed several layers of shiit on ur brain.
Re: Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 31, 2017
jstbeinhonest:

Lmao, over 50 words yet zero sense. We're are in trouble in this country.

I never expected a confused person to understand any form of info even if an encyclopedia epistle is written.
Re: Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 31, 2017
jpphilips:

You are a glorified Bingo!! now run back to your cage!! Nigeria has a naval college at Onne quite a distance from the FOT and FLT used as oil and gas free trade zones.

Sharap, u don't know shiiit about what ur saying. Ur not from rivers state, U have never been to rivers states so don't try to tell people who come from there what could be found there... Afonja stop browsing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pictures From Eyitayo Jegede/Gboluga Campaign Rally In Ondo / Tunde Ednut Endorses Mr. Peter Obi As Next Nigerian President / Buhari Attends Funeral Service In Cotonou (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.