Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,606 members, 7,823,636 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos (55635 Views)

Ooni of ife, Oba of Benin and Oba of Lagos greeting people [PICS] / Oba Of Benin, Ewuaere, Arrives Abuja In His Rolls Royce And Private Jet / Emir Sanusi's Vintage Rolls Royce Spotted At Kaduna Centenary Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos by ipobbigot7: 3:13am On Aug 31, 2017
I thought some people once told us that the Oba of Benin in order to preserve the culture don't leave the palace. Oni of Ife and Oba of Iwo land has thought the Oba of Benin to be classy, good he is learning fast.
Re: Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos by Aragon: 3:22am On Aug 31, 2017
motherfucker:
I am shocked too. His father never left the palace to anywhere. This is first time such is happening. Times has really changed and people no longer align with traditions.

Says who? His Father Oba Erediauwa actually mixed with the people more than any in recent history. It's the grandfather Oba Akenzua that didn't really mix .. Though he use to come out once in a while like for Independence Day in the Stadium etc.. I think this particular Oba will be like in between. He will attend certain functions, especially ones based on developments as he is very Particular about creating Jobs for the Youths

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos by einsteino(m): 3:54am On Aug 31, 2017
motherfucker:
I am shocked too. His father never left the palace to anywhere. This is first time such is happening. Times has really changed and people no longer align with traditions.

dont say what you dont know. his dad once paid Oshio a courtesy visit at govt house to show his support, this was when oshio was getting it hot from binis, that visit consolidated oshio's hold. also His dad, Oba Erediauwa visiteda number of places while on the throne, you can google.

Oba does leave the palace but it is a rarity. you can live in benin for 10yrs and only stumble into his entourage a few times. and it would likely be at holy Arousa cathedral during igue festival.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos by MICHEALADEX(m): 4:16am On Aug 31, 2017
limeta:
Oba of Ile ife comes to mind
Afonja how far

Spotted ! Nah them

Re: Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos by yommen: 5:14am On Aug 31, 2017
mmsen:

All monarchs are a waste of space.

All they do is feast from the public purse and then lie that they offer a public service.

Same with Queen of England, abi! If they are foreign, you praise them and vice versa.
Re: Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos by victor8269: 5:15am On Aug 31, 2017
post=59982548:
Chai Oba gha to okpere
Oba àto kpèyé

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos by Edum13656: 5:48am On Aug 31, 2017
napoleon77:
Luxury Rolls Royce? Is there a non-luxury Rolls Royce?
ajuju... redbeans answer ram.
Re: Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos by Kaybaba5(m): 5:53am On Aug 31, 2017
shurley22:
Okay...what next?
Re: Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos by totorimi: 6:22am On Aug 31, 2017
Aside the excessive show of affluence, I believe this Oba is behaving royally and not like one oba miss road we have gallivanting about everywhere and couldn't even keep his home.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos by James988: 6:28am On Aug 31, 2017
axeman
Re: Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos by Nobody: 6:38am On Aug 31, 2017
All is vanity, Jesus never used it.
Re: Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos by Diso60090(m): 6:40am On Aug 31, 2017
This guy also is a scammer please beware he has scammed so many people with this account details
Name: Adepoju kehinde ismail
Bank:First bank
Account number:3032439356
The guy is on visa scammer
Please help to share to avoid more victim's
He lives in Lagos
EFCC DSS AND MORE
i Don blow my own

Re: Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos by Nobody: 6:40am On Aug 31, 2017
einsteino:

dont say what you dont know. his dad once paid Oshio a courtesy visit at govt house to show his support, this was when oshio was getting it hot from binis, that visit consolidated oshio's hold. also His dad, Oba Erediauwa visiteda number of places while on the throne, you can google.

Oba does leave the palace but it is a rarity. you can live in benin for 10yrs and only stumble into his entourage a few times. and it would likely be at holy Arousa cathedral during igue festival.

You are a true son of the soil!
Re: Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos by totorimi: 6:43am On Aug 31, 2017
The truth is whether we like it or not anywhere there is injustice there can never be a lasting peace.

How be it that in a Nation like this with everything you can think off,we are been led by greedy blind men who have no plan for themselves talkless of a nation.

How be it, that a group hashijacked the top military echelon and using that to torment the rest of us.

Something just must happen to change the status quo, whether it is Nnamdi Kanu or someone else something just have to change.
We can never grow as a nation if we continue to recycle dead woods who don't think nation first before self or their own.
Our unity as a nation has been greatly erodef due to the wicked and greedy manipulations by these gang of looters masquerading as true patriots .
Re: Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos by odigbosky(m): 6:57am On Aug 31, 2017
motherfucker:

guy please if you are not sure of some things dont come online to state it as it might mislead others.....
Re: Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos by odigbosky(m): 6:59am On Aug 31, 2017
ipobbigot7:
I thought some people once told us that the Oba of Benin in order to preserve the culture don't leave the palace. Oni of Ife and Oba of Iwo land has thought the Oba of Benin to be classy, good he is learning fast.

what is this one saying......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos by Mcreloaded(m): 7:09am On Aug 31, 2017
I hope they will no be like oshiomhole police who constituted nuisance
Re: Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos by DeRay98(m): 7:12am On Aug 31, 2017
[quote author=motherfucker post=59982443] I am shocked too. His father never left the palace to anywhere. This is first time such is happening. Times has really changed and people no longer align with traditions.[/quote

Una dey lie sha, Indomie babies just wake up and think say na today the world start.
Make the shame of ignorance dey catch una sometimes for public.
To attend a major govt function that promotes the development of the City he's Oba in, does that amount to transfer? Chai! Money some people spend to go school na waste dem waste...

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos by Seunolad1(m): 7:42am On Aug 31, 2017
limeta:
Oba of Ile ife comes to mind
Afonja how far
we are good here!
Re: Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 31, 2017
ipobbigot7:

From my understanding, Oba nor dey transfer is akin to the saying that a lion (oduma) does not leave his territory.
Simply put, the Oba( lion of Benin kingdom) can roam round his kingdom, but cannot leave his kingdom to another.
That word or phraseology became pupolar during the reign of Oba ovwramwen (.hope I got the spelling right).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos by darkhorizon: 7:58am On Aug 31, 2017
martineverest:
Ride on my king.... Far better than those kings that Change women like wrapper and who can stay in one place

Can't you comment like a normal person.
There is no competition here,both posts are ceremonial. And they are both 1st class kings,so whats your point
Re: Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos by topefelix799(m): 8:30am On Aug 31, 2017
even oba dey chill with rolls Royce. I must chill with my Lexus
Re: Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos by deenee: 9:43am On Aug 31, 2017
I thought they said that the Oba must never leave palace.....what is he then doing at such a mundane event?
Re: Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos by alaskido(m): 10:12am On Aug 31, 2017
What kind of uniform is Obaseki wearing? Is this the new Edo State Police?
Re: Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos by 400billionman: 10:45am On Aug 31, 2017
If you want to be happy, acquire money, marry a beautiful wife and don't mess with haters..

Oba knows this secret...
Re: Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos by einsteino(m): 11:01am On Aug 31, 2017
youngprofdguru:

You are a true son of the soil!

lol i am actually ika not bini. I'm from Agbor. but i know quite a number of things about Benin monarchy and culture having lived a reasonable number of years in benin and there are heavy traces of Bini culture in ika's too.
Re: Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos by mapet: 11:04am On Aug 31, 2017
eezeribe:
Oba of Benin...
Ooni of Ife...
Emir of Kano...
Celebrity Monarchs with Tax payers money,state funds and Federal allocation
Make I hear say any 'Kingdom' in Nigeria is self sufficient.. When some states can hardly sustain themselves without input from FG.
Even Queen Elizabeth also depends on Tax payers money for sustenance.

.....so your point is?
Re: Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos by 007best: 11:25am On Aug 31, 2017
Please where do I buy form to contest for oba of Benin in next elections?
is like you are drunk abi
Re: Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 31, 2017
BigBelleControl:
I thought they said 'Oba no dey go transfer', why and how did he leave the palace?

Was his Majesty transferred?
Re: Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos by mmsen: 11:50am On Aug 31, 2017
yommen:

Same with Queen of England, abi! If they are foreign, you praise them and vice versa.

You can't read?

I said ALL monarchs. That means without exception.
Re: Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 31, 2017
deenee:
I thought they said that the Oba must never leave palace.....what is he then doing at such a mundane event?

You were misinformed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

RESULTS: Annual Nairaland State Census / Queen Ola Badirat Ajoke Celebrates Her 31st Birthday (Photos) / A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.