Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Poor State Of Roads: My Hands Are Tied, Fashola Pleads With Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poor State Of Roads: My Hands Are Tied, Fashola Pleads With Nigerians (1877 Views)

President Buhari Meets With Nigerians In Japan / Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term / NASS Pleads With Nigerians To Stop Tweeting At Him. See Reactions From Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poor State Of Roads: My Hands Are Tied, Fashola Pleads With Nigerians by Bravo123: 1:53am On Aug 31, 2017
Babatunde Raji Fashola, the minister for power, works and housing has called on Nigerians to bear with his ministries and agencies over the poor state of roads and other infrastructure under his supervision.

The minister blamed the rainy season and the failure of the legislature to release the needed funds for the completion of earmarked projects across the country.

Fashola who addressed newsmen at the end of Wednesday's federal executive council meeting said he undertook a tour of the country and identified 61 critical intervention spots but could not get the funds to make the required intervention.

The minister said, “First, I want to sincerely empathise with commuters using the roads at this moment...''

Read more http://alabingo.com/2017/08/poor-state-roads…nds-tied-fashola/

1 Share

Re: Poor State Of Roads: My Hands Are Tied, Fashola Pleads With Nigerians by Ratello: 3:08am On Aug 31, 2017
Just shut it Mr Rocket Scientist, you are simply clueless and grossly incompetent to achieve meaningful positive strides in those ministries under your care. You are just a corrupt, petty rabble rouser filled with empty excuses
What a sorry azxx this boastful man is.

12 Likes

Re: Poor State Of Roads: My Hands Are Tied, Fashola Pleads With Nigerians by Nobody: 3:19am On Aug 31, 2017
interesting.... seems you are been paid for nothing... my 10cent.. why not untie your hands and resign... stop eating while u not working.... incompetent fellas + gov't.

5 Likes

Re: Poor State Of Roads: My Hands Are Tied, Fashola Pleads With Nigerians by three: 4:05am On Aug 31, 2017
Excuses

1 Like

Re: Poor State Of Roads: My Hands Are Tied, Fashola Pleads With Nigerians by elriyaz(m): 4:47am On Aug 31, 2017
after all​ they will come and blame the house for their failure. just shut up!!!

1 Like

Re: Poor State Of Roads: My Hands Are Tied, Fashola Pleads With Nigerians by ZombieTAMER: 5:32am On Aug 31, 2017
Excuses upon excuses
A failure will always be a failure

Truth is that buharis cluelessñess has infected all his cabinet members...
The fool is blaming weather for his incompetence
What a pity

2 Likes

Re: Poor State Of Roads: My Hands Are Tied, Fashola Pleads With Nigerians by josephobaro(m): 5:58am On Aug 31, 2017
APC's story upon story.

I keep wondering what will be their campaign promises come 2019.

3 Likes

Re: Poor State Of Roads: My Hands Are Tied, Fashola Pleads With Nigerians by paiz: 6:17am On Aug 31, 2017
Why wont your hands be tied when you all are busy looting, oga loose that hand or resign

2 Likes

Re: Poor State Of Roads: My Hands Are Tied, Fashola Pleads With Nigerians by juman(m): 6:26am On Aug 31, 2017
APC is excessively senseless government.

They achieve nothing except complaining day in day out.

PDP was voted out when they had no solution to the country's problems.

APC is too clueless to know how to solve the problems.

2 Likes

Re: Poor State Of Roads: My Hands Are Tied, Fashola Pleads With Nigerians by Ibifizzleboy(m): 6:54am On Aug 31, 2017
The almighty super minister. using whether as excuse. APC GOVT OF BLAMES AND EXCUSES

1 Like

Re: Poor State Of Roads: My Hands Are Tied, Fashola Pleads With Nigerians by murphyibiam15(m): 6:57am On Aug 31, 2017
then resign
Re: Poor State Of Roads: My Hands Are Tied, Fashola Pleads With Nigerians by rexlims(m): 7:01am On Aug 31, 2017
c him foolishness. roads can be built anytime of d year. d best time to build a road is even d raining season cos u can test d structural integrity of d road as well as determine d proper gradient of d road. well what do I know am not a rocket scientist.

1 Like

Re: Poor State Of Roads: My Hands Are Tied, Fashola Pleads With Nigerians by totorimi: 7:08am On Aug 31, 2017
This man is a joke.

1 Like

Re: Poor State Of Roads: My Hands Are Tied, Fashola Pleads With Nigerians by captleonerd(m): 7:29am On Aug 31, 2017
Ratello:
Just shut it Mr Rocket Scientist, you are simply clueless and grossly incompetent to achieve meaningful positive strides in those ministries under your care. You are just a corrupt, petty rabble rouser filled with empty excuses
What a sorry azxx this boastful man is.
most of our youths like this guy I quoted are just too docile and unintelligent. they don't even known their true enemy so they don't know who to attack.

a few months ago the legislature

- slashed the budget for Lagos-ibadan expressway from 16b to 6billion. moved a whooping 10b to purchase of grinding machines and boreholes as constituency projects that they will never execute.

- removed a whooping 5b naira from the FG's counterpart fund for the second Naija bridge and moved it to grinding machines and boreholes (sic)

- slashed the budget for another road (can't remember the name) connecting four states in the North and moved the funds to constituency projects that won't be executed.

Fashola screamed out and we know the people that told him to shut up and take the blame.

thus country will be free the moment the youths recognise their true enemy and stop chasing shadows

let me mention their monikers

kingsolex, three, elriyaz, zombietamer, josephobaro, paiz, juman, ibifizzleboy, murphyibiam15, totorimi, rexlims

over 11 comments and none of them is sensible enough to blame the legislature for removing money from roads to buy billions of naira worth of grinding machines.

una mumu never do

5 Likes

Re: Poor State Of Roads: My Hands Are Tied, Fashola Pleads With Nigerians by omohayek: 7:33am On Aug 31, 2017
Well said. Unfortunately, you're wasting your time with people who just want an excuse to vent their tribal hatred, facts be damned - the same sorts of people who blamed Fashola when the representatives and senators from their own region voted to divert funds meant for the 2nd Niger Bridge into "constituency projects" that only end up funding the flashy lifestyles of thieves like Dino Melaye.

captleonerd:
most of our youths like this guy I quoted are just too docile and unintelligent. they don't even known their true enemy so they don't know who to attack.

- slashed the budget for Lagos-ibadan expressway from 16b to 6billion. moved a whooping 10b to purchase of grinding machines and boreholes as constituency projects that they will never execute.

- removed a whooping 5b naira from the FG's counterpart fund for the second Naija bridge and moved it to grinding machines and boreholes (sic)

- slashed the budget for another road (can't remember the name) connecting four states in the North and moved the funds to constituency projects that won't be executed.

Fashola screamed out and we know the people that told him to shut up and take the blame.

thus country will be free the moment the youths recognise their true enemy and stop chasing shadows

1 Like

Re: Poor State Of Roads: My Hands Are Tied, Fashola Pleads With Nigerians by ajepako(f): 7:34am On Aug 31, 2017
Go on uncle Fash...

Blame on...

Tick tock beeps the clock...

3 Likes

Re: Poor State Of Roads: My Hands Are Tied, Fashola Pleads With Nigerians by Omeokachie: 7:37am On Aug 31, 2017
If your hands are tied, are your legs also tied from walking away?

Perks of office are obviously too sweet to turn your back on oga, talk true!

2 Likes

Re: Poor State Of Roads: My Hands Are Tied, Fashola Pleads With Nigerians by captleonerd(m): 7:38am On Aug 31, 2017
omohayek:
Well said. Unfortunately, you're wasting your time with people who just want an excuse to vent their tribal hatred, facts be damned - the same sorts of people who blamed Fashola when the representatives and senators from their own region voted to divert funds meant for the 2nd Niger Bridge into "constituency projects" that only end up funding the flashy lifestyles of thieves like Dino Melaye.

it's a big shame!!! I wonder how the country they crave to have so desperately will work with this kind of mentality. back then fashola cried blue murder and they all told him to shut up. now he's telling them he can't work without the budget and they want him to pave the roads with gold from his as$

these yoots are the real zombies

1 Like

Re: Poor State Of Roads: My Hands Are Tied, Fashola Pleads With Nigerians by Okoroawusa: 7:39am On Aug 31, 2017
captleonerd:

kingsolex, three, elriyaz, zombietamer, josephobaro, paiz, juman, ibifizzleboy, murphyibiam15, totorimi, rexlims

over 11 comments and none of them is sensible enough to blame the legislature for removing money from roads to buy billions of naira worth of grinding machines.

una mumu never do
Sir,no matter how much u try to explain they can never understand.
Re: Poor State Of Roads: My Hands Are Tied, Fashola Pleads With Nigerians by Joejonah(m): 7:41am On Aug 31, 2017
After promising heaven and earth, when it's time to execute your hand become tied. You said you will bring electricity in 6 months. Your hands are equally tied on that.

2 Likes

Re: Poor State Of Roads: My Hands Are Tied, Fashola Pleads With Nigerians by captleonerd(m): 7:44am On Aug 31, 2017
Okoroawusa:

Sir,no matter how much u try to explain they can never understand.
sometimes I begin to wonder if these yoots are homo sapiens like us or still stuck at the homo abilis stage of evolution. it's a big shame

hate and bitterness really impairs proper brain function

1 Like

Re: Poor State Of Roads: My Hands Are Tied, Fashola Pleads With Nigerians by Ratello: 9:52am On Aug 31, 2017
captleonerd:

una mumu never do
I hardly read through your lengthy banals knowing fully well that you are just like your master Fashola filled with noise but no voice, it is noteworthy that if truly Fashola is competent as you always portray him to be, he won't be a perpetual complainer and excuse givers as he had always been from inception of his sojourn in this aimless government of APC. I think you are just a kid working for Fashola and willing to die for him. Sail on kid.

1 Like

Re: Poor State Of Roads: My Hands Are Tied, Fashola Pleads With Nigerians by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 31, 2017
rats tied his hands

Re: Poor State Of Roads: My Hands Are Tied, Fashola Pleads With Nigerians by baralatie(m): 9:55am On Aug 31, 2017
e no easy! understand
Re: Poor State Of Roads: My Hands Are Tied, Fashola Pleads With Nigerians by captleonerd(m): 9:58am On Aug 31, 2017
Ratello:

I hardly read through your lengthy banals knowing fully well that you are just like your master Fashola filled with noise but no voice, it is noteworthy that if truly Fashola is competent as you always portray him to be, he won't be a perpetual complainer and excuse givers as he had always been from inception of his sojourn in this aimless government of APC. I think you are just a kid working for Fashola and willing to die for him. Sail on kid.
ignorant one. as a minister he did his job by submitting a budget for his ministry but your senators slashed the budget by more than half. we are talking of a critical ministry like works o. yet you want him to perform magic and fix the roads without paying contractors. something is wring with your brain. you even had the guts to call me a kid after this your foolish opinion

1 Like

Re: Poor State Of Roads: My Hands Are Tied, Fashola Pleads With Nigerians by Ratello: 10:09am On Aug 31, 2017
captleonerd:
ignorant one. as a minister he did his job by submitting a budget for his ministry but your senators slashed the budget by more than half. we are talking of a critical ministry like works o. yet you want him to perform magic and fix the roads without paying contractors. something is wring with your brain. you even had the guts to call me a kid after this your foolish opinion
You sure do know more than the Senators who slashed the "Rogue Fashola" budget almost by half knowing fully well the "dirty smooth criminal" antecedent in jerking up value of budgets beyond reasonable measure yet not completing such projects. I hope your sorry azzz still remembered the website he designed with an outrageous amount that will make any reasonable website designer to wonder aloud if he is designing for heaven, need I remind you of the car pack fiasco? What about the simple 3 km lekki-epe road he quoted outrageous sum for yet couldn't complete? What do you have to say about the 1km bridge at ikoyi the rogue completed with that "terrific sum"? Don't let me assume you are suffering from bipolar disorder this early morning please. Stop posting lengthy bullshiite again anytime Fashola's case comes up for discussion. It makes you appear to some of us as a kid!

3 Likes

Re: Poor State Of Roads: My Hands Are Tied, Fashola Pleads With Nigerians by thundafire: 10:09am On Aug 31, 2017
The are even blaming rainy season and not GEJ,dats a good development but na PDP he go blame for his hands been tied
Re: Poor State Of Roads: My Hands Are Tied, Fashola Pleads With Nigerians by captleonerd(m): 10:12am On Aug 31, 2017
Ratello:

You sure do know more than the Senators who slashed the "Rogue Fashola" budget almost by half knowing fully well the "dirty smooth criminal" antecedent in jerking up value of budgets beyond reasonable measure yet not completing such projects. I hope your sorry azzz still remembered the website he designed with an outrageous amount that will make any reasonable website designer to wonder aloud if he is designing for heaven, need I remind you of the car pack fiasco? What about the simple 3 km lekki-epe road he quoted outrageous sum for yet couldn't complete? What do you have to say about the 1km bridge at ikoyi the rogue completed with that "terrific sum"? Don't let me assume you are suffering from bipolar disorder this early morning please. Stop posting lengthy bullshiite again anytime Fashola's case comes up for discussion. It makes you appear to some of us as a kid!
keep making a fool of yourself. at the end of the day your Niger bridge remains untouched for another year simply because the senators you are defending removed the 5b FG counterpart fund and shared it amongst themselves for the purchase of grinding machines. hope you've collected your own grinding machine? this is September o

your mumu never do

1 Like

Re: Poor State Of Roads: My Hands Are Tied, Fashola Pleads With Nigerians by SalamRushdie: 10:13am On Aug 31, 2017
So what is the fraud called Fashola going to blame for the poor electricity supply we have been facing since rain is to blame for the bad roads

2 Likes

Re: Poor State Of Roads: My Hands Are Tied, Fashola Pleads With Nigerians by Ratello: 10:16am On Aug 31, 2017
captleonerd:
keep making a fool of yourself. at the end of the day your Niger bridge remains untouched for another year simply because the senators you are defending removed the 5b FG counterpart fund and shared it amongst themselves for the purchase of grinding machines. hope you've collected your own grinding machine? this is September o

your mumu never do

At least no more lengthy banals from you on Fashola again! We are wiser to know those who are for real and the pretenders, 2019 is our next option if Nigeria will still be one then. Fashola is a rogue Gerrit?

1 Like

Re: Poor State Of Roads: My Hands Are Tied, Fashola Pleads With Nigerians by dokie: 10:17am On Aug 31, 2017
captleonerd:

una mumu never do

From your statement, you believe you are more intelligent than most youths in Nigeria, right? Yet it doesn't strike you that a man of integrity resigns rather than give excuses.

Chris Kolade resigned his appointment as the head of SureP when he realized he wasn't going to be given the free hand to run the program. That's what men of integrity do. Most foreign technical advisers we have had for the super eagles threaten or eventually resign as a result of interference with their jobs by the NFF. That's what men of integrity do. Festus Odumegwu resigned his appointment when he realized that the government was not going to give him a free hand to conduct the census. That's what performers do.

No true performer would allow you tarnish the name he has made for himself over the years, a true man of integrity values that name more than any position you want to offer himor that he is occupying.

Fashola has failed in power, has failed in works and does not even exist in housing and you are here blaming the Legislature? Since they are hindering his performance,He should resign and tell Nigerians that he can't cope. Then he will keep the supposed goodwill that he has. But no he won't.

The name he made in Lagos, he has lost in abuja (making it obvious that there was really no big deal in what he did in Lagos - Ambode is doing same if not better) and he doesn't think it's time to leave yet until he starts getting insulted. And here you are saying the youths are docile and unintelligent, insulting those quoting and criticizing your lousy, shallow and sentiment laden comment.

Your mumu level is raised to the power of infinity. You need devine help to be redeemable.

Get out.

5 Likes

Re: Poor State Of Roads: My Hands Are Tied, Fashola Pleads With Nigerians by Ratello: 10:22am On Aug 31, 2017
dokie:

From your statement, you believe you are more intelligent than most youths in Nigeria, right? Yet it doesn't strike you that a man of integrity resigns rather than give excuses.

Chris Lola's resigned his appointment as the head of SureP when he realized he wasn't going to be given the free hand to run the program. That's what men of integrity do. Most foreign technical advisers we have had for the super eagles threaten or eventually resign as a result of interference with their jobs by the NFF. That's what men of integrity do. Festus Odumegwu resigned his appointment when he realized that the government was not going to give him a free hand to conduct the census. That's what performers do.

No true performer would allow you tarnish the name he has made for himself over the year, a true man of integrity values that name more than any position you want to offer him.

Fashola has failed in power, has failed in works and does not even exist in housing and you are here blaming the house? He should resign.

The name he made in Lagos, he has lost in abuja (making it obvious that there was really no big deal in what he did in Lagos - Ambode is doing same if not better) and he doesn't think it's time to leave yet until he starts getting insulted. And here you are saying the youths are docile and unintelligent.

You need to check yourself.
Leave that Fashola's boy alone. He is out of steam he is just noise and no voice. I can't believe a sane-minded human in this modern age that choose to be defending Nigerian Politicians as if they are reasonable. Fashola is a rogue!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tension In Presidency: Buhari Frets Over 2019 / I Will Replace Buhari As Nigeria’s President – Governor Okorocha / APC Ward Congress; Secretariat Burnt To Ashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.