Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,928 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

5 Tips To Help You Get A Job Abroad From Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Tips To Help You Get A Job Abroad From Nigeria (23377 Views)

Have You Gotten A Job Abroad Using Indeed App/website While In Nigeria? / 5 Tips To Make Your CV Standout And Grab Employers Attention In 2020 / 5 Tips To Increase The Value Of Your CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Tips To Help You Get A Job Abroad From Nigeria by BiafranBushBoy: 6:18am On Aug 31, 2017
For graduates who need to get a job abroad from Nigeria, I believe this article would come in handy. I have had the opportunity of asking questions from people who were fortunate to get a job abroad from Nigeria. They gave me some excellent tips, which I would want to share right in this article.

Getting a job and working in a foreign country has lots of advantages in your professional development and finance. Lots of Nigerians, who have the idea of getting a job abroad, either plan to work on permanent or temporal positions.

The choice to become an expatriate isn’t something to joke with. Remember that most countries have more advanced technologies than Nigeria, so you need to be ‘special’ to get hired. I lots of Nigerian graduates throw in their resumes to many foreign job sites and hope to get a callback. The truth remains that the foreign job market doesn’t work that way.

Due to the economic situations in Nigeria, many of Nigerian graduates are now seeking employment options in rising market, such as Dubai, United States, Europe, and Oceanic countries. The reward for getting a job abroad is huge, but you need to do it the right way.

Target Countries with Shortage of Skilled Labor

Countries with low population and labor market should be considered first. These countries are more open to accepting workers from countries like Nigeria than countries with a surging labor market and working class population.

The idea of getting a job in the United States, and the United Kingdom from Nigeria sounds tempting, but your chances are at 0.01%.

Why struggle to get a job in these countries with surging working class population, when there are other countries that need your skill and presence?

Countries like Oman, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Denmark, Germany and etc. all have packages that enable foreigners to come into the country as skilled workers. The program has its own requirements, and you should make your research on it. Every year, many Nigerians get a job in these foreign countries with little or no stress.

You Should Have Great Skill-Sets

The countries that I listed above, only accept workers with great skill sets. Whether graduate or not, once your skill is listed in the skill-shortage list, then you are good to go.

Several times I have seen many Information Technology skills top the list. The world is revolving around I.T, and many foreign firms are open to accepting people with such skills.

Just last year, two of my friends who are Software Engineers were called up by a German firm to come work for them. It was an all-expense paid employment. There are so many other skills that get attention, but I think Information Technology skills top the list.

Align Your CV with the Country’s Standard

It is worth knowing that every country has their own standard way of writing their CV – it is up to you to research about it. If you wish to get a job abroad from Nigeria, then be sure to comply with the standards in your country of choice.

I believe that most foreign countries use the European format, which you can get by [urlhttp://topwritersden.com/get-a-job-abroad-from-nigeria/]By Clicking Here[/url]

It is quite tasking to design such a CV, but the result is worth it if you strike a balance – i. e between your skills and the country you wish to apply to.

Your CV should be sent in alongside a cover letter that clearly explains two things;

Why you should be hired above their nationals
Why you wish to leave Nigeria and work in their country.

Once your application sounds great and your skills are top notch, be rest assured of getting a callback.

Experience and Educational Level Matters a lot

To be able to get a job abroad from Nigeria, two things would aid you.

Your Experience in your field
Your Educational level.

Unless you are applying for an internship position – which is easier, but be sure you are well equipped in the departments mentioned above.

Online Application is great, but Offline is better

This might be money consuming but it is surely the way forward. The fastest way to get a job abroad from Nigeria is to step your feet in the country of choice. When you have the experience and the skills to match, putting up a physical presence will help you faster.

It is easy to get a business Visa of 3-months, which will give you time to scout for jobs in your country of choice. Be sure to come back as soon as your visa expires.

In a situation that you can’t afford the expenses that come along with offline scouting, you can make do with online applications.

I won’t suggest the use of agents. But if you get a reliable agent with good connections, then your job has been made easier

In summary, if you wish to get a job abroad from Nigeria, then you need to have the Skills, Experience, Information, and finally the Connection. Whichever one you have, it requires time to achieve. I will still come up with some of the skills that can help you achieve your dream of working abroad.

Information is power! Like and share this article with your friends who might need it. Thanks.

66 Likes 22 Shares

Re: 5 Tips To Help You Get A Job Abroad From Nigeria by BiafranBushBoy: 6:19am On Aug 31, 2017
Question about CV... you can ask me and get it answered perfectly well.

lalasticlala good morning

Source: http://topwritersden.com/get-a-job-abroad-from-nigeria/

You can download the European format of CV By Clicking Here

1 Like

Re: 5 Tips To Help You Get A Job Abroad From Nigeria by Oluwaseyi456(m): 8:10am On Aug 31, 2017
Nigeria oh nija

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Tips To Help You Get A Job Abroad From Nigeria by Jetjacky(m): 8:11am On Aug 31, 2017
have you gotten the job? Nice write-up
Which country are working for now?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Tips To Help You Get A Job Abroad From Nigeria by BTT(m): 8:11am On Aug 31, 2017
Timely

1 Like

Re: 5 Tips To Help You Get A Job Abroad From Nigeria by obajoey(m): 8:12am On Aug 31, 2017
Get a linkedin profile.

6 Likes

Re: 5 Tips To Help You Get A Job Abroad From Nigeria by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 31, 2017
nice write up, but like someone said, you need to have a well packaged LinkedIn profile, and have certifications in ur field that are recognized world wide. I once got a job offer from Angola via one of my LinkedIn contacts, tho I later met the guy when i went for a course in India, but before then i already made my research on Angola( Angola visa na die!) and knowing fully well that most foreign jobs there fall within the oil and gas industry, so it was easier for me to stand a chance due to my experience and certifications. Tho i declined the offer cos i was engaged here.
Also u need to consider the official language of the said country too.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Tips To Help You Get A Job Abroad From Nigeria by Tobbey(m): 8:13am On Aug 31, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: 5 Tips To Help You Get A Job Abroad From Nigeria by sunbbo(m): 8:18am On Aug 31, 2017
Nice one Op,

In other news see the 5 secrets to pass your next interview successfully.

An interview provides the opportunity for the prospective employer to get to know you as a person and to verify that the skills and experiences stated in your resume are true. Assume that all the interviewees will have the necessary job qualifications. It’s how you handle yourself during the interview that makes the difference that will result in a job offer. Find the 5 Secrets to pass your next job interview as follows:

1.) PREPARE: RESEARCH IS IMPORTANT

Research the organization. Find out as much as you can about their accomplishments so you know what they do and what they care most about. Punctuality is critical so check the location in advance. Whether you drive or take public transit, do a “test-run” at the same time of day as the appointment.

2.) DRESS WELL FOR THE INTERVIEW

Dress appropriately and wear clothing that both fits well and is comfortable. Wear a suit in an interview in a business office. For less conservative environments, slacks and a nice shirt work well for both men and women, or women can wear a skirt and blouse or a dress. A safe rule is to dress to fit into the setting, not stand out in it.

https://www.nairaland.com/4021386/5-secrets-pass-next-interview
Re: 5 Tips To Help You Get A Job Abroad From Nigeria by carlarock: 8:18am On Aug 31, 2017
Nice one op
Re: 5 Tips To Help You Get A Job Abroad From Nigeria by holycup(m): 8:21am On Aug 31, 2017
What about getting a Job somewhere like Turkey, instanbul?is it lucrative too. Please explain @op abegoo
Re: 5 Tips To Help You Get A Job Abroad From Nigeria by MVLOX(m): 8:22am On Aug 31, 2017
There is no harm in trying cha....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Tips To Help You Get A Job Abroad From Nigeria by akinmusi(m): 8:23am On Aug 31, 2017
Jetjacky:
have you gotten the job? Nice write-up
Which country are working for now?

You are concerned about the messenger not the message.

My opinion, take whatever is applicable or of immense benefit to you and let the op be. But one thing you may not know: the message might not necessarily be for you.

An herbalist (babalawo) can do an effective charm for money rituals for his patronisers but hardly for himself, sometimes or even never.

:::Konfaamuni

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Tips To Help You Get A Job Abroad From Nigeria by Kenneth205(m): 8:27am On Aug 31, 2017
Nice
Re: 5 Tips To Help You Get A Job Abroad From Nigeria by jashar(f): 8:28am On Aug 31, 2017
Lemme come and be going to the abroad for work..... cheesy
Re: 5 Tips To Help You Get A Job Abroad From Nigeria by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 31, 2017
BiafranBushBoy howfar?
Re: 5 Tips To Help You Get A Job Abroad From Nigeria by YelloweWest: 8:35am On Aug 31, 2017
Well done op.
Re: 5 Tips To Help You Get A Job Abroad From Nigeria by kellyjoesteve: 8:46am On Aug 31, 2017
Thanks OP for this wonderful info. True be told skill matters a lot if you really wants to securt job fast. Is only here in Nigeria certificate does everything.

For your Businesss idea, and management, job-tips, available loans and important of insurance check my signature
Re: 5 Tips To Help You Get A Job Abroad From Nigeria by ammyluv2002(f): 9:04am On Aug 31, 2017
Thanks OP! I really enjoyed reading your article and I will definitely need it someday. I can't wait to have such an opportunity

1 Like

Re: 5 Tips To Help You Get A Job Abroad From Nigeria by AmuEwu: 9:12am On Aug 31, 2017
Please guys in you quest travel abroad in search of a job, i plead with you guys to avoid those countries on the Persian golf. I am talking about countries like UAE, QATAR, OMAN, and many more. Those countries are getting infamous for using modern day slaves. This little piece of information could save your life or the life of your friend

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Tips To Help You Get A Job Abroad From Nigeria by dboss444: 9:23am On Aug 31, 2017
please i want to ask a question i have been doing personal business throughout 2017 i even have a registered company , if i want to apply for a job in a bank should i put ceo inside my cv or i should not try it at all. please i need answers help out
Re: 5 Tips To Help You Get A Job Abroad From Nigeria by ThisKC(m): 9:44am On Aug 31, 2017
Also consider getting a certificate from any top notch university in Nigeria. Such that when they check any list of Top10 universities in Nigeria, at least one would be present on your CV

1 Like

Re: 5 Tips To Help You Get A Job Abroad From Nigeria by MOORCHMOORE(m): 10:31am On Aug 31, 2017
Booked
Re: 5 Tips To Help You Get A Job Abroad From Nigeria by Nwogeh: 10:33am On Aug 31, 2017
AmuEwu:
Please guys in you quest travel abroad in search of a job, i plead with you guys to avoid those countries on the Persian golf. I am talking about countries like UAE, QATAR, OMAN, and many more. Those countries are getting infamous for using modern day slaves. This little piece of information could save your life or the life of your friend

but my cousin is in Qatar and he has not complained for one day.. .infact he enjoys there.

1 Like

Re: 5 Tips To Help You Get A Job Abroad From Nigeria by BiafranBushBoy: 10:41am On Aug 31, 2017
BroZuma:
BiafranBushBoy howfar?

I dey . How you dey?
Re: 5 Tips To Help You Get A Job Abroad From Nigeria by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 31, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

I dey . How you dey?
I just pin.
Re: 5 Tips To Help You Get A Job Abroad From Nigeria by BiafranBushBoy: 10:56am On Aug 31, 2017
We go discuss for evening. I go send you mail now.
BroZuma:
I just pin.
Re: 5 Tips To Help You Get A Job Abroad From Nigeria by jarx: 11:02am On Aug 31, 2017
I love this post. you opened my eyes
Re: 5 Tips To Help You Get A Job Abroad From Nigeria by Talkingboy: 11:17am On Aug 31, 2017
AmuEwu:

Why say So Sir?

I am not being rude sir , sorry , i just wanna know

Thanks sir

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Messed Up An Interview. True Story / LAPO Is Recruiting Personal Assistant To Director And Marketer / Reasons Your Relatives Can’t Help You Get A Job Where They Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.