Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,328 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

12 Year-old Girl Kills Herself Over Menstruation Shame - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 12 Year-old Girl Kills Herself Over Menstruation Shame (829 Views)

Kenyan Woman Kills Herself And Her Two Children Over Husband's Infidelity (Pics) / Mother Kills Herself And Child After Father Denied The Baby / Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Year-old Girl Kills Herself Over Menstruation Shame by splendidng: 3:04pm On Aug 31, 2017
A 12-year-old school-girl from southern India has killed herself after a teacher purportedly humiliated her over a blood stain from menstruation.

In a suicide note, she lay blame on the teacher of "Torturing" her.

Although the girl did not mention period shaming in her letter, the mother says her daughter was asked to leave the class because of the stain.

"I do not know why my teacher is making complaints against me. I still can't understand why they are harassing and torturing me like this," the student said in her suicide note.

Her mother indicted the teacher of having beaten her daughter in the past for not doing her homework.

''My daughter got her periods while she was in school last Saturday," her mother told BBC.

When she informed the teacher, she was given a duster cloth to use as a pad. "The teacher made my daughter stand outside the class. How can a 12-year-old withstand such humiliation?" she asked.

Source: http://www.civdigitech.com/2017/08/12-year-old-girl-kills-herself-over.html
Re: 12 Year-old Girl Kills Herself Over Menstruation Shame by jen4r: 3:25pm On Aug 31, 2017
eyeaa!!! rip.......
Re: 12 Year-old Girl Kills Herself Over Menstruation Shame by Larwin(m): 3:32pm On Aug 31, 2017
sad

Re: 12 Year-old Girl Kills Herself Over Menstruation Shame by Yeligray(m): 3:34pm On Aug 31, 2017
Wat kinda nonsense is this. Menstruation is a natural thing which everyone is well aware of... The teacher should be severely dealt with. That's a case of stigmatization

(1) (Reply)

Muslim Alfa Caught With Fresh Human Head In Osun State / Two feared dead, policeman shot as cultists declare war on C/River community / Photos: Kenyan Serving Sentence In Kirikiri Prison For Drug Trafficking Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.