Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,212 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

President Finally Speaks On The Makurdi Flood - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Finally Speaks On The Makurdi Flood (471 Views)

Politics defection: Senator Ekweremadu Finally Speaks On Dumping PDP For APC / PDP Primary: Tambuwal Finally Speaks On Loss To Atiku, Reveals Next Action / Makurdi Flood: Victims Chased Away By Govt Official Because Registration Is Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

President Finally Speaks On The Makurdi Flood by KOKSNATION: 11:53pm On Aug 31, 2017
Following the recent disaster that befell the Makurdi municipal of Benue State, the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has released an official statement concerning the flooding.

The President stated that the Government has ordered the National Emergency Management Agency to see to the disaster with immediate effect.

Here is the official statement:
I have received with great concern reports of the flooding in Benue State, displacing, from early estimates, more than 100,000 people.

I have directed @nemanigeria to immediately mobilize personnel and resources to the aid of the affected communities and persons.

I will be monitoring and getting updates on the rollout of the Federal Government's humanitarian response to the Benue flooding disaster.

My sympathies go to the Benue Govt & people.I assure that the FG will make available ALL assistance needed by the BSG & affected communities.

We will surmount this disaster, and, working with the State Govt, bring succour and relief to all affected persons and communities.

For full details: https://koksnation..com.ng/2017/08/trends-flood-in-makurdi-presidential.html
Re: President Finally Speaks On The Makurdi Flood by olamil34(m): 11:55pm On Aug 31, 2017
i give up

(1) (Reply)

Exit From Recession: "Our Work's Not Done Yet"-buhari / Nigeria And The Journey So Far! / See What A Northerner Posted About His Deployment That Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.