Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,417 members, 7,826,606 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Help With Submitting Passport To Canadian High Commission - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Help With Submitting Passport To Canadian High Commission (4086 Views)

Write For Us General: Submitting Your Content To Websites / Photo Of Ike Ekweremadu In UK Court And Letter He Wrote British High Commission / Birth Registration: A Passport To The Future – Gov Akeredolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help With Submitting Passport To Canadian High Commission by amyames: 11:55pm On Aug 31, 2017
Hello everyone. Please I need your input on the following:

I just received a PPR (passport request) from IRCC, to stamp my immigrant visa for permanent residency. I was given two options for sending it to the Canadian High Commission:
1. DHL - to be used if sending with additional documents.
2. VFS Global - to be used if sending passport alone.

They also asked for passport photos, updated family info (Form 1MM008), medical exam and police clearance (though I have submitted the last two previously). Because of this, I want to use DHL. There was a link to VFS Global, but no given mailing address if using DHL directly. So here are my questions:

1. I can easily find the addresses online, but which am I sending to: Canadian High Commission (Abuja) or Deputy High Commission of Canada (Lagos)?
2. Who do I address the package to? For example "Attn: Immigration Officer"...or something like that?
3. Has anyone had to fill Form IMM008 and Additional Family Information forms? They want me to send these as well. IMM008 is called Generic Application Form for Canada and is easy to fill out. The second one is Form IMM5406E. Do I fill the section for siblings and parents, or do I leave it blank cos they're not traveling with me and are not my dependents? (I am single and traveling alone). Here's the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5406E.pdf

Please see excerpt of the mail below. Any help on any of the above questions is appreciated. Thanks in advance. Cheers.

THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTATION WILL BE REQUIRED TO ISSUE YOUR VISA:

☐ UPDATED FAMILY INFORMATION: You must advise us of any change in your marital status or family composition. All family members must be listed on your IMM008 and Additional Family Information forms. Failure to comply may result in a delay in the issuance of your visa.
☐ PASSPORTS: Ensure you read and follow the points below:
There is an individual passport for each family member accompanying you to Canada. Children must have their own passports.
Each passport is valid for at least 6 months from the time you come for the visa.
Each passport has sufficient free pages (two required for our visa, plus pages for any transit visa)
☐ TWO (2) PHOTOS FOR EACH FAMILY MEMBER:
These photographs must follow the photo specifications outlined in the following link: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf. Ensure they are taken with a WHITE BACKGROUND and that the SIZE OF THE FACE is between 31 – 36 mm. Photos should not be stapled, glued or pinned (you can paperclip or attach them using an envelope). The photographs must be unblemished as they will be used to produce your Permanent Resident Card once you are in Canada.
☐ MEDICAL EXAMS AND POLICE CLEARANCES: This is relevant only if specifically requested and not already provided. If you must provide these documents, be sure to complete your medical exams and submit your police clearances either AT THE SAME TIME or BEFORE you submit your passport.
Re: Help With Submitting Passport To Canadian High Commission by sholajigga(m): 2:18pm On Sep 03, 2017
Pls, don't use that VFS. They'll make you regret ever using them. Avoid them if you can sir!

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News From Port Harcourt / Seun Please Upgrade Nairaland And Introduce These Features / Nigerian Creates Home Made Washing Machine(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.