Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Why You Shouldn’t Have More Than 10 Plugins In Your Wordpress Site - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why You Shouldn’t Have More Than 10 Plugins In Your Wordpress Site (393 Views)

Top 10 Best Wordpress SEO Plugins In 2020 / ❤❤10 Top Best Selling Wordpress Themes And Plugins In 1 Pack @ N5,000 / I Can't Install Plugins In My Wordpress Again, Help!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Shouldn’t Have More Than 10 Plugins In Your Wordpress Site by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:58am On Sep 01, 2017
By Edikan Victor

Plugins are very good for website functionality and of all Custom Management Websites (CMS) applications; WordPress has the largest plugin repository because so many super-functional WordPress plugins are free and have more documentation than any other platform like Blogger and Drupal.

Plugins can be used to beautify your site and give it super functionalities like calendar, time, social media widget, real-time site visitors statistics, trending post counters, currency conversion, voting poll, image rotation, pinned post and so many other functionalities.

But do you know that installing many Plugins in your WordPress sites is harmful to your site even though the Plugins adds more beautification and functionality to your site?

Firstly, the most important aspect a blogger should consider is the speed of his/her blog. Remember that most people will just exit your blog if it takes more than 10 seconds to load with good internet connectivity.

Since Plugins are applications, installing many Plugins on your site equally amounts to the installation of many applications. This usually slows down the speed of your website. Some Plugins are heavier than the theme itself there leading to the slowness of your website.

I recently discovered this in my blog Brainnews NG after changing two different hosting companies because of the slowness and regular shut down of the site whenever we have large traffic. My current hosting company had earlier advised me to take down a particular Plugin which is the cause of the site’s regular shut down but i ignored but when I obliged to do same the site performance was fair, but this continued till I have to remove loads of Plugins from my site and since then even when i have triple the rate of traffic that made the site shut down before the site is now very fast without any slowness.

Also so many Plugins on your site consumes much physical memory and CPU from your hosting plan thereby consuming your allocated bandwidth very quickly with little traffic.

There are some Plugins that are not compatible with the current theme and some can shut down the WordPress Administration dashboard instantly until you disable the Plugin from your host Cpanel dashboard (See my next article for this).

So before you get carried away by the functionalities of Plugins remember the disadvantages.

Ever wondered why some top Nigerian sites doesn’t have many Plugins to make the site look very beautiful? That’s the reason above.

SOURCE: http://brainnewsng.com/why-you-shouldnt-have-more-than-10-plugins-in-your-wordpress-site/

Re: Why You Shouldn’t Have More Than 10 Plugins In Your Wordpress Site by coolcharm(m): 8:11am On Sep 01, 2017
Abegi..
Unless your are referring to blogs.

When it comes to performance issues, the No.1 culprit is your hosting service. People who care about performance don't host their sites on shared hosting... They go dedicated or managed cloud.

You can use as many plugins as you want, and enque them properly without any performance issues.

Instead of blaming plugins, look at the various ways of optimizing site performance.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn’t Have More Than 10 Plugins In Your Wordpress Site by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:21am On Sep 01, 2017
coolcharm:
Abegi..
Unless your are referring to blogs.

When it comes to performance issues, the No.1 culprit is your hosting service. People who care about performance don't host their sites on shared hosting... They go dedicated or managed cloud.

You can use as many plugins as you want, and enque them properly without any performance issues.

Instead of blaming plugins, look at the various ways of optimizing site performance.

Yes i am referring to blogs
Re: Why You Shouldn’t Have More Than 10 Plugins In Your Wordpress Site by coolcharm(m): 8:24am On Sep 01, 2017
BrainnewsNg:

Yes i am referring to blogs

OK... I get now.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn’t Have More Than 10 Plugins In Your Wordpress Site by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:33am On Sep 01, 2017
Seun, Lalasticlala
Re: Why You Shouldn’t Have More Than 10 Plugins In Your Wordpress Site by dogstyle007(m): 11:39am On Sep 01, 2017
Nice

(1) (Reply)

How To Add Facebook Like Box To Blogger Blog / How To Make At Least N50,000 In A Month As An Affiliate Marketer In Nigeria / Information Marketing Business Startup Problems Solved.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.