Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Ways You Can Be Involved In Marketing Of Yam Tubers. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Ways You Can Be Involved In Marketing Of Yam Tubers. (1198 Views)

I Harvested These Yam Tubers From My Backyard Farm / Nigeria Is World’s Largest Producer Of Yam In FAO Ranking ― FG / Is This How Poor The Sales/marketing Of Broiler Birds Are? My Experience! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ways You Can Be Involved In Marketing Of Yam Tubers. by hoyze24: 10:02am On Sep 01, 2017
Happy new month everyone.
For the last part of this year which is a period of massive harvest, I'll be dwelling a lot on marketing of different agricultural produce from Benue state. Marketing as we all know is few of the agribusiness value chains that has different chains within itself again. I'll be starting with yam which is a major staple consumed by almost every Nigerian in different forms. In marketing of yam tubers, one can be involved in two major ways I would classify as Direct marketing and indirect marketing. Direct marketing involves physical and active participation in the marketing process. One who is directly involved can function as a produce aggregator, merchant, wholesaler and retailer. Working as any of these guarantees some profit though it differs. It involves a lot of hardwork and most importantly it entails having good knowledge about markets: supply and target. It requires dedication, tenacity and smartness.
The other option is indirect marketing. Marketers here are virtual marketers, they do not come in contact with produce. They have the biggest commitment in capital. They make money by getting returns on their investments either on monthly basis or after a period of time. It's been practiced for a long time in production but rarely done in marketing. Indirect involvement requires investing with trusted individuals or companies. So, whichever way you want to be involved, there's a place for everyone. You either get down to do the dirty job yourself or have people do it for you. Both ways you're getting more money in your account. For those who are interested in either marketing types, I can help you get trusted people you can deal with here.
Re: Ways You Can Be Involved In Marketing Of Yam Tubers. by fiftynaira(m): 10:12am On Sep 01, 2017
Following
Re: Ways You Can Be Involved In Marketing Of Yam Tubers. by hoyze24: 10:02am On Sep 04, 2017
Marketing directly is a cool option but it's uneasy for people currently on a job to be involved or one with no experience. I hope y'all are preparing for the yam season. I hope another big marketer emerges this season. It can only get better.
Re: Ways You Can Be Involved In Marketing Of Yam Tubers. by Dekadet(m): 8:22pm On Sep 04, 2017
hoyze24:
Happy new month everyone.
For the last part of this year which is a period of massive harvest, I'll be dwelling a lot on marketing of different agricultural produce from Benue state. Marketing as we all know is few of the agribusiness value chains that has different chains within itself again. I'll be starting with yam which is a major staple consumed by almost every Nigerian in different forms. In marketing of yam tubers, one can be involved in two major ways I would classify as Direct marketing and indirect marketing. Direct marketing involves physical and active participation in the marketing process. One who is directly involved can function as a produce aggregator, merchant, wholesaler and retailer. Working as any of these guarantees some profit though it differs. It involves a lot of hardwork and most importantly it entails having good knowledge about markets: supply and target. It requires dedication, tenacity and smartness.
The other option is indirect marketing. Marketers here are virtual marketers, they do not come in contact with produce. They have the biggest commitment in capital. They make money by getting returns on their investments either on monthly basis or after a period of time. It's been practiced for a long time in production but rarely done in marketing. Indirect involvement requires investing with trusted individuals or companies. So, whichever way you want to be involved, there's a place for everyone. You either get down to do the dirty job yourself or have people do it for you. Both ways you're getting more money in your account. For those who are interested in either marketing types, I can help you get trusted people you can deal with here.
I am interested. are u on WhatsApp? let's talk business.
Re: Ways You Can Be Involved In Marketing Of Yam Tubers. by hoyze24: 8:34pm On Sep 04, 2017
Dekadet:
I am interested. are u on WhatsApp? let's talk business.
You can reach me on 08026875710.
Re: Ways You Can Be Involved In Marketing Of Yam Tubers. by damoceile: 9:48pm On Sep 04, 2017
Dezenith1 coman see what I was telling you about
Re: Ways You Can Be Involved In Marketing Of Yam Tubers. by hoyze24: 1:41pm On Sep 09, 2017
It's few weeks away, don't be left out. Agriculture pays.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ways You Can Be Involved In Marketing Of Yam Tubers. by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 09, 2017
hoyze24:
It's few weeks away, don't be left out. Agriculture pays.
What is the current price?
Re: Ways You Can Be Involved In Marketing Of Yam Tubers. by hoyze24: 8:42pm On Sep 09, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

What is the current price?
People are not selling in large quantity at the moment. it's only in group of tens. Medium sized yams was 2500 for 10 tubers in katsina ala market on Thursday.
Re: Ways You Can Be Involved In Marketing Of Yam Tubers. by Nobody: 1:03am On Sep 10, 2017
hoyze24:

People are not selling in large quantity at the moment. it's only in group of tens. Medium sized yams was 2500 for 10 tubers in katsina ala market on Thursday.
Still cheaper than Kogi here even though new yams are plenty here.
Re: Ways You Can Be Involved In Marketing Of Yam Tubers. by ifeomagodwin75: 7:36am On Sep 10, 2017
hoyze24:

What of resellers like us in Lagos, what's the price and how do we go about it.
Re: Ways You Can Be Involved In Marketing Of Yam Tubers. by ifeomagodwin75: 7:40am On Sep 10, 2017
hoyze24:

What of resellers in Lagos, what's the price and how do we go about it.
Re: Ways You Can Be Involved In Marketing Of Yam Tubers. by hoyze24: 12:44pm On Sep 10, 2017
ifeomagodwin75:

What of resellers like us in Lagos, what's the price and how do we go about it.
Your selling price depends on the cost of purchasing tubers. Harvest of Benue yams had just commenced and it's still on a small scale at the moment. When it gets massive, I'm sure you'll get them at far lower prices.
Re: Ways You Can Be Involved In Marketing Of Yam Tubers. by hoyze24: 1:49pm On Sep 12, 2017
Anyone close to Garatu yam market in Niger?
Re: Ways You Can Be Involved In Marketing Of Yam Tubers. by hoyze24: 2:42pm On Sep 23, 2017
September is winding up, so is the year. You can still improve your finances before the year runs out. Why not get involved in marketing of produce? I can help you source good varieties at the best prices. There are many threads about yam business on this platform, contact any trusted person and get your supplies as well. If it's to get better, it's up to you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Own One Acre Of Plantain Farm With Just 350k / The Tomato Farm.... All You Need To Know / Healthy And Reliable Catfish Broodstock Available For Sales At DIXTA FARMS ONNA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.