Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,844 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

Why Peter Obi Wants Obiano Out Of Government House Awka - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Peter Obi Wants Obiano Out Of Government House Awka (317 Views)

10 Reasons Why Peter Obi Of Labour Part Is Loved By Nigerians Www.obitips.com / Villagers Catch Huge Python In Awka, Anambra, Cut Its Stomach Open After Killing / Why Peter Obi Wants Obiano Out Of Government House Awka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Peter Obi Wants Obiano Out Of Government House Awka by udubaba(m): 10:24am On Sep 01, 2017
WHY PETER OBI WANTS OBAZE TO REPLACE OBIANO

I was with Chief Peter Obi in Ohio, United State of America in March this year and as usual the discussion moved to politics in Nigeria, I noticed he is angry each time Anambra State is mentioned in our discussion. That made me to hit out and ask him a point blank question.

Chief do you have any regrets as a former Governor of Anambra State?

I was horrified as Chief Peter Obi convulsed as a man hit by a stray bullet in the head. He could not talk for about thirty seconds then he said. " I am a business man and my recent business venture in Anambra State government house failed because the man I assisted to become governor refused to pay me my seven billion" He continued. This is the biggest mistake I have made in my life as a business man. If I had known that he will not play ball, I would have insisted on Obaze. This statements shocked me because by mere looking at him making those statements, I saw a man in serious pain and regrets. Then I asked him some questions which made him to look even more miserable,

Your Excellency, how will you feel if he had paid you seven billion and he could not pay salaries knowing full well that you increased the workforce of Anambra State by seven thousand (7,000) workers a month before your handover? Also, if he had paid you seven billion and because of that, he could not handle the security of the state, how will you feel when violent crimes overtake the state? These question jolted Peter and he thundered back. I do not care. His security and salary payment can go to blazes. I need my money and that is all. I was amazed and surprised at the same time. Here is a former governor so mad when issues concerning his state is been discussed because his successor is doing well.

That discussion hit me like a tornado. That discussion made me to reflect on what Fayose said on Saturday last week, August 26th to be precise. He promised not to leave any project for his successor. I am aware Peter Obi left over 130 roads as abandoned projects in Anambra State before he hand over to Obiano, yet the man did not complain. He employed over seven thousand workers a month to his handover, still Obiano did not complain. Read this link and you will understand why I am not happy with the stand Peter Obi took.So many sectors has abandoned project when Peter handed over government to his successor.

Read more: https://www.naij.com/1122324-despite-nigerias-economic-recession-i-wont-leave-abandoned-projects-ekiti-fa.html

I am aware that Gov. Willie Obiano has done very well in changing Anambra’s notorious tag as the theater of crime and criminality in Nigeria’s south-east. He launched an all-out war against kidnappers, violent armed robberies, drug-dealers and child-traffickers. The governor donated dozens of cars and trucks to the police, a gunboat to the Navy and a helicopter to the police. In keeping with his promise to Anambrarians, Chief. Obiano has built and maintained many roads and bridges in this state. Three flyovers have been built in Awka. He has also built two bridges and a five-Cell culvert in Awgbu-Ndiukwuenu-Awa-Ufuma axis. The administration has asphalted over one hundred roads in Anambra State. Anambra under Chief Obiano increased the salary of workers by 15 per cent in 2015 at a time when many states were looking for bailouts. He has since cleared the N1.9 billion arrears of salaries owed the State Water Corporation staff as well as the approximately N1 billion pension owed Local Government retirees inherited by his administration. Gov. Willie Obiano’s administration in the last two years has made attempts at changing urban transportation in Anambra State by initiating the modern mass transit scheme that covers the three major cities in the state with 200 brand new taxis and 40 luxurious buses. This was followed up by the construction of modern bus stops and bus terminals in strategic parts of the state. This initiative was recently expanded to include marine transport with 24 Speedboats and Water Ambulances and one Gunboat for the Nigerian Navy. The idea is to open access to the riverine communities in the state and ensure that no part of the state is cut off. Also, his success in agriculture is unparalleled.

All these achievements would not be possible if Obiano had given Peter Obi seven billion Naira from Anambra State treasury. I like Peter Obi but on this his stand of seven billion from the treasury of the state, I totally disagree with him. Anambra needs all the resources it can gather to move the state forward. I won't support evil simply because Peter is my friend.

Samuel O. Maduka
Cleveland, Ohio.

(1) (Reply)

Dana Air Recruits, Trains More Nigerian Pilots…introduces Special Services Unit / Aquadana Awarded Highest Iso Certification / What Has Flesh Given Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.