Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,253 members, 7,815,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

40 Lessons From The Redeemed Christian Church Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 40 Lessons From The Redeemed Christian Church Of God (1888 Views)

Daddy Freeze: Stop Giving Winners And Redeemed Church Members Financial Aids / Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" / "Sex Is Sweet": Kaduna Redeemed Christian Church Of God Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

40 Lessons From The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by cantok(m): 2:44pm On Sep 01, 2017
Having listened to and engaged in a serious discussion with some leaders from the Redeemed Christian Church of God, I decided to share a few lessons that I learned about faith and religion. I measured if against the backdrop of their website at http://rccg.org/ The website itself is one of the best in west Africa in terms of clarity of beliefs and information on organization. Comments from Christians only please.
Some are controversial and some are mainstream. I reserve my comments as this discussion goes on.

FACTS ABOUT HOW CHURCH SEES ITSELF

THE BIBLE TEACHING

1. We believe that the entire Scripture – II Tim. 3:16-17.
2. All the Christian teachings and the Christian attitude of the Children of God are established in the Holy Bible – II Tim. 3:10-15; II Peter 1:21; John 17:17; Ps. 119:105.
3. We believe that the Bible is the written and revealed Will of God. Man’s position to God, the way to obtain salvation, woe and destruction awaiting sinners that refuse to repent and everlasting joy that is kept for the born again souls. Deut. 4:22; Rev. 22:18, 19; Matt. 24:34-38.

ABOUT GOD: Ps. 33:6-9

4. As revealed unto us by the Bible, we believe that there is only one God, Who is the Creator of both visible and invisible creatures -Gen. 1:1; Ps. 86:9-10; Is. 43:10-11; John 1:1-3.
5. Only God will be in existence forever. Ez. 3:14;

ABOUT JESUS CHRIST

6. We believe that He is the Son of God; Who took away our sins, and the Savior of the world.
7. We also believe that Jesus is God and was born by Mary the Virgin. He is God revealed in the flesh. Through Him all things were created. John 1:1-14; John 14:9; Matt. 1:18-25, Is 9:6; Is 53:5-6.
8. We believe in His death on the Cross, and resurrection, by which He brought redemption – Is. 53:4-10; I Pet. 2:24; John 10:11; Gal. 3:13, Matt. 20:28; I Cor. 15:3; Rom. 4:25; II Cor. 5:14; Heb 2:9; Heb 9:26.

ABOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT

9. The Holy Spirit is the third Person in the TRINITY.
10. He has the same power, the same glory with God the Father and God the Son – John 14:16-17; John 15:26; Matt. 3:16; Acts 13:24.
11. He is one with Father and the Son who is to be worshiped and served.
12. Three Persons that become one are the source of blessings to all the living creatures in Heaven and on earth – Matt. 28:19; II Cor. 13:14; I John 1:5-7.

ABOUT TRINITY

14. The egg is comprised of three parts: The yellow yolk, the whitish part, and the shell. Despite these three (3) substances, the egg is not three but one. Likewise, we believe that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost are one God, but made of three persons – hence they are ONE IN TRINITY – Gen. 1:16-29; Matt. 3:16-17; Matt. 18:19.

ABOUT THE DEVIL

15. We believe that there is a devil, who seeks the down fall of every man. He brought sickness, sin and death into the world. Gen. 3:1-16. He seeks the destruction of those who exercise their faith in the Lord Jesus. Matt. 4:1-11; James 4:7; I Peter 5:8. The devil has several unclean spirits over whom he governs – Matt. 12:24.
16. A time would soon come when he shall be thrown into the pit and chained for one thousand years- Rev. 20:7-9. After this, he will be put into the lake of fire where he will remain suffering together with his followers for ever and ever. Rev. 20:10

ABOUT MAN

17a. Things He created. Gen. 1:26. God formed man of the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul – Gen 2:7.
17b. Therefore man is of three parts, namely body, soul and spirit.

REPENTANCE UNTO GOD, JUSTIFICATION OR NEW BIRTH SANCTIFICATION (HOLINESS)

18. Repentance is the sorrow of a godly man for his sins with decision to abstain from them.
God’s grace is whereby we are cleansed from our sins by which we are able to stand before God as though we have never sinned.
Sanctification is another grace of God by which our souls are progressively and completely cleansed.

WATER BAPTISM

19. We believe in baptism by the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost and all Christians must obey this rule of the Lord. Every saved soul automatically qualifies for Water Baptism – Acts 8:29-39; 16:18-23.

Baptism by Trinity

20. We believe that all members of this Church should receive immersion Water Baptism, in the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, as believers who would not add to, or take out of the Word of God. The Reason for Water Baptism Water Baptism stands for a sign and an example of two things.
1. It is an outward sign, an example of a true repentance of a sinner from his or her sins.
2. Anybody who is baptized is joined with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection, Therefore anybody baptized is dead to the world and the evils thereof

BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

21. All born-again souls should ask for the Holy Spirit from above, as the Apostles were ordered to wait in Jerusalem until they were filled from above. It is the promise of the Father. It is God’s gift which He gives to those who obey Him
It is God’s promise unto those who are far and all whom the Lord shall call
22. Any Christian who receives the baptism of the Holy Spirit must speak in tongues – Acts 2:4; Acts 10:34-36; Acts 19:2-6.

ABOUT RESTITUTION

23. Restitution is a sign of true repentance. This is payment for what is damaged
Whatever cannot give us a clear conscience before man and God should be restituted without delay

DIVINE HEALING(WITHOUT MEDICINE)

24. Healing without medicine is Biblical
Sickness is caused because of the fall of man. The force behind this is Satan
Healing without medicine is of the Gospel
We read that the twelve Apostles and the seventy disciples combined healing with their Ministry of the Gospel
The Lord commanded us to go into the world, just to teach the nations alone, but that we should also heal the sick

We could obtain our healing in these four ways:
1. By individual prayer – John 14:13-14
2. By two people (or a group of people) who have agreed to pray by faith – Matt. 18:19-20. 3.
3. By the laying of hands on the head – Mark 16:18; Acts 9:18; Acts 28:8. 4.
4. By the Ministry of the Elders, anointing the sick with prayer of faith – James 5:14-15

Special Notice – Before we can work by healing without medicine, we would have sanctified our life to the doing of the Law – Rom. 6:13, 19; Rom. 12:1; Matt. 16:24; II Cor. 8:5, 15.

REBELLION AGAINST CHURCH AUTHORITY FORBIDDEN

25. Rebellion against Church Ministers is against the Will of God. Those who rebelled against Moses did not escape unpunished – Num 12:1-10; Num. 16:1-4,32.
The Bible teaches that we should obey our Spiritual leaders and submit to them – Heb 13:17; Joshua 1:16-18.

OUR GARMENT

26. We believe that any born again soul is a child of God and is clothed with white garment which is the Righteousness of Christ. It is received freely, a gift unto them that lead a victorious life – Rev. 19:7-8. Furthermore, we are advised to put on charity, which is the bond perfectness – Col. 3:13-14. It is not our policy to have special robes.
27. We believe that all members must be moderate in adornment. “Not with braided hair, or gold or pears, or costly array, but let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price” I Tim. 2:8-9; I Peter 3:1-6; Gen. 35:1-4; Ex. 32:1-8.

LAYING OF HANDS AND ANOINTING THE SICK

28. We believe in the laying on of hands and anointing the sick on the head in the Name of the Lord and that prayer of faith shall save the person – James 5:14-16; Mark 16:17-18.
29. But we do not use any other methods which are not according to Bible teaching such as sanctification of water for the sick to drink, or to perform special washing for the sick in the flowing river, the use of robe or garment, or to carry a small stick in the form of a cross ones person or the use of candles and such things. They are not Biblical. The order of our Lord is that we should heal the sick free of charge – Matt 10:8.
30. We do not receive money or charge money before we offer prayer for anybody. All those using the above materials for healing shall perish with them – Mark 16:18; James 5:14; Matt 10:7-8; Mark 6:13.

CHURCH DISCIPLINE

31. Above all, whatever is not Bible teaching should be ignored entirely by all members. If there be found any member disobeying these teachings he may be disciplined privately,
32. If any backslider would not admit discipline and restitute his way, he may be disciplined openly as it is written in Matt. 18:15-18, So that truth might be established by the witness of two or three according to the Word of God. Rebuke them that sinned before all that others also may fear – I Tim. 5:20; I Cor. 5:1-13; II Cor. 2:6-11; Heb. 12:5-12.

ONE HUSBAND, ONE WIFE, CORRECT DIVORCE AND RE-MARRIAGE

33. The Word of God teaches us that monogamy has been the order since the beginning of the Law of Christ. Divorce is permissible only when a life partner has committed adultery.
34. Even then, neither of the two should be married to a new partner while both are yet alive – Matt. 5:31-32, 19:9; Mark 10:11-12; Luke 16:18; Rom. 7:2-3; Mal. 2:13-16; Gen. 2:18: Matt. 19:4-6.

THE CHURCH OF GOD

35. The born-again souls are called the Church of God – Eph. 1:22; Col. 1:1-18; Eph 3:10; 5:24-29.
The assembly of the believers, the sanctified souls in Christ Jesus, Those who we call the Holy people of God – I Cor. 1:2; Acts 14:23; Phil. 4:15; Acts 13:28.
Therefore all that God has called to gather together in a place and fed with the Word of God – Acts 2:41-47; They accept Christ as the head of the Church. They gather from time to time to worship God in truth and Spirit to share the bread and eat.
36. Their major assignment is to spread the Gospel of Christ to all Nations – Matt. 28:19.

THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST

37. The Second coming of Jesus Christ will be in physical form and will be visible to all in like manner as He was seen ascending up to heavens – Acts 1:9-11; John 14:3.
His return will be in two stages:
A. Christ’s return in the sky – The Saints or Bride of Christ will be raptured to meet Christ in the sky – I Thess. 4:15-17; I Cor. 15:51-52; Matt. 24:40-44; Matt 25:10
B. His return to the earth – He will return to the earth to judge the sinners and the ungodly – Rev. 19:19-21; II Thess. 1:7-10; Jude 1:14-15; Zech. 14:3-4.

DEDICATION OF CHILDREN

38. We believe that after a child is born on the 8th day, the parent should bring himher unto the House of the Lord for dedication unto the Lord – 1 Sam. 1:22; Luke. 22:22-24; Matt. 19:13-15.

THE LORD’S DAY

39. We believe that the first day of the week called Sunday is a special day which the believers should separate as the Lord’s day during which time are to gather to worship – Acts 20:7; 1Cor. 16:2; Rev. 1:10. The Lord resurrected on the first day of the week – Mark 16:9; Ezek. 31:12-14.

Which of these have you been blessed to with? Floor open
Re: 40 Lessons From The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by Topgainer: 4:16pm On Sep 01, 2017
A Good Thread. It is not all the time we should be discussing crimes committed daily by false Prophets and Preachers.

Concerning the doctrines and beliefs of the RCCG, I believe the intentions of the religious organization is for the best. Were these set of rules sacrosanct and not amenable, then, it is for RCCG members only because the interpretations to some of the Bible references can't be accepted by all Christian groups as correct. Besides, some of the interpretations are simply good for organizations that divided the humans into kings and lords of empire, body of queens and wives of lords, middle supervisors and the numerous slave workers. This is unlike the unstratified term "Brethren" which describes the equality, common aspirations and shared belongings, including all being children of one and only Daddy, Our Father God. Whereas, the former is permissible in the old testament ways, it is not the method in the New testament Church.
As for marriage to more than one wife and divorce, the rule is just RCCG's interpretation to it because some persuading interpretations exist. Some discussion threads on that can be found in nairaland and other forums.
Whichever side one takes on it, nobody goes to Hell because he is married to more than a wife. Many will argue that divorce to remarry is permissible if an unrepentant cheating spouse (Adultery) is the case. And this is the words of Jesus on that subject. Others think you shouldn't remarry, in fact, you must pray for the death of one of the divorced for the other to be free to remarry, some credit this to St. Paul. Well, I don't know what St. Paul had in mind but one thing is clear, he didn't exhaust the circumstances for the divorce, he was silent on the Adultery (unrepentant) issue which Jesus highlighted as justifiable for divorce and remarry.
Contemporary issues which is also subject of much debate and should be seriously considered is abusive marriages. Let's assume I have a sister aged 21, given in marriage to a brother, James. Brother James is among the mixed multitudes, who is destined to leave our gathering at the manifestation of his true nature. A year into the marriage he started with a wayward life, brings his numerous mistresses into the matrimonial bed, he defies all caution, a year and six months into the marriage one of the other mistresses is pregnant for him. About this time, he batters the wife almost on a regular basis, few months later he marries one of the lovers and sends my sister packing. While on that, his lawyers drop the court notice and seeks for terms of the peaceful dissolution of marriage.
Churches like RCCG with the parochial interpretation to St. Paul's remarriage based on death will tell my sister to remain single and wait for the unrepentant brother James who has moved on with his life. Another subset, the prayer warrior group will make long hours of prayer for few weeks that James will repent, another more daring prayer warrior will years down the line wish Bro. James dead so as to satisfy the parochial interpretations before my sister can remarry.
This is my stand, at the point of battery, I will separate her from the man, at the point of dissolution of the marriage by the magistrate court, my sister will remarry provided ab initio she was not the cause of the divorce, she will be remarried to a man that loves her, she will have as many kids as she wants in the new marriage.
I will not allow any Church Pastor and parochial rules/opinion because that is what those rules are, to keep her in sadness and sorrow for the rest of her life while waiting for the Bro James who may live up to 90 years to die before she can be freed.
God, the best Father, desires the happiness of his Children more than anything else. One becoming a prisoner of his/her mistake and wrong decision is not a part of that happiness. If at all St. Paul after exhausting all the circumstances of divorce meant that in all circumstances one has to wait for the abusive gangster to die before one can remarry, then I may say it is his personal opinion, which are many in his letters.
I will rather go with the permissions of Christ which for instance considered Divorce and Remarriage in Adultery (unrepentant philanderer) situations.

New Living Translation
And I tell you this, whoever divorces his wife and marries someone else commits adultery-- unless his wife has been unfaithful."
New American Standard Bible
"And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery."

King James Bible
And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
GOD'S WORD® Translation
I can guarantee that whoever divorces his wife for any reason other than her unfaithfulness is committing adultery if he marries another woman."
The qualifications of a Bishop is apt and for the good of the Church it should be adhered to, although, we found in some other letters of Paul that some could choose to remain single,Celibate.
Re: 40 Lessons From The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by cantok(m): 5:07pm On Sep 01, 2017
Topgainer:
A Good Thread. It is not all the time we should be discussing crimes committed daily by false Prophets and Preachers.
Intuitive, especially about the need for individual members to re-examine their faith. Good
Re: 40 Lessons From The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 01, 2017
Topgainer:

Concerning the doctrines and beliefs of the RCCG, I believe the intentions of the religious organization is for the best. Were these set of rules sacrosanct and not amenable, then, it is for RCCG members only because the interpretations to some of the Bible references can't be accepted by all Christian groups as correct. Besides, some of the interpretations are simply good for organizations that divided the humans into kings and lords of empire, body of queens and wives of lords, middle supervisors and the numerous slave workers. This is unlike the unstratified term "Brethren" which describes the equality, common aspirations and shared belongings, including all being children of one and only Daddy, Our Father God. Whereas, the former is permissible in the old testament ways, it is not the method in the New testament Church.
As for marriage to more than one wife and divorce, the rule is just RCCG's interpretation to it because some persuading interpretations exist. Some discussion threads on that can be found in nairaland and other forums.
Whatever side one takes on it, nobody goes to Hell because he is married to more than a wife. Many will argue that divorce to remarry is permissible if an unrepentant cheating spouse (Adultery) is the case. And this is the words of Jesus on that subject. Others think you shouldn't remarry, in fact, you must pray for the death of one of the divorced for the other to be free to remarry, some credit this to St. Paul. Well, I don't know what St. Paul had in mind but one thing is clear, he didn't exhaust the circumstances for the divorce, he was silent on the Adultery (unrepentant) issue which Jesus highlighted as justifiable for divorce and remarry.
Contemporary issues which is also subject of much debate and should be seriously considered is abusive marriages. Let's assume I have a sister aged 21, given in marriage to a brother, James. Brother James is among the mixed multitudes, who is destined to leave our gathering at the manifestation of his true nature. A year into the marriage he started with a wayward life, brings his numerous mistresses into the matrimonial bed, he defies all caution, a year and six months into the marriage one of the other mistresses is pregnant for him. About this time, he batters the wife almost on a regular basis, few months later he marries one of the lovers and sends my sister packing. While on that, his lawyers drop the court notice and seeks for terms of the peaceful dissolution of marriage.
Churches like RCCG with the parochial interpretation to St. Paul's remarriage based on death will tell my sister to remain single and wait for the unrepentant brother James who has moved on with his life. Another subset, the prayer warrior group will make long hours of prayer for few weeks that James will repent, another more daring prayer warrior will years down the line wish Bro. James dead so as to satisfy the parochial interpretations before my sister can remarry.
This is my stand, at the point of battery, I will separate her from the man, at the point of dissolution of the marriage by the magistrate court, my sister will remarry provided ab initio she was not the cause of the divorce, she will be remarried to a man that loves her, she will have as many kids as she wants in the new marriage.
I will not allow any Church Pastor and parochial rules/opinion because that is what those rules are, to keep her in sadness and sorrow for the rest of her life while waiting for the Bro James who may live up to 90 years to die before she can be freed.
God, the best Father, desires the happiness of his Children more than anything else. One becoming a prisoner of his/her mistake and wrong decision is not a part of that happiness. If at all St. Paul after exhausting all the circumstances of divorce meant that in all circumstances one has to wait for the abusive gangster to die before one can remarry, then I may say it is his personal opinion, which are many in his letters. I will rather go with the permissions of Christ which for instance considered Divorce and Remarriage in Adultery (unrepentant philanderer) situations. The qualifications of a Bishop is apt and for the good of the Church it should be adhered to, although, we found in some other letters of Paul that some could choose to remain single,Celibate.
Finally someone is waking up.
Modified

The case of marriage is clear in the Bible, Yahweh hates divorce with passion. That your brother in law got married to one of his mistress,he has broken the scriptures same with your sister. It is better they didn't marry in the first place than they did. God's word is the standard of which Redeemed rely on. There's no need praying for the man to die because such prayers wouldn't be answered. No matter how you view, there's no putting away instead both should remain single while reconciliation might set in.
Re: 40 Lessons From The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 01, 2017
cantok:
Having listened to and engaged in a serious discussion with some leaders from the Redeemed Christian Church of God, I decided to share a few lessons that I learned about faith and religion. I measured if against the backdrop of their website at http://rccg.org/ The website itself is one of the best in west Africa in terms of clarity of beliefs and information on organization. Comments from Christians only please.
Some are controversial and some are mainstream. I reserve my comments as this discussion goes on.

FACTS ABOUT HOW CHURCH SEES ITSELF

THE BIBLE TEACHING

1. We believe that the entire Scripture – II Tim. 3:16-17.
2. All the Christian teachings and the Christian attitude of the Children of God are established in the Holy Bible – II Tim. 3:10-15; II Peter 1:21; John 17:17; Ps. 119:105.
3. We believe that the Bible is the written and revealed Will of God. Man’s position to God, the way to obtain salvation, woe and destruction awaiting sinners that refuse to repent and everlasting joy that is kept for the born again souls. Deut. 4:22; Rev. 22:18, 19; Matt. 24:34-38.

ABOUT GOD: Ps. 33:6-9

4. As revealed unto us by the Bible, we believe that there is only one God, Who is the Creator of both visible and invisible creatures -Gen. 1:1; Ps. 86:9-10; Is. 43:10-11; John 1:1-3.
5. Only God will be in existence forever. Ez. 3:14;

ABOUT JESUS CHRIST

6. We believe that He is the Son of God; Who took away our sins, and the Savior of the world.
7. We also believe that Jesus is God and was born by Mary the Virgin. He is God revealed in the flesh. Through Him all things were created. John 1:1-14; John 14:9; Matt. 1:18-25, Is 9:6; Is 53:5-6.
8. We believe in His death on the Cross, and resurrection, by which He brought redemption – Is. 53:4-10; I Pet. 2:24; John 10:11; Gal. 3:13, Matt. 20:28; I Cor. 15:3; Rom. 4:25; II Cor. 5:14; Heb 2:9; Heb 9:26.

ABOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT

9. The Holy Spirit is the third Person in the TRINITY.
10. He has the same power, the same glory with God the Father and God the Son – John 14:16-17; John 15:26; Matt. 3:16; Acts 13:24.
11. He is one with Father and the Son who is to be worshiped and served.
12. Three Persons that become one are the source of blessings to all the living creatures in Heaven and on earth – Matt. 28:19; II Cor. 13:14; I John 1:5-7.

ABOUT TRINITY

14. The egg is comprised of three parts: The yellow yolk, the whitish part, and the shell. Despite these three (3) substances, the egg is not three but one. Likewise, we believe that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost are one God, but made of three persons – hence they are ONE IN TRINITY – Gen. 1:16-29; Matt. 3:16-17; Matt. 18:19.

ABOUT THE DEVIL

15. We believe that there is a devil, who seeks the down fall of every man. He brought sickness, sin and death into the world. Gen. 3:1-16. He seeks the destruction of those who exercise their faith in the Lord Jesus. Matt. 4:1-11; James 4:7; I Peter 5:8. The devil has several unclean spirits over whom he governs – Matt. 12:24.
16. A time would soon come when he shall be thrown into the pit and chained for one thousand years- Rev. 20:7-9. After this, he will be put into the lake of fire where he will remain suffering together with his followers for ever and ever. Rev. 20:10

ABOUT MAN

17a. Things He created. Gen. 1:26. God formed man of the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul – Gen 2:7.
17b. Therefore man is of three parts, namely body, soul and spirit.

REPENTANCE UNTO GOD, JUSTIFICATION OR NEW BIRTH SANCTIFICATION (HOLINESS)

18. Repentance is the sorrow of a godly man for his sins with decision to abstain from them.
God’s grace is whereby we are cleansed from our sins by which we are able to stand before God as though we have never sinned.
Sanctification is another grace of God by which our souls are progressively and completely cleansed.

WATER BAPTISM

19. We believe in baptism by the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost and all Christians must obey this rule of the Lord. Every saved soul automatically qualifies for Water Baptism – Acts 8:29-39; 16:18-23.

Baptism by Trinity

20. We believe that all members of this Church should receive immersion Water Baptism, in the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, as believers who would not add to, or take out of the Word of God. The Reason for Water Baptism Water Baptism stands for a sign and an example of two things.
1. It is an outward sign, an example of a true repentance of a sinner from his or her sins.
2. Anybody who is baptized is joined with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection, Therefore anybody baptized is dead to the world and the evils thereof

BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

21. All born-again souls should ask for the Holy Spirit from above, as the Apostles were ordered to wait in Jerusalem until they were filled from above. It is the promise of the Father. It is God’s gift which He gives to those who obey Him
It is God’s promise unto those who are far and all whom the Lord shall call
22. Any Christian who receives the baptism of the Holy Spirit must speak in tongues – Acts 2:4; Acts 10:34-36; Acts 19:2-6.

ABOUT RESTITUTION

23. Restitution is a sign of true repentance. This is payment for what is damaged
Whatever cannot give us a clear conscience before man and God should be restituted without delay

DIVINE HEALING(WITHOUT MEDICINE)

24. Healing without medicine is Biblical
Sickness is caused because of the fall of man. The force behind this is Satan
Healing without medicine is of the Gospel
We read that the twelve Apostles and the seventy disciples combined healing with their Ministry of the Gospel
The Lord commanded us to go into the world, just to teach the nations alone, but that we should also heal the sick

We could obtain our healing in these four ways:
1. By individual prayer – John 14:13-14
2. By two people (or a group of people) who have agreed to pray by faith – Matt. 18:19-20. 3.
3. By the laying of hands on the head – Mark 16:18; Acts 9:18; Acts 28:8. 4.
4. By the Ministry of the Elders, anointing the sick with prayer of faith – James 5:14-15

Special Notice – Before we can work by healing without medicine, we would have sanctified our life to the doing of the Law – Rom. 6:13, 19; Rom. 12:1; Matt. 16:24; II Cor. 8:5, 15.

REBELLION AGAINST CHURCH AUTHORITY FORBIDDEN

25. Rebellion against Church Ministers is against the Will of God. Those who rebelled against Moses did not escape unpunished – Num 12:1-10; Num. 16:1-4,32.
The Bible teaches that we should obey our Spiritual leaders and submit to them – Heb 13:17; Joshua 1:16-18.

OUR GARMENT

26. We believe that any born again soul is a child of God and is clothed with white garment which is the Righteousness of Christ. It is received freely, a gift unto them that lead a victorious life – Rev. 19:7-8. Furthermore, we are advised to put on charity, which is the bond perfectness – Col. 3:13-14. It is not our policy to have special robes.
27. We believe that all members must be moderate in adornment. “Not with braided hair, or gold or pears, or costly array, but let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price” I Tim. 2:8-9; I Peter 3:1-6; Gen. 35:1-4; Ex. 32:1-8.

LAYING OF HANDS AND ANOINTING THE SICK

28. We believe in the laying on of hands and anointing the sick on the head in the Name of the Lord and that prayer of faith shall save the person – James 5:14-16; Mark 16:17-18.
29. But we do not use any other methods which are not according to Bible teaching such as sanctification of water for the sick to drink, or to perform special washing for the sick in the flowing river, the use of robe or garment, or to carry a small stick in the form of a cross ones person or the use of candles and such things. They are not Biblical. The order of our Lord is that we should heal the sick free of charge – Matt 10:8.
30. We do not receive money or charge money before we offer prayer for anybody. All those using the above materials for healing shall perish with them – Mark 16:18; James 5:14; Matt 10:7-8; Mark 6:13.

CHURCH DISCIPLINE

31. Above all, whatever is not Bible teaching should be ignored entirely by all members. If there be found any member disobeying these teachings he may be disciplined privately,
32. If any backslider would not admit discipline and restitute his way, he may be disciplined openly as it is written in Matt. 18:15-18, So that truth might be established by the witness of two or three according to the Word of God. Rebuke them that sinned before all that others also may fear – I Tim. 5:20; I Cor. 5:1-13; II Cor. 2:6-11; Heb. 12:5-12.

ONE HUSBAND, ONE WIFE, CORRECT DIVORCE AND RE-MARRIAGE

33. The Word of God teaches us that monogamy has been the order since the beginning of the Law of Christ. Divorce is permissible only when a life partner has committed adultery.
34. Even then, neither of the two should be married to a new partner while both are yet alive – Matt. 5:31-32, 19:9; Mark 10:11-12; Luke 16:18; Rom. 7:2-3; Mal. 2:13-16; Gen. 2:18: Matt. 19:4-6.

THE CHURCH OF GOD

35. The born-again souls are called the Church of God – Eph. 1:22; Col. 1:1-18; Eph 3:10; 5:24-29.
The assembly of the believers, the sanctified souls in Christ Jesus, Those who we call the Holy people of God – I Cor. 1:2; Acts 14:23; Phil. 4:15; Acts 13:28.
Therefore all that God has called to gather together in a place and fed with the Word of God – Acts 2:41-47; They accept Christ as the head of the Church. They gather from time to time to worship God in truth and Spirit to share the bread and eat.
36. Their major assignment is to spread the Gospel of Christ to all Nations – Matt. 28:19.

THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST

37. The Second coming of Jesus Christ will be in physical form and will be visible to all in like manner as He was seen ascending up to heavens – Acts 1:9-11; John 14:3.
His return will be in two stages:
A. Christ’s return in the sky – The Saints or Bride of Christ will be raptured to meet Christ in the sky – I Thess. 4:15-17; I Cor. 15:51-52; Matt. 24:40-44; Matt 25:10
B. His return to the earth – He will return to the earth to judge the sinners and the ungodly – Rev. 19:19-21; II Thess. 1:7-10; Jude 1:14-15; Zech. 14:3-4.

DEDICATION OF CHILDREN

38. We believe that after a child is born on the 8th day, the parent should bring himher unto the House of the Lord for dedication unto the Lord – 1 Sam. 1:22; Luke. 22:22-24; Matt. 19:13-15.

THE LORD’S DAY

39. We believe that the first day of the week called Sunday is a special day which the believers should separate as the Lord’s day during which time are to gather to worship – Acts 20:7; 1Cor. 16:2; Rev. 1:10. The Lord resurrected on the first day of the week – Mark 16:9; Ezek. 31:12-14.

Which of these have you been blessed to with? Floor open
All these are what Christians should exhibit.
Re: 40 Lessons From The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 01, 2017
I couldn't read them finish.
smiley I'll bookmark it and show my friends who are redeemites later.
Re: 40 Lessons From The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 01, 2017
cantok:

ABOUT TRINITY

However, having gone through the write-up, your post about the TRINITY caught my attention.

Recently, I watched an ecclesiastic channel that was speaking of the Trinity and the TV anchor gave emphasis on this. He further went ahead playing a video from YouTube that shows a man trying to describe and explain the mystery of the Godhead/Trinity.

This particular man used an 'Egg' to describe the mystery of the Trinity and the TV anchor also being a Christian, deemed it as something not right and said "we shouldn't use earthly things to give comparison with God" or something pertaining to this statement, which I consider true also.

I see no reason why we should use things like that to explain whom God is just because we want people understand that 'Th
is is what God actually is or look like.'

Those who seek God with their whole heart shall find Him and He'll reveal Himself to them supernaturally.

That's a take.

1 Like

Re: 40 Lessons From The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by cantok(m): 7:19pm On Sep 01, 2017
C
Re: 40 Lessons From The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by cantok(m): 7:19pm On Sep 01, 2017
Jhaytee4all:
However, having gone through the write-up, your post about the TRINITY caught my attention.

Recently, I watched an ecclesiastic channel that was speaking of the Trinity and the TV anchor gave emphasis on this. He further went ahead playing a video from YouTube that shows a man trying to describe and explain the mystery of the Godhead/Trinity.

This particular man used an 'Egg' to describe the mystery of the Trinity and the TV anchor also being a Christian, deemed it as something not right and said "we shouldn't use earthly things to give comparison with God" or something pertaining to this statement, which I consider true also.

I see no reason why we should use things like that to explain whom God is just because we want people understand that 'Th

Those who seek God with their whole heart shall find Him and He'll reveal Himself to them supernaturally.

That's a take.
The doctrine of trinity is man's understanding of the relationship between three deities that are divine. Unfortunately, Judaism is monotheistic and this is where Christianity got it's history. So, such egg and elements explanation is one of the best ways to establish a church tradition that is about 2000years old.

1 Like

Re: 40 Lessons From The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by enimooko: 8:17am On Sep 02, 2017
CC @Lalasticlala
Re: 40 Lessons From The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by seun4u: 12:17pm On Sep 03, 2017
Jhaytee4all:

That's a take.

(1) (Reply)

The Rise And Rise Of South African Based Nigerian Prophet, Samuel Akinbodunse / Akiane Kramarik: The Girl Who Painted Portrait With Closest Resemblance To Jesus / List And Testimonies Of NL ATHEISTS Turned CHRISTIANS - *Updated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.