Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,269 members, 7,815,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Whom Should Buhari's Successor Blame For Nigerias Economic Mess? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Whom Should Buhari's Successor Blame For Nigerias Economic Mess? (908 Views)

Oshiomhole’s Fate: Governors Plot To Install Buhari’s Successor - Punch / 2023: Pastor Tunde Bakare Reveals Where Buhari’s Successor Should Come From / Cabal Goes For Kingibe As Buhari's Successor Rather Than Tinubu - Prof Kperogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whom Should Buhari's Successor Blame For Nigerias Economic Mess? by jacksonite98(m): 3:56pm On Sep 01, 2017
[i][/i]Ever since Buhari/APC came into power over two years ago the Nigeria economy has taken further battering. Negative indices include fall in value of the Naira, rising inflation, rising rate of unemployment, dwindling income, non payment of salaries and allowances ,rising cost of foodstuff etc.
The government of the day however devotes much of her energy on blaming the last regime for our predicament while seemingly doing nothing to remedy the situation.
This regime portrays itself as blameless and not responsible even for the blunders under its own watch.
This is actually the first regime that has dwelt so much on its past in the entire political history of Nigeria.
I would not want to hold brief for the last regime. Their record is there for all to see but some questions come to my mind thus:
1 Deep into their tenure but still blaming the past, what does Buhari/APC have for Nigeria?
2 Why can't this regime do what they can do and leave the rest for Nigerians to judge?
3 If things continue like this till the end of this regime, whom would they want the incoming government to blame for the obvious mess we are in?
Going by their body language one can guess that Buhari/APC would like successive governments to bypass him and continue to blame GET for every mess in the country.
If this regime knew that one day their tenure would end and another regime will come and blame them for this mess then they would bend down and work and stop the blame game even as late as it seems now.
This is a hypocritical stance that should be abhorred by all Nigerians irrespective of tribe or religion.
Re: Whom Should Buhari's Successor Blame For Nigerias Economic Mess? by lomprico(m): 4:00pm On Sep 01, 2017
He/she should not blame anyone, he/she should just go ahead and fix the already created mess!!

The moment he/she blames anybody then we don enter another one chance be that.
Re: Whom Should Buhari's Successor Blame For Nigerias Economic Mess? by dollytino4real(f): 4:36pm On Sep 01, 2017
all i know is that the blame game will continue. when we reach that bridge we will cross it
Re: Whom Should Buhari's Successor Blame For Nigerias Economic Mess? by jacksonite98(m): 4:49pm On Sep 01, 2017
dollytino4real:
all i know is that the blame game will continue. when we reach that bridge we will cross it
I have followed the politics of our country for long. This is actually the first regime that has dwelt so much on the past. It smacks of incompetence really. A bad works man would always blame his tools.

3 Likes

Re: Whom Should Buhari's Successor Blame For Nigerias Economic Mess? by Joshuasaintiago: 6:03pm On Sep 01, 2017
ALL THIS POLITICIAN N SO CALLED BIG BOYS SHOWCASING MONEY EVERYWHERE WHAT HAVE THEY DONE FOR NIGERIANS EVERYDAY U HERE ARTHUR EZE, HUSHPUPPY, ALL THOSE MEN WHEN THEY COME TO OCCASION THEY SPRAY MILLION WHAT WAY HAVE THEY BENEFIT THE POOR MASSES, IF U FEEL U HAVE SO MUCH MONEY OPEN A COMPANY AND EMPLOY NIGERIA
Re: Whom Should Buhari's Successor Blame For Nigerias Economic Mess? by dollytino4real(f): 6:09pm On Sep 01, 2017
jacksonite98:
I have followed the politics of our country for long. This is actually the first regime that has dwelt so much on the past. It smacks of incompetence really. A bad works man would always blame his tools.
Re: Whom Should Buhari's Successor Blame For Nigerias Economic Mess? by dollytino4real(f): 6:11pm On Sep 01, 2017
[quote author=jacksonite98 post=60036683]I have followed the politics of our country for long. This is actually the first regime that has dwelt so much on the past. It smacks of incompetence really. A bad works man would always blame his tools.[/quote but wen gej came he did nt blame obj
Re: Whom Should Buhari's Successor Blame For Nigerias Economic Mess? by WorldRichest: 6:20pm On Sep 01, 2017
Buhari' s successor should blame your parents for bringing a nonentity like you to life.But, I guess that only useless parents give birth to hopeless children like you miscreant.
Re: Whom Should Buhari's Successor Blame For Nigerias Economic Mess? by SalamRushdie: 6:29pm On Sep 01, 2017
Ofcourse his successor might still blame Jonathan just like we all blamed Babangida for years even though it was Buhari that actually destroyed the Nigerian economy to an unrecoverable level with his myopic policies in 1984 but gullible Nigerian would go on to blame Babangida for decades even though Babangida really pulled Nigeria out complete rot with the little he could do

3 Likes

Re: Whom Should Buhari's Successor Blame For Nigerias Economic Mess? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 01, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Ofcourse his successor might still blame Jonathan just like we all blamed Babangida for years even though it was Buhari that actually destroyed the Nigerian economy to an unrecoverable level with his myopic policies in 1984 but gullible Nigerian would go on to blame Babangida for decades even though Babangida really pulled Nigeria out complete rot with the little he could do

The current economic posture of the country at the moment is Buhari's creation and not that of Jonathan... immediately tariff went up, it affected every other thing, panic and hysteria that were aftermath of the APC-induced fear imposed on the citizenry that created economic panic is that of this administration and not the predecessor..I..e industries gets affected, it turns around and affects every other thing....

Bring rice through sea port so the country will get taxes, but what was the result, and has the damaging aftereffect been resolved?

Ofcourse Lai Mohammed's of this world would say it's Jonathan...The multiple and sporadic taxation, toll fines, tariff increase in everything is not the previous administration's but this one..

Poorly managerial skills to manage the country is what has brought Nigeria to his knees...

Why should a man who has never run a successful business manage a country? or is a country not a macro-business? Buhari lacks the credential to be a minister let alone a president

5 Likes

Re: Whom Should Buhari's Successor Blame For Nigerias Economic Mess? by SalamRushdie: 6:38pm On Sep 01, 2017
supersystemsng:

The current economic posture of the country at the moment is Buhari's creation and not that of Jonathan... immediate tariff went up, it affected every other thing, panic and hysteria that were aftermath of the APC-induced fear imposed on the citizenry that created economic panic is that of this administration and not the predecessor..I..e industries gets affected, it turns around and affects every other thing....

Bring rice through sea port so the country will get taxes, but what was the result, and has the damaging aftereffect been resolved?

Ofcourse Lai Mohammed's of this world would say it's Jonathan...The multpiple and sporadic taxation, toll fines, tariff increase in everything is not the previous administration's but this one..

Poorly managerial skills to manage the country is what has brought Nigeria to his knees...

Why should a man who has never run a successful business manage a country? or is a country not a macro-business? Buhari lacks the credential to be a minister let alone a president

Exactly bro , That's is why I keep maintain that he must go because he can't give what he doesn't have

3 Likes

Re: Whom Should Buhari's Successor Blame For Nigerias Economic Mess? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 01, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Exactly bro , That's is why I keep maintain that he must go because he can't give what he doesn't have

Leave his cheer leaders alone...They will reach their noose eventually..

4 Likes

Re: Whom Should Buhari's Successor Blame For Nigerias Economic Mess? by IdeyFindWife: 12:52am On Sep 02, 2017
supersystemsng:

The current economic posture of the country at the moment is Buhari's creation and not that of Jonathan... immediately tariff went up, it affected every other thing, panic and hysteria that were aftermath of the APC-induced fear imposed on the citizenry that created economic panic is that of this administration and not the predecessor..I..e industries gets affected, it turns around and affects every other thing....

Ofcourse Lai Mohammed's of this world would say it's Jonathan...The multiple and sporadic taxation, toll fines, tariff increase in everything is not the previous administration's but this one..

Bravo, but here lies the dilemma, here is where every sane mind gets the letdown of a lifetime, this the point at which you wanna get cross with whatever Fate it was that slighted you with the ultimate ignominy of sharing same nationality with the world's largest single collection of neaderthals in a Zombie Republic.

The idea that people could, enmass stoop so low to being enmeshed as willing tools in Tinubu and the CPC power oligarch's twisted schemes to the point of empowering this doddering, half-blind, nitwit of an undemocratic pretentious demagogic failed coupist to play Jack&Jill with their fate of the nation gets so far beyond you that you conclude you must still be dreaming.

The helpless hopelessness of the failed Nigerian mind so high on ethnic, religious and biased political propaganda that could place it's fate in a geriatric old failure with no success antecedents, no credible cognate managerial track-record, no goodwill demonstrated in the founding of independent developmental projects, absolutely no contributions to the democratic struggle, no contribution to the nation-building dialogue except the occasional lapsing out of his pitiable Daura existence to castigate this leader or that leader who were clearly his betters and definitely an history of crafting marriages of inconvenience to achieving his self-serving ends.

And you still see them hopelessly making excuse for the failings of the bumbling fumbler while the old codger continues his wrecking-ball duty in the cool embrace of his northern power cabals.

T

1 Like

Re: Whom Should Buhari's Successor Blame For Nigerias Economic Mess? by omobabalawo: 7:17am On Sep 02, 2017
he will blame buhari. is a chain
Re: Whom Should Buhari's Successor Blame For Nigerias Economic Mess? by ba7man(m): 7:32am On Sep 02, 2017
GEJ should be blamed. Obj left a healthy economy, yaradua sustained it, GEJ and his goons looted the nation back to the stone age and handed the empty shell to Buhari who is currently building a strong economic base all over again.

Our foreign reserves is on the rise again despite low oil prices.
Re: Whom Should Buhari's Successor Blame For Nigerias Economic Mess? by Sprumbabafather: 7:35am On Sep 02, 2017
Blame Osinbajo , remember that Ekwueme was jailed for 300 years while Shagari was sent to his house.
Re: Whom Should Buhari's Successor Blame For Nigerias Economic Mess? by Odingo1: 7:39am On Sep 02, 2017
ba7man:
GEJ should be blamed. Obj left a healthy economy, yaradua sustained it, GEJ and his goons looted the nation back to the stone age and handed the empty shell to Buhari who is currently building a strong economic base all over again.

Our foreign reserves is on the rise again despite low oil prices.
Nawaa make una take am easy dey lie now,
I am not a Gej fan,but for you to say that Obasanjo left healthy economy is unfortunate,the administration that spent over 1billion dollars on power station without completing anyone in eight years
Re: Whom Should Buhari's Successor Blame For Nigerias Economic Mess? by Blackfire(m): 8:14am On Sep 02, 2017
WorldRichest:
Buhari' s successor should blame your parents for bringing a nonentity like you to life.But, I guess that only useless parents give birth to hopeless children like you miscreant.

Mod, seun, EFCC, UN.
Re: Whom Should Buhari's Successor Blame For Nigerias Economic Mess? by toocoded: 9:19am On Sep 02, 2017
I wonder..... angry
Re: Whom Should Buhari's Successor Blame For Nigerias Economic Mess? by ba7man(m): 10:35am On Sep 02, 2017
Odingo1:

Nawaa make una take am easy dey lie now,
I am not a Gej fan,but for you to say that Obasanjo left healthy economy is unfortunate,the administration that spent over 1billion dollars on power station without completing anyone in eight years
Check out our national reserves during OBJ's administration and compare it to what GEJ plundered it to despite enjoying record oil prices under his administration.

We didn't feel the first recession because OBJ defended the naira with $25 billion out of the foreign reserves.

We couldn't defend the naira during this recent recession because GEJ had plundered the reserves to $28 billion . That's why we had to ride it out but the ignorant were too busy screaming "Buhari" to understand this.
Re: Whom Should Buhari's Successor Blame For Nigerias Economic Mess? by jacksonite98(m): 1:30pm On Sep 02, 2017
WorldRichest:
Sorry man, you are so pained that you lost your mind and resorted to insults and abuse to someone you don't even know. How are different from a mentally challenged person feeding from the public dustbin?

(1) (Reply)

Why I Visited Nigeria - US Commander / Humiliating IPOB Members: Soldiers Found Guilty Will Face The Wrath - Army / AGF Initiates Court Process Today To Ban IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.