Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,317 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

My Top 100 FIVERR Fun Facts And Tips - FATTKAY - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Top 100 FIVERR Fun Facts And Tips - FATTKAY (4902 Views)

Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained / Diamond Platnumz, Elumelu, Umurhohwo Among Top 100 Influential People Of 2023 / Fun Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About Freelancing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Top 100 FIVERR Fun Facts And Tips - FATTKAY by fattbabakay(m): 4:18pm On Sep 01, 2017
So I'm just on some cloud nine while having a whale of time in this western flank of Nigeria.

Lately, I've been having some crazy Fiverr facts, ideas and tips in my head, based on forbearance, having had a good rummage of the Fiverr platform and cleaned out most of the skeletons in my rather full closet of rookie errors.

Right on this thread, I will drop 100 Fiverr Fun Facts and Tips, once per day, ALL STRICTLY BASED ON MY PERSPECTIVE.

On one end, I might consider this like me having fun while juxtaposing vowels and consonants vis-a-vis trying to make some little sense, on the other, I believe a mastermind is one who's feeding others off his knowledge, cos trust me, you have a lot to gain on this thread.

SPECIAL NOTES

- This is not a Fiverr tutorial thread, it's just a collection of random Fiverr discoveries that will invariably help you as a Fiverr seller.

- Whatever I post here is strictly based on my perspective, I repeat, everything here is strictly based on my personal opinion. It is bound to counter and might probably be different from your own view.

- Feel free to ask questions, but read through to make sure your question is yet to be answered.

- If you have any objection or argument against any drop, you can speak out, though I might not reply. Like I said, our opinions might differ. This is not a tug of war thread, nothing serious.

- I will be posting major facts in red color and a brief explanation follows every drop.

- I will be posting once per day to give space for questions and suggestions on every drop.

Too much of words will not fill a bushel, let's go!

Re: My Top 100 FIVERR Fun Facts And Tips - FATTKAY by fattbabakay(m): 4:29pm On Sep 01, 2017
First off, let me tell you a little about myself...

I am that very confused boy lost in the middle of the digitally driven ecosystem. A student (if you care to know), a computer addict (a hound mama is still praying against), and an internet savvy.

A content writer (as I would call myself in the stead of a 'blogger'), somewhat lazy web designer, a digital marketer in whole, and a freelancer (of course). Need to mention, I love sharing information to help others, isn't that information marketing? I don't even know *Scratches head*

Talking about me on Fiverr...

I spent years knowing the word "FIVERR" but never really paid attention to it. I later decided to give it a try based on testimonies I saw on Nairaland, I was like, "It's high time I tried this thing called Fiverr, such digital money ritual cannot just be flying around me without corresponding actions on my part".

I created my first account as a writer, which never got a bright side. Even though I know my onions when it comes to writing, no matter how hard I tried to pull my socks up, that thing called writing account never got to reach the light at the end of the tunnel.

I put on my wretched cap and went on a blue-sky thinking, I discovered that my chances were limited with such too-common-everywhere-anywhere service as writing on Fiverr, I gave my brain some sense.

I spent days roaming around Fiverr looking for the best of service options, I discovered Email Marketing, I was like "Woah! This is it!"...

But.... "I have no idea of Email Marketing", I thought to myself.

I went on UDEMY and took a 29hours Email Marketing course, it was $200 then. That course was a huge eye opener, though I later realized I never really needed it to offer email marketing services on Fiverr, all the same, no regrets.

I created another Fiverr account on Email Marketing, it was a testimony.

Fast forward a year after, I wrote an Ebook on Email Marketing, trust my Nigerian brothers, no dulling. They bombarded the Ebook and took over the niche, at that point, the niche got flooded. I was like "We have tried here, I have to leave the niche for my brothers...".

I took a deep look at some other sweet service options, WordPress and Social Media Marketing were good ideas, they both rock. And since I was a self-proclaimed Wordpress guru and a born-to-be social media Jagaban, it wasn't that hard to survive.

I talk too much... Bye...

1 Like

Re: My Top 100 FIVERR Fun Facts And Tips - FATTKAY by rioemmanuel(m): 6:47pm On Sep 01, 2017
Can't wait, babakay
Re: My Top 100 FIVERR Fun Facts And Tips - FATTKAY by 1boylikevhis(m): 8:39pm On Sep 01, 2017
Waiting oh
Re: My Top 100 FIVERR Fun Facts And Tips - FATTKAY by ayomidearo(m): 11:43pm On Sep 01, 2017
Fattbabakay!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin
Re: My Top 100 FIVERR Fun Facts And Tips - FATTKAY by fattbabakay(m): 11:15pm On Sep 04, 2017
TIP #1 - FIVERR IS HARDLY EASY, FIVERR IS EASILY HARD.

As often as not, living entities who dive into Fiverr expect it to be all rosy and welcoming, unfortunately when they get countered with the fact that life is hard, they give up.

When I said Fiverr is Hardly Easy...

Yes, I meant it. Fiverr comes with a very crazy competition, annoying demands and in fact, I refer to it as a platform from hell. The first basic thing you need to understand and stick to your head is that Fiverr is not an autopilot source of income, or money ritual. If it’s money ritual that you want, go to those thick forests in Ilorin or Ekiti, or maybe Ijesha (It’s like they have stronger herbalists there according to Yoruba films), they will do it for you, sharp sharp you will have money. But before you go, read the news below.

If that one is not enough to stop you, see this one below:

Now that I got your mind cleared off fast money, can we come back to Fiverr?

Don’t get me wrong, Fiverr is actually one of the fastest ways to make money online, but don’t expect that. It is hardly easy! Although it might get easier based on how lucky you are, how often you go to church, how well you know your onions (How good you are with your skills) or how attentive you are to the tips and hints given by known top Fiverr sellers.

Meanwhile Fiverr is easily hard..

Often times, if you do what is expected of you and work with your right hand on your Fiverr account, no matter how down the dumps it is, on the off chance that the spiritual forces from your village aren’t against your destiny, you will make some money. Mind you, it might get sour over the night. Just one bad review from a confused buyer or a canceled order from a frustrated client is enough to get you humbled.

What I mean by this, the Fiverr gig ranking algorithm is unpredictable like Buhari’s next line of action. Just an order gone wrong can get you thrown off the search page. Imagine that scenario when someone gives you a chance to sit comfortably in his living room, on a Chaise Longue, when there are thousands of people begging to sit on it, then you pour coffee on it, and he throws you out of the window like “This one is not even serious”, that’s how it is. Then you have to start struggling to get back in position.

Bottomline of this:

1)If you are yet to start Fiverr, feel free to join the platform, but understand that it is not an easy ride, especially for those that have no digital skill and just want to go with those general services that anyone can offer (E.G Virtual assistance, File conversion, article writing sef is part of it). Be ready to work and don’t expect millions for a start. Remember that even life, generally, is hard.

2)Also when you start making some cool dollars on Fiverr, remember to ball on people that said you will not make money online legitimately, as long as you can, but also remember that it gets hard easily, your balling might not last for too long. Endeavor to pay close attention to your Fiverr account, reply clients as fast as possible, avoid order cancellation like a virgin avoiding this thing, and deliver your best to avoid bad reviews.

See you tomorrow.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Top 100 FIVERR Fun Facts And Tips - FATTKAY by fattbabakay(m): 9:52pm On Sep 06, 2017
#2 BEFORE YOU OPEN A FIVERR ACCOUNT, LEARN TO SIT IN ONE POSITION FOR LONG HOURS

Some people probably have invisible masquerades that chase them away from their homes, they are never indoors. Some have ants in their pants, very restless. Sitting in one position to some people is like sitting on pins and needles, they are always at sixes and sevens, never calm, always as jumpy as a puppet. 

Before you fly off to Fiverr.com to create an account, hol'up! That platform isn't for jokes. If you really want to earn some good income (relative) off that Fiverr web space, you need a whole lot of chills. 

You should be ready to spend long hours in front of a screen battling with some strange orders, therefore, be ready to reduce those friendly home visits and social hangouts. Trust me, it would be unconscious. 

Bottomline here is...

You can offer services on Fiverr and still chill a lot, that's you taking Fiverr as a side-hustle that earns you transport money and feeding fees. If you are really going to make enough money to sing along to Cassper's "Mama I made it", trust me, you will sit down for long hours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Top 100 FIVERR Fun Facts And Tips - FATTKAY by fattbabakay(m): 12:46am On Sep 11, 2017
#3 A USA ACCOUNT WILL GIVE YOU A PROUD-HUMBLE BEGINNING WHEN STARTING OUT ON FIVERR AS A NIGERIAN SELLER

Yea right! Your early days on Fiverr are bound to be humble! Taking jobs of $5 that’ll cost you hours to complete, sticking around buyer request in search of the next prey and staying logged in all day just to make sure nothing good passes you by. Meanwhile, it can even get worse if your account is Nigerian.

The image Nigerians have in the digital world is nothing close to goodness. Nobody would be willingly willing to give you a job as a Nigerian with no great reviews. Believe me, even Nigerians with hundreds of reviews on Fiverr are still struggling to survive, not to talk of you, a new seller, that doesn’t even trust himself yet.

Buyers would keep avoiding you like a plague, you’d be spoken down to, you’d think they pasted sh!t on your Fiverr profile, you will experience days of no message, nights of the same. As a new seller, you’d be poohed out, wagged out, coopered out, ausgespielt, and white-eyed. E go tire you! You will give up!

But with a USA profile, you can get some shoulder pads. It’s enough to keep you proud as a peacock, not below the navel. But this still doesn’t give you automatic sales, it only increases your chances.

The bottom line is…

Start off with a US account, use a VPN, or better still, use epic browser with built-in VPN. I’m not saying there’s no hope for a Nigerian account, you can still use it if it’s sure for you, sebi you say you stubborn ni…

1 Like

Re: My Top 100 FIVERR Fun Facts And Tips - FATTKAY by Addme: 3:12am On Sep 11, 2017
Please OP, I want a mentor/tutor/ guider on fiverr.I want to be part of this.Please Help and assist a brother.
Re: My Top 100 FIVERR Fun Facts And Tips - FATTKAY by fattbabakay(m): 3:20pm On Sep 11, 2017
Addme:
Please OP, I want a mentor/tutor/ guider on fiverr.I want to be part of this.Please Help and assist a brother.
Check my signature and message me on WhatsApp.
Re: My Top 100 FIVERR Fun Facts And Tips - FATTKAY by Addme: 6:30pm On Sep 11, 2017
fattbabakay:
Check my signature and message me on WhatsApp.
Bros.I'm not currently on watsapp.I will pm you now to get your e-mail.
Re: My Top 100 FIVERR Fun Facts And Tips - FATTKAY by Keemie(f): 7:24pm On Sep 11, 2017
Not only is this post informative and helpful. It's also a delightful read. I love your way with words.
Re: My Top 100 FIVERR Fun Facts And Tips - FATTKAY by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 11, 2017
fattbaba you are my Nigerian mentor, keep doing the good work, may Baba God bless you plentifully!
Re: My Top 100 FIVERR Fun Facts And Tips - FATTKAY by emmanuelWord(m): 9:20pm On Sep 11, 2017
fattbabakay:
#3 A USA ACCOUNT WILL GIVE YOU A PROUD-HUMBLE BEGINNING WHEN STARTING OUT ON FIVERR AS A NIGERIAN SELLER

Buyers would keep avoiding you like a plague, you’d be spoken down to, you’d think they pasted sh!t on your Fiverr profile, you will experience days of no message, nights of the same. As a new seller, you’d be poohed out, wagged out, coopered out, ausgespielt, and white-eyed. E go tire you! You will give up!

But with a USA profile, you can get some shoulder pads. It’s enough to keep you proud as a peacock, not below the navel. But this still doesn’t give you automatic sales, it only increases your chances.

The bottom line is…

Start off with a US account, use a VPN, or better still, use epic browser with built-in VPN. I’m not saying there’s no hope for a Nigerian account, you can still use it if it’s sure for you, sebi you say you stubborn ni…
which browser do you advice on to download?
Re: My Top 100 FIVERR Fun Facts And Tips - FATTKAY by fattbabakay(m): 11:38pm On Sep 11, 2017
Addme:
Bros.I'm not currently on watsapp.I will pm you now to get your e-mail.
just add @gmail.com to my username.
Re: My Top 100 FIVERR Fun Facts And Tips - FATTKAY by fattbabakay(m): 11:38pm On Sep 11, 2017
emmanuelWord:
which browser do you advice on to download?
You can use any os the VPNs listed here for chrome. I advise the premium plans.

Epic browser is free and easier to use, but you might get deported faster.

Anonymox on Firefox is also cool, pay for the premium.

3 Likes

Re: My Top 100 FIVERR Fun Facts And Tips - FATTKAY by Addme: 8:18pm On Sep 12, 2017
fattbabakay:
just add @gmail.com to my username.
Sent you a mail since morning bro.
Re: My Top 100 FIVERR Fun Facts And Tips - FATTKAY by bestspoke: 8:49pm On Sep 12, 2017
I must salute your writing prowess.
Re: My Top 100 FIVERR Fun Facts And Tips - FATTKAY by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 12, 2017
nice one
Re: My Top 100 FIVERR Fun Facts And Tips - FATTKAY by fattbabakay(m): 10:25pm On Sep 12, 2017
Addme:
Sent you a mail since morning bro.
I'll attend to it.
Re: My Top 100 FIVERR Fun Facts And Tips - FATTKAY by fattbabakay(m): 10:25pm On Sep 12, 2017
Equatornoni:
nice one
Welcome on board.
bestspoke:
I must salute your writing prowess.
Thanks bro
Re: My Top 100 FIVERR Fun Facts And Tips - FATTKAY by fattbabakay(m): 10:27pm On Sep 12, 2017
Rextayne:
fattbaba you are my Nigerian mentor, keep doing the good work, may Baba God bless you plentifully!
cool cool cool cool cool I dey look up to you too

1 Like

Re: My Top 100 FIVERR Fun Facts And Tips - FATTKAY by fattbabakay(m): 10:27pm On Sep 12, 2017
Keemie:
Not only is this post informative and helpful. It's also a delightful read. I love your way with words.
Thanks ma'am

1 Like

Re: My Top 100 FIVERR Fun Facts And Tips - FATTKAY by hiremyminivan: 4:02am On Sep 13, 2017
And they say that Nigerians cannot write...You are a good writer

It is delightfully entertaining the way you paint word pictures to pass your thoughts across...

I love it too that you tell the truth...Making money from Fiverr is not equivalent to picking free manna from heaven...

Keep up the good word and your writing style...reminds me of Archibald Joseph Cronin's novels and his uncanny ability to conjure impossible to forget imagery in the mind of his readers

Looking forward to more from your stable...

3 Likes

Re: My Top 100 FIVERR Fun Facts And Tips - FATTKAY by Maximus85(m): 4:43am On Sep 13, 2017
fattbabakay:

Yea right! Your early days on Fiverr are bound to be humble! Taking jobs of $5 that’ll cost you hours to complete, sticking around buyer request in search of the next prey and staying logged in all day just to make sure nothing good passes you by. Meanwhile, it can even get worse if your account is Nigerian.

The image Nigerians have in the digital world is nothing close to goodness. Nobody would be willingly willing to give you a job as a Nigerian with no great reviews. Believe me, even Nigerians with hundreds of reviews on Fiverr are still struggling to survive, not to talk of you, a new seller, that doesn’t even trust himself yet.

The bottom line is…

Bro, I have an idea. What if I notify fiverr that I want to relocate to the US. Can they change my account from Nigerian to USA?
Re: My Top 100 FIVERR Fun Facts And Tips - FATTKAY by olaolaking: 6:06am On Sep 13, 2017
Well done
Re: My Top 100 FIVERR Fun Facts And Tips - FATTKAY by fattbabakay(m): 9:19am On Sep 13, 2017
hiremyminivan:
And they say that Nigerians cannot write...You are a good writer

It is delightfully entertaining the way you paint word pictures to pass your thoughts across...

I love it too that you tell the truth...Making money from Fiverr is not equivalent to picking free manna from heaven...

Keep up the good word and your writing style...reminds me of Archibald Joseph Cronin's novels and his uncanny ability to conjure impossible to forget imagery in the mind of his readers

Looking forward to more from your stable...
Thanks I appreciate.
Re: My Top 100 FIVERR Fun Facts And Tips - FATTKAY by fattbabakay(m): 9:24am On Sep 13, 2017
olaolaking:
Well done
Thanks.
Re: My Top 100 FIVERR Fun Facts And Tips - FATTKAY by fattbabakay(m): 9:45am On Sep 13, 2017
Maximus85:

Bro, I have an idea. What if I notify fiverr that I want to relocate to the US. Can they change my account from Nigerian to USA?
It doesn't sound feasible. You must be ready to provide as many documents as possible to justify your point.
Re: My Top 100 FIVERR Fun Facts And Tips - FATTKAY by fattbabakay(m): 4:07pm On Sep 13, 2017
#4 COPYING OTHERS' GIG DESCRIPTIONS IS THE FIRST STEP TO FAILURE

So you just spring up from nowhere, or maybe somewhere, create a Fiverr account and start copy-pasting other sellers' gigs? And you think you will make it by doing that? Well, maybe, maybe not.

But come sef! That's laziness! Freaking laziness!! Annoying laziness!!! And trust me, as a lazy person, whatever the talents or skills with which you start out, you will condemn yourself with this second-rate action.

This practice is very common among Nigerians and those Pakistan boys on Fiverr, which bespeaks that you have no real value to offer, you just want to make money fast.

I agree, setting up gigs might be very backbreaking, that demand is toilsome. But as someone who is really determined to make money online using Fiverr, to go through that one-time pain (of course you only set up a gig once and for all) shouldn't be that herculean to do. 

Quite right, no direct harm in copying gigs as Fiverr doesn't frown at it, poor them. But I have heard of a situation where a friend of mine copied someone else's description, the real owner of the gig description went extra miles to open 5 new accounts, ordered my friend's gig with the 5 accounts, dropped him 1 star each with the 5 accounts and then cancelled all the orders, what can be worse? Say bye to your Fiverr career before you start.

You should learn how to stand out, be unique, make your description the best. You will only do it once and it doesn't even take up to 30minutes on average. You can steal ideas, structure, and tags from other gigs but never copy.

Ojasweb said some good stuff about writing the best of Fiverr gig descriptions, you can read here.

Bottomline here is...

Do not copy gig descriptions again! Ever! Before you create a gig, you should understand what you want to offer, how you plan to offer it, the requirements and the assurance. Compile these and put them all up in your description, if you cannot write simple English then go back to secondary school and learn, Fiverr is not for you. *Rolls eyes*

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Top 100 FIVERR Fun Facts And Tips - FATTKAY by tbliss22(m): 4:35pm On Sep 13, 2017
fattbabakay:
#4 COPYING OTHERS' GIG DESCRIPTIONS IS THE FIRST STEP TO FAILURE

So you just spring up from nowhere, or maybe somewhere, create a Fiverr account and start copy-pasting other sellers' gigs? And you think you will make it by doing that? Well, maybe, maybe not.

But come sef! That's laziness! Freaking laziness!! Annoying laziness!!! And trust me, as a lazy person, whatever the talents or skills with which you start out, you will condemn yourself with this second-rate action.

This practice is very common among Nigerians and those Pakistan boys on Fiverr, which bespeaks that you have no real value to offer, you just want to make money fast.

I agree, setting up gigs might be very backbreaking, that demand is toilsome. But as someone who is really determined to make money online using Fiverr, to go through that one-time pain (of course you only set up a gig once and for all) shouldn't be that herculean to do. 

Quite right, no direct harm in copying gigs as Fiverr doesn't frown at it, poor them. But I have heard of a situation where a friend of mine copied someone else's description, the real owner of the gig description went extra miles to open 5 new accounts, ordered my friend's gig with the 5 accounts, dropped him 1 star each with the 5 accounts and then cancelled all the orders, what can be worse? Say bye to your Fiverr career before you start.

You should learn how to stand out, be unique, make your description the best. You will only do it once and it doesn't even take up to 30minutes on average. You can steal ideas, structure, and tags from other gigs but never copy.

Ojasweb said some good stuff about writing the best of Fiverr gig descriptions, you can read here.

Bottomline here is...

Do not copy gig descriptions again! Ever! Before you create a gig, you should understand what you want to offer, how you plan to offer it, the requirements and the assurance. Compile these and put them all up in your description, if you cannot write simple English then go back to secondary school and learn, Fiverr is not for you. *Rolls eyes*

OMG!! You are one writer that sends direct message to the heart of your readers. Do you have a blog? Please drop the link here, I want to be your regular visitor.....

You really write well bro.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Federal Ministry Of Industry, Trade And Investment / The Year Is About To End; Let’s Make Money On Ecommerce With These 3 Products / How Do I Open A Bank Account In Cotonou?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.