Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,825 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Tanker Collapses On Nearby Vehicle On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tanker Collapses On Nearby Vehicle On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway (21680 Views)

Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road / Boy Hawking Groundnut Hit By A Vehicle On Kaduna Expressway, Dies (Photos) / Tanker Explosion On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Tanker Collapses On Nearby Vehicle On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 02, 2017
rationalmind:

Good we agree on this

It might have been a death trap before but it's no longer one. So it seems we equally agree on this.

I'll like to add that, quite a number of roads in the North are equally single lanes. Off the top of my head, Bauchi to Jo's, Jos to maiduguri, Makurdi to Jalingo...e.t.c.

I agree with you that Onitsha Enugu road is bad but I don't agree it's the worst in the country. The only bad places are Umunya axis as well as ekochin to flyover just before new market. The greater part of the journey is smooth even if it's a single lane.

Besides, there's an old road linking both states and it's quite smooth all through.

How did you arrive at this?

Yes, I'm not from the East but I travel round the East more that 98% of ibos and I certainly travel these roads more than you who "is on ground". So bro, this is far from an "analysis from the outside"

""I agree with you that Onitsha Enugu road is bad but I don't agree it's the worst in the country. The only bad places are Umunya axis as well as ekochin to flyover just before new market. The greater part of the journey is smooth even if it's a single lane.""

U obviously failed to tell the worse FG road in the country, (I know why).

From ur above statement, u are not discussing about enugu/awka/onitsha FG road, ur talking about the old road, that's probably the route ur bus took n both the old road(state road/single lane) n the main one being FG road was patched by gburugburu last raining season wen the journey between Enugu to ogidi became 6 hours.

FG can't do certain roads to be dual lanes like the road in maiduguri n bauchi because it's too expensive n stretches as much as 15 hours drive. Also these roads are not in regular use because they connect just 2 places n they are equally not commercial roads. Enugu to ebonyi is just 45/50 minutes drive on single lane n should be take far less if it is dualized.

I repeat, Enugu - okigwe - aba - trash road.
Enugu - awka - onitsha - trash too.
Enugu - ebonyi single lane(former death trap).

The roads in SE are the most terrible in Nigeria.

Enugu - awka is less than 1 hour.
Enugu - ebonyi is lewa than 1 hour.
Enugu to okigwe is less than 1 hour.
Enugu to Umuahia is less than 2 hours.
Enugu to owerri is lesa than 2 hours.

The SE total land mass is 28k Sq/km.
Only niger state is 3 timessize of SE.

More than 13 Nigerian ''states'' have more landmass that the entire SE.

Some single FG road stretch in the north or SW covers ALL the FG road network in the SE.

There's fucking no reason why the SE should even have any pothole if there was equity, fairness n justice in Nigeria.

Stop defending what u don't know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Traffic Jam Along Abuja-Keffi Expressway Leaves Commuters Confused (Photos) / Refuse Truck Falls Off Lagos Bridge, Kills Tricycle Rider / China And Ethiopia Ground Boeing 737MAX Fleets After Second Crash In Five Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.