Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,314 members, 7,839,509 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Nigerians In S/africa Hail Super Eagles’ Defeat Of Cameroon - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerians In S/africa Hail Super Eagles’ Defeat Of Cameroon (511 Views)

FIFA Women's W/cup: Tinubu, Atiku, Others Hail Super Falcons Despite Loss / Osimhen Sees First Career Red Card In Napoli's Defeat Of Real Sociedad / AFCON: How Egypt Reacted To The Defeat Of South Africa By Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians In S/africa Hail Super Eagles’ Defeat Of Cameroon by actiondrilling: 9:45pm On Sep 01, 2017
Some Nigerians in South Africa have hailed the Super Eagles for their 4-0 win against Cameroon in a 2018 World Cup qualifier.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that with the victory, Nigeria still leads its group with nine points having won all three matches played.

Adetola Olubajo, Secretary-General of Nigeria Union South Africa, said the Eagles had done Nigerians in South Africa proud.

“ With this victory, I can smell Russia. They still need to work harder to win out remaining matches.

“ The team should remain focused and I am optimistic that with hard work and dedication, the Eagles will qualify,” he said.

Ifeyinwa Obi-Emedo, Secretary of Nigerian Women Association, South Africa, said she was overwhelmed with joy with the win.

“Each time the Eagles play so well, its like another decade has been added to my life.

“ The Eagles should keep it up, forward ever, backward never,” she said.

Collins Mgbo, Secretary of the Union in Limpopo Province, said the win had rekindled the hope and aspiration of Nigerians in the team.

“We urge them to continue this way up to the finals in Russia in 2018. I am optimistic Nigeria will qualify,” he said.

Ale Olorunfemi Joseph, a Nigerian resident in Pretoria, expressed joy with the Eagles victory over the defending African champions, Cameroon.

“ I also commend the President of Nigeria Football Federation, (NFF), Amaju Pinnick for working hard to ensure the victory of the team and eventual qualification for the World Cup.

Michael Evah, who lives in Johannesburg, praised the Eagles for giving Nigerians joy and hope with the victory.

“The Super Eagles have shown zeal and purpose with this victory. I urge them to continue and qualify for the World Cup. I wish the team good luck in their subsequent engagements in the qualifiers.

Ikele Odefa, a Johannesburg based businessman, said the Eagles had rekindled hope and put smiles on the faces of Nigerians, especially those living in South Africa.

“I believe that we have the team to qualify for the World Cup. The team should remain focused and continue with same determination,” he said.
more details at http://www.akelicious.com/2017/09/nigerians-in-safrica-hail-super-eagles.html

Re: Nigerians In S/africa Hail Super Eagles’ Defeat Of Cameroon by mazimee(m): 10:06pm On Sep 01, 2017
Cameroon just have to pay for the sins of South Africa.

They were just unlucky to have the full squad decend on them unlike the Southies who met an empty house.
Re: Nigerians In S/africa Hail Super Eagles’ Defeat Of Cameroon by Smooyis(m): 11:27pm On Sep 01, 2017
grin grin grin. Next is south Africa to chop the super eagles koboko.

(1) (Reply)

Richest Football: Top Ten Most Expensive African Footballers(see Full List+pics) / The characteristic of a terror group: Does IPOB fall into these? / 4 Things We Learnt In The Champions League This Week.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.