Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,179 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Jayz Turns Down Invitation For The Remake Of 'we Are The World' - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jayz Turns Down Invitation For The Remake Of 'we Are The World' (828 Views)

Jeremiah Ogbodo Poses With Jayz, Usher At The Global Citizen Festival / Kola Aluko's £50m Yacht JayZ+Beyonce Used For Holiday (pics) / IcePrince Turns Down Globacom’s Endorsement Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jayz Turns Down Invitation For The Remake Of 'we Are The World' by Nobody: 8:44am On Feb 23, 2010
JayZ turns down invitation for the remake of 'WE ARE THE WORLD' says some things are just untouchable, What do you think about this ?

The star-studded "We Are the World: 25 for Haiti" might have been the highlight of the opening ceremony of 2010 Winter Olympics on Friday, February 12, but Jay-Z has a strong opinion against the remake. In a recent interview with MTV at the annual "2 Kings" dinner on Saturday, February 13, the rapper stated he thinks the original version of the single is "untouchable."

"I have a interesting take on that," the 40-year-old rapper commented. "I know everybody is gonna take this wrong, 'We Are the World,' I love it, and I understand the point and think it's great. But I think 'We Are the World' is like [Michael Jackson's] 'Thriller' to me. I don't ever wanna see it touched. I'm a fan of music".

"I know the plight and everything that's going on in Haiti. I applaud the efforts: [Millions have been raised] through text [donations] to Haiti," the husband of Beyonce Knowles further stated. "So I appreciate the efforts and everything, but 'We are the World' is [musically] untouchable like 'Thriller' is untouchable. Some things are just untouchable. It was a valiant effort, but for me, it's gonna be untouchable."

On the occasion, the "Young Forever" hitmaker also expressed his opinion in writing a new song to raise funds for the devastated country instead of revamping the 1985 classic. "I would have loved that idea better," he shared. "As everyone knows, I have tremendous respect for Quincy Jones. Of course, I think he's genius, as everyone else does. [But] I think it's time for us to make a new [song]".

Giving an example, Jay-Z then pointed out his recent music collaboration with Rihanna, U2's Bono and The Edge, which premiered at the George Clooney's "Hope for Haiti Telethon" in January. "I tried to do that with 'Stranded'," he said. "I didn't try to make 'We Are the World,' but I tried to make our take on how we felt."
Re: Jayz Turns Down Invitation For The Remake Of 'we Are The World' by MsZee(f): 11:52am On Feb 23, 2010
was he ever invited?
Re: Jayz Turns Down Invitation For The Remake Of 'we Are The World' by spikedcylinder: 1:50pm On Feb 23, 2010
I agree with him - wholeheartedly.
Re: Jayz Turns Down Invitation For The Remake Of 'we Are The World' by debbynicky(f): 2:28pm On Feb 23, 2010
spikedcylinder:

I agree with him - wholeheartedly.
Same here
They did not do that song any Justice they murdered it instead. With the rap and Autotune. Gosh they destroyed a very touching song. Michael will be rolling in his grave. Justin Biber ruined the song from the start his voice was so no it at all then Lil Wayne Singing wat was dat Then you have the Jonas Brothers wat were dey doing there. They should have just made a whole new song. I am very sure that if Micheal was alive he would write a whole new song for Haiti
Re: Jayz Turns Down Invitation For The Remake Of 'we Are The World' by biznessman(m): 5:02pm On Feb 24, 2010
Well wat has done has bin don bt lets c wat impact it will make as 4 my boi jigga "intellectual"
Re: Jayz Turns Down Invitation For The Remake Of 'we Are The World' by Dolemite(f): 10:57pm On Feb 24, 2010
Good thing he didn't do it, or he would've influenced it with his illuminati crap. . .
Re: Jayz Turns Down Invitation For The Remake Of 'we Are The World' by Dolemite(f): 11:12pm On Feb 24, 2010
angry
Re: Jayz Turns Down Invitation For The Remake Of 'we Are The World' by CHAIRMAN1(m): 12:40am On Feb 25, 2010
This big lipped arrogant b.a.s.t.a.r.d. should keep his smelling mouth shut.

That's a very shallow excuse, he just want's history to remember him like PRINCE who snubbed an invitation to perform in the 1985 version. Prince gave shalow excuses too. He(Prince) ended up contributing his own single to the 'We are the world(1985) album.

JayZ is used to pulling of tricks that'll make him to be compared with great artistes of the past. We should remember his 'The Black Album' Stunt. He claimed it was his last album- The Beattles last album was titled 'The White Album'.

He think's he's a legend-Devilish fellow.
Re: Jayz Turns Down Invitation For The Remake Of 'we Are The World' by mamagee3(f): 1:03am On Feb 25, 2010
Better, I'm so glad I won't be seeing a big lips monster in the video. grin grin
Re: Jayz Turns Down Invitation For The Remake Of 'we Are The World' by shilling(f): 5:12am On Feb 25, 2010
Dolemite:

Good thing he didn't do it, or he would've influenced it with his illuminati crap. . .

True. lol

I'm guessing he was invited - he is JayZ after all. I'm happy he didnt do it though.

(1) (Reply)

Celebrities Souvniers For Sale / Is He Worth An Oscar Award? / Lil Wayne

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.