Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,122 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Can A Blogger Website Rank Better In Search Engine Result Than Wordpress? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Can A Blogger Website Rank Better In Search Engine Result Than Wordpress? (759 Views)

5 Must Read Tips To Rank Better On Search Engine / Four Applications You Must Have On Your Phone As A Blogger / How To Make Blogger Blog Seo Good Than Wordpress Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Blogger Website Rank Better In Search Engine Result Than Wordpress? by kabsedokenneth(m): 12:42am On Sep 02, 2017
This is a question most online markerters ask that keeps confusing them and the people they ask it at large. Considering the level of confusion associated with this question, many prolific writers who did their best to explain it better have considerably written their different perspective on it and the views they shared was never the same. A blogger website which still have the free host ie ..com is considered a blog which will never rank in search engine results when searched but other blogger website that have moved away from this free host to the custom domain of .com only removing . in their domain names have these days found their way to the top of search engine results other than majority of wordpress websites.

It is in the major thinking of bloggers and webmasters that wordpress hosted sites perform better than blogger sites which in most cases as I have witnessed considered a wholesome error. Speaking of blogger websites ranking better than wordpress sites, let’s place our focus on our immediate society which we are very conversant with. We all know the entertainment, and celebrity legend blogger, Linda Ikeji who we all know still uses the blogger blog and also Bellanaija who still also uses the blogger blog, their websites keep ranking better in search engine results for gossip and entertainment news in Nigeria better than Lailasblog which is wordpress hosted and you never sat down to ask why this happened? No, you believe in the story you’re told about blogger and wordpress.

A wordpress blog is without doubts one of the best blogging platforms but still a blogger blog can still rank better considering webmaster and how it is configured in it. We should equally wrap our head around the fact that blogger websites are more search friendly that self hosted wordpress sites. The basic reason people see wordpress websites as the only website which serve the webmaster tools very perfectly is the fact that the webmaster tool configuration is easier to be...

Read on: http://blogincomes.com/can-blogger-website-rank-better-search-engine-result-wordpress/
Re: Can A Blogger Website Rank Better In Search Engine Result Than Wordpress? by webincomeplus(m): 6:48am On Sep 02, 2017
Well, I didn't click through your post to read the rest of the post, but from the excerpt you posted up there, it's obvious that some things aren't just clear to you yet. Going through your write-up, one can easily deduce that you're a Blogger fan who is clearly biased against WordPress, and chances are you're blogging on the platform.

I've been in the game of search engine optimization for years now, and keyword research is one of my areas of specialization, so I know my stuff when it comes to this topic. And having tinkered extensively with both Blogger and WordPress blogs, I know which is better.

Now, let me address some of the things you got wrong in your post:

but other blogger website that have moved away from this free host to the custom domain of .com only removing . in their domain names have these days found their way to the top of search engine results other than majority of wordpress websites.

The wrong word here is "majority". If you simply had used the word "some", you'd have been on point. How many Blogger blogs are outranking WordPress blogs in SERPS? I challenge you to list out 100 random sentences to search in Google, then note how many of the queries will have Blogger blogs ranking number 1 for them. I can assure you that you can't get up to 20 out of 100. Try it!

You see, Blogger isn't made for SEO per se, and that's why it's not flexible enough when it comes to optimization for keywords and related stuff. And it doesn't matter whether you're using a free or custom domain. Even the few who were able to get good SEO results with Blogger had to either capitalize on the "early bird advantage" or play some dirty game with coding (ask Ogbonge Blog -- he's one of the real few exceptions I'm talkinh about here. And even he has his other blogs on WordPress!).

It is in the major thinking of bloggers and webmasters that wordpress hosted sites perform better than blogger sites which in most cases as I have witnessed considered a wholesome error.

Well, you can consider it an error, but the fact that over 60% of blogs on the Internet run on WordPress is true. And you can't know better than the majority who are also using the platform. Remember, most of them were previously on Blogger before tasting WordPress and finding it far better than Blogger.

You call that an error, right? Have you ever wondered why the biggest blogs in the world run on WordPress? I mean blogs like Huffington Post, Business Insider, New York Times, Forbes, Mashable, TechRadar, and so on? These are blogs that will continue to dwarf Linda Ikeji's and Nairaland's traffic any time, any day. You can check out their Alexa rankings to see what I mean.

Also, take a look at the world's most brilliant Internet marketers (Neil Patel, Pat Flynn, etc). You'd see that their blogs run on WordPress.

We all know the entertainment, and celebrity legend blogger, Linda Ikeji who we all know still uses the blogger blog and also Bellanaija who still also uses the blogger blog, their websites keep ranking better in search engine results for gossip and entertainment news in Nigeria better than Lailasblog which is wordpress hosted and you never sat down to ask why this happened? No, you believe in the story you’re told about blogger and wordpress.

And that was the part of your post that gave you out as someone who really doesn't understand the difference between search engine traffic and direct traffic. Now get this clearly: Linda Ikeji and Bella Naija are not getting majority of their traffic from Google! Majority of their traffic come from direct visits from their loyal fans who visit them multiple times a day. How many times did you come across Linda Ikeji's blog ranking number 1 for a query you entered in Google? And what kind of keyword did she rank for (if not her name and few others)? As for Bella Naija, I know very well that it's ranking for the query "aso ebi bella", which is a series of fashion articles they publish regularly (and probably a few low-competition keywords).

So, when the topic of ranking in search engine is brought forth, don't ever mention the likes of Linda Ikeji and Bella Naija again. It's true that they are high traffic blogs, but their traffic isn't majorly from Google, especially since they are not targeting a specific keyword. And their traffic is consistently on the high because they churn out entertaining content that make their readers feel compelled to visit them every day.

This will make you understand better: Google.com is the world's most visited website. But that does not mean they are ranking for any keyword (and if you think they are, you can tell me what keyword that is). They are simply getting their traffic from direct visits (people visiting Google.com in their browser to ask questions).

A wordpress blog is without doubts one of the best blogging platforms but still a blogger blog can still rank better considering webmaster and how it is configured in it. We should equally wrap our head around the fact that blogger websites are more search friendly that self hosted wordpress sites.

Yes, a blogger blog can rank better than a WordPress blog if the owner can do some extensive SEO job, which would involve tinkering with some coding, or if the WordPress blogs in that niche are still very new or are not optimized.

But I'm telling you, if you start a Blogger blog and WordPress blog on the same topic today, and optimize them equally, the WordPress blog will trump it in terms of SEO traffic. I've seen that happen severally. I even once had to abandon a Blogger blog in the past because of this.

Finally, most of the people holding that Blogger is better are either yet to try out WordPress or yet to understand its full potential and capabilities. And I was once a die-hard Blogger fan, too before giving WordPress a try. Now, all my blogs are on WordPress and are all doing great in their respective niches. It's just sad that here in Nigeria, we prefer praising mediocrity rather than face facts.
Re: Can A Blogger Website Rank Better In Search Engine Result Than Wordpress? by kabsedokenneth(m): 8:15am On Sep 02, 2017
but you can understand with me that most blogger users are not conversant with SEO in Their blogger platforms. i use wordpress for my two sites but i wrote this article to support the morale of those thinking they are being useless considering the using of blogger than wordpress.
Re: Can A Blogger Website Rank Better In Search Engine Result Than Wordpress? by mcqwerty(m): 5:48pm On Sep 04, 2017
Nice piece. WordPress was "engineered" for "Professional" blogging. Blogger has nothing on WP.
Just to point this out - Bellanaija runs on WordPress.

(1) (Reply)

Web Hosting Companies In Nigeria / Buy IPTV Premium Subscription | Instant Activation (buy Now)‎ / Get 10 Free Do-follow .EDU Backlink Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.